Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WHO d'you mostly AGREE with in MYTT? & NOT?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WHO d'you mostly AGREE with in MYTT? & NOT?
    Posted: 08/19/2010 at 6:53pm
I see there are some members with whom i fairly consistantly agree with on opinions reviews etc. ... and with some who are on the other pole...almost predictably!!

do you guys feel the same? lets have these thread and see who agrees with whom.. and whether the other guy/s think likewise too?

UPDATE: RESPONDING TO BEST99- ITS NOT A QUESTION OF BEING NICE AND AGREEING OUT OF COURTESY... ITS ABOUT WHOSE VIEWS AND LOGICS CONCUR WITH YOURS MOSTLY.. INDEPENDENT OF WHETHER YOU ACTUALLY MENTION IT OR NOT. 

My agreements:

i may have a long list.. and will have to rememeber whom i am prolly missing in the list. 

to start with Anton, Kolev, Boz (mostly), Yogi, HaggisV, zoranV [will keep adding names].......

[and the guys who liked this post.. ;)... i agree with you ]

Edited by debraj - 08/22/2010 at 2:17am
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Sponsored Links

lild100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lild100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 7:01pm
haha nice thread :DD 
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 8:23pm
Potentially dangerous area to enter.  

Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Best99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Best99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 10:01pm
I think it mostly depends on the personality of each of us.
There are some people who naturally tend to discuss, whereas other persons who agree on everything.
As a matter of fact, I always try to give my most honest opinion, since I think that a forum is made up not in order to agree or desagree costantly with other people, but to share different points of view.
Blade: Timo Boll ALC 92 g.
Forehand: Tenergy 05 2.1 mm. (black)
Backhand: Tenergy 05 2.1 mm. (red).
Perfect loops
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

I completely disagree LOL
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
sahiggs100 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sahiggs100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2010 at 11:54pm
I don't really see the point of this.  These are dangerous waters that easily lead to contentions. We're being asked to say who we agree and disagree with and that could cause trouble between members.  But since I'm posting in this thread I'll say I agree the most with bozbrisvegas at the moment since he brought out that this thread is a dangerous area to enter.
Blade: Nexy Lissom
FH: Gambler Outlaw Black
BH: RITC 802 Short Pips Red

Please Don't feed the EJ's!
ohhgourami View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohhgourami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 12:31am
Fine I'll jump straight in. Anton, Beeray1, Rack
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 12:56am
added in the original post...

Edited by debraj - 08/20/2010 at 2:09pm
vid1
Vid 2
dimikkio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimikkio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Best99 Best99 wrote:

I think it mostly depends on the personality of each of us.
There are some people who naturally tend to discuss, whereas other persons who agree on everything.
As a matter of fact, I always try to give my most honest opinion, since I think that a forum is made up not in order to agree or disagree constantly with other people, but to share different points of view.
These are the Best words on the topic I'd say. Smile But I have something to add.Smile

The question is very interesting for me, maybe not directly, but in its implications. We are all somehow different, so when people advise each other on equipment it's just natural that doesn't go for everyone. So the subquestion is: what is the level of difference between people which makes any discussions impossible and fruitless? If two people totally disagree on something, I think (IMHO) they would never come close. They might brawl but not crawl towards the agreement. On the other hand, if people totally agree, there's nothing to discuss and ask about. So what is the acceptable level of disagreement, when it's still possible to convince each other? My guess is around 20% (I'm obsessed with 80-20 stuff Smile )
 Anyway, I believe this figure exists. Say it is equal to N%. In this case somebody able to give advice in principal would give you good advice if and only if your style doesn't differ from his more than N%.
 Another painful thing. It is painful for Russian TT forums - there're 3 big forums at the moment. Well, it's painful for me. To cut a long story short, we as a community can't suppress unconstructive disagreement, destructive disagreement. To be more precise, when the sh*t hits the fan, we just wipe on towels pretending it's another six points. So IMHO everybody should feel responsibility for any disagreement he brings in.

Edited by dimikkio - 08/20/2010 at 1:36am
Hallmark Aurora off/def/Donic Coppa Х1 Turbo Platin 2.0/ Joola Octopus 0.5
Heimdallalso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimdallalso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 2:23am
This is, as they say, a real no brainer.

I mostly agree with the people who are right & disagree with those who are wrong...
mostly.
NEXY Lissom st 85g
fh/ Andro Impuls Speed max
bh/ Palio Flying Dragon 1.8
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 3:49am
When it comes to the game, tactics and stuff, I rarely disagree with APW and I think we see TT the same way. Then there are others, Like Anton, JimT, PPRob and Boz who I mostly agree with but not always. As for people I don't agree with, there are a couple of those as well, but I think it's better not to name them here.
The holy grail
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 5:20am
If I remember correctly, it seems that many forum members here don't agree with Sidofmillenium. Wink
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 5:28am

There is a small band of 'cross forum' posters who I get on extremely well with, Speedplay being one of them, I also think the mods are pretty good on here, being one myself elsewhere, I know how hard it can be to get the balance right between moderation and sensorship.

I also agree with Boz AND Rob, work that one out. 
The Older I get, The better I was.
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 5:45am
this is an interesting thread, it's like online matchmaking. Find your perfect match! If you agree with a person a lot, you may have very similar styles with one another or mentality. my match made in heaven is Boz, but I've been sending flirtatious looks to Nicefrog and hitting on Icontek. I'm a playa what can i say

Edited by popperlocker - 08/20/2010 at 5:51am
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 6:47am
gee thanks mate:p I agree with both Boz and Rob also, they just don't agree with each other : ). Beeray1 is the guy I most agree with about rubbers, I haven't seen him suggest one I didn't like yet and looking forward to him writing more about this new one he's trying now. That's nothing to do with what's a great rubber and what isn't but clearly I play well with the same rubbers he does.

I also agree with haggisv that blasa blades are the way to go :0 although I am appreciating 5 plywoods at the moment now that I know enough about blades to appreciate flex and how it can help your game. I still can't play as well with them as I can with balsa but I do like the feel of a high end 5 ply
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 7:46am
Ah, Icontec and Haggisv, how could I forget about them??? Al though Haggisv don't post as much here, when he do, it is usually quality stuff. I know there are probably even more members that I've seen post great stuff, but it is hard to remember them all.

Those I disagree with are either low level player's who don't see/understand the bigger picture of the game, or, high level player's who understand more about the game then I do... As long as people are respectful, I think I can get along with most of the members here, regardless of level/knowledge.
The holy grail
prott.co.uk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prott.co.uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 8:03am
Roundrobin stands out in this respect for me.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Thaidog Thaidog wrote:

Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

I completely disagree LOL

LOL.  I see that you remember the (LOL) this time.
BTW - I agree (but not completely) with you and BOZ Big smile.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 8:56am
Originally posted by popperlocker popperlocker wrote:

this is an interesting thread, it's like online matchmaking. Find your perfect match! If you agree with a person a lot, you may have very similar styles with one another or mentality. my match made in heaven is Boz, but I've been sending flirtatious looks to Nicefrog and hitting on Icontek. I'm a playa what can i say

Best post so far, but not sure that I agree Wink.
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Heimdallalso Heimdallalso wrote:

This is, as they say, a real no brainer.

I mostly agree with the people who are right & disagree with those who are wrong...
mostly.

Somehow I have a feeling that you are 'mostly' talking about me Shocked.
tomas.gt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomas.gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 10:43am
I agree the most with APW46. Also, I agree often with other Europeans. However, without the knowledge of the game and style of the users, it is hard to judge their posts.
Also, Peter79 has my respect, but I cant understand, how he can play with hexer. I also never agreed with debraj and his hexer obsession (it is fair to say that I dont like hexer). But it is not about personality, usually there is one, two or several things to disagree with, which is OK.
Kokutaku Bishu no.1 ST - H3N red , BTfly Spinart 2.1 black
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 12:05pm
Tomas.gt, I can play with Hexer because it's a good Forehand rubber.
It has a spin that considered spinny for Tensor/ non Chinese rubber.
I really miss the feel and confidence of looping with H3 Blue sponge, but when the tune effect gone, it become slow...
When I retune it again with parafin oil, the result is not the same as the previous one.
I'll try to tune once more, if the tune effect gone, I'll keep it stick to the blade permanently.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 1:11pm
My vote goes for Debraj for agreement. Wink
চালিয়ে যান দেবরাজদা, আছি আপনার সাথে। পোস্টটা হয়েছেও সেরকম।

TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
hungga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hungga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 1:39pm
I even found good things with sidofmillenium especially his struggle to prove the odd. 
:: EJ level 1 ::
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 5:09pm
I mostly agree with austin, anton, sid and yogi. 
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by tomas.gt tomas.gt wrote:

Also, Peter79 has my respect, but I cant understand, how he can play with hexer.
 ClassicLOL bring it on Peter....
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by hungga hungga wrote:

I even found good things with sidofmillenium especially his struggle to prove the odd. 
 So have I, he's not a total idiot, he actually says some really good stuff at times. Its abit like Hayleys comet though (every 75 yrs)

Edited by APW46 - 08/20/2010 at 5:18pm
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by tomas.gt tomas.gt wrote:

I agree the most with APW46. Also, I agree often with other Europeans. However, without the knowledge of the game and style of the users, it is hard to judge their posts.
Also, Peter79 has my respect, but I cant understand, how he can play with hexer. I also never agreed with debraj and his hexer obsession (it is fair to say that I dont like hexer). But it is not about personality, usually there is one, two or several things to disagree with, which is OK.

thas funny... because on contrary i mostly agree with your viewpoints... till the last discussion about soft sponged tacky rubber. 

as for hexer... this is my second love affair with an old hexer. earlier i loved it for fh replacing tenergy... but figured it soon looses some speed. then recently i used it on BH of IF ZLC.. and i fell for her again. 

Edited by debraj - 08/20/2010 at 5:23pm
vid1
Vid 2
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I mostly agree with austin, anton, sid and yogi. 

i'm sure agreement with SID is universal... but surprised you also agree with anton and yogi.
vid1
Vid 2
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2010 at 5:31pm
Agreement with SID constitutes a capital crime here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic