Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku Latika Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2010 at 2:52am
+1, very good blade for its money (and regardless) ...I switched off the photino and doing better with it.
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
Sponsored Links

vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2010 at 2:57am
Forgot to mention  - Thanks, Peter79!!!!
 It was his review of this blade that was a reason I got info about it and purchased then. And quite happy (though looking for "looping beast"...don't really know what for:))   
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2010 at 9:17am
JCDI, Vic#74 glad that both of you like Latika :)
This blade is a powerful 5 ply blade, not like Samsonov alpha or Korbel which is build before the speed glue ban.
It is as fast as 7 ply but loops better.

If you're EJ, the blade which is worth to try is Lissom. This blade is Acoustic with Violin Feel. It is as soft as acoustic, but has violin feel, a very good looping blade. It is just abit slower than Latika.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2010 at 1:23pm
I had two sessions with Latika so far and I can tell that it is such a great blade for its price.  IMO, it should be rated OFF instead of OFF-.  Blocking and looping from mid distance are great.  Feel really nice for punching as well.  Matched well with H3P Neo on FH.

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2010 at 3:36pm
Love the written message on the face of the blade. It should say: " Your game sucks why are you changing rubbers again"?
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 8:30am
Is this blade good for looping?
I'm looking for an all wood blade good at looping, but in same time I want to be decent in the short game and solid enough for blocks and finishing the point.

I saw a few Latika in the For Sale section and I wonder if anyone is still using it.

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2010 at 5:43pm
I'd also be interested in a comparison with Kasumi Basic. Latika is the bigger version of Kasumi Basic. From what I have read it's just about 2mm longer, while the head width is the same (152mm).
If Latika is slightly head heavy, is Kasumi center-balanced?
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2010 at 7:25pm
Latika has the dimensions of 152mm x 158mm whereas Kasumic Basic is 156mm x 152mm.  This 2mm on Latika makes a huge difference after gluing the rubbers on; at least for me.  It is not head heavy but slightly on the heavy side.  I'd prefer the setup ~ 175grs total and my Latika combo is ~ 185grs.  So I sanded 2mm off the tip of the blade and now my Latika combo is ~ 173grs.  I don't feel anything difference when playing this lighter setup.  In fact, it helps me to recover my strokes faster.  Short games and looping are great with Latika.  However, the best feature of Latika is blocking.  You certainly feel the ball on the blade when looping or blocking.  It's a great feedback to have from this blade.

Kasumic Basic, on the other hand, does not have anything special about it.  Just a very basic control blade and slow.  Tons of control and that's pretty much it, IMO.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ThaiLe - 12/14/2010 at 7:26pm
Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 7:01am
ThaiLe thanks for your answer, I thought everybody ditched Latika. LOL
I'm tempted to try it, but I'm having a good time with Stiga V1 Carbon. Still, I'd prefer an all wood blade similar with V1.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 9:54am
Hey ThaiLe - I didn't know you are back to play with the Latika again :).  Anyway, I agree with you on the Latika, it's very good on short game.  Push and block are very good.  Looping is good too, but I feel it is a little stiff compare to the YEO, so I like the YEO more on looping, but this does not mean that it is worse then YEO on looping, it's just different, a little stiffer, but a lot less vibration, so other people may like it more than YEO on looping.

Edited by mhnh007 - 12/15/2010 at 9:55am
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 11:46am
@Thot:

You're welcome.  Latika has solid but all wood feel and completely different than Carbon blades.  I never played with Stiga V1 Carbon blade so I can't compare those two.

@mhnh007
:

I tried several blades after I sold both of my Latika.  I could not find that feeling again.  Then I realized that I need to give Latika another try and I am so glad that I did.  I am getting older and injuries started happen so big part of my games is to have a consistent block.  And Latika is perfect in that department.  Another one that came closed to my liking is HK655.  However, it is more powerful and harder for me to control.  On top of that, Latika is a very affordable blade.

LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 12:01pm
This blade looks interesting to me for a while, but is the Latika ST handle any bigger than the regular Nittaku ST handles (i.e. Acoustic, Rutis, Filmea, etc.)? I like the L-size handles, and I've heard the Tenor has a larger than average ST handle, but I generally don't like the Nittaku handles.

(BTW, I don't like the size of the BTY Innerforce ZLC, ZLF ST handles compared to the Timo Boll series or Photino, etc, which are great.)

ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

This blade looks interesting to me for a while, but is the Latika ST handle any bigger than the regular Nittaku ST handles (i.e. Acoustic, Rutis, Filmea, etc.)? I like the L-size handles, and I've heard the Tenor has a larger than average ST handle, but I generally don't like the Nittaku handles.

(BTW, I don't like the size of the BTY Innerforce ZLC, ZLF ST handles compared to the Timo Boll series or Photino, etc, which are great.)

Latika ST handle is just slightly bigger than regular Nittaku ST handles but not big enough to make big difference.  However, Latika FL handle is par with L-size.  It is one of the most FL comfy handle, IMO.

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by ThaiLe ThaiLe wrote:

Latika has the dimensions of 152mm x 158mm whereas Kasumic Basic is 156mm x 152mm.  This 2mm on Latika makes a huge difference after gluing the rubbers on; at least for me.  It is not head heavy but slightly on the heavy side.  I'd prefer the setup ~ 175grs total and my Latika combo is ~ 185grs.  So I sanded 2mm off the tip of the blade and now my Latika combo is ~ 173grs.  (...) Kasumic Basic, on the other hand, does not have anything special about it.   Just a very basic control blade and slow.  Tons of control and that's pretty much it,.

how comes there is so much difference? once you've sanded 2mm off from latika, isn't it supppsed to be the same as kasumi basic?
Join the Nexy Clan!
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2010 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Originally posted by ThaiLe ThaiLe wrote:

Latika has the dimensions of 152mm x 158mm whereas Kasumic Basic is 156mm x 152mm.  This 2mm on Latika makes a huge difference after gluing the rubbers on; at least for me.  It is not head heavy but slightly on the heavy side.  I'd prefer the setup ~ 175grs total and my Latika combo is ~ 185grs.  So I sanded 2mm off the tip of the blade and now my Latika combo is ~ 173grs.  (...) Kasumic Basic, on the other hand, does not have anything special about it.   Just a very basic control blade and slow.  Tons of control and that's pretty much it,.

how comes there is so much difference? once you've sanded 2mm off from latika, isn't it supppsed to be the same as kasumi basic?

I think it is the weight of the rubber; especially Tenergy.

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2010 at 2:00am
Sorry, didn't get it: if you sand 2mm off Latika, as far as I can tell from the numbers posted above, the head will have the same size as Kasumi Basic. So why should weight of the rubbers make a difference?
Join the Nexy Clan!
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2010 at 2:03am
I use H3 provincial#20 40 deg and 3rd generation outlaw, it's not head heavy on Latika.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2010 at 2:09am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Total weight is 181 gr. Just, really just a bit head heavy which I like for better looping.

Hey peter79,
btw, thanks for the review.

How much more head heavy would you consider Latika wrt Violin?
Also, what is the reason that you still like Violin more?

I am looking at Latika, or Kasumi Basic, as a more affordable replacement for Violin (for a spare blade and for testing rubbers), but I don't like blades to be head heavy. For me, Violin has just the right balance and grip size.
Join the Nexy Clan!
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2010 at 2:23am
My Violin with Thor and Outlaw also feels more head heavy than Latika setup.
Actually I don't mind switching from Violin to Latika and vice versa. I like them both.
The reason I like violin more is because it has better feel than Latika, and it looks better LOL
Strangely I can win more with Latika than Violin.
Since I suffers from shoulder injury, I might go back to Latika since Latika is faster than Violin.

I suggest you to try Latika than Kasumi Basic, looks better.
If you use Sriver EL and Coppa Jo, it will not feel head heavy.
Latika handle is bigger than Violin.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2010 at 3:51am
I agree that concerning looks: Violin > Latika > Kasumi Basic.

Actually, I just realised that the handle of both Latika and Kasumi Basic is 102mm. Subtracting that from the total length, the head of Latika is 158mm, while Kasumi Basic is 156mm (same as Violin). Moreover they are both wider than Violin (152mm vs. 149mm). This is why I thought that especially Latika was more head-heavy. But maybe the densitiy of woods is different and the 2mm longer grip was made purposely to balance the extra size of the head.

As to the size of the handle, I would be happy if the ST handle were the same cross section as Violin. According to Nittaku's web site, they are both 23mm high and, looking at the picture of ST that you posted earlier, they seem the same shape to me.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2010 at 3:37pm
Peter79, how would you compare Latika and Violin in terms of stiffness/flex? I mean, I'd like to try some new rubbers, but I don't want to mess with my Violin, which I now use as main blade. Do you think that if I tried them on Latika and I liked the feel, they'd fit on Violin as well?

Edited by arg0 - 12/18/2010 at 1:57am
Join the Nexy Clan!
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2010 at 10:18pm
Latika is not as stiff as Violin, stiffer than Acoustic.
Latika head size is bigger than Violin. You must buy new rubber.
Sure you will like Latika if you like Violin.
Btw I buy 93 gr Latika, not sure if you buy lighter one.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

liang1983 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liang1983 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2011 at 9:51am
anyone can compare Nittaku Latika with TB W7 ?
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2011 at 1:57am
Anybody played with Latika Light? or RATIKARAITO, as it's machine translated on nittaku.com? Tongue
W.r.t. Latika, it has a more compact head, 154 x 148 mm instead of 158 x 152 mm, and weighs 10g less on average, 78g instead of 88g. Same thickness, 5.8 mm.

Join the Nexy Clan!
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2011 at 9:58am
does this blade have a annoying *tock sound when you play?

i hate that feeling especially on the stiga OC CR
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2011 at 10:15am
That's likely the most subjective question I've read on this forum. :)
Join the Nexy Clan!
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2011 at 10:32am
how about...

does it have as much vibrations the stiga oc?

I am a total Newb. Come at me!
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2011 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Anybody played with Latika Light? or RATIKARAITO, as it's machine translated on nittaku.com? Tongue
W.r.t. Latika, it has a more compact head, 154 x 148 mm instead of 158 x 152 mm, and weighs 10g less on average, 78g instead of 88g. Same thickness, 5.8 mm.

If you want to play allwood blade, pick the heavy one, it's more powerful.
I use H3 National blue sponge and Outlaw, it's a very nice combo and it's as powerful as my current setup.

Latika Light probably design for teenagers or ladies since it's lighter. Or it's suitable for using heavy rubbers on both sides.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2011 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

how about...

does it have as much vibrations the stiga oc?

No it doesn't. It has better feel than Korbel, a bit softer, not as much vibration as Korbel.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2011 at 2:26pm
if latika and kasumi basic are basically the same blade just different head sizes, how come kasumi is getting reviewed as a slow, nothing special blade, whereas latika is getting reviewed as powerful and good feel?

if they are really same wood plies, I like the smaller head size of kasumi better - compatible with my current blade head size.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
H3 NEO / 388-D1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic