Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yasaka Rakza 7 and Mark V HPS - Reviews?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yasaka Rakza 7 and Mark V HPS - Reviews?
    Posted: 07/28/2010 at 12:16am
Has anyone played with these rubbers (Yasaka Rakza 7 and Yasaka Mark V HPS) before? I am very curious about them. They are relatively new, and there are very few reviews of them, if any. I would appreciate it if someone can give a review of either (or both Wink), or at least some first impressions of the rubbers.

A comparison with the Butterfly Tenergy series and/or its spring-sponge clones (e.g. Tibhar Genius, Andro Hexer, new Donic rubbers, etc.) would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! Smile

Edited by AllezCho - 07/28/2010 at 12:20am
Viscaria
T05/T64
Sponsored Links

takacslaci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takacslaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2010 at 2:32am
We have HPS and Rakza7 reviews on hungarian MyTT (www.ppko.hu), but it's hungarian. PLLsystem forum member has the HPS review english version too. Perhaps he can help you.
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2010 at 2:56am
You can find my Rakza7 review here: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=32030

Yaska HPS written by takacslaci:
I had an opportunity to try and test the new Yasaka HPS racket coverings, with 2.0 mm sponges. At 150 × 157 mm headsize cut the weight is 40 grams per piece.
 This is relative lightweight, considering the HPS sponges densities are medium and medium- , and has speed-glue effect. The HPSand the HPS SOFT are the "speedglue-effect versions"  of the old type MarkV and MarkV GPS, but the glue effect is relatively forceless.
The sound effect : minimal.
Sponge hardnesses: medium and medium -
 Therefore the HPS and HPS SOFT are probably going to show essentially the same characteristic like the glued MarkV and MarkV GPS on concrete type of blades.
 The HPS  felt less tuned than the HPS SOFT.
 The feelings are a little bit dull,  with classic japanese properties,... nothing special.

The rubber sheets are the same, the sponge is marked with letter S on the SOFT version.
 The sight of the sponge is just like the usual Japanese Mark V sponge, you can not see any special features.
 The sponge is factory manipulated in some way. Is it caused by material change ?... or is it "factory-tuned" ?  It is hard to say.

The MarkV HPS SOFT has more catapult ability, and a higher loop arc can be produced with it, than the MarkV HPS version, if the blade is really companionate.
The MarkV HPS version has less dinamic feel, it is relatively slow, and it needs clean strokes and movements.
 Compared to 2-3 layer speedglued MarkV or MarkV GPS , the HPS is a retrograde step, not a great leap forward.

With fast, high sweetspot or carbon blades the HPS can be better, relatively good for championship play, but with relative slow blades it doesn´t come up to the expectations.
 Perhaps the max sponge version is significantly faster and more dynamic, but it does not change my opinion essentially.
 One more comment : the sponge looks like suitable for tuners and boosters.
 This is a supposal, I didn´t try it.
we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2010 at 1:30pm
I tried rakza 7 and Mark V Hps too.

Rakza is s mid hard songed attacking rubber. I find it is easy to play but futureless. Maybe I should give more chance to it later time. Rakza Soft will be available soon in market.

Mark V HPS max is the rubber I sticked to these days. Its sponge is not hard. I found it soft for my liking but it does not disturb me altough I use a soft blade like Innerforce Al. I can recieve serves but better than tenergy 05.

It is slower yet more controlled. I did not have difficulties playing from mid distance either.

serves are spinny too. Tenergy 05 is a little bit more spinny tough.

For fair comparison I must say tenergy 05 has more gears and dynamics but in certain occasions like long serve reception or short spinny serve reception, low balls mark V gives me confidence to open the game in a way I want. So that is why I will quit t05 for a while and continue with it.

I agree with PLLsystem that it can be a powerful weapon on a faster carbon blade.

I can highly reccomend this rubber to all old Mark V lovers and for the people finding tenergy is a hard to play rubber on some occasions. This rubber is very consistent unlike german rubbers so people seeking better substitutes for Tibhar, Andro, Donic can rely on this rubber.

When my rubber get older I will try it with booster and speedglue if it has greater impact on game play or negative effects in time.

Frindship F-1
Forhand: Hurricane 3 39
Backhand: Haifu Shark III pink sponge
shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2010 at 6:55pm
I am a Mark V lover.
Is the top sheet on the HPS the same as that on the good old Mark V?
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2010 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by onurzaim onurzaim wrote:

Rakza is s mid hard songed attacking rubber. I find it is easy to play but futureless. Maybe I should give more chance to it later time. Rakza Soft will be available soon in market.

Why do you mean by this? Can you please explain further? Thanks for the the review of Mark V HPS. Smile
Viscaria
T05/T64
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 2:58am
+ 10000 the cover of the rakza is one of the coolest I have seen.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 3:44am
Get it boz! You might like it on your backhand lol it's fairly light too, compared to Tenergy or Tenergy FX. And then hopefully we get a good review too!   
Viscaria
T05/T64
onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 6:04am
Originally posted by shaolinTT shaolinTT wrote:

I am a Mark V lover.

Yes Exactly the same. The look is the same. It is not tensioned like Sriver G2, G3.
Frindship F-1
onurzaim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onurzaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2010 at 6:12am
Originally posted by AllezCho AllezCho wrote:

Why do you mean by this? Can you please explain further? Thanks for the the review of Mark V HPS. Smile

With the word futurless I meant that I could only loop with ease. What I am looking in a rubber is Serving, serve recieving, looping with different angles, performance against chops, close to table stokes like flip, flick etc. With all of those strokes I could not find anything special.

For example while serving the rubber was not spinny while recieving I could not do a powerfull flips to an empty ball. Best I could do with this rubber is loop loop loop but with great consistency. My friend liked my consistency but my attacks was not threatening for him unlike the rubber I was playing with.

I think it is a generic german tensor rubber. Maybe I should give more time this rubber next time so I will not be vogue.
Frindship F-1
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2010 at 12:11am

With the word futurless I meant that I could only loop with ease. What I am looking in a rubber is Serving, serve recieving, looping with different angles, performance against chops, close to table stokes like flip, flick etc. With all of those strokes I could not find anything special.

For example while serving the rubber was not spinny while recieving I could not do a powerfull flips to an empty ball. Best I could do with this rubber is loop loop loop but with great consistency. My friend liked my consistency but my attacks was not threatening for him unlike the rubber I was playing with.

I think it is a generic german tensor rubber. Maybe I should give more time this rubber next time so I will not be vogue.

Eww...that is not good news to me Cry It sounds like a tensor with higher durability as the only notable difference. I think I'll pass for now, unless somebody else gives some good news.

Yes, that would be great if you could try it out some more! Thanks for the help so far!
Viscaria
T05/T64
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2013 at 2:02am
Originally posted by AllezCho AllezCho wrote:

Eww...that is not good news to me Cry It sounds like a tensor with higher durability as the only notable difference. I think I'll pass for now, unless somebody else gives some good news.

Yes, that would be great if you could try it out some more! Thanks for the help so far!

I tried HPS regular for a few hours practices and match play - IMO this rubber HPS has got really gr8 potential if you are willing to work with it. It is not the speed monster nor spin monster nor will give you points by surprise but it will let you play the shot you want and with no surprises!! 
In short very linear and light weight rubber in this modern era of sponges; I tried it just on my BH as I really am addicted to T05 on FH.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2013 at 12:15pm
what's going on??? Few or no reviews of Rakza 7? Do I need to wake up? Do you use Google? tabletennisdb?
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2013 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by shaolinTT shaolinTT wrote:

I am a Mark V lover.

It is the same topsheet. Flawless Wink
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Wyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

what's going on??? Few or no reviews of Rakza 7? Do I need to wake up? Do you use Google? tabletennisdb?

This thread is from 2010
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2013 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Wyo Wyo wrote:

Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

This thread is from 2010
Okkkaaayy... got it now, thanks, Wyo...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic