Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H3 Neo blue sponge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 Neo blue sponge
    Posted: 09/03/2010 at 1:05pm
Finally, I have received three sheets of the H3 Neo blue sponge, which is arguably the most hyped rubber from DHS. I got two pieces in 39 deg hardness and one piece in 40 deg (although I ordered three in 40 deg hardness). The sponge (40 deg) feels softer and more flexible than the orange sponge of the regular H3 Neo (40 deg). The rubber seems a bit lighter to me, it weights 58 gr (16.7x16.7 cm^2).

Here some pictures (unfortunately not very good quality since my camera is at my girlfriends place since quite some time, so I took the pictures with my mobile phone):

I'll go and have a few hits with the new rubber in about an hour or so.

When just bouncing the ball, it feels a bit more dynamic than the orange sponge and seems to have a notably lower throw when I put some backspin on the ball and let it jump of again under some angle. Let's see how it performs when it is run in...

Edited by High_Arc - 09/03/2010 at 1:13pm
Sponsored Links

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2010 at 1:21pm

I commend you for playing H3 on a MJ.

I think those rubbers are supposed to be tuned further. I could be wrong though..

Let me know if you don't like it and I'll be your first candidate for buying one off your hands to try myself Wink

Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2010 at 1:26pm
Beautiful! I'm very interested in how this plays!!!!
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2010 at 1:52pm
I am also interested in your review ,so many top chinese use these rubbers I cant help think that there must be a very good reason why.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
saif View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2010 at 2:52pm
That blue sponge on H3 neo looks sexy. Where do you get those from? Are they commercials, provincial or national versions? Looking forward to your review.
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/
pingmasterjam View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingmasterjam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2010 at 2:53pm
High -Arc
where did you purchase it from ?
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2010 at 4:36pm
Just played a few balls against a robot. I mostly find it hard to get a precise impression of the characteristics of a rubber when I play against a robot. I will try to give more detailed impression tomorrow evening. By then, i will have used it in competition (we have the first match in our league). It's a bit of a risk to play with the new rubber, in particular since it's most likely not fully run in by then (I'll have some more hits against the robot tomorrow morning), but I think that although there are distinct differences between the two H3 Neo's, they are still similar enough so that I don't get too confused.

So what are the differences between the blue and the orange sponge?

As I've said before, the blue sponge feels a tad softer and more elastic. It is more lively and has more catapult in that sense. Though it is still clearly a Chinese rubber. I think the blue sponge lies between the orange sponge and the Blue Whale II, but perhaps a bit more powerful than both.

I'll post a short video soon and more detailed impressions will follow by tomorrow evening as already said above.

glanden.zheng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glanden.zheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2010 at 6:28pm
The blue sponge can be purchased at http://prott.cc/. Personally, my one is untuned, because I have heard people say that you're feeling for the ball could get messed up if you play with it throughout it's whole 'tuned' state, because it will slowly degrade. The tuned NEO HAS to be purchased as the National Version, while the Provincial is untuned and is a bit cheaper. I might post some pics of my NEO's too, if High_Arc doesn't mind... This could be an official thread for Blue Sponge Hurricanes! 
Butterfly Viscaria FL

FH: Hurricane 3 Prov

BH: Tenergy 05
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glanden.zheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2010 at 6:28pm
The blue sponge can be purchased at http://prott.cc/. Personally, my one is untuned, because I have heard people say that you're feeling for the ball could get messed up if you play with it throughout it's whole 'tuned' state, because it will slowly degrade. The tuned NEO HAS to be purchased as the National Version, while the Provincial is untuned and is a bit cheaper. I might post some pics of my NEO's too, if High_Arc doesn't mind... This could be an official thread for Blue Sponge Hurricanes! 

Looking forward to your review, High_Arc!
Butterfly Viscaria FL

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glanden.zheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2010 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by glanden.zheng glanden.zheng wrote:

Looking forward to your review, High_Arc!

sorry for the double post!
Butterfly Viscaria FL

High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2010 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by glanden.zheng glanden.zheng wrote:

I might post some pics of my NEO's too, if High_Arc doesn't mind... This could be an official thread for Blue Sponge Hurricanes! 

Go ahead! I'm always happy to see pictures Smile! And please feel free to add your detailed impressions of the rubber if possible, in particular in comparison with the 'regular' H3 Neo. I'm very interested in the opinions of other people who have tried this rubber. Let's make it an official thread for blue sponge hurricanes in that sense!

By the way, my video is still uploading on youtube... It's probably boring to watch anyway, so no big deal...
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2010 at 7:18pm

Is this rubber  NEO provincial hurricane3 blue sponge  ? 

AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 12:36am
Will post mine here too.. this neo h3 blue sponge took to more then 10hours before I feel i can handle it. now the topsheet is softer and sponge is able to 'hit through'. better feeling then the orange sponge..
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 6:27am
video on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfR6Nx2mYlM

perhaps a bit boring and meaningless...

I played again with the rubber today in the morning. It is really notably softer and more dynamic than the regular version, although it has the same hardness label. I think the blue sponge works quite a bit better a few steps away from the table than the orange sponge. The blue sponge feels quite a bit different compared to the orange sponge. I tend to say that it has a 'better feel' in the sense that you get a stronger feedback. However, it lacks that extremely sharp and precise feeling of the regular H3 Neo. I think that there is more spin on power loops but at least by now my serves seem to get less spin from the rubber.

So , I'll be leaving for the first league match in a bit more than two hours. I'm getting quite nervous, we will be fighting against relegation this season, and I'm the one who is supposed to win the matches, but I'm afraid I won't win enough...
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glanden.zheng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 6:50am
okay.... some blue sponges on TBS coming soon!!!

Edited by glanden.zheng - 09/04/2010 at 6:54am
Butterfly Viscaria FL

van_doorn View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van_doorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 7:59am
I will post pics of mine h3 neo blue sponge on a acoustic also. I got the provincial untuned version and i absolutely love it! Best rubber i ever played with!!
Butterfly Harimoto sZLC
Butterfly Tenergy 05
Xiom Vega Japan

MyFeedbackSection
hurrayhurray View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurrayhurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 8:09am
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

Is this rubber  NEO provincial hurricane3 blue sponge  ? 

I think  mostly is  Provincial, because NEO national never has 2.2MM, otherwise it is WHITE PACK  national rubber for speed glue

Edited by hurrayhurray - 09/04/2010 at 8:19am
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 8:30am
Here some more pics. Judge yourself.

Edited by High_Arc - 09/04/2010 at 8:31am
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurrayhurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 8:38am

no covers? just the rubber?  that is MA LONG national H3 untuned version

Edited by hurrayhurray - 09/04/2010 at 8:42am
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 8:42am
Originally posted by hurrayhurray hurrayhurray wrote:

no covers? just the rubber? that is MA LONG national H3, Nice

yes, no covers. (by the way, that's also what ttrubberman sells as National version of the H3 blue sponge. though this may not necessarily mean something.)
kind of funny if it is the Ma Long version, since to the best of my knowledge he uses the orange sponge.
However, great rubber anyway!

Edited by High_Arc - 09/04/2010 at 8:44am
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurrayhurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 8:45am
Originally posted by High_Arc High_Arc wrote:

yes, no covers. (by the way, that's also what ttrubberman sells as National version of the H3 blue sponge. though this may not necessarily mean something.)
kind of funny if it is the Ma Long version, since to the best of my knowledge he uses the orange sponge.

do u boost?
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 8:50am

do u boost?

hmm, what am I supposed to answer? usually no, but yes I boost the hurricanes (both the orange sponges and blue sponges) Embarrassed
High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 8:52am
@hurrayhurray, since you seem to know, which rubber is this?

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurrayhurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 8:54am
yes, that is really FUNNY  about that your BLUE NATIONAL H3 has Ma Long's signature in printed as all people know Ma Long is Using Orange and Old H3 top sheet.

and yes, better boost with H3 Rubber
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurrayhurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 8:55am

@hurrayhurray, since you seem to know, which rubber is this?

MA LONG Blue National H3  LOL
And it is untuned rubber. Normally, Tuned H3 will start with P , eg . P0902011215

Edited by hurrayhurray - 09/04/2010 at 9:04am
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurrayhurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 9:00am

Ma Long's Name in chinese
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 9:03am
High_Arc   The version of H3 you have is Pre-Neo.  It is one of the 2008 National versions designed for tuning.

High_Arc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High_Arc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 9:10am
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

High_Arc   The version of H3 you have is Pre-Neo.  It is one of the 2008 National versions designed for tuning.

Thanks for the info! I assume if anybody knows which rubber I have than it's you.

So a related question, since I have not used DHS rubbers till very recently and don't know very much about them:

Since when / which rubbers do have the 'new' topsheet? I thought that somehow both topsheet and sponge can make it a 'Neo' rubber. Obviously I'm mistaken. Do regular H3 (non-Neo) also have the new topsheet?

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurrayhurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 10:00am
nicefrog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2010 at 1:54pm
It's not a 2008 rubber, the topsheets with the ITTF number are mid? 2009 and newer, it's clearly stamped 2010 anyway. From the first pictures you can easily see it's the soft topsheet, which is not made from the same stuff as the Neos/Commercials. If you were to assume both are legit DHS product's then the soft sheets with the pimples showing through the top are the provincials and nationals. Those that don't show through are the commercials. They are two distinctive different rubber formulas (but all the sponges are the same ie. blue commercial is the same as all the other blue sponge) just the top sheets are different

Edited by nicefrog - 09/04/2010 at 1:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic