FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 30>
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2016 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Dear Nexy friends,

I have an official annoncement.
Here is a new staff who will help the management of "nexy.com".
His name is Andrew Shin, and his email is "[email protected]".
If you have any question concerning "nexy.com", he will help you.

Thank you.

Oscar.

Welcome Andrew!!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2016 at 2:17pm
Now, I'm gunna hafta fly TDY to Korea to meet the new crew. :D

There are reviews of Akrasia around, it is basically a really really fast blade still capable of topspin on solid hit-through strokes. Read thread on Fastest Blade in the World.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 3:28am
I was so caught up with the news that I forgot to mention this new thing that snuck through...

(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 4:17am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Dear Nexy friends,

I have an official annoncement.
Here is a new staff who will help the management of "nexy.com".
His name is Andrew Shin, and his email is "[email protected]".
If you have any question concerning "nexy.com", he will help you.

Thank you.

Oscar.

Welcome Andrew!!

I made a mistake. Andrew's email is <[email protected]>.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 4:21am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

When will Karis be sold?

I need to apologize for long time delay.
We made three times of samples, but we are still not satisfied.
So, now we are working on the forth sample.

I don't think we need to release a new rubber in each season, rather I want to make one good rubber which will be loved by players for many years. So, one or two years of studying is not a big deal, once we found the final satisfying recepi for it. But at this moment, we can not tell you when we will get that.

I will keep you posted on this issue.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 4:23am
Originally posted by gekogark1212 gekogark1212 wrote:

<span style="font-size: 11.666666030883789px; line-height: 13.333333015441895px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">I was so caught up with the news that I forgot to mention this new thing that snuck through...</span><div style="font-size: 11.666666030883789px; line-height: 13.333333015441895px;">
<div style="font-size: 11.666666030883789px; line-height: 13.333333015441895px;">http://nexyttstore.com/blades/496-z-blade.html

This shows another delayed official statement about NEXY's blade development. I will release an official introduction for this blade, soon.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2016 at 7:58am
I once met Mr.boogiehunter when he came to Thailand, he was chopping with karas (thin sponge) on FH. as I remember it was quite spinny. That blue sponge!!!
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2016 at 3:31pm
Finally, I had the chance to compare two of Nexy's more recent blades, Olam and Zealot. They both feature excellent build quality and craftsmanship. They also both share a lovely handle design, not thin, not short, and not chunky like a baseball bat. In play, the deliver as promised. I would say that Olam excels with compact strokes, and Zealot shines with fuller strokes. I would probably pair Olam with tacky rubbers and Zealot with grippy rubbers, but everyone would have their own preferences. Zealot has more of a "love at first stroke," while Olam is the kind of blade would grow on a player. I'm probably going with Zealot as my main blade, even though I use shorter strokes . . . probably because it doesn't make much difference with the way I play, and Z is for Zai. ;-) 

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2016 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Crowsfeather Crowsfeather wrote:

I once met Mr.boogiehunter when he came to Thailand, he was chopping with karas (thin sponge) on FH. as I remember it was quite spinny. That blue sponge!!!

You met the NexyUSA.com CEO. He taught me how to serve a decade ago, that helped my level out a lot. He prolly had ten different blades with him on his visit with you.

Have Blades - Will Travel.

Nexy Korea told me they are gunna take their time and get Karis right where they want it. They are not in a hurry to a failure. I want to see Karis as much as anyone. I use Elpis on BH, but MX-P on FH. 

Edited by BH-Man - 06/04/2016 at 7:53pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2016 at 2:01am
Yes he brought along loads of blade but I saw him using lissom and sauer and troger set up.
I which I would ask him to try karas, but I didn't.

I believe to release Karas is quite serious for Nexy, I hope it going well. 

Edited by Crowsfeather - 06/05/2016 at 2:02am
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2016 at 12:57am
Official Introduction of Zealot

It’s been quite some time since Nexy launched Zealot. As a designer, I feel obliged to write an official English introduction for each blade, but until now I could not find the time to do this for Zealot. Please forgive me. I’ve been extremely busy and a bit lazy. Of course, I wrote many pages of articles about how I came up with the basic idea for this blade’s design concept in the Korean language, but writing an English article has been delayed until now. But I think "better late than never." I am writing this English article to provide supportive information to whoever wants to better understand the major features of Zealot.

Zealot has been in production for over a year, and I can now see more clearly its good aspects. Therefore, this explanation will be based on a wider range of market feedback from Korean purchasers, and I believe that this article will be helpful for all the players interested in Zealot outside of Korea.

<Summary of Nexy’s Fourth Generation Blades>

Let me begin with a brief summary of Nexy’s Fourth Generation blades. Nexy started the Fourth Generation by releasing Kanaph (3.5th Gen.), followed by Chedech (4th). It’s not easy to provide one clear image of the Fourth Generation because Nexy did not focus on one specific feature as we did with the Third Generation, which paid particular attention to the “bang impact.”

All Third Generation blades shared that general feature and function, and the sizes were also fairly uniform. Nexy experimented with many different types of blades throughout the First and Second Generations. This helped us determine the focus for the Third Generation. Therefore, players were sure to find similar features throughout the various blades of that series.

The Third Generation blades focused on the following factors:

1.     Deep touch: I tried to deepen the feeling of impact inside the blade. That meant players could have a “bang impact” during exertion of a full swing movement.

2.     Attacking size & weight balance: Most Third Generation blades aimed at a fast and powerful looping ability. In order to optimize this feature, I designed most of the blades with a similar size (157x150) and thickness (5.7mm~6.0mm). You might be thinking that I was trying to widen the material choices based on one blade shape.

3.     Milder dual speed: In the Second Generation, I aimed at maximizing the range of the “dual speed” system for many blades. Lissom, with a large speed gap between the speed of attacking and blocking, could be acknowledged as a good weapon for players who want to accomplish steady and stable looping from all positions. Calix is a thin attacking blade with very good touch and an extreme dual speed system. It’s still fast, considering its 4.9mm thickness.

With Calix 2 and Qabod, players could feel the adjusted dual speed. These blades are very powerful and versatile for continuous and oppressing attacking style, which connected Nexy’s Second and Third Generations.

Nexy can safely summarize the goal for the Third Generation as such: Featured a dual speed system that was not too shallow nor too deep in order to avoid being too exotic for players. The Kim Jung Hoon blade is a good example of the milder version dual speed system, which was a huge success (Nexy designed and Tibhar labeled it with Tibhar logo). It showed what Nexy wanted to achieve. Peterpan also revealed Nexy’s ideal blade concept for the Third Generation (attacking with bang impact, but with a milder dual speed system).

From this Third Generation blade concept, Nexy could more accurately describe the intention of the next generation blades by using the terms such as Point, Line, and Plane, which were discovered through a great deal of research, experimentation, and development. If you search the early articles I wrote when I began Nexy, you can find three major surface woods that I studied for many years. I will connect the wood materials in order to help you understand what Nexy wants to describe Line, Plane, and Point. So, those three factors are more or less related to the surface wood and feeling of the touch.

Hinoki is the perfect representative material to illustrate the concept of “line” factor. It grips the ball shallowly on the surface, and drives it long. So, the ball seems to be sticking onto the surface, and the wood seems to draw a line with the ball as the swing movement cuts through the air.

Limba is the major material for Stiga’s traditional blade design concept, and it has an excellent “plane” character. Limba embraces the ball with the entire blade, and players will feel as if the whole layer is instantly hugging the ball until it bounces off. This is what Nexy refers to as “plane.”

Ayous shows what Nexy means by “point.” Ayous takes in the ball on one small and sharp point, and the impact does not overflow over that pointed area. But on the other side of the point, the wood seems to be supporting the impacted area with a great deal of power and strength. Players using an ayous wooden surface can feel an enlarged point (according to the second layer’s character) that meets the ball with greater power.

I did not begin using these concepts with the Fourth Generation blades. I had been identifying them since the beginning of the First Generation, but I was not sure how to categorize them into my blade descriptions. I could more clearly classify those factors into the Fourth Generation, because these blades required a clearer concept for those terms, i.e., Line, Plane, and Point.

We are now using the poly ball, which is larger and heavier. The material produces a softer sound and has greater elasticity than celluloid balls, so players will naturally feel that it weighs more. Therefore, many players complained that they lost spin when switching to the new ball.

This had become one of the major factors Nexy considered for the Fourth Generation blades. As a result, I began designing the new Nexy series of blades by searching for unique wooden materials that have a good “line factor.” In result, the Fourth Generation had provided players with series of new surface woods that could drive the ball longer. So, Chedech was constructed with Wenge wood, which is widely known for its excellent “line” character. And Zealot followed this with the newly introduced African wood.

I also needed to enhance the overall speed of the blades. I cannot say whether or not Qabod (2nd) and Arirang, Inca (3rd) are slower than Zealot; yet, I tried to make a speedier blade overall. If players test Nexy’s Fourth Generation blades with the old celluloid balls, they might find them a little difficult to control because they are very fast. However, if players try the Fourth Generation blades with poly balls, they will find them to be an excellent offensive weapon for an attacking game, with a balanced speed.

One final note: Those two factors are related to concept of “point.” If a Nexy blade does not have a point feeling (meeting the ball with one point or a little bit bigger dot gripping the ball and supporting its impact with that small area), then it cannot drive the ball long (line) and it cannot make longer, more powerful shots. Strong impact is not about how quickly the blade bounces off the ball. Rather it is more related to the duration of time that the blade keeps the ball on itself for a longer moment than other blades.

Zealot: The ideal Fourth Generation Blade

When I consider all of the factors listed above, Zealot matches the ideal concept of Nexy’s Fourth Generation blades. The surface wood grips the ball with a “dot” (point), and it drives the ball longer than other blades (line). Additionally, when we check the thickness and the weight of the blade, this blade is relatively thin and very fast.
What’s amazing and peculiar about Zealot is that when players become accustomed to it, they cannot turn (or return) to other blades so easily.

Zealot’s unique characteristics cause players to become addicted to playing with it. I can say this with absolute confidence because of my personal experience. I became consumed by Zealot and lost the ability to objectively test other blades. It was very difficult for me to identify the good qualities of Olam and Z-blade. So, they were in danger of being lost in my memory because Zealot included the desirable features of all the other blades combined. It’s really quite exceptional. It’s attractive and easy for players like myself to become lost in its charm and performance.

However, I am not saying that Zealot is the absolute best Fourth Generation blade. The other blades in the series show different features and qualities, and can more easily be compared to other brands blades. But Zealot is extremely unique and seductive. Therefore, I issue a friendly warning to players who try Zealot — BEWARE! You could be consumed by Zealot and never return to other blades.
In conclusion, this is the representative Nexy’s Fourth Generation blade, and you may very well become addicted to it.

http://nexyttstore.com/shakehand/455-zealot.html?search_query=zealot&results=4

Edited by Nexy - 07/05/2016 at 10:15pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2016 at 1:05am
Official Introduction of Olam

I will not repeat the description of Nexy’s Fourth Generation. For more information, please refer to the previously written introduction for Zealot. This will help you view this blade with the basic understanding of the entire series of blades.

Olam is adopting a new surface material. This is something Nexy had never done in previous generations.
Olam is quite the opposite of Zealot in several ways. Zealot has a strong “line” factor with a slightly sticky feeling. Olam feels more creamy than sticky. It’s slightly buttery, like a delicious cream that stays on your tongue just long enough to savor. It's definitely gripping the ball, but not grabbing it like Hinoki (Kanaph) or Wenge (Chedech).

We can call it bouncy, but typically a ball does not remain on a bouncy blade long enough to create the needed spin. However, even though Olam does not grip the ball for very long, it absorbs the ball deep enough in that short moment to repels it with great power. Olam does not grip the ball like Zealot, nor does it drive the ball long like Zealot.

Players may not feel the ball for very long, but they will notice a good amount of spin. For this reason, I strongly recommend Olam for those who play close to the table with a sharp and quick swing movement. They would enjoy quality spin even with their short, compact stroke.

Olam is very attractive to Asian players, but I am not sure it's suitable for the European market. European players prefer to play a little bit away from the table with big swing movement, while Asian players tend to play close to the table. For example, Korean players have a strong and quick swing, and they expect to enjoy the fully charged spin with their short, fast swing. Therefore, if a blade has a good spin in a quick moment, then it could be a good fit for close to the table players.

Due to its uniqueness (quick and short response), I could not immediately identify the good qualities of Olam. Actually, I began testing Zealot, Olam, and Z-blade at the same time, but I quickly became addicted to Zealot, and I had trouble being objective when demoing the other two. As a result, Z-blade was sentenced to be forgotten from my blade history, and it could be revived only by the many Korean testers, who have requested it continuously over the past years. Olam took almost a year for me to realize that it has its own unique performance characteristics.

http://nexyttstore.com/shakehand/463-olam.html?search_query=olam&results=1

Edited by Nexy - 07/05/2016 at 10:14pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2016 at 12:45pm
One News from NEXY

We are now updating "nexyttstore.com", where you can buy nexy products.
If the menu bar seems strange, then we will be currently working on that.
However, the internal functions are working right, so, you can use that web page without any trouble.
If you have a problem buying there, please, let us know by email.
You can contact us by "[email protected]".
Brand Manager of NEXY
Ladon1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladon1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2016 at 12:47pm
Knowing that Nexy is Korea , how about ITC ? Any one know about it ?
nexy1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2016 at 5:27am
I made one more ID, in order to share pictures.
This forum does not allow me to share more than 20mb images, so I made up one more ID to support my main ID "Nexy" by posting images.

Here are pictures of Zealot and Olam.

http://nexyttstore.com/shakehand/455-zealot.html?search_query=zealot&results=4

http://nexyttstore.com/shakehand/463-olam.html?search_query=olam&results=1

Edited by nexy1 - 06/20/2016 at 5:34am
Nexy designer's sub ID for image uploading
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2016 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Ladon1997 Ladon1997 wrote:

Knowing that Nexy is Korea , how about ITC ? Any one know about it ?

ITC is a local Korean brand.
The former Adidas's Korean agency started this brand, when they were about to lose Adidas TableTennis.
Brand Manager of NEXY
bptse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bptse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 7:25pm

One News from NEXY

However, the internal functions are working right, so, you can use that web page without any trouble.

I noticed the Nexy store didn't have the olam or zealot in cpen. But they are shown as an option on tak9. Is there a way for me to purchase these blades in the near future in cpen? Thanks!
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2016 at 2:03am
Originally posted by bptse bptse wrote:

One News from NEXY

I noticed the Nexy store didn't have the olam or zealot in cpen. But they are shown as an option on tak9. Is there a way for me to purchase these blades in the near future in cpen? Thanks!

Oh, yes. You can surely purchase them in CS.
We are now updatging our site, and things got a little slower.
I will fix it, and you can meet CS very soon.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2016 at 9:52pm
Z-Blade

This is another blade designed and produced at the request of Nexy fans’. How I developed this blade is a long story, but I finally got it out in the market.

I will try to make a long story short:
Three years ago, when I started to think about the basic concept of Nexy’s Fourth Generation, I was clear on one thing — with the new poly ball, we needed to create a series of new blades that generated greater spin than ever before.

So, what blade characteristics help to create more spin? Generally people believe that spin can be caused by the rolling movement of the ball on the blade surface, but that’s not the case. This is a common misperception that is widely off the mark. The ball never actually rolls on the blade or on the rubber.

The ball only can pinch the surface of the rubber, causing the rubber’s top sheet and sponge to become twisted. Spin is generated when the rubber snaps back to its initial form. Therefore, it’s not about how long we keep the ball on the blade but how effectively we can catch the ball in a certain point in time. That is the concept I relied on when I designed Nexy’s Third Generation, and our Fourth Generation makes great use of this concept.

Therefore, we don’t need to keep the ball on the racket for very long in order to create a lot of spin. Rather we need to catch the ball deep in a quick moment and catapult it as the racket covering (topsheet and sponge) returns to its original shape and form.

The surface wood of Z-Blade is alluring because it can generate good spin in a very quick moment. It does not need to “hold” the ball long, as Hinoki or Limba does. This top layer is uniquely different from other materials in that point.

I wanted to maximize that property, which gave birth to Olam, another fine blade. Olam has a quick response, and it does not keep the ball long, but still it generates good spin compared to its quick response. I developed Olam and Z-Blade at the same time, and unfortunately, Z-Blade was temporarily pushed aside and lost among the many sample blades, while Olam enjoyed a successful release into the market.

But many blade testers in Korea had a different opinion. They urged me to keep Z-Blade. According to our testers, “Z-Blade has unique features. It grabs the ball deep and gives good spin, urging us to use an attacking style!” They continued to persuade me, and finally I decided to produce this blade and add it to the Nexy line.

I’m still not entirely sure that I can consider Z-Blade to be one of Nexy’s Fourth Generation blades because it was not my final choice. However, the basic composition is aligned with other Fourth Generation blades, so we are proud to call it one of Nexy’s Fourths.

The surface wood has a quick response, but the second layer and the third layer work together to keep the ball longer. This causes a heavy contrast between different strokes — unbalanced responses. Powerful drives will quickly expel off the blade with great power, while wider topspin shots will remain on the blade longer, resulting in great spin. The dual speed system works well with this unbalanced response, and the blade surface has a very distinctive character.

Basically, this blade is a 7-ply blade, but the general composition follows the normal concept of a 5-ply blade. The core wood keeps the balance of power and weight, and the second layer controls the touch of the surface as well as the depth of the impact. The surface wood is related to the spin and staying moment of the ball. Therefore, it’s a 7-ply that plays similar to a 5-ply. Players will still think of this blade as one of Nexy’s family.

Overall, there is something quite different about this blade that will confuse opponents and keep them guessing. The imbalance between the character of the surface, second, and third layers will prevent opponents from being able to predict the length of the ball’s bounce. I sincerely hope these unique qualities entice you to give Z-Blade a try.
To add one more thing — I’d like to ask you to look at the design. It shows Nexy’s sophisticated touch about blade design.

In order to make a final description, I will add the comments below from my personal experience as a player, not as a designer. This blade is not my final choice, rather it has been chosen by other players.
Z-Blade is sharp, but calculative where to send the ball. You will feel very comfortable with this blade for offensive rallies, but it is not as powerful as other Fourth Generation blades.

Nevertheless, you will be attracted because you will be continuously returning the ball to your opponent in any and all circumstances. That is the uniqueness of this blade. And at some level, this blade shares characteristics with Nexy's Fourth Generation.

I proudly introduce Nexy’s mysterious Z-blade!

http://nexyttstore.com/shakehand/496-z-blade.html

Edited by Nexy - 07/05/2016 at 9:54pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2016 at 10:11pm
2016 Nexy’s New J-Pens

In 2016, Nexy opened the doors and revealed three J-Pen brothers.
Nexy does not continuously sell Hinoki one-ply blades. Top quality Japanese Kiso Hinoki woods are not easy to obtain, and the raw materials are becoming rarer year after year.

So, our production of these blades has been dependent upon the availability of raw material on the market. It was a lucky year! After a long wait, we were finally able to acquire enough precious Hinoki to create three J-Pen brothers:

Temujin +

It’s been 10-years since Nexy sold the AA-grade Hannibal J-Pen in the market. When Nexy begun, its main focus was to compete with other brands (which has now turned into making its own path), and to acquire good raw materials was quite an attractive task.

But we could make only 20 blades, which were quickly sold out. Temujin was one of our original J-Pen designed, and it is now reborn under a new name, “Temujin +.”

Meet the finest selection of Nexy. The wood is cut from the inside of an old Japanese Hinoki tree trunks. It is 11mm thick, which are seldom seen in the table tennis market. It has a soft touch, but with a speedy character. The reason why? We wanted to make this blade the most powerful, fastest J-Pen ever.

Still, the price is quite competitive. In the future, it might be next to impossible to find AA-Grade Hinoki that is suitable for 11mm one-ply blades.

There’s a good chance that this blade will be a one-time production; therefore, we made the price a little lower than the market standard. Maybe this sounds strange to your ears, but I believe it proves that Nexy tries to be fair and responsible to the needs of our customers.
These blades will not stay long in Nexy’s warehouse.

If you want one of these pure Hinoki beauties, we highly recommend that you hurry-up and grab one!

http://nexyttstore.com/japanese-penhold/493-temujin-plus.html

Iskandar +

Iskandar is another excellent Nexy blade that has been missing for a decade. It was well regarded and commonly known as a trustworthy J-Pen, but unfortunately we could not continue to produce this blade due to the lack of available raw Hinoki.

However, after a long absence, Iskandar has returned to Nexy’s product list under a new name, “Iskandar +.”

This is made of A-grade Japanese Kiso Hinoki — a fine wood with good quality. It is 10.5mm thick. It’s commonly known that Korean players prefer to have a fast blade, and Korea is the only place that players can buy a J-Pen that is thicker than 9mm.

Normally, Japanese brands specifically produce top quality J-Pen blades for the Korean market with a 10mm thickness. Some Korean brands try to make them thicker, and only a few brands have J-Pens thicker than 10mm. Nexy is one of those brands!

Iskandar + is a beautiful and powerful J-Pen created from hand-picked A-grade wood. It’s a shame that Nexy cannot guarantee to continuously produce this blade.

However, at the moment, you can lay your hands on this beauty, but you'd better hurry. The materials are getting rarer by the day. Now is your chance to experience the exceptional feel and performance of Iskandar +.

http://nexyttstore.com/japanese-penhold/494-iskandar-plus-.html

Caritas +

Throughout the years, Caritas has been Nexy’s representative Hinoki J-Pen. Along the way, Nexy has been able to acquire some "A-" grade Hinoki wood, and each time, this blade was shown to players.

Nexy will once again release Caritas, but this time under a new name, Caritas +. Like Iskandar +, this blade is also made from hand-selected "A-" grade Japanese Hinoki wood.

I cannot say this blade is better than Iskandar +. But we can consider the price gap when we compare them as both have their own special characteristics.

Caritas + is a highly attractive and compatible blade due to its surprisingly low price. A 10mm J-Pen with one-ply Japanese Hinoki wood is a rare find nowadays. Therefore, this blade is a real blessing, given the circumstances.

Japanese Hinoki trees are now getting rarer and rarer, and sooner or later this grade wood will disappear. So, if you are a J-Pen player, then now is the time to buy a lovely Hinoki J-Pen at a good price.
That’s why we call this blade “Caritas.” It’s new stylish design allows us to add a “+” onto the name.
Take advantage of this amazing opportunity!

http://nexyttstore.com/japanese-penhold/495-caritas-plus.html
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2016 at 3:57am
What Makes Karis Different?

It’s been a while since I promised to write more about Karis. In order to explain more details about this rubber, I will first summarize what I previously wrote:

The history of soft rubber development met a big obstacle when the ITTF initiated the “speed glue” ban. Speed gluing relies on using a chemical to penetrate deep into the sponge to soften the material and add elasticity, which increases speed and spin. After the speed glue ban policy, many brands had to find a new way to enhance rubbers.

So, we could find two different ways among rubber brands. German rubber manufacturers began making high-tension rubbers that focused on artificially expanding the sponge, such as Nimbus and Sinus.

Japanese manufactures like Butterfly turned away from high-tension rubbers like Bryce into a new line of bubbled sponge rubbers. Tenergy adopted a new sponge that has air capsules inside. This air capsule worked as a spring that helped to keep the elasticity of the sponge. But many high-tension rubbers have a problem with unexpected ball movement against powerful shots. High-tension rubbers tended to become solid and they could lose the power to catapult the strong shot by top players. Therefore, many high level players moved away from European brands to Butterfly’s Tenergy05. Note: Tenergy is not a pure synthetic rubber product — it began using a boosting technology from the beginning.

Sometime later, ESN started to produce bubbled sponges as Butterfly did, and Genius of Tibhar became the first release. These bubbled sponge rubbers could work well with hard sponge rubbers, and ESN released many hard rubbers in order to compete with Tenergy.

But, like the high-tension rubbers, those hard rubbers had stability problems, e.g., unexpected ball movement.

When we adopt a hard topsheet to drive the ball, the rubber tries to hold on as long as possible (upward movement), but in the same time, a hard sponge tries to expel the ball quickly (returning movement). Those two different directions could confuse the final ball movement. So, players experience unexpected ball motion when we play with a hard topsheet + hard sponge rubbers. MX-P is a good example for this phenomenon.

During this period of rubber development, there was another big change in table tennis. The ITTF introduced the plastic ball, which was heavier and players could not generate as much spin as they did before with celluloid balls. So, many brands tried to make a more powerful rubber, which resulted in a hard topsheet assembled on a hard sponge. But they could not solve the strange feedback problem. So, ESN switched from a hard top sheet + hard sponge to softer topsheets. A good example of this is Tibhar’s 5Q and Quantum.

At the same time, Butterfly also tried to minimize this problem. Their Tenergy05 became softer than before, and they also released many other soft version rubbers, such as Tenergy 80, 64, and 25.

To sum up, the trend in top quality rubber configuration became a softer topsheet with a hard sponge. But I thought that hard topsheet supported by hard sponge rubbers were still more attractive to many players, even though they sometimes had issues with odd rubber feedback.

I thought about how I could make a new NEXY rubber that featured a hard topsheet + hard sponge without that unexpected ball movement. This is the key reason why Karis is different from all the trendy rubbers.

Karis did not try to solve this problem by only changing the chemical recipe. We also tried to test shorter columns in order to make the topsheet move in sync with the sponge. As previously explained, we tried to eliminate the problem of the topsheet not moving in harmony with the sponge. So, by cutting the column shorter, we could build-up a rubber that moves harmoniously with the sponge.

I am revealing this secret because I know that other brands cannot easily find the optimum length with optimum materials. When we first tested several other rubbers with this shorter column structure, we discovered that many rubbers became extremely dull. It’s not easy to find the good composition with this shorter column topsheet. I will welcome other brands to use my idea, but they will have to pay the fee as I spent two whole years on this new rubber.

That’s it! Karis does not have the inherent problems that other top quality hard topsheet rubbers often do. You can trust this rubber. You will feel that this rubber shows only one strong movement, and you will like this direct motion through the whole depth.

We are sure that our rubber will be good, but it will take some time for you to get accustomed to this direct feeling. Give it a try, and you will have no more stress from the instability of powerful rubbers.

Karis will be released during the final week of October, and the price will be $50 USD all over the world. Spread the word because this is a quite a revolutionary change in rubber history, and you will see that one small Korean brand broke through a big wall that many other global brands could not overcome.

Thank you for reading this.

Edited by Nexy - 10/09/2016 at 3:58am
Brand Manager of NEXY
nexy1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2016 at 4:00am
Here I share the image of the rubber packages.

Edited by nexy1 - 10/09/2016 at 4:02am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2016 at 8:15pm
Yeahhhhhhh after long two years.

First question : karis and karis plus, which one is harder.
Would you provide the actual hardness scale please.

Edited by Crowsfeather - 10/10/2016 at 4:24am
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2016 at 11:31am
Will we have sheets available for forum testing ?
If so, where do i sign up.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2016 at 1:18pm
Just when I was about to settle on Tenergy 05 for my forehand and backhand, you come up with this Cry Not fair Cry
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 4:41am

Launching Rubicon

Rubicon follows Nexy’s 4th generation blades — Zealot and Z-blade.

Nexy’s 4th generation set two extra goals in order to meet the demands of the poly ball age. Considering the new ball’s larger size and heavier weight, Nexy has been trying to enhance spin and speed in general.

Nexy’s 3rd generation focused more on the deep impact feeling in order to deliver a “bank impact” more easily and efficiently. To meet those two factors, Nexy made the impact point closer to the surface than 3rd generation and also started searching for a new surface wood that would help create more spin. Running in these two directions, Nexy released Kanaph, Chedech, Higgs, and Zealot with a focus on a sticky surface wood feeling. Later, Olam and Z-blade were released, and they focused on the capacity to generate lots of spin on a comparatively short impact moment. Olam and Z-blade do not feel as if they are driving balls for long moments as previous 4th generation blades did, but they still produce good spin considering their short moment of impact. Nexy tried to find some ways other than a sticky surface character with Olam and Z-blade.

Nexy went in a different direction when designing Rubicon. Passing by those two factors such as (1) new surface wood for a sticky feeling and (2) shorter impact with comparatively good spin, Nexy tried to make a blade with an embracing feeling to help generate greater rotation.

In order to help you better understand, I can once again illustrate two good examples from other brands’ blade design histories. Japanese brands represented by Butterfly have relied more on the sticky feeling on the surface by frequently using Hinoki wood for their blades’. Whereas the European brands represented by Stiga focused more on the embracing feeling as a whole blade. To achieve this, they primarily used Limba wood as a top-ply.

If I simply describe Nexy’s general blade history, I would say that Nexy has been more concerned with the surface’s driving feeling, focusing less on the whole blade’s embracing feeling. Nexy released several blades using Limba on their surfaces, such as Spear and Peterpan, but we cannot find that trend in the 4th generation, and this is the moment Nexy turned back to the other direction with Rubicon. Therefore, Rubicon is located on the border between Stiga and Butterfly’s blade trend, still trying the 4th generation’s general feature of surface’s sticky feeling, but adding more of the embracing feeling of Stiga’s blades.

The surface of Rubicon has vertical lines like Hinoki, and it seems to hold the ball a bit longer like Hinoki, but Rubicon has a hard, thin surface whereby most Hinoki blades have a soft, thick surface. Rubicon’s surface stickiness is not as strong as Zealot and Chedech, but it still produces good spin because it embraces the ball as a whole, not only by the power of the surface. We can conclude that Rubicon is more like Zealot and Olam than standard Hinoki blades. And we can also consider that Rubicon has an embracing feeling, which cannot be applied to Zealot and Olam, though the feeling is not as strong as with Limba surfaces. If Rubicon were thinner, then it would have a greater embracing feeling, but it would not have enough power to match the poly ball’s larger size and heavier weight.

Another important factor that influenced the design of Rubicon is the height of the curve of the ball movement. What matters is the height from the impact on the blade surface to the moment when the ball flies over the net. Until now, most brands took great care about the length of the ball flight, but Nexy has been more concerned with the span between the ball curve than the flying distance. So, when I designed Rubicon, I focused more on looping stability than power. It has to fly high at the right moment over the net because that is when we can judge if the ball is successfully returning or not. So, what matters most for Rubicon is the short time span between the blade striking the ball and it going over the net. Rubicon is designed to spring the ball up faster and fly higher over the net than other blades.

In contrast, Nexy focused more on a long trajectory with Zealot and Chedech, and the springing up power was not the main concern with those blades. But with Rubicon, the main theme remains more on the moment between the ball impacting the blade and flying over the net. In conclusion, we can say that Rubicon has more power to initially launch the ball. It’s not easy to illustrate this with definitive numbers, but many testers agree on this point.

The rubbers mainly tested for Rubicon design are Karis M+ on the forehand side, and Karis M on the backhand side. You will enjoy the character of Rubicon fully with Karis M+ and Karis M.

There is one important thing to note — Rubicon’s surface wood cannot withstand extra strong glue. We suggest that you use a gentle glue and take more care when you remove rubbers from the blade. It’s advisable to remove rubbers from left to right instead of from handle to head. Note: Rubicon contains a factory sealing, but recently, many brands are releasing very strong glues that may damage blades with vertically lined wood surfaces.
Thank you for reading this article.
Brand Manager of NEXY
nexy1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 4:47am
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 11:32am
Another lovely blade by Nexy!
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 4:53pm
BH-Man just received a sample Rubicon with his order of Karis Rubbers and NexyUSA stuff... will test tonite and make a thread.
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2016 at 5:37pm
I have quick question about Karis.

Are the final (production) versions meaningfully different from the "prototypes" from late 2015?  

I tested a sample (Karis M version) in December 2015, and would like to know what, if anything, changed in this rubber since then.

< id="_npfido" ="applicationpfido" height="0">
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 30>
  Share Topic