Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 2010 Korean Open...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
stealth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2010 at 4:34pm
the woman single final (feng-wang) is the only video i can´t load on ittv. just me?
Sponsored Links

TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2010 at 5:48pm
nope, I don't think they have it on their server yet.  Don't know why.......
TTNoobie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTNoobie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2010 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by quakerroatmeal quakerroatmeal wrote:

Korean likes playing American pop music? I think I heard them play Kesha - tik tok song about 15 times the 4-6 matches I watched.

Also at these events are there no air condition? Is that normal? No way I'd be able to sit there with the humidity.

I like the way samsonov handled himself against joo. Changed up the pace if all out attack isn't working.

they play american pop music in all the ittf events lol!  Lady Gaga seems to be another favorite.....

Yeah the AC is off in all events, because the breeze affects the light ball.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2010 at 7:32pm

Samsonov is probably one of the hardest players to beat by a defensive player ever.

From the times of Ding Song when Samsonov beat Ding Song easy in Manchester with his steady looping.

It is a very good result and very close 4-3 to Joo See yuk.

That shows he didn't beat Boll by chance and how high is getting his playing.

Edited by ejmaster - 08/15/2010 at 7:33pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2010 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by quakerroatmeal quakerroatmeal wrote:

Korean likes playing American pop music? I think I heard them play Kesha - tik tok song about 15 times the 4-6 matches I watched.

Also at these events are there no air condition? Is that normal? No way I'd be able to sit there with the humidity.

I like the way samsonov handled himself against joo. Changed up the pace if all out attack isn't working.

There was A/C there, it just wasn't set to a rediculous low temp. I showed up sweat/wet as a drowned rat and cooled off within a couple hours. Humidity outside was maxed out. Humidity inside was reasonable/manageable. I got by without one of those fans you wave and I am a guy who sweats a lot.

As for the music, they played "We will rock you" and "I love rock n roll" the most. I got a pile of children to start stomping the floor and banging their seats to "We will rock you." Kids loved it and it irritated their parents some.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2010 at 7:50pm

THIS IS FOR DAHOBIIT
sorry for hijacking the thread but i would like to know about blowfish+; is it spinny, fast and does it sound like cork(voc)glued write a few coment about blowfish please..

Edited by bbkon - 08/15/2010 at 7:56pm
TTPokemonLover View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTPokemonLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 2:56am
nooo i was really hoping for a joo win.... :'(
Timo Boll Spirit FL Handle
Tenergy 05, 2.1 mm Black
Tenergy 64, 2.1 mm Red
GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 3:57am
Men's Singles - Final

Vladimir Samsonov(BLR) vs Joo Se Hyuk
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EED3NJ9Z

Edited by GECA - 08/16/2010 at 3:58am
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 4:01am
I love you GECA!!!! LOL Thanks for uploading !

Edited by TBS9x - 08/16/2010 at 4:03am
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
Video: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-p2VHaiDk
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7bHoFRj_oU
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnqlW
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 4:38am
Guys, do you think Timo Boll is losing because of his mental strength is weak? I mean last match with Jeng Tianyi he he had few match points but he lost and his face was full of tension and seems like he was choking. The next match with Joo, Joo had home support with the crowd cheering and stuff, Boll seemed to be unfocus, as if he's head is not in the stadium XD
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Stiga Boost TC
Tibhar Grass Dtecs 1.6mm
Video: - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u-p2VHaiDk
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7bHoFRj_oU
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnqlW
lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 6:33am

Korea Open 2010 - Timo Boll vs Joo Se Hyuk (Epic Semi Final)

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 9:49am
Stealth... That woman's finals match game 7 from 8-8 to (15-13?) finish was simply an insane flurry of fast bang bang close to table loop action and suspense. Nets/skill/luck determined the final points. You gotta see it.

I like how the China/Spain player penned her name on the lower back of her Jersey with a black marker, like the team couldn't get her a personalized jersey, or she couldn't get laundry done, because she was too busy playing the entire field without break.

Edited by BH-Man - 08/16/2010 at 9:52am
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 10:48am

Korea Open 2010 - Vladimir Samsonov vs Jo See Hyuk (Amazing Final!!)

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 11:52am

th very much lild100,

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 11:59am
Oh Sang Eun vs Vitaly Nekhvedovich

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EFXAO5EV
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 12:03pm
By the way, I hope takaaki will organize all the videos in his title post - that would have been the right thing to do... if he has 10 mins of time to spare, that is! Thanks!

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by lild100 lild100 wrote:

You can see why Vladi wins against players like Chen Weixing and Joo - he is so patient and waits until an opportunity arises. Since in his style he is closer to those guys than regular power attackers like Boll or Ma Long, he knows what to do. He doesn't force the attack if it's not completely necessary, so he commits less errors against defenders.

Joo however played a brilliant tourney, including the final. He stretched into the seven sets and was at times simply great, especially when attacking.

takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

By the way, I hope takaaki will organize all the videos in his title post - that would have been the right thing to do... if he has 10 mins of time to spare, that is! Thanks!

uh, how do i do that, jim??  pls. explain.
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 1:05pm

Originally posted by lild100 lild100 wrote:

You can see why Vladi wins against players like Chen Weixing and Joo - he is so patient and waits until an opportunity arises. Since in his style he is closer to those guys than regular power attackers like Boll or Ma Long, he knows what to do. He doesn't force the attack if it's not completely necessary, so he commits less errors against defenders.

Joo however played a brilliant tourney, including the final. He stretched into the seven sets and was at times simply great, especially when attacking.

yes, i think what did boll in, apart from rust after the long layoff, was that he tried to loop every ball and against joo, you just can't do that, cuz the backspin become "compounded" and it gets so spinny to the point where it's impossible to lift.  so you have to push some balls back to reduce the backspin coming from the pips.  so, vladi played joo perfectly.

that said, it did go the distance and i think joo just plain ran out of gas at the end and that's why he got blown out in the last set.
TTPokemonLover View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTPokemonLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 2:12pm
i thought it was shen/feng final not wang/feng?
o wait nvm are you talking about the semis? my bad
Timo Boll Spirit FL Handle
Tenergy 05, 2.1 mm Black
Tenergy 64, 2.1 mm Red
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

uh, how do i do that, jim??  pls. explain.

I meant that you copy all the posted links to the videos (from MU or YouTube) into your title post - preferably organized by rounds. See example here:

German Open 2010

Thanks!

P.S. If you do that here, could you also do that for Japan Open 2010 where you also were the topic starter... that's hard life for the first guy, I know... Wink

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 4:13pm
I have women's final and semis from itTV - will upload soon...

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 6:07pm
WS-F: Shen Yanfeng vs Feng Tianwei

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KCN0IRPZ

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 6:58pm
WS: Semifinals

Feng Tianwei vs Wang Yuegu
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0NWZ9U2A

Li Jiawei vs Shen Yanfeng
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V1RZOF99

bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2010 at 7:07pm
Samy and juicy rocked.  Timo Boll made me feel good about playing choppers!
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
danggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 1:34am
GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 3:03am

Men's Doubles - Final                    

BAUM Patrick/STEGER Bastian(GER)  vs   LEE Jung Woo/RYU Seung Min(KOR)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IYQO31EW

GECA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GECA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 9:43am

Women's Doubles - Final                    

KIM Kyung Ah/PARK Mi Young(KOR) vs    KIM Jung Hyun/SEOK Ha Jung(KOR)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B6UH6EOM

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by danggi danggi wrote:

protour s' review here.....

that's an interesting link but posting it on an English language forum seems a bit pointless...

A lot of good pictures, though! Thanks!

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2010 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by TaFei TaFei wrote:

I must admit I never followed Shen Yanfei until today.

Her close table control and attack succeeded in pushing Feng Tienwei away from the table, the key to Shen's win.

Shen was awesome in an awesome match.

She has made a fan of me.

BTW her forehand makes a loud sound. Does anyone know what rubber she uses?

seems a bty pip maybe flarestorm2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic