Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Butterfly Neo vs Iolite blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Boris12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Butterfly Neo vs Iolite blades
    Posted: 12/20/2010 at 3:50am
Can anyone who has tried both comment of the differences and similarities 
Sponsored Links

Boris12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2010 at 3:18am
I guess no one has tried the Neo yet lol 
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2010 at 8:08pm
Have you done a search? this topic was out quite some time ago. 

I didnt like the original blade because it too fat headed and thin handled - the new one is the same.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2010 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Boris12 Boris12 wrote:

I don't know if you notice, but it is a trick question.  There is no Butterfly Neo LOL

Are you talking about Iolite Neo vs. Iolite?  If yes, then YES, I have tried both of them.  What do you need to know?  Any specific question(s) you have in mind?

SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
shaks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2010 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

Originally posted by Boris12 Boris12 wrote:

I don't know if you notice, but it is a trick question.  There is no Butterfly Neo LOL

Are you talking about Iolite Neo vs. Iolite?  If yes, then YES, I have tried both of them.  What do you need to know?  Any specific question(s) you have in mind?

can you tell me if the neo iolite has a harder or a softer feel ? also is the neo handle similar to the old iolite ? I prefer the thin handle and softer feel of the older iolite. I'ven't tried the neo iolite
~shaks
Usatt 2150

speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2010 at 1:52pm
Both of these blade has thick balsa core.  I think the Neo version is softer.  The ST of Neo is smaller than the ST handle of the previous version.  FL handle is about the same, I would say the handle of the Neo version is a little bit larger.  Also, the Neo version is a little bit thicker that the previous version.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
shaks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2010 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by speedy speedy wrote:

Both of these blade has thick balsa core.  I think the Neo version is softer.  The ST of Neo is smaller than the ST handle of the previous version.  FL handle is about the same, I would say the handle of the Neo version is a little bit larger.  Also, the Neo version is a little bit thicker that the previous version.
Thanks for the review speedy
~shaks
Usatt 2150

bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2010 at 10:24pm
They do not have a balsa core. 

If they did they would be much lighter.  The iolite I had was kiri core which a soft wood that butterfly uses for 99% of their blades and it is what makes them much more durable but heavier than euro balsa blades.
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
Boris12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2010 at 12:02am
So much writing and no one commented about the speed  feel  

The original Iolite only came in one type of very thin flare handle   this is why it was not that popular  it is way too thin for anyone       I believe the Neo handle is different   should be the same as the other Butterfly blades.

so can anyone comment further

and yes   it is not balsa

Edited by Boris12 - 12/24/2010 at 12:04am
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2010 at 12:49am
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

They do not have a balsa core. 

If they did they would be much lighter.  The iolite I had was kiri core which a soft wood that butterfly uses for 99% of their blades and it is what makes them much more durable but heavier than euro balsa blades.

Whatever it is.  It is VERY soft wood.  It's soft just like Balsa.
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
Boris12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2010 at 3:29pm
So is the sweet spot very good  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic