Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The fastest all wood blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The fastest all wood blade
    Posted: 08/25/2010 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

On Saturday, I took my Dr. Neubauer Bulldozer blade with Flarestorm 2.1mm and Giant Dragon LP to LATTA and let our top players try it... Conclusion:  It's the fastest rocket they have ever had their hands on (and the largest paddle by total dimension).  Big smile  "A frying pan that hits like a trampoline" was the most accurate comment of the day...  LOL

butterly jpen ASPYTE way faster than my wind carbon
Sponsored Links

Best99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Best99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2010 at 9:33pm
No, hahahah, it was for who said ''Somebody has to mention Schlager Carbon''. I just forgot to quote him. My apologies.
Blade: Timo Boll ALC 92 g.
Forehand: Tenergy 05 2.1 mm. (black)
Backhand: Tenergy 05 2.1 mm. (red).
Perfect loops
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2010 at 2:15pm
best99,
     Where you said, read the post again right under my post. The Bob Brickell blades are all wood. Must have meant someone else's post? Smile
     Nobody I have seen on MYTT has ever mentioned Bob's TT supply site. He has his own line of blades. The ones mentioned are VERY fast. But, you should check on the weight before buying. Smile
Best99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Best99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2010 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Hookshot Hookshot wrote:

Best 99, who are you refering to?Smile

Don't understand your question... Who am I refering to for what?
Perfect loops
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2010 at 12:24pm
I have a friend who plays with Butterfly L.Hielscher ( Bryce + Sriver FX) ,and I could say that it is pretty fast .Stiga Offensive NCT is also fast. (Hielscher is faster than NCT)
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2010 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I think the old H 1 9s were different from the blade they sell now by the same name.
I think so too.
I also forgot about L.Hielscher. I have one here taking dust. It's very fast. If I had to compare with Mazunov, I'm not sure which one would be the fastest. I'll make a test.... some day Cry
Joola MC1 is also very fast. But it's not the same kind of speed as above mentioned. It's very light, around 80gr, therefore I feel like it's less powerful. Weight + speed = Kinetic power that doesn't provide light blade eventhow it's basically as fast as Mazunov (sorry for that piece of confusing english...I can't find how to describe it better...).
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2010 at 9:20am
I think the old H 1 9s were different from the blade they sell now by the same name.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2010 at 9:18am
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

The fastest I ever played with was and old Tibhar H-1-9 . Such a monster that I had to play with sriver 1.5mm unglued and was still too fast. At the mmnt Mazunov gets the lead.

I had forgotten about that one!  Definitely faster than a Mazunov.  Unplayably fast.  I had forgotten about it because it was so fast that I gave it away on the same day it came in the mail.
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2010 at 3:04am
Best 99, who are you refering to?Smile
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2010 at 1:20am
ALL Wood, I would have to go with Yasaka Panther...if you can find one. A really old model that vaporized the ball, more like OFF++++ the charts. LOL
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

The#SumS# View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The#SumS# Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2010 at 6:11pm
Xiom Athena Platinum...

Off+ Penholder =)
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2010 at 4:42pm
On Saturday, I took my Dr. Neubauer Bulldozer blade with Flarestorm 2.1mm and Giant Dragon LP to LATTA and let our top players try it... Conclusion:  It's the fastest rocket they have ever had their hands on (and the largest paddle by total dimension).  Big smile  "A frying pan that hits like a trampoline" was the most accurate comment of the day...  LOL

Edited by roundrobin - 08/23/2010 at 4:43pm
flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2010 at 4:20pm
A friend of mine has h 1 9 fl but it was a litlle bit sloer than yeo...
Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2010 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I did not know walmart was in the tt business in such an advance way ( expensive blades without rubbers)

I see Joola blades and also some BTY Pro-line rackets on there.  If Walmart can negotiate some good deals with wholesalers that translate to savings for buyers, even a 5% discount, they'll really be in business.  I'm surprised not to see Killerspin in there.

As for the fastest all-wood blade I've tried, it's probably Mazunov with Clearfield a close second.
_popupControl();

Edited by BeaverMD - 08/23/2010 at 4:02pm
Best99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Best99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2010 at 2:07pm
And what about the Kim Taek Soo? I'm a shakehand player, but penhold players say it's damn fast...
Perfect loops
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2010 at 1:21pm
The fastest I ever played with was and old Tibhar H-1-9 . Such a monster that I had to play with sriver 1.5mm unglued and was still too fast. At the mmnt Mazunov gets the lead.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2010 at 6:41am
Just for me... Yeo 89 gr...verry fast and powerfull...Faster than Hk.
Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
gnopgnipster View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnopgnipster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2010 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by unstablesam unstablesam wrote:

Somebody has to mention Schlager Carbon !!!
I thought this thread was about all-wood blades... Maybe that's why nobody mentioned it.

CHEERS!
Hardbat: Valor Champion/FH/BH-Valor Premier-OX

Regular:Valor Big Stick FH-Apollo II & BH-Globe 979 OX

Best99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Best99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2010 at 9:21pm
What about Butterfly Ranunculus? Has anyone tried it out?

PS: sorry for the double-post
Perfect loops
Best99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Best99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2010 at 9:17pm
You should read the thread's title again...
Perfect loops
Hookshot View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hookshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2010 at 4:40pm
Bob Brickell's 7 ply balsa + two birch or his 12 ply birch are among the fastest in the world.
gnome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2010 at 3:40pm
where does new ranunculus fit in? has anyone tried it yet?
it is said to be fast for wood..
can someone pls order this list in terms of speed: clipper,p700,mazunov,ranunculus,korbel,stiga nct offensive
also, does anyone know how tt companies are 'upgrading' wood blades for nonglue era (for example stratus power wood, ranunculus, nct); are they just thickening the core?
thx
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2010 at 2:17pm
I played 3 hours with a Joola Wing that I borrowed yesterday
it had Tenergy 64 and Bryce speed fx on it.
It's really fast a blade!
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2010 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by unstablesam unstablesam wrote:

LOL The title of the thread is "The Fastest All Wood Blade"

But you're right, it's hella fast. Big smile
Viscaria
T05/T64
unstablesam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstablesam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2010 at 2:10pm
---------------------------------------------
Stiga Super Carbon
BTY Bryce Speed FX - FH
Donic Coppa JO Platinum Soft - BH
---------------------------------------------
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2010 at 9:31am
Butterfly Tenper Speed
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2010 at 9:03am
Hurricane WL
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
tompy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tompy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2010 at 9:56am
The fastest blade I,ve played lately I had made myself. Five plies, poplar core, limba second and outerplies. 84 grams 149*157  mm headsize, 8 mm thickness. Too fast for me, significantly faster then a yinhe k-2. Later on I sold it to someone who was looking for an alternative for his (ten grams heavier)........Mazunov. According to the review he send me it was faster then his mazunov. But I doubt, not being a pro or something if he was able to use the heavier Mazunov to it,s full potential and with powerfull fh rubber. I reckon it was quicker for sure due to the smaller head and lighter weight.
I consider blades not as fast though. Powerfull and/or quick are terms that fit better. Speed is more a marketing term. Fast I consider a term for the ballspeed that results from a certain stroke with a certain blade/rubber combo but also a player involved.

Some blades are so powerfull almost no one (or maybe no one) can use the potential for speed (except maybe in training knowing where the next ball will come). So how would I know the blade I made was faster then a mazunov ? It was quicker, sure and I found I did a good job on making a relatively powerfull blade with a good weigth that was quick to play close to table but he used two soft light tensors in max what will happen if on a relatively light blade the rubbers would be two tenergies. It will loose quickness and if the speed comes mostly from that it can become slower then Mazunov. What happens if you put a powerfull rubber Like tenergy on a powerfull blade in the hands of a powerfull player....
But the energy has to come from the player if
(whatever the reason,maybe not training almost daily or not - yet - enough developed technique)
the potential off the blade can,t be used it,s a waist just as tenergy is a waist on a blade that can,t  match it powerwise.

Edited by tompy - 08/21/2010 at 1:02pm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2010 at 9:26am
Hunter Pyro (90+gr) OFF+
BTY VSG 1000 (mid 80s gr) OFF+

Both easily a grade or two faster than the OFF TBS. Don't know the fastest in the planet, haven't tried them all. Just these two are the fastest all wood blades I have tried.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 7:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic