Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Review:"NEW better" 729 F1 - Powerlooper's Dream
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review:"NEW better" 729 F1 - Powerlooper's Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 1:28am
how would this blade compare to a Hurricane King 655?

I was interested in that blade but its way too much cheddar man...

how would this blade pair up with DHS rubber specifically h2 neo?

thanks guys
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
Sponsored Links

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 1:44am
Just intended to try a new H2 Neo on F-1. Smile

I'd better try not. H2 Neo cut is 50 g. Confused

Edited by Imago - 03/31/2011 at 2:48am
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 1:31pm
Satisfaction brought the cat back... Wink

Surprisingly, almost no difference between red Mercury 2 @ 37 and red H2 Neo. Except that H2 is harder (being new), an idea stronger and with little more spin. Very pleasant feel though.
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 4:21pm
thanks imago,

with that said Imago buy this blade Wink  LOL

should i try getting the 729 L-3 too while Im at it?  
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 5:27pm
I got my 729 F-1 today plus Thor's and Sun 38deg max.

Which one should I pair with 729 F-1?

Any suggestions?

Thxxx

ttran82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttran82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by ThaiLe ThaiLe wrote:

Any suggestions?

Thxxx

Try Thor first.  I remember the last time I hit Sun from borrowing your blade, it was not that good IMO.
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by ttran82 ttran82 wrote:

Any suggestions?

Thxxx

Try Thor first.  I remember the last time I hit Sun from borrowing your blade, it was not that good IMO.

I remembered now.  Thors it is...LOL

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 5:40pm
ThaiLe

my suggestion is paste your usual rubber on 729 F-1 if you want a proper idea about the blade. 

Thor's is a difficult to adjust rubber, and sun is under performer imo. So they will unnecessarily convolute your opinion about the blade... and you will associate some of their properties with that of the blade.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

ThaiLe

my suggestion is paste your usual rubber on 729 F-1 if you want a proper idea about the blade. 

Thor's is a difficult to adjust rubber, and sun is under performer imo. So they will unnecessarily convolute your opinion about the blade... and you will associate some of their properties with that of the blade.

Thanks for the suggestion.  However, I don't have my usual rubber since I change rubber every week or so...LOL

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 6:16pm
:) ... then try anything you played with earlier... not thor's. 

thor's is little too much 'FUN' LOL.. when you first play with it.
vid1
Vid 2
PongPong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PongPong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 8:19pm

Any suggestions?

Thxxx

Do you mind tellin us where you got this blade?
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 11:51pm
most likely tabletennisonly since he recieved it mad quick
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 12:20am
Originally posted by PongPong PongPong wrote:

Any suggestions?

Thxxx

Do you mind tellin us where you got this blade?

I bought it from tabletennisonly.  JZ is super fast in shipping.  It is the last 729 F-1 blade that he has.  The next shipment from Yinhe is early April.

Edited by ThaiLe - 04/01/2011 at 12:21am
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 12:33am

:) ... then try anything you played with earlier... not thor's. 

thor's is little too much 'FUN' LOL.. when you first play with it.

So I played for about one hour with Thors on 729 F-1 and I had mixed feeling with Thors.  Some shots are long and some just hit the net.  However, the feeling for F-1 blade is awesome - especially for blocking.  Solid feel and good feedback from the blade.  729 F-1 is really worth it.

Will pair Sun 38deg max with F-1 and test it tomorrow.

However, Thors on Acoustic feels much better.

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 2:26am
today i realized something after playing with another blade. 

I was comparing 729 F-1 with TB ALC or Innerforce ALC. but today i actually played with the closed 729 F-1 clone... exact same speed and feeling. 

Guess what? It turns out to be Innerforce T5000. That's the real 729 F-1 clone.

I took that blade from club player... and it had the same exact feeling... but the IF T5000 was with better finish and handle shape. Embarrassed

Butterfly rates that blade 10 in speed... but i guess that's wrong. its not that crazy fast ... definitely slower than IF ZLC... and a very pliable blade.... just for butterfly fans.... because its kinda 9 times more expensive than 729 F-1

Edited by debraj - 04/01/2011 at 2:30am
vid1
Vid 2
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 2:30am
T5000 is closer to 3K than ALC, ZLF or ZLC.

I have played with three of them and find F-1 as fast if not faster than IF ZLC. It says OFF++ on the F-1 handle. This is not arbitrary rating.

Edited by Imago - 04/01/2011 at 2:34am
diabolo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diabolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 4:21am
Eacheng rates V-6 with 92 and F-1 at 89. I have V-6 and it's everything but "very fast".  
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 5:56am
Mr. Eacheng will probably rate IF ZLC with 88.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 9:16am
I wonder if I should try the F1, since I already own a Wavestone and a Galaxy t8 (both of which I like a lot, especially the Wavestone)... Do you think it can be an improvement? Disapprove
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 11:57am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

I wonder if I should try the F1, since I already own a Wavestone and a Galaxy t8 (both of which I like a lot, especially the Wavestone)... Do you think it can be an improvement? Disapprove

seguso... since i played with both the blades yuo mentioned for significant time, i think yes it will be an improvement if you are looper... both of those blades are 7mm+ composite blades. no professional player plays 7mm+ composite blades.

however.. when you try F-1 blade.. due to the change in nature of power delivery, your shots will be anemic for first 2 days.. after which you will adjust to the timing and your loops will be as powerful as those 2. Hitting will not be as powerful.. but imo, plenty.

vid1
Vid 2
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by diabolo diabolo wrote:

Eacheng rates V-6 with 92 and F-1 at 89. I have V-6 and it's everything but "very fast".  

I would rate V-6 at the low end of OFF, sometimes upper end OFF-. It is not OFF+ of course.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 12:39pm
F-1 finished surface is not that bad but not great either.  Yet, it is better than L-3 and V-6.  A very thin layer of polyurethane sprayer will keep the splinter from happening.

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 1:24pm
it's funny but its difficult to compare the speeds... because the speeds kick at different times... so what is not speedy at slow shots... can again be speedy at faster shots .... 

V-6 definitely has more top end speed than F-1, but less spring than F-1... and while looping away from table that spring of F-1 is very handy in move the ball farther.
vid1
Vid 2
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 2:51pm

I find F-1/H2Neo/M2 as fast as H-WL/H2/H3, and we know that H-WL is rated OFF+++

Whoever tried this combo admitted that it is too fast for us, regular denizens of TT entertainment clubs.

Probably this particular F-1 I've got has some individual peculiarities, like thicker koto plies or I don't know what...

Still, the question remains as to why 729 would mark it as OFF++ while V-6 is clearly rated as OFF+. Look at your handle, please.
vvu.tee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvu.tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 5:09pm
F1 is creating some buzz, good...

I've played with a handful of V-6s, and they are between OFF and OFF- blades. From what I hear F-1 is slower than V-6, and probably is OFF-.

BTW, while at it and as far as I am concerned: H-WL not an OFF+++ blade, it is an OFF- blade imho, just a bit faster than HK, and slower than HK655.

(1) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - BTY T05
(2) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - DHS H3 Neo Provincial
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2011 at 1:39am
If H-WL is OFF- then BTY Primorac must be DEF as far as I am concerned. Smile

I rest my case: You have to be an established 2000+ player to be consistently successful with F-1 paired with the modern 3rd generation Tensor, Sensor, Exonsor, Sponsor, etc. "inner explosion cum divel" rubbers.
vvu.tee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvu.tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2011 at 6:15am
Primo is between ALL+ and OFF- (true Primorac in the 87-93 grams range)

H-WL is between OFF- and OFF (different batches differ somewhat in weight and speed, but in general it is a moderately fast blade, very easy to control and play with.

To give you a better frame of reference:
Stiga OC CR for your reference is an ALL + blade (regardless of manufacturers claims)
Stiga Allround Classic is ALL
Clipper is OFF
Korbel is also classic OFF to OFF- blade
TBS is OFF-
ALC is OFF- to OFF
Primo Carbon is OFF+

Hope that clears the picture :-)

So Imago, is the F-1 is in the ballpark of Primorac Carbon?

(1) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - BTY T05
(2) BTY T64 - BTY M.MAZE - DHS H3 Neo Provincial
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2011 at 6:45am

No, Primorac Carbon is faster.

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2011 at 7:11am

no professional player plays 7mm+ composite blades

You mean they are too fast? The fact is I am using slow cheap rubbers (Galaxy Sun, Globe 999, H3 Neo), so I need that power. In fact, T8 seems to me too slow for forehand smashing, even though I have a big swing, whereas Wavestone is perfect. So my question is: to use the F1, will I have to switch to more expensive rubbers (or to boost my current rubbers once a week)? Cry Thanks
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2011 at 3:30am
No need to do so. Tried it with Vega Pro, H3 Neo Pro, T05... M2 @ 37 or more will give you enough power, at least more than with the said three.

There are no fast rubbers and fast blades, there are only Power Combos - and the right combination is a matter of luck.

Are you Sonntagskind? Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic