Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clubs in Taipei, Taiwan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clubs in Taipei, Taiwan
    Posted: 01/12/2011 at 2:48pm
Does anyone know of any good clubs in Taipei?  Will be visiting there for 2 weeks in a couple of months.

Thanks.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Sponsored Links

shakepender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakepender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2011 at 6:23pm

Not really, but drop into or give the tt shop below a call (addr & tel no. at bottom of webpage). When I was there last year, they did mention a club where I could play... but I didn't go cos it wasn't nearby ...it's a big city.

I guess you could also do a Google search when in Taipei...

Viscaria : Omg IV Pro / Omg IV Euro

rookies View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2011 at 10:51pm
This is Chuang Chih Yuan's club. He spent lots money to build it. If you are lucky, you might see him in person.Big smile
http://www.chihyuan.url.tw

Clubs in Taipei

Edited by rookies - 01/12/2011 at 10:56pm
Timo Boll Spirit

FH: Hurricane 3 Neo

BH: Coppa X1 Turbo

My Feedback
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2011 at 9:16am
thanks so much for the feedback.  Will check out the club and the website you guys provided.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
yugo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yugo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2011 at 11:50pm
This is fairly new club. I don't know if it is any good, but it certainly looks good from the outside.

http://www.kuojung.com/

If you're able to read Chinese, you might want to check out the following listing for clubs in the northern Taiwan.

http://ww2.ilpp.com.tw/page10.php

Tournaments listing (You might need to register and there's no English interface...)
http://www.yctu.amateur-table-tennis.org/
ttennisplayer View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttennisplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2016 at 8:41pm
Hi, Hoping to take my teenaged table tennis-playing son (1700s tournament rating) to Taipei the last week of June (2016).

Interested in:
1) table tennis clubs for open play
2) knowing cost of a lesson in US
3) knowing whether there's a place to stay and train for a few days.

He can speak and read limited Mandarin/Chinese.

Or, looks as if he will be spending the summer in HUALIEN, TAIWAN (at the Tzu Chi language school).

I guess if I'm not getting any positive responses to my request for table tennis clubs in Taipei, then Hualien is much less likely.

Edited by ttennisplayer - 05/19/2016 at 8:25pm
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2016 at 3:11pm
I was in Taipei in 2011 and looked for many clubs that were listed on the internet. It was a wild goose chase. Most no longer existed. I only found one, and it was in a basement with a bunch of pillars everywhere at a time when I didn't have my stuff with me.

Things might be different now, but it was very difficult to find a place to walk in and play. But its a fun motivation to explore the city.

On the other hand, I found at least 3 TT brick and mortar shops, each only a stop or two from the Taipei 
Main Station. Needless to say I brought home about 3 pairs of TT shoes.

Edited by LOOPMEISTER - 05/11/2016 at 3:12pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic