FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Steve Hall LP twiddler V Garth Kinlocke

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Steve Hall LP twiddler V Garth Kinlocke
    Posted: 12/03/2010 at 10:14pm
Let me say Sorry in advance for the poor quality and the fact that I ran out of tape at the end of the 3rd game. I posted this video as there's not too many videos of LP twiddlers and how to play them. 

Warning! If you are easily bored by matches where a player misreads a lot then don't watch.

Member of Single Ply Club. Shakehand, Kauri wood by American Hinoki, 1-ply 7mm. FH> Gambler Reflectoid. BH> Yasaka Mark V
Sponsored Links

melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2010 at 11:54pm
Nice video man :)
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2010 at 11:07am
Looks like Garth is taking it easy as he knows he will win Tiny. I umpired for him a couple of years ago at Leeds when he played Darren Mcvitie and when he eventually got going he played really well to come back and win.
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2010 at 5:39pm
He was confident, but it took a while to figure out the best route. Steve's game is quite varied and disruptive.
Member of Single Ply Club. Shakehand, Kauri wood by American Hinoki, 1-ply 7mm. FH> Gambler Reflectoid. BH> Yasaka Mark V
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2010 at 9:25pm
That's a great video, learn a thing or two from it. Thanks Tinykin.
Garth looks a really good player. What's his ranking in UK?
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 12:35am
Im still a bit unsure who is who , but the twiddler lost most of the times when he actually twiddled ie I started counting when he twiddled and did he win the point but after like 5 out of the 6 times he twiddled he lost the point, (I have only watched the first game and a half)
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
ttkenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 11:45am
Steve looks very skilled in using his LP for chop blocking and forcing weak returns. I do agree with roundrobin that it appears that he loses most of his points after twirling his bat to the inverted. In fact, many returns that he receives with his inverted are a much lower percentage regardless of whether he twiddles to it on his backhand or not!! Hard to tell if this is the case all of the time but in this match it is obvious. More fun watching pushblocker...hehe
Kenny
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by ttkenny ttkenny wrote:

Steve looks very skilled in using his LP for chop blocking and forcing weak returns. I do agree with roundrobin that it appears that he loses most of his points after twirling his bat to the inverted. In fact, many returns that he receives with his inverted are a much lower percentage regardless of whether he twiddles to it on his backhand or not!! Hard to tell if this is the case all of the time but in this match it is obvious. More fun watching pushblocker...hehe

You mean smackman, and I also agree with his observations.  LOL
I feel Steve's blade is a bit too bouncy... Whenever he twiddled to his inverted side he had a hard time controlling the ball.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 4:30pm
I've heard rumours that both these players would lose big time against Victorian veterans rated at ~80th place in Victoria. Any one who can confirm this?

I must admit, I thought they where better, but I guess I was wrong.
The holy grail
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

He's still top 20 senior but about to come off the list due to inactivity. He's doing final year A'levels so the training is non-existent at the moment. 

Edited by Tinykin_2 - 12/06/2010 at 5:35am
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2010 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

I've heard rumours that both these players would lose big time against Victorian veterans rated at ~80th place in Victoria. Any one who can confirm this?

Smile I guess that's an inside joke.

Anyway, This was an extension to Pushblockers thread. Steve Hall is Hallmark TT and was partner with Dr N when they produced the infamous Dr N rubbers. He has had some good results locally and internationally in Veterans tournaments. He plays only local league these days but I know that he beat at least one 2600+ international (top 300) player fairly recently.

Someone mentioned equipment. His inverted is a fast Bryce type rubber under the Hallmark brand on a Hallmark Off blade.
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Tinykin_2 Tinykin_2 wrote:

Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

He's still top 20 senior but about to go out due to come off the list. He's doing final year A'levels so the training is non-existent at the moment. 
wow, top 20 senior, no wonder...
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
ttkenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 1:04am
With the ban of his Hallmark rubbers, what does Steve Hall use now for his close to the table blocking game?  I think you have mentioned that he uses Bryce on the smooth side...
Kenny
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 1:54am

I think Reb was just laying some bait, guess you took it hook line an Sinker.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
bravefest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravefest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 3:21am
The guy in the blue has a very low throw on his serve.  I'd probably call that more than once if I were a judge in a tournament.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 4:15am

Smile I guess that's an inside joke.

Yes, it's an inside joke since some one watched the video and suggested that the rallies he played out the day before (vs PingpongRob) looked a lot better and thought they would beat these players.

Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

QUOTE]I think Reb was just laying some bait, guess you took it hook line an Sinker.

Don't you think this is getting old Rob? As soon some of you guys makes a fool of your self, by showing your lack of understanding of the game, it's suddenly called baiting? So, if Reb hav tried to convince you he was baiting, I guess you are the one that got hooked. Remember, we are talking about the guy who thinks that Dandenong has more talent, both at the top and depth then all of U.K, but, I guess you are going to call that baiting as well? A small suggestion, when you have made a fool of your self, instead of trying to deny it, admit it and be humble about it. Works a lot better and earns you more respect.
The holy grail
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 5:31am
Originally posted by bravefest bravefest wrote:

The guy in the blue has a very low throw on his serve.  I'd probably call that more than once if I were a judge in a tournament.

LOLshhhhh. Wink
Tinykin_2 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin_2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 5:33am
Originally posted by ttkenny ttkenny wrote:

With the ban of his Hallmark rubbers, what does Steve Hall use now for his close to the table blocking game?  I think you have mentioned that he uses Bryce on the smooth side...

Rubbers: Hallmark Friction Special 2 and Hallmark inverted (fast Bryce-type) on Hallmark OFF- blade.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 6:57am

Yes, they had a practice in Danengdong only the other night of a higher standard than this rubbish.
The Older I get, The better I was.
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 7:22am

Smile I guess that's an inside joke.

Yes, it's an inside joke since some one watched the video and suggested that the rallies he played out the day before (vs PingpongRob) looked a lot better and thought they would beat these players.

Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

QUOTE]I think Reb was just laying some bait, guess you took it hook line an Sinker.

Don't you think this is getting old Rob? As soon some of you guys makes a fool of your self, by showing your lack of understanding of the game, it's suddenly called baiting? So, if Reb hav tried to convince you he was baiting, I guess you are the one that got hooked. Remember, we are talking about the guy who thinks that Dandenong has more talent, both at the top and depth then all of U.K, but, I guess you are going to call that baiting as well? A small suggestion, when you have made a fool of your self, instead of trying to deny it, admit it and be humble about it. Works a lot better and earns you more respect.
Speedplay, you only wish you got to my level - Post a decent video so we can compare. As for the post that Reb left, why dont you read my reply - it basically says that both players are of a high standard. Dont change the meaning of the reply...
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2010 at 8:41am
Rob, did I even mention yor name when I suggested that some one said that the top 80 in Vic was better then them? I don't think so.

For the last time Rob, I have no wishes to reach your level, cause wishes are the stuff that we dream about. Your level is a realistic target for me with in a couple of months. You got to stop dreaming about your "high level" game, cause it is simply none existent, as shown in your videos. Does these videos lie? If they do, then why should I post a video, if videos lies? If the videos are honest, then why can't you see the level you play at?

Enough of this, the tread is about high level players, so we can have our argument elsewhere, as neither one of us is a high level player.
The holy grail
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 12:41am
Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

Yes, they had a practice in Danengdong only the other night of a higher standard than this rubbish.
Where is this Danengdong club? It must be very strong. It's name sounds chinese - is it in China?
I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 2:54am
Originally posted by DDreamer DDreamer wrote:

Originally posted by APW46 APW46 wrote:

I've heard rumours that both these players would lose big time against Victorian veterans rated at ~80th place in Victoria. Any one who can confirm this? I must admit, I thought they where better, but I guess I was wrong.

Where is this Danengdong club? It must be very strong. It's name sounds chinese - is it in China?

The correct spelling is Dandenong (I think) and China? Pff, no, it's even better then that, it is located in Australia
The holy grail
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 3:26am
Wow, an Australian club even better than China! Can one pay to go and train there?
I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 10:19am
I don't think so, by the sound of it, it's an exclusive club where only the best of the best can play. The strange thing is, if you look at their videos, they don't look impressive, but there is probably something going on that can't be caught by the camera as I've been told they are playing at a very high level.
The holy grail
DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2010 at 6:59pm

I don't think so, by the sound of it, it's an exclusive club where only the best of the best can play. The strange thing is, if you look at their videos, they don't look impressive, but there is probably something going on that can't be caught by the camera as I've been told they are playing at a very high level.
Videos can be misleading like that. I remember once seeing a video of this player with (seemingly) average footwork and who pushed long a lot. The video made him look like just a not-too-bad club player but it turned out he could actually match it with players in the top 80 in the UK! Go figure eh.   

In any case, if a player like Steve Hall would struggle in that Dandenong place then it must be an amazing club. I would imagine that, aside from being great players, the Dandenong members would also have realistic and razor-sharp insights into the game, and possess an uncanny ability to sort the wheat from the chaff. Is this the case? 

Edited by DDreamer - 12/07/2010 at 8:25pm
warm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2010 at 2:22am
I posted this video as there's not too many videos of LP twiddlers and how to play them. 

DDreamer View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2010 at 2:30am
Originally posted by warm warm wrote:

I posted this video as there's not too many videos of LP twiddlers and how to play them. 

Thanks for that Warm. Do you have any clips of top Dandenong players?
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2010 at 2:31am

Originally posted by warm warm wrote:

Thanks for that Warm. Do you have any clips of top Dandenong players?

He didnt post it...he's just saying nonsense to spread the fake adds in his signature, which despite saying different things, go to the same address.
Speedplay View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2010 at 2:31am

Videos can be misleading like that. I remember once seeing a video of this player with (seemingly) average footwork and who pushed long a lot. The video made him look like just a not-too-bad club player but it turned out he could actually match it with players in the top 80 in the UK! Go figure eh.   
In any case, if a player like Steve Hall would struggle in that Dandenong place then it must be an amazing club. I would imagine that, aside from being great players, the Dandenong members would also have realistic and razor-sharp insights into the game, and possess an uncanny ability to sort the wheat from the chaff. Is this the case? 

Yes, the Dandenong players have a great insight in the game and even if you post a video of world class playes, they are able to pick their game apart and tell you what these players our lacking and how they would struggle to win any matches, even in one of their weaker leagues.

How ever, the worst part is when they posts videos of their own, there seems to be so many flaws in their games, but as soon as you point it out, they are able to explain why it's not flaws, but actually a strenght of theirs. I even heard one guy who supposedly had a great short game, but didn't use it, as their was no need to. Here I was, thinking that the shortgame provided a huge advantage if you where better then your opponent, but I guess I was wrong.
The holy grail
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic