Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review: BTY Innerforce ZLF ST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2010 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

LM: I'll take the IF ZLC ST off your hands.Wink

Sorry I sold that after 1 day. I liked how it played but the handle was too small/short and the wings were too wide. I am disgusted by BTY's SI handles, and I too was reminded of those handles when I used the IF ZLC.

At the same time I didn't mind the handle of the IF AL. (The blade size is smaller than IF ZLC/ZLF, so the wings are not so wide, and it has better balance towards the handle.)

btw, I have an IF ALC ST on its way from Japan to test. Big smile

Sponsored Links

tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2010 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Have any of you tried the TB ZLF and/or the IF AL? If so how does the IF ZLF compare to those blades?

To me, the TB ZLF and IF AL have too much dwell and its hard to hit a smash, or get off a fast counter loop off the bounce. ("Get off my paddle, stupid ball!") You almost need carbon in the mixture just to balance out the extreme dwell of pure ZLF or Arylate, or you need to make the blade extra thick like the Photino.

Given the thickness of the IF ZLF, I am skeptical that it also has too much dwell time for my style. And I am really hesitant about buying/trying it because I hated the IF ZLC ST handle.

BTW, MJ has been my favorite blade for about 14 months now.

If you hate IF ZLF ST handle, you would not like IF ZLF handle either. Both handle are small comparing with TB models.
IF ZLF have a harder feel than TB ZLF. It would better for counter attack off the bounce, but do not have good flex for loop drive.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2010 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

btw, I have an IF ALC ST on its way from Japan to test. Big smile

I had the IF ALC FL, I think the ST be too hard, too fast just like the TB ALC.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Best99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Best99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 11:03am
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

Blade Size: Slightly bigger (shoulders) than TB ZLC/ZLF/ALC. So your rubbers won't fit on it.

Another marketing strategy?
Blade: Timo Boll ALC 92 g.
Forehand: Tenergy 05 2.1 mm. (black)
Backhand: Tenergy 05 2.1 mm. (red).
Perfect loops
lenwink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lenwink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2010 at 2:11pm
I've been using the Innerforce ZLF (FL) for about 8 months now. I love it. I have no problem smashing as my students & others will agree. My loopdrives are stronger than ever and my blocks are steady. It surely has the feel of more dwell time than previous blades. I love it's feel, control, & speed.
Aloha, Len
Table Tennis & More
Pepa77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepa77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2011 at 7:44am
Hi Tsanyc,

saw from your INF ZLF review that you have been using Andro kinetic off- hinoki/zylon. I am deciding between IF ZLF and andro hinoki/zylon. Can you pls compare these two in terms of speed/control/arc /feel/shor game/service/mid distance game etc. My current combo is Petr Korbel and T05fh, T64bh. Thanks.
Petr Korbel
Tenergy 05 2,1
Tenergy 64 1,9
Pepa77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepa77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2011 at 9:03am
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

Anyway, here I am writing the review again. This time I am going to save every 2 secs.Confused

In the past, I've tried TB ZLC/Alm/MJ because I wanted to find out what "Dwell" really is.. and this big hype about the ZL layers can help the blade to "HOLD THE BALL A LITTLE LONGER....."
That was some truely marketing BS imo.  I've completely lost interests in anything ZL... oh, I even tried Andro Hinoki/Zylon, same crap!  All the above mentioned names have 1 thing in common.. "STIFF" and no "dwell" time what-so-ever. I might as well go and play with Schlager Carbon.  Why spending extra $$ on some ZL marketing BS?

So sorry to be so overly "Blunt".  But I just had to vent....

Ok, thanks to a friend on this forum, I was able to get this baby for a good deal.. Long story. So, I didn't set my hope way high like last few times. I just wanted to try it to see if the "INNERFORCE" is any good.  After a few hits, loops, Oh My Goodness!!! I truely felt what "Dwell" time is like for the 1st time in my life....

I think the BTY folks really have done their homework this time!!!ClapClap 2 thumbs up for Innerforce ZLF!!  By putting the 2 ZLF layers next to the core, it really helps the blade to "HOLD THE BALL A LITTLE LONGER".  I felt that my loops had heavier spins than before, my flat hits were more controlled.  Even my back hand loop was perfect.. I am confused now.  Not sure if I am still that same personEmbarrassed

Long story short, I feel that the ball really sinks into the wood and then the blade kind of spits out a great amount of spins. Can I say "WOW"?? IMHO, INNERFOR ZL is the 1st batch of  excellent Zylon Blades on the market today!

Blade Size: Slightly bigger (shoulders) than TB ZLC/ZLF/ALC. So your rubbers won't fit on it.

Thickness:  only a little thicker than my TB ALC, maybe by 1mm.

Speed:      I think it is tad faster than TB ALC.

Weight:     It is about 4~6 g lighter than TBS/TB ALC.

Feel:    MED

Handle:  It feels like SI more than ST, roundish as BTY Alm SI.  Really comfortable!

Price: $142 at Presports.com, $178 elsewhere.  You guys better by hurry!Wink

Good Job BUTTERFLY and the crew!!

Tsanyc

Hi Tsanyc,
saw from your INF ZLF review that you have been using Andro kinetic off- hinoki/zylon. I am deciding between IF ZLF and andro hinoki/zylon. Can you pls compare these two in terms of speed/control/arc /feel/shor game/service/mid distance game etc. My current combo is Petr Korbel and T05fh, T64bh. Thanks.
Petr Korbel
Tenergy 05 2,1
Tenergy 64 1,9
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2014 at 12:30pm
Innerforce ZLF ST weight 77 g.
Is it way too light?
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2014 at 4:29pm
@Tsanyc - Can you share what rubbers you are using with your Inn ZLF please...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
atomant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atomant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2014 at 7:57pm
Nice blade. Had 4 of them (cpen) but all felt different. Converted to SH and using Inn ZLC before switching to SZLC.
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 6:38am

Is Innerforce ZLF suitable for long pips (TSP Curl P1R 0,5mm)  for chopping?

sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2014 at 10:14am
I have almost new, used for few days innerforce zlf straight handle, if anyone has interest, you could send me private email. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic