FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Palio FLYING DRAGON short-pips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2011 at 2:17am
Originally posted by stefashka stefashka wrote:

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

need cliking to get feedback about the spin, so hexer pips+ would be the replacement for 802??  let me get this straight..   vertical is hexer+ and hexer is horizontal??  have you tried the regular version?

Hmmm. Confused  How's click gives feedback about spin? Click is louder the flatter your hit is and the higher the speed is. Don't quite get it. Anyway, as a penholder, I'm supposed to feel it all with my finger tips, I don't care about sound too much - maybe just enjoying the quiet buzzing sound when the ball gets loaded with spin on RPB loops Smile

Yes, I see Hexer Pips as a speedy replacement of 802 (not 802-40 with its speedy substitute Haifu Dolphin). Flying Dragon is somewhere in between HP and 802.

Hexer Pips (+) have logo on two adjacent sides of a sheet so you can put it with either alignment. Here's a picture from Andro site, so you have an idea:

yes its mental issue...and what is the difference between HP,HP+   what is best for a cpen that used to play with 802?
Sponsored Links

dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2011 at 2:21am

need cliking to get feedback about the spin, so hexer pips+ would be the replacement for 802??  let me get this straight..   vertical is hexer+ and hexer is horizontal??  have you tried the regular version?

Hmmm. Confused  How's click gives feedback about spin? Click is louder the flatter your hit is and the higher the speed is. Don't quite get it. Anyway, as a penholder, I'm supposed to feel it all with my finger tips, I don't care about sound too much - maybe just enjoying the quiet buzzing sound when the ball gets loaded with spin on RPB loops Smile

Yes, I see Hexer Pips as a speedy replacement of 802 (not 802-40 with its speedy substitute Haifu Dolphin). Flying Dragon is somewhere in between HP and 802.

Hexer Pips (+) have logo on two adjacent sides of a sheet so you can put it with either alignment. Here's a picture from Andro site, so you have an idea:

Can you compare FD vs Spectol/Spectol PS 21/Tyranno, maybe?

Thanks!
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2011 at 2:44am
Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

I didn't try Spectol/Tyranno yet. I got an OX sheet of the old Spinpips and put it on an Avalox 1.8mm sponge of medium hardness - not a usual combination, I know, but I like it. FD 2.0mm comes pretty close to it, just a bit faster and a bit less spinnier.

So, my guess (it's only a guess!) is FD should be somewhere in between Spectol and Super Spinpips with speed maybe somehow close to Tyranno.
Darker 7P-2A CP - Dignics 09c, TSP Curl P3α
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2011 at 7:46pm

I didn't try Spectol/Tyranno yet. I got an OX sheet of the old Spinpips and put it on an Avalox 1.8mm sponge of medium hardness - not a usual combination, I know, but I like it. FD 2.0mm comes pretty close to it, just a bit faster and a bit less spinnier.

So, my guess (it's only a guess!) is FD should be somewhere in between Spectol and Super Spinpips with speed maybe somehow close to Tyranno.

how would you rate HP+ in numbers(speed,control,spin) compared to FD?
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2011 at 11:18pm

Thank you, will find out in 1 - 2 weeks Smile
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2011 at 3:24am

Well, I don't like numbers, but here we go (out of 10):

HP+  - Hexer Pis+ with vertical alignment
FD    -  Flying Dragon
DL - Haifu Dolphin factory tuned

Speed: DL - 10,   HP+ - 9.5,  FD - 8
Spin:    DL - 8,     HP+  - 7,  FD - 7   
Control: FD - 8.5, HP+ - 8, DL - 7

It would be nice to see someone else's ratings of this rubbers because many things depend on the way rubbers are used
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2011 at 4:36am

Well, I don't like numbers, but here we go (out of 10):

HP+  - Hexer Pis+ with vertical alignment
FD    -  Flying Dragon
DL - Haifu Dolphin factory tuned

Speed: DL - 10,   HP+ - 9.5,  FD - 8
Spin:    DL - 8,     HP+  - 7,  FD - 7   
Control: FD - 8.5, HP+ - 8, DL - 7

It would be nice to see someone else's ratings of this rubbers because many things depend on the way rubbers are used

nice review thankyou   , how s that blade sword?? 7 ply?
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2011 at 5:50am

how s that blade sword?? 7 ply?

Yeah, it's 7-ply, so it is stiff and has solid feel. At the same time, it's light and not too fast - exactly what I need now, as I finally found. Precision of my shots jumped several levels higher, with a little trade off to speed. I don't miss the speed - I can generate it by myself when needed.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2011 at 12:08pm

how s that blade sword?? 7 ply?

Yeah, it's 7-ply, so it is stiff and has solid feel. At the same time, it's light and not too fast - exactly what I need now, as I finally found. Precision of my shots jumped several levels higher, with a little trade off to speed. I don't miss the speed - I can generate it by myself when needed.

How fast and light?? and is it faster than clipper? where did you get that blade?
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2011 at 3:08pm

How fast and light?? and is it faster than clipper? where did you get that blade?

"It's not too fast" supposed to mean that it's slower than Clipper. It's significantly slower than DHS PG7, so it's about OFF- or ALL+ which is OK for me - I still can easily blast balls past opponents, but with this blade I don't worry about missing the table.Evil Smile

My blade weighs definitely below 80g, but I don't have scale, sorry.

I got it from TTNPP - they have only two Sword models. Eacheng has it under the name "Strange King" which is a bit strange translation, as far as I understand.

Edited by stefashka - 11/23/2011 at 3:09pm
vvt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2011 at 3:54pm
Stefashka,could you please post a closer picture of the Hexer`s pips?Beer
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2011 at 12:55am

"It's not too fast" supposed to mean that it's slower than Clipper. It's significantly slower than DHS PG7, so it's about OFF- or ALL+ which is OK for me - I still can easily blast balls past opponents, but with this blade I don't worry about missing the table.Evil Smile

My blade weighs definitely below 80g, but I don't have scale, sorry.

I got it from TTNPP - they have only two Sword models. Eacheng has it under the name "Strange King" which is a bit strange translation, as far as I understand.

how come do you decided to play with HP+ and not HP?  do you know the difference between HP,HP+?
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2011 at 3:59am
Originally posted by vvt vvt wrote:

Since this topic is about Flying Dragon, I posted photos in a new topic in the Pictures section:

stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2011 at 4:01am

how come do you decided to play with HP+ and not HP?  do you know the difference between HP,HP+?

I was just scratching my EJ bug bite. Wink
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2011 at 4:33am

Originally posted by vvt vvt wrote:

Since this topic is about Flying Dragon, I posted photos in a new topic in the Pictures section:

have you tried rakza po or is there any other pips are you plannin to try?
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2011 at 5:13am

No, I didn't try Rakza PO yet, but I would like to try it. Maybe in a couple of months - I'm not in rush now because I still have to learn a lot about SP penhold and I feel I got the right pips on the right blade for that now. Just like I feel my son is doing good with his Flying Dragon on Bty Primo Vitesse...

The pips I'm planning to try next year are:

DHS# 652
Bomb Hammer
Palio Power Dragon
Bty Flarestorm and Flarestorm 2
Tsp Spectol 
Tsp Super Spinpips
Rakza 7 PO
Armstrong Attack 8 M
Haifu Penguin

Oh Shocked, I didn't know it's such a long list and I think it's not complete. Now, back to work as I'm not a sponsored player... LOL
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2011 at 12:34am

No, I didn't try Rakza PO yet, but I would like to try it. Maybe in a couple of months - I'm not in rush now because I still have to learn a lot about SP penhold and I feel I got the right pips on the right blade for that now. Just like I feel my son is doing good with his Flying Dragon on Bty Primo Vitesse...

DHS# 652
Bomb Hammer
Palio Power Dragon
Tsp Spectol 
Tsp Super Spinpips
Rakza 7 PO
Armstrong Attack 8 M
Haifu Penguin

Oh Shocked, I didn't know it's such a long list and I think it's not complete. Now, back to work as I'm not a sponsored player... LOL

MORISTO SP is missing in your list
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2011 at 2:37am

DHS# 652
Bomb Hammer
Palio Power Dragon
Tsp Spectol 
Tsp Super Spinpips
Rakza 7 PO
Armstrong Attack 8 M
Haifu Penguin

[Shameless plug] FYI, if you need to try Penguin and Bomb Hammer, please let me know LOL

Edited by dual700 - 11/25/2011 at 2:38am
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2011 at 12:54am
Got my FD today. Opened the package, it's no where near spectol, so I am putting it for sale.
Red, 2.0 mm, 36-38 degree, package opened but uncut. $14 shipped to USA

Let me know if anyone wants it..
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2011 at 2:06am

Got my FD today. Opened the package, it's no where near spectol, so I am putting it for sale.
Red, 2.0 mm, 36-38 degree, package opened but uncut. $14 shipped to USA

Let me know if anyone wants it..

Could you please describe the differences between FD and Spectol? 
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2011 at 2:21am
Spectol's pips are smaller, further apart, WAY softer and less grip.
FD's pips are shinny looking, grippy, HARD, close aligned. FD reminds me of harder version of Raystorm.
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2011 at 2:29am

FD's pips are shinny looking, grippy, HARD, close aligned. FD reminds me of harder version of Raystorm.

Thanks, I see. So, Hexer Pips(+) should be very close to Spectol then. 

FD pips are harder than Japanese/Euro pips, but not as hard as Chinese pips like 802(-40), Dolphin, 889-2 or 119. So, Palio must be using some different rubber formulation...
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2011 at 10:41am

Thanks, I see. So, Hexer Pips(+) should be very close to Spectol then. 

FD pips are harder than Japanese/Euro pips, but not as hard as Chinese pips like 802(-40), Dolphin, 889-2 or 119. So, Palio must be using some different rubber formulation...

i tried some shots with FD and it feels great than many40$+ tensor pips, i wonder how it feels power dragon
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2011 at 3:01pm

i tried some shots with FD and it feels great than many40$+ tensor pips, i wonder how it feels power dragon

Yeah, Palio continues to surprise people with excellent performance products at very reasonable price level. 

I guess Power Dragon is FD turn at 90 degrees because pips are aligned horisontally and it's advertised as control and spin oriented SP rubber.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2011 at 3:46pm

Yeah, Palio continues to surprise people with excellent performance products at very reasonable price level. 

I guess Power Dragon is FD turn at 90 degrees because pips are aligned horisontally and it's advertised as control and spin oriented SP rubber.

actually i feel FD has great control and decent spìn
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2011 at 4:12pm

I can confirm it, but 802-40 is still spinnier, so there is always room for improvement Smile

Anyway, FD is really a great SP rubber, especially for its price. It lives on my son's paddle from the start of September without noticeable change in performance, being used about 14 hours per week.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2011 at 6:52pm

I can confirm it, but 802-40 is still spinnier, so there is always room for improvement Smile

Anyway, FD is really a great SP rubber, especially for its price. It lives on my son's paddle from the start of September without noticeable change in performance, being used about 14 hours per week.

How FD compares to 802 or 889-2??
stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 1:58am
Originally posted by bbkonHow FD compares to 802 or 889-2??[/QUOTE bbkonHow FD compares to 802 or 889-2??[/QUOTE wrote:

I have a

I have all three with different sponge thicknesses, so these are only estimates:

Speed:   FD>802>889-2

Spin: 889-2>FD>802

Control:  FD>802=889-2

Feel: FD provides much better feel than 802 and 889-2.

All in all, I like FD better than these two really good rubbers.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 2:49am

Originally posted by bbkonHow FD compares to 802 or 889-2??</td></tr></table>
<div><br></div><div><br></div><div>I have all three with different sponge thicknesses, so these are only estimates:</div><div><br></div><div>Speed:   FD>802>889-2</div><div><br></div><div>Spin: 889-2>FD>802</div><div><br></div><div>Control:  FD>802=889-2</div><div><br></div><div>Feel: FD provides much better feel than 802 and 889-2.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>All in all, I like FD better than these two really good rubbers.</div>[/QUOTE bbkonHow FD compares to 802 or 889-2??

I have all three with different sponge thicknesses, so these are only estimates:

Speed:   FD>802>889-2

Spin: 889-2>FD>802

Control:  FD>802=889-2

Feel: FD provides much better feel than 802 and 889-2.

All in all, I like FD better than these two really good rubbers.
[/QUOTE wrote:

it seems that FD is the short pips holygrail!!

stefashka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefashka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2011 at 5:01am

Well, FD is the second to Hexer Pips for me. Smile  But, as I said before - I didn't try modern TSP and Butterfly pips yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic