Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy 05 durability

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 2:33am
mts388 we obviously have different opinions. LOL
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Sponsored Links

unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 3:07am
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Would the type of stroke affect the wear on a rubble?  I was told that since I am a very spiny hitter my rubber will wear out before non spiny hitters.

I believe the opposite, nopt only believe but also playing 13-14 years table tennis I have seen it in me and  in other players. The flat hitters use more strength in their strokes so the rubber hurts more and the top sheet gets destroyed more easily. The worst thing is to be a flat-hard hitter and use fx rubbers. The soft rubber, speeds up rapidly the life time of the top sheet.

I disagree.  On a flat hit the ball hits the rubber/sponge and bounces off without much damage to the sponge or rubber.

On a loop stroke the ball comes in at an angle and as it hits the topsheet the contact tears/or weakens the topsheet a little bit. 

I agree with mts388, this is true according to Physics as well and that's my understanding as well.

Flat hitters can hit the ball from any part of the ball and the contact is not long whereas a looper has to brush the ball from a specific sweet spot and due to the friction given to the ball by this motion the top-sheet will deteriorate much faster.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 4:19am
The only reason that I keep my opinion is that flat hitters always hit with more power than loopers.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 5:41am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

The only reason that I keep my opinion is that flat hitters always hit with more power than loopers.

More power yes but flat hitters don't use that much friction on their strokes, so naturally more friction from a top-spin looper would mean more wear and tear of the rubber.

Edited by unstopabl3 - 01/18/2017 at 5:42am
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 7:04am
3 months is max I can play with t05. I loop everything and after month and half sponge became little dead, which means you have to change stroke a little to use sponge more, also passive shots spread balls more on sides. I reglue it then with water based glue, and it become just slightly better, but only  for 2 weeks, then again it starts losing performance, and 3rd month is usually pain (i'm lazy to reglue it again; although it doesn't help much) until topsheet wears off and then I have to buy new sheet.
I use wood blades, don't know is it same with carbons.
For lower level pros it's probably ok, one month of good use. For amateurs, too expensive pleasure, 220 EUR per year only for fh rubber.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 3:50pm
same with my tenergy 05 just last 3 months after that it is less lively anymore, maybe i should do some parrafin tuning with it at least it could extend a little bit longer, would that help?

Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Matador Texa
Rubbers: FH::Symmetry SP BH: Tenergy Hard, FH: MoristoSP ax BH: Tenergy Hard,FH:Desperado 2 BH: Omega 7 Asia   
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2017 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by gatz gatz wrote:

same with my tenergy 05 just last 3 months after that it is less lively anymore, maybe i should do some parrafin tuning with it at least it could extend a little bit longer, would that help?

I've tried boosting new sheets of T05 with Daichan booster and didn't like the result.  However, I've also tried boosting old sheets of T05 (180 hours of play or more) and it really helped.  The only problem was that the boosting only helped for 3 or 4 weeks.  After that, you're going to need to boost again.
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2017 at 3:23am
Fatt,
What a wonderfully productive take on all of this.  I assume used sheets have to have all the glue removed by the seller?  Then just post on FS?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic