Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galaxy Moon Rubber Review (2.3, 33 degree)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ckm423 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckm423 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Galaxy Moon Rubber Review (2.3, 33 degree)
    Posted: 12/02/2010 at 12:29pm
I received it from the mail yesterday and will try it out today, check back for review. I will be comparing this rubber with Tenergy 5, max, for forehand.

Appearance: The top sheet looks like a mixture between Tibhar Genius and Tenergy 5, the sponge color is almost identical to Tenergy 5 but the pores are smaller. The 2.3mm sponge looks thicker than Tenergy 5's max sponge, and its 33 degree hardness is just a little bit softer than regular Tenergy 5.

Conclusion: I have to say this is the best looking chinese made rubber I have ever used! it doesn't look anything like the any other chinese rubbers I tried. Quality is excellent.

Serves:
serves are spinny, I would say I can get 80% spin of tenergy, however, 2.3mm sponge is thicker than tenergy's max sponge so adjustment will be needed.

control loop/brush loop: Moon is so much easier to loop and it's more forgiving compare to tenergy, however, if you like third ball attack and power loops are your main weapon, I say the moon 33degree is too soft for that, but if you are a control looper, I say this rubber is very very good for it's performance/price. if you use it for forehand, 37 or 41 degrees are recommended!

Top Spin: Loops are Spinny, I would say it's similar the spin most 4th generation tensor rubbers can generate, however, it is still not as spinny or powerful as the Tenergy, I would say it could generate 75% of Tenergy's spin and power.

Push/ Chop: It's not good for pushing or chopping because the sponge is too thick (2.3) for my taste...but it really depends on your technique...

Conclusion, I would say this rubber is good for $23, it is one of the cheapest and easiest rubber in the market today. Can it be a tenergy replacement? Yes or no, in general for people under USATT 1700, you shouldn't be able to tell a big difference (may be), for people over, Tenergy gives more spin and power :)

Welcome to add your review here..........

Edited by ckm423 - 12/04/2010 at 7:02pm
Yasaka Extra
FH: DHS Neo Skyline 2
BH: Donic Acuda S2 2.0mm
USATT:1876
My Feedback!

Sponsored Links

PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 8:38pm
Where did you get it?
typhoon1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote typhoon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2010 at 11:06pm
I'm looking forward to reading this review.

Could you take pictures of the sponge and the top sheet ?
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2010 at 2:31am
I read it's heavily factory tuned, and you can smell it when you open the package. Some weeks after your review, could you comment on how long the tuning effect lasts?
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2010 at 4:34pm
Excellent rubber, spinny, good loops, almost the same weight as T05, but.....too fragile... one might have to go through half of dozen of these in about a month imho. My last T05 lasted about 8 mons.The closest to T05, but not quite there just yet.  
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2010 at 5:25pm
What part is fragile? Does the topsheet break or crumble?

It would have to be pretty bad to go through half a dozen in a month!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2010 at 11:33pm
Either you play a TON, or you're really over exaggerating.  That means replacing forehand and backhand every 10 days.  They wouldn't sell and the company as a whole would take a big hit.

Edited by hookumsnivy - 12/17/2010 at 9:33am
ludlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ludlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2010 at 1:03am
It really is quite fragile. I've played maybe 15 hours with it, and there are 4 or 5 small sections that have crumbled near the edges. 
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2010 at 8:42am
Does the packaging also say "this rubber has [an] extraordinar[il]y delicate surface", like with Yinhe Sun? that would be already a hint...
Join the Nexy Clan!
ludlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ludlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2010 at 1:04pm
Mine didn't even come with packaging. I don't think that they have started shipping them with the packaging yet.
Klopic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klopic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2010 at 2:27am
How plays 41° version. Hope that it will have more spin and speed than 37°.
Klopic

Avalox Blue Thunder 550

F- Palio Aeolus Max

B- Palio Blit' z, 2,0 mm
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2010 at 4:05pm
Guys,

why don't you pick up a sheet of Moon and try it for 1 day, just 1 day, you'll see for yourself what will this rubber do :) of couse, do lots of heavy loops and smashes... you'll notice the edges will start to fall apart within 3 hrs for no reasons.

way too delicate for me and my wallet.LOLWink

Edited by tsanyc - 12/17/2010 at 4:08pm
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2010 at 4:52pm
  Moon, Sun and Mars V2 have a delicate top sheet but only at the edges.  For some reason you will have some pips break off at the edges only.  I have not had any issues on the actual topsheet splitting, cracking , delaminating or bubbling  just a few cracks on the edges that do not spread  and do not effect playing but it is something they should fix or at least give us some edge tape to hide itApprove  
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
flyingmachine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2010 at 5:10pm
Could someone compare moon to Red Diamond?  seems like these two gets compared to the tenergies a lot.  Just started use RD for my backhand, but finding it a tad too hard, the soft touches needed getting use to.

Edited by flyingmachine - 12/17/2010 at 8:21pm
Ma Lin Soft Carbon: FH: H3 NEO, BH: Red Diamond

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38328&PID=471847#471847
ztec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ztec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2010 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Moon, Sun and Mars V2 have a delicate top sheet but only at the edges.  For some reason you will have some pips break off at the edges only.  I have not had any issues on the actual topsheet splitting, cracking , delaminating or bubbling  just a few cracks on the edges that do not spread  and do not effect playing but it is something they should fix or at least give us some edge tape to hide itApprove  

I actually did end up getting bubbles in the middle of the rubber (Moon 37 deg.) so I had to scrap it, but it was a really nice rubber for the price, hoping they'll up the durability in the next batch.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2010 at 7:14pm
Heard the ones they're selling now are still prototypes, that's why there's no packaging. Also, in China they are not sold by major TT shops, and that may confirm that they are not ready yet.

How fragile is the sponge, e.g. when removing the rubber from a blade to try it on another?

Edited by arg0 - 12/17/2010 at 7:14pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
sadius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2010 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by flyingmachine flyingmachine wrote:

Could someone compare moon to Red Diamond?  seems like these two gets compared to the tenergies a lot.  Just started use RD for my backhand, but finding it a tad too hard, the soft touches needed getting use to.

I played both RD and Moon 2.0mm 41 degree on my BH and Moon is faster, more spin than RD and serve return or block better than RD but slow loop RD better because of it tacky.

Actually I would not suppose to compare on both of them because of RD is tacky and Moon is tension.  RD better off to compare with Hurricane and Moon with T05

I did play Moon for 2 weeks now on the BH hand and about 20hours, rubber still look great, no mark or sign of break off.  Hit, loop drive alot but rubber look brandnew.  Just my 2 cents
silverArc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverArc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2011 at 11:28pm

Disclaimer: I work with www.TTXOnline.com who sells the product reviewed.

I got this from a reviewer TTXONLINE.com gave a sheet of rubber to.  He is a ~2000 rated player in the Chicago, IL area. While we did not compensate this reviewer, he did get the product for free.

Moon Red 2.3 mm, 41 deg review

I received the Moon Red 2.3 mm from TTXonline for review. I have played about four to five 2-3 hour sessions to date, and here’s my impression of the Moon rubber.

The rubber was compared to T05 Red 2.1 mm. However, since I’ve used Vega Pro Max as my main setup most of this year, I’ll add some comparison to that rubber, as well as the Mars2, which I recently reviewed, and continue to experiment. (I’ll write a short update on this rubber on a separate update review for Mars2). The blade used to test the rubbers is Yasaka Maxwood (Older rounder handle ST, not the newer square ST, 7 ply wood, Off+).

First impression: The packaging was not as well done (as advertised by TTXonline) as the Mars 2 rubber, but it was vacuum packaged, along with a nice quality sticky protection sheet for the rubber.

Topsheet/sponge: The red Moon topsheet is brighter in color compared to T05 (Red, 2.1mm), and non-tacky, although it does seem to have some grip. The height of the pips under the topsheet is almost the same height as the T05, and the pips are slightly smaller than the T05.  The sponge density is very close to T05 and when pressed with my fingers, it felt about the same. Not really a scientific way to measure, but I think sufficient enough for my review. When I was cutting the Moon rubber/sponge, I was a bit surprised because it was a lot easier to cut, in comparison to T05, and Mars2 rubbers; it felt as if it was brittle, so there was initial concern regarding the durability. However, after several intensive sessions, the durability is excellent so far.

Speed: Moon felt slower than T05, but faster than Mars2. As a result, it was a lot easier to hit from farther away from the table than Mars 2, but I still felt that T05 had more power from farther away from the table. The throw arc is between T05 and Mars 2, being closer to Mars2. For speed, Moon is about 75% of T05, and very close to Vega Pro Max.

T05> Moon; Vega Pro Max > Mars2

Spin/Serves : Compared to T05 and Vega Pro, Moon is less spinny, but spinnier than Mars2. From the feedback of my opponents, they advised me that my serves were lot more spinny, thus more difficult to return than when I served with Mars2. Thus, better control in serving, compared to T05, and about the same as Vega Pro, and Mars2. In comparing spin, Moon, I would say is about 75-80% of T05, and about 80-90% of Vega Pro Max, depending on how one serves. 

T05 > Vega Pro Max > Moon > Mars2

Serving/control : Mars2  > Vega Pro Max, Moon >T05

Loops: As I stated in my review of Mars2 before, I still think there is no other rubber , currently in the market, that compares to Tenergy in power looping, especially from farther away from the table. However, when I looped with Moon, I was pleased that it had more power than Mars 2, and as much power as Vega Pro, although not as spinny as Vega Pro, nor as powerful as T05. At least for looping, Moon was closer to Vega Pro than Mars2. For double-winged loopers, I would think, the Moon can be used for both FH and BH, due to it being more bouncy (powerful) than Mars2.

T05 > Vega Pro Max, Moon > Mars2

Smash/Flat hitting : In comparison to Mars2, I think Moon is little more difficult to do the smash/flat hitting due to it being more bouncy (powerful); in this, it is closer to T05, which I also had difficulty in hitting smash/flat shots. The dwell time on the Moon and T05 was similar, so this is probably the reason for the difficulty in performing flat shots.

Vega Pro Max (there is slightly more dwell time, and the ball seems to sink in a little bit on the top sheet) > Mars2 > Moon, T05 (Found both of these rubbers had too short of dwell time, for my flat hit smashes.) A lot of my shots were going long.

Blocks: Due to the rubber being more bouncy and less dwell time, in comparison to Mars 2, I found the Moon to be little more difficult to block with. In this sense, very close to T05 in blocking, which I also thought was little to bouncy in blocking. Moon rubber seemed to be little more sensitive to incoming spin, in comparison to the Mars2, and even Vega Pro Max.

Vega Pro Max (eventhough this rubber is just as bouncy as the Moon, the topsheet seems to sink in a little, for better control for blocking) > Mars2 > Moon, T05.

Pushing/Flips:The touch shot with the Moon was more difficult to perform, due to it being more bouncy than Mars2 rubber. And in comparison to Vega Pro Max, it was more difficult; Vega Pro Max topsheet gives in a little bit, and has slightly longer dwell time than the Moon, so easier to do the flips.

For pushing, the Moon rubber was slightly more difficult to do, but not as much adjust was needed, compared to the flip shots.

Vega Pro Max > Mars2 > Moon, T05

Conclusion: The Moon is a very good quality rubber, which seem to have little more power and spin, in comparison to the Mars2, which I recently reviewed. However, in comparison to Vega Pro Max and T05, it is not as spinny as either one, but seems to play with similar power (especially away from the table) as Vega Pro Max, and about 75% of T05 in speed, and in looping. As far as durability, I have played several intense 2-3 hour sessions with the Moon, and so far, it seems as new as the day first day I put on the rubber, so my initial concern regarding durability has been quelled.

With the recent rise in price of the Butterfly products (i.e. Tenergy, Bryce Speed Fx, etc). I think the Moon may be a good substitute for those who want to try a pretty good rubber, although, not quite the T05. At $22.99, it’s slightly more expensive than Mars2, which sells for $16.99 at TTXonline. However, in comparion to Butterfly rubbers, I think it’s definitely a bargain, and worth a try for anyone wanting to experiment a good quality  rubber which plays about 75% to Tenergy. I would recommend this rubber to loopers; for those whose game is more flat hitting, and blocking, I would recommend the Mars2.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2011 at 2:55pm
Weight uncut?
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2011 at 2:59pm
60 g, Moon is much lighter than Sun.

Four or five layers of w/b glue will greatly improve the playing characteristics of Moon max, make it more consistent (predictable) and much more powerful.

Surprisingly, there is also heavy spin in Moon when you learn how to process the ball so that it stays more on the racket.
DrFeelGood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrFeelGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2011 at 8:15am
I've tried 2 versions of Moon max H33 and H39 (as stamped on the sponge & package) and played with them for 2 months (about 96 hours of play). I've also had a short intermezzo with Moon H33 PRO but didn't like it at all and got rid of it quickly. Regular Moon is much better.

regular Moon H33:
---------------------
Untuned it's not as fast as Tenergy and it doesn't have the same amount of spin, but it also doesn't have the glaring weaknesses of Tenergy. Overall Moon is a surprisingly easy to play attack rubber. It doesn't have any real strengths, but it's so good because it has no weaknesses either and is really balanced and easy to play -> less unforced errors -> more wins :)
Strikingly easy to block, counter and smash. Pushing takes some training because of the stronger catapult. Relatively low throw. Good spin with practice. Good for flips.

regular Moon H39:
---------------------
- much faster than H33 and faster than Tenergy in straight shots
- too hard imho feels like a brick
- much higher throw
- much easier pushing because of the hard sponge the catapult effect on low ball speed is much reduced
- looping is fast low arc (Tenergy has much better feel and much more spin and curve on loops)
- much better than Tenergy on straight shots, Moon H39 is faster and less affected by opponent's spin for this kind of balls

overall: H39 is much too hard for my taste. I'll try H36 for fh next. Should be perfect. H33 is nice for my bh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TUNING MOON WITH PURE PARAFINUM LIQUIDUM (sold by a German company as antiallergic baby oil for newborns)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After two months of play I wanted to know how well Moon can be tuned. Pure parafin oil is quite thick and normally takes a while to get into the sponge. Tenergy and Moon sponges soak up the oil very quickly compared to regular rubbers. After letting the rubber get completely dry for 3 days it can be glued on the blade. The dome is quite impressive. I only use 2 layers, otherwise it gets too fast.

After tuning H33 is much closer to Tenergy as far as speed, feeling and sound goes. Tenergy still has an edge in spin of course, but this isn't really relevant as what Moon gives you is more than enough.
As I've only played 1 week with the tuned setup I cannot provide any long term infromation.

Edited by DrFeelGood - 03/15/2011 at 8:18am
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 4:44pm
Can you talk about Moon Pro H33 that you said you tried? Why didn't you like it? How does it play in comparison to regular Moon?
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 9:47pm
I'm curious as to why it didn't work too. I'd also like to hear how it plays tuned as well and how long it lasts. I probably won't tune, but it would be interesting to see what happens.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
DrFeelGood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrFeelGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2011 at 3:32am
I didn't like the pro version because it has a soft tacky topsheet on a medium to soft sponge. On my fh I'm using Giant Dragon Topenergy Soft now which has a much more tacky topsheet, but the topsheet is hard and offers far better control and far better spin. On my bh I've finally decided on Giant Dragon Superspin G3 Soft (red package). My equipment journey is over now. My fh rubber was an easy decision because Topenergy Soft is simply awesome, but on my bh it was a very personal decision. Moon 33H and Superspin G3 Soft both are very good bh rubbers out of the package, but I liked the softer feel of Superspin G3 Soft better and the factory tuning is much stronger so that I don't have to fiddle with tuning any more along with the fact that Moon 33H is difficult to buy (most shops carry 38H-41H).

About Parafinum Liquidum tuning (PL) (= contained in a few baby oils):
Note that this has nothing to do with lamp oil tuning. Lamp oil is very thin liquid and still contains a little VOC. The effect of lamp oil is very strong but also disappears rather quickly (well, the additional spin disappears but the speed stays). PL, however, is a thick oil with zero VOC. Depending on the porousness of the sponge, it can take several hours to several days until the sponge is dry again and can be glued on the blade. The effect of PL is permanent and lasts for the life of the rubber. The dome does not go away. The effect of PL is a large speed increase but only very little spin increase. It does not soften the rubber much either and thus should be applied to soft rubbers that need to get faster. Moon 33H reacts very well to PL and domes very much. The increase in catapult (=speed) after 2 layers was enormous so be careful with the dosis.

PL tuning is the most common Tenergy tuning because it cannot be detected and makes Tenergy really nice and fast.

The durability of Moon is average. The quality seems to be varying though as some people report having bubbles after 5 weeks, but this didn't happen to me.

For me Superspin G3 soft is the best cheap alternatives to Tenergy on the bh with Moon 33H being a close second.
Latest generation Tensor rubbers are even better, but also more expensive.
None of them can be a real replacement for Tenergy but the price got so ridiculously high now that I refuse to use it in the future.

Edited by DrFeelGood - 04/04/2011 at 3:40am
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2011 at 5:39am
Moon Pro is totally different rubber. First of all, it is Professional rather than Provincial. Second, its sponge is not MaxTense - it is more like the purple high-end rubbers with the >$55 price tag but probably more brittle. And finally, the topsheet is - or seems to be - almost 100% natural rubber. Have no idea why this rubber is being sold in the Moon department.

37 degrees Moon Pro cut to TBS weighs 46 gr., while 38 degrees regular Moon is only 41 gr.

Edited by Imago - 04/04/2011 at 5:40am
beginnerluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beginnerluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2011 at 1:22am
can someone compare the Moon to Hurricane II, or, TSP Brio & LKT Torrent which happen to be the one I'm using, both Brio & Torrent doesn't to have the lifting pwr required for looping.
To keep the weigh low, does it mean I should stay with 38 deg Moon? What thickness?
 tkx
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2011 at 1:49am
I have tried Moon on BH and H2 on FH. Moon is not uncomparable to Brio, only lighter. More lifting power comes with H2.

In the final analysis, Moon performs at its best on Primorac. Moon weight does not depend on hardness. Red Mars 2 is the same weight as Moon, black Mars 2 is 2 or 3 gr heavier.
beginnerluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beginnerluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2011 at 12:01pm
thanks for the reply, I take that you would prefer a Moon over a H2?  I didn't get it, is Brio COMPARABLE ( or NOT) to Moon? Brio is about 43g after cut and glued.
I am a pen-holder player using 2-sides rubber so its important for me to keep the weigh low. For the weigh reason, I am using a light blade ( galaxy T-11 62g) which could be one of the reasons why I found limited lifting pwr from my paddle so I want to make it up by finding myself a light-weighted rubber.  
H2 is known to be heavier, I read somewhere. Otherwise, I would get a H2 if it performs better overall.
Moon? Brio? H2? Any opinion?  
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2011 at 12:54pm

On T-11, Moon and Mars 2 @ 41 degrees. I prefer Venus 2 as it has more spin, but is 50 gr cut for T-11.

yylik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yylik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2011 at 11:59pm
I just glued my self-tuned moon (thanks to Peter79 :) ), will test it later in the afternoon. Come back for review.
My initial impression for this tuned sheet (paraffin oil) is lively and bouncy. Spin is good, but might be less, say compare to Palio's Thor. I am excited to try it out later. I hope this can be a replacement to those expensive tensor BTY rubbers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic