FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review: Galaxy Mars Refresh

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 2:36am
Mine is 44 grams, cut to avalox/regular size... Pretty light..Smile
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 1:06pm
Just played an entire session with Mars II 39 (cut to the regular SH Btfy sized blade weighed about 50 g - mid-heavy I would say, certainly heavier than most of my rubber, but not by much. Palio Blitz is about 46 g, my PME 47.5 about 43-44, and if I cut it to the slightly smaller size of my BBC Ultima then I get about 48 g).

It doesn't feel like 39 degs - more like 37 so it was certainly more controllable and softer in blocks and hits than PME 47.5. A bit spinnier too. I liked it more than Moon Pro - it feels closer to Euro-Japanese rubbers but with nice spin and control.

But I feel I should try a slightly harder version - namely 41 which hopefully will feel and play like 39 DHS scale. I guess I will contact Jason (ttxonline) and see if they could send me one for review.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2011 at 1:14pm
i'm completely confused with galaxy. i was never good at planetory systems... 

and the way they kept launching the planets with little difference and then planet IIs......mars mercury neptune venus and all... i don't know which ones i tried and which i didn't. Wacko

it seems every batch they produce... they decide a new batch number and a new name. Disapprove

yeah thats a good sales technique to us gullible EJs... but i'm fed up.. and i have started to dislike galaxy... may be i will move to a different 'super cluster'. 
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2011 at 11:35pm
Anyways, I like Mars II a lot, but I'd rather get a 41 and then write a proper review. Probably will have to actually buy it at ttxonline.com (they didn't answer yet to my request for a "review-donation" Smile) - they sell it cheaper at some Chinese webstores but there you usually cannot choose hardness and thickness.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic