Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ten Most Underrated Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ten Most Underrated Blades
    Posted: 11/28/2010 at 4:38pm
What in your opinion are the ten most underrated table tennis blades.
Sponsored Links

bowebj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowebj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 4:42pm
BTY TIMO BOLL SPIRIT
crimsondiablos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crimsondiablos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 4:53pm
Nittaku Septear
pinger123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinger123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 4:57pm
Primorac OFF-
Vladovich View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by pinger123 pinger123 wrote:

Primorac OFF-

Primorac OFF-?? Everyone on this forum talks about it, every time someone needs advice for a good blade.
Tibhar Defense Plus

FH: Joola Phenix

BH: Dr. Neubauer Bison 1.5mm

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be…unnatural."
cntcasey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cntcasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:07pm
Timo boll spirit! 
Timo Boll Spirit in hibernation!
Andrzej Grubba until i reach 1800
FH Coppa Tagora
BH Copa Tagora
Back up rubbers Bryce and focus 3 snipe

bowebj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowebj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:22pm
i was kidding about the tbs... that is probably the most overrated blade. it is good tho
Pioneer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pioneer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:25pm
All BTY products LOL
Blade: Timo Boll ZLF ST
My Feedback

pinger123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinger123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Vladovich Vladovich wrote:

Originally posted by pinger123 pinger123 wrote:

Primorac OFF-

Primorac OFF-?? Everyone on this forum talks about it, every time someone needs advice for a good blade.

Yes but people all ways talk about it as a beginners blade I think high level players can also play with this blade
Leatherback View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leatherback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:44pm
the majority of the darker blades.....

kokutaku and tulpe and palio

everyblade i tried from those three companies are incredible....especially the Tulpe 7007 hinoki
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
Forehand: H3N Prov.41
Backhand: TSP Spectol 1.5
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by bowebj bowebj wrote:

BTY TIMO BOLL SPIRIT
Isnt this a highly rated blade, used by high profile players and widely used around the World . So wouldn't you rate itas highly rated and not underratted?
 opps I just saw your other post lol, Smilemind you someone else said it was underrated

Edited by smackman - 11/28/2010 at 5:48pm
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
cntcasey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cntcasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:53pm
I think that Timo Boll spirit is a great blade! Maybe not for a true beginner, but for everyone else! 
FH Coppa Tagora
BH Copa Tagora

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 5:56pm
Dawei Wavestone, a great offensive blade that would be a lot more popular if it was branded BTY and had a price tag 3 times as high as it is with the Dawei brand on it.

Galaxt T-8, almost as good as the Wavestone.

Yasaka Balsa+, great feeling in this blade, a little to slow for my likings, but still a very good blade.

Don't know of any other underrated blades, but I'm sure there are plenty of them.
The holy grail
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 6:47pm
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon

This is my favorite non-BTY composite blade. Everyone talks about the YEO, but the Ma Lin Carbon flies under the radar and I think its much better. Flexible, lots of feeling, soft limba outers, but it has the backbone when you want to hit a serious shot! And its very affordable.

729 Bomb

I don't like it, but I know 2-3 people who love it. Cheap, fast, and has some interesting (strange) softness from the balsa/cork plies.

Nittaku Fillmea

I hate the handle, but the blade plays fantastic. Its got the "Innerforce" technology with 2 layers of wood above the composite layers. Very good softness and flexibility and I love how the G-Carbon sounds and plays. As popular as some of the other Nittaku blades are, I surprised no one talks about this blade.

Darker blades

The handles are a little bit funny, but I think some of the Darker blades beat out many blades from some of the more well-known companies.

That's all I can think of right now.

Edited by LOOPMEISTER - 11/28/2010 at 6:50pm
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:03pm

I have played the Nittaku Fillmea and I must say I agree with you (grossly underrated )

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:06pm

speedplay pm me with a precis review on the waverstone at your convenience, thanks

shakepender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakepender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:28pm
I think the ymlc is a very good blade too.

Loopmeister (or anyone else)... do you know what the Darker 7P2A is like compared to the Nittaku Septear? Thanks.

Viscaria : Omg IV Pro / Omg IV Euro

cntcasey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cntcasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:35pm
I don't think you can get much better for an intermediate player then Timo Boll Spirit with a slow rubber like Scriver, Mark 5, etc? When you want to move up to a faster blade just change your rubber and keep the blade.  
FH Coppa Tagora
BH Copa Tagora

cougar3219 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cougar3219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:42pm
Joola Sting
Blade: Timo Boll Spirit (st)

FH Rubber: Donic Baracuda

BH Rubber: Donic Baracuda Big Slam

Blade: Stratus Power Wood (an)

FH Rubber: Donic Baracuda

BH Rubber: Donic Baracuda
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

Yasaka Balsa+, great feeling in this blade, a little to slow for my likings, but still a very good blade. 

Hi Speedplay, can you please comment on the hardness/stiffness of the Yasaka Balsa+?
The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

speedplay pm me with a precis review on the waverstone at your convenience, thanks

I'll even do more then that, I'll give you a link to a review comparing the Wavestone with the T-8.

http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5904

In short, it's fast and stiff, but due to soft outer layers, it still provides a good feeling and is pretty easy to handle in the short game.
The holy grail
mmerkel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmerkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 7:48pm
Timo Boll Off-
#1 RL Balance -Bluefire M2 -Acuda S2
#2 RL Avalanche#2 -Bluefire M2 -Sigma Europe
#3 Primorac -Boost TP -Magna TC
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 8:43pm
Timo Boll Spark
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Timo Boll Spark
Really? Why so?
For me, it would be the 1982 Stiga AR 5 ply wood. It seems that I'm the only person who can't stop "bragging" abt it & NOBODY seems to grasp @ how good it was/still is. I would say it was the benchmark of all 5 ply ALL/ALL+ woods.
A decent condition 1, if still can be found, is imho as good as my main blade.

Edited by tiehwen - 11/28/2010 at 9:28pm
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 9:24pm
TB Spark reminds me of Peter Korbel but a little better in all areas.  
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

TB Spark reminds me of Peter Korbel but a little better in all areas.  
really..so, can I "borrow" it in the future? Big smile 
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 10:02pm
I'd have to agree on the TB Spark. I watched a beginning intermediate player switch from a Viscaria, and it was immediate improvement. His topspins got 3x more consistent, his pushes were safer, his blocks were on table.

If a number of the US1300-1500 TBS using crowd "downgraded" to this blade they would pick up 100 points easy...
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
cntcasey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cntcasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 10:04pm
Do they even make the Timo Boll Spark anymore?
FH Coppa Tagora
BH Copa Tagora

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 10:09pm
TB Spark is an excellent blade to play, especially for loopers.  However, it is too flexible for smashing.  IT IS DISCONTINUED now, but it is replaced by BTY Bazelart, which has the same construction as TB Spark.

The ST is comfy, but FL is a bit too slim for me.  I did not buy TB Spark at that time, but instead chose Bazelart (because the store did not carry TB Spark anymore).  My friend who uses TB Spark agreed that Bazelart was the same blade (performance wise).

It is soft yet flexible.  I believe most people choose Keyshot Light instead of Bazelart or TB Spark, because Keyshot Light is a bit faster and stiffer.

Even though the store had TB Spark, I would probably still choose Bazelart because it has more masculine look.  TB Spark with orange handle just look too "gay" LOL.

Edited by doraemon - 11/28/2010 at 10:15pm
cntcasey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cntcasey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2010 at 10:14pm
I just went to the butterfly website and also the the mega spin web site and there is no evidence of a Bazelart blade? Is this only sold in Asia? 
FH Coppa Tagora
BH Copa Tagora

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic