Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 2010 Korean Open...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 2:11am

Korea Open 2010 - Kenta Matsudaira vs Jeong Sang

Sponsored Links

kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 2:13am
ehh kenta is trying to move away from his tomahawk serves. 
kasumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kasumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 6:02am
Originally posted by Stef Stef wrote:

Videos from the Men's Qualification rounds:

Round 1:
Jung Young Sik (KOR) - Feng Xiaoquan (AUT)

Round 2:
Kenta Matsudaira (JPN) - Jeong Sang Eun (KOR)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2US5AATJ

Vitaly Nekhvedovich (BLR) - Pang Xue Jie (SIN)

Jung Young Sik (KOR) - Emmanuel Lebesson (FRA)

Kim Dong Hyun (KOR) - Li Kwun Ngai (HKG)

OMG,how can you get these video?It's brilliant.Did you record it from TV or Satellite signal?lol
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 7:52am
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Originally posted by rsundarajan_r rsundarajan_r wrote:

Why there is no chinese in Korean Open?Shocked

Because the Super League plays this weekend. The league will take a break the following week to avoid the conflict with the China Open in Suzhou.

I have feeling that Pro Tour lost it's importance in relation to national leagues.
If you look at men's draw of all Pro Tour tournaments that were played this year, all top players were present only in Qatar Open, German Open and will be present at China open (18 august). I think this is too little for something calls Ittf Pro Tour.
In Kuwait Germans were missing, in Japan and Korea Open Chinese is missing, not to mention other Tournaments that were much worst with only a few top players...

Ittf must find a way to attract more top players into its tournaments (more prize money?), so the tournaments become more attractive for  the spectators. In tennis you have the chance to see Federer and Nadal on the same tournaments many times a year, and, for example,  Timo Boll vs. Ma Long only few times.

Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
Stef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 8:20am
Originally posted by kasumi kasumi wrote:

OMG,how can you get these video?It's brilliant.Did you record it from TV or Satellite signal?lol

I record from the live stream on bwin.com
kasumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kasumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Stef Stef wrote:

Originally posted by kasumi kasumi wrote:

I record from the live stream on bwin.com
oh,good job~:)
Stef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 9:22am
Videos from the 2nd day of competition:

Men's singles group matches:

Jeong Sang Eun (KOR) - Cai Xiaoli (SIN)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9UVIN9KJ

Jung Young Sik (KOR) - Mattias Översjö (SWE)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TAX5TPFV

U21 boys singles group matches: 

Cho Jae Jun (KOR) - Kim Hyun Soo (KOR)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TGRDF5UU

Chen Chien-An (TPE) - Kim Hyun Soo (KOR)

Mattias Oversjö (SWE) - Shin In Cheol (KOR)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G626DOFN

Chen Chien-An (TPE) - Cho Jae Jun (KOR)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WD1PA2OF

Hwang Jin Seo (KOR) - Shin In Cheol (KOR)

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 10:12am
Originally posted by kenneyy88 kenneyy88 wrote:

ehh kenta is trying to move away from his tomahawk serves. 

I get the distinct feeling that Kenta changed rubbers/blade - he has so many unforced errors that it is painful to watch at times. His backhand is just awful...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 11:06am
i don't think it was a case of matsudaira playing badly at all.  it's just that jeong played him perfectly.  everybody looks bad when they play a better player...

jeong angled him off perfectly on the return of serve and that's why he had to switch to a regular fh serve.

also, i don't see that matsudaira loops very well off the fh for someone at that level of play, so he tends to block on the fh side as much as possible.   if his opponents manage to hit thru the block and he has no choice but to counterloop, then he loses most of the points.

anyhow, i feel like matsudaira is basically a one-trick pony.  it's that serve, the "oji service" as they call it in japan, i believe.  if he can't fool you with that, or (counter-)rip you off the table with his quick backhand or quick blocks, then he basically has nothing else to go to.

also, i think that the novelty of that serve has worn off and, as time progresses, he's gonna lose more and more points off it and he's gonna drop down in the rankings.  i would not be surprised at all if his (twin) brother passes him up on the rankings within a year.  that is, of course, unless he changes tactics...

Edited by takaaki - 08/12/2010 at 11:08am
tablet92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tablet92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

i don't think it was a case of matsudaira playing badly at all.  it's just that jeong played him perfectly.  everybody looks bad when they play a better player...

jeong angled him off perfectly on the return of serve and that's why he had to switch to a regular fh serve.

also, i don't see that matsudaira loops very well off the fh for someone at that level of play, so he tends to block on the fh side as much as possible.   if his opponents manage to hit thru the block and he has no choice but to counterloop, then he loses most of the points.

anyhow, i feel like matsudaira is basically a one-trick pony.  it's that serve, the "oji service" as they call it in japan, i believe.  if he can't fool you with that, or (counter-)rip you off the table with his quick backhand or quick blocks, then he basically has nothing else to go to.

also, i think that the novelty of that serve has worn off and, as time progresses, he's gonna lose more and more points off it and he's gonna drop down in the rankings.  i would not be surprised at all if his (twin) brother passes him up on the rankings within a year.  that is, of course, unless he changes tactics...

I don't think that he changed services because of that because matsudaira's first serve was pendulum but he won much more direct points with his usual tomahawk serve 

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 3:03pm
Everyone's bashing on Kenta.  I'm so loving this Smile
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 3:41pm
people overrate him
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

I like Kenta, but I agree with TTNoobie's post that Kenta is overrated. After his close game with Ma Lin, I think people assumed that he's Japan's new rising sun. However, my old Korean coach said immediately after that match that Kenta's days are numbered. He said that after that match the Chinese would watch all his tapes, dissect his techniques and strategies, and inevitably consume him. That seems to be the case... although, I'd argue that it really was probably just a case of Kenta having a really good day at the table and Ma Lin having a bad day. Although I want to like Kenta, very few of his performances outside of that WTTC are terribly impressive.

My two cents.

tablet92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tablet92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I like Kenta, but I agree with TTNoobie's post that Kenta is overrated. After his close game with Ma Lin, I think people assumed that he's Japan's new rising sun. However, my old Korean coach said immediately after that match that Kenta's days are numbered. He said that after that match the Chinese would watch all his tapes, dissect his techniques and strategies, and inevitably consume him. That seems to be the case... although, I'd argue that it really was probably just a case of Kenta having a really good day at the table and Ma Lin having a bad day. Although I want to like Kenta, very few of his performances outside of that WTTC are terribly impressive.

My two cents.

I don't think he played great only against ma lin, that year he beated smirnov, gardos, karakasevic, chuang, oh sang eun, korbel, keinath, leung chu yan, wang zeng yi, carlos machado and other good players. maybe he is having bad period now or everybody found a way to beat him... 

ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

My two cents.

Yup, my thoughts exactly.  It was just his day and it was just the match up of styles.  If Kenta had to move as much as Ma Lin did, he would have passed out on the floor.  Never saw Kenta as a real threat to the Chinese team.  I just like how people are bashing on him now cuz it will bring his reputation back down to where it should be.
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 7:00pm
kenta matsudaira is a weak player, his results in german league where he won like 2/3 matches out of 15/16 he played and his awfull results in pro tours and other events are simple undeniable! maybe he'll get better, but we havent seen any improvement at all...
Zo k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zo k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 7:35pm
He just won Japan Open doubles.Anyone remember or..? Btw,life is rollercoasterClown
OSP Ultimate 3 CRW ST
Victas V>01 Limber max
Victas V>01 Limber 2.0
rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 7:56pm
thats nice for kenta, he has doubles has a fallback =)
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 10:43pm
how come the matches aren't on ittv?
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

+1

Unhappy
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2010 at 11:07pm
Not to be a downer but what has Matsudaria done to prove himself since the worlds last year? He had a very good tournament and beat some good players but what has he accomplished since? As mentioned earlier he had a hard time in the Euro leagues and hasn't come close to winning a major tournament. The problem is his success created a bandwagon and because his serves have been the weirdest and most creative since Schlager lots of people thought he would be the next phenom. All in all I don't find him all that impressive outside of last years worlds and his doubles win at the Japan open.
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
Stef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 2:45am
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

Usually, they only broadcast from the main tournament, not group matches.
elcapitan_thfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elcapitan_thfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 4:48am
Originally posted by bull_harrier bull_harrier wrote:

Not to be a downer but what has Matsudaria done to prove himself since the worlds last year? He had a very good tournament and beat some good players but what has he accomplished since? As mentioned earlier he had a hard time in the Euro leagues and hasn't come close to winning a major tournament. The problem is his success created a bandwagon and because his serves have been the weirdest and most creative since Schlager lots of people thought he would be the next phenom. All in all I don't find him all that impressive outside of last years worlds and his doubles win at the Japan open.

Beat Oh Sang Eun in World team Cup in Sep 09, and in November he beat Xu Xin and Li Ching in Asian Champs
Stiga Ebenholz NCT V
Boost TX Forehand
Boost TC Backahnd
GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 5:50am

WOMENS SINGLES ROUND 1

Feng Tianwei(SIN) vs Wakamiya Misako(JPN)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z70TM1MA

Jiang Huajun(HKG) vs Cheng I-Ching(TPE)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TYI1BKD5

GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 7:06am

MENS SINGLES ROUND 1

Boll Timo(GER) vs Kim Nam Soo(KOR)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V2FVGIQF

tablet92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tablet92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 1:09pm
I don't understand why ittf always showing matches in the first rounds then highest seeded player beating other guy without trying hard.. For me it's much more interesting to watch matches between simmilar level players..
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 2:51pm
They usually select a table, setup their cameras there and from then on only show matches play on that table (or two). It takes a lot of time and effort to set up everything for the broadcast.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
tablet92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tablet92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 3:50pm
I don't think so, because bwin is covering much more tables
Stef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 4:48pm
For this tournament there have been bwin cameras on two tables: 1 and 8. This means that they will normally show the highest seeds in each part of the draw. Some host associations choose to move matches around to get more "attractive" matches on the TV tables, but apparently this isn't the case here :-(  

The matches on table 1 from the main draws (mens and womens singles/doubles) are available on demand on the ittv site. All the other matches on table 1 (qualification events and U21 in general) and all the matches on table 8 can only be seen live on bwin.  

On the ittv site there will also be live coverage from the singles quarter finals and onwards - usually from an official TV broadcast.

The numbers and placement of the "bwin tables" might vary from tournament to tournament, but I believe this is the typical set up for all the pro tours?

Edited by Stef - 08/13/2010 at 4:49pm
Stef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2010 at 5:28pm
More bwin videos from friday:

Mens singles - round of 32:

Liu Zhongze (SIN) - Joo Se Hyuk (KOR)

Emmanuel Lebesson (FRA) - Vladimir Samsonov (BLR)

U21 boys singles:

QF: Seo Hyun Deok (KOR) - Mattias Översjö (SWE)

SF: Mattias Översjö (SWE) -  Jung Young Sik (KOR)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic