Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stiga Magna TC Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stiga Magna TC Review
    Posted: 09/04/2010 at 11:15am
I replaced my xiom vega elite with this rubber since i wanna go back to the vega europe but then there was no vega europe in stock.. got the red max on my bh and it was a quality rubber. topsheet is the classic magna and the sponge is a boost sponge of a boost tc but with a different color..
The rubber is soft but the xiom vega and elite are softer. the magna tc is light in weight and is lighter than the vega europe. 
played with it on my fh and bh tonight and my initial impressions are that its fast and bouncy.. the spin is good since the topsheet is a grippy magna but at the same time not reactive on any incoming spins.. good for looping and the angle is medium. the sound is good enough but not as loud as that of the vega europe or elite.. its a good blocking rubber either active or passive blocking. its strength is on looping  underspin easily coupled with control and a heavy spin.. im using it as a bh rubber since im sued tothe neo skyline 3.. my serves are spinny with the magna tc and the pushes can also produce low hard underspins
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

judelam168 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judelam168 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2010 at 9:56pm
I have been playing with this rubber for over two weeks on Donic Persson Powerplay Senso v1 blade.  I really like it other than the fact that the top sheet is starting to fall apart.  It starts showing many imprints.  Overall, I think that the rubber is very fragile.  Even the sponge can break off easily.  However, on the other hand, when it comes to playing characteristics, I have the following rating;

Topsheet - Traditional European style grippy top sheet.
Throw - Medium to low throw.  It throws lower than Tenergy 05 for sure.
Speed - Reasonable speed similar to Tibhar Genius, perhaps a bit faster.
Sound - It is quite loud.  It sounds loud enough for my club members to notice that I am playing with a new rubber.
Sponge softness - It is quite soft.  I play Nimbus VIP on my backhand and Magna TC is much softer than that for sure.
Service - Generate reasonable spin.  But nothing like H3 type spin.
Short game - It does quite well on short game especially if you like those short pushes with forehand.
Off the table - It hits well and it does drive the ball back to the other side quite easily with a loud sound!
Blocking - It blocks quite easily as well due to its softer sponge.

Overall, I like playing with this rubber.  But its durability is very questionable.  I have my Nimbus VIP and Magna TC glue up at the same time.  My Nimbus VIP topsheet does not show any thing.  but the Magna TC is showing all kinds of worn out signs.

I order another sheet and would like to test the durability again.

Perhaps someone on this forum can comment on its durability.
Xriz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xriz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2010 at 12:18am
yogi how bout the clibra lt sound?? have treid that 1?? coz im planning to get those for my fh on a tbs...t05 being my fh, currently im using acuda s1 but decided to chnge it into something more durable...
A.T.M
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2010 at 10:54am
Xriz

Calibra LT Sound and Calibra LT are both much faster than acuda SI, and they are faster, lower throw and less spinny than T05.  Of the two, Calibra LT comes closer to Tenergy, but it is more like T64 than T05.  It is not as spinny as either, but it still plays pretty well and is a lot cheaper.  These are the best non-tenergy rubbers I have tried.
Xriz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xriz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2010 at 12:20pm
tnx baal, i was wondering if u could also help me...besides the calibra sound, i was also thinking of getting hexer power sponge, t05 fx xplode and nianmor for bh, do u hav any suggestions?? btw im also into a much louder sound rubber???
A.T.M
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2010 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Xriz Xriz wrote:

tnx baal, i was wondering if u could also help me...besides the calibra sound, i was also thinking of getting hexer power sponge, t05 fx xplode and nianmor for bh, do u hav any suggestions?? btw im also into a much louder sound rubber???

Sorry, have never tried any of those.  Also, I play with short pips on my BH so would not be much of a guide even if I had.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2010 at 9:50pm
the durability of the magna tc seems ok to me. 1 week of usage and i do multiball drills with it though only on the backhand, it seems durable
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Xriz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xriz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2010 at 2:38am
yogi....hav u ever playd @ loppta b4?? 
A.T.M
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2010 at 12:02am
the calibra lt sound is the loudest of all of these rubbers and prob the fastest
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic