Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yasaka Extra Special review pls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yasaka Extra Special review pls
    Posted: 02/11/2011 at 9:15pm
has anybody tried this blade? i was drooling when i saw a 7ply blade that has a walnut outer layer
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

loboestep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loboestep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2011 at 7:12pm
I would like to know more too...

TSP Balsa Glasfiber 4.5
FH:Bryce Speed Fx 1.9
BH:Galaxy Neptune soft ox
Hallmark Aurora
FH: Butterfly Ekrips
BH:Ritc 755 OX
Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2011 at 8:25pm
I can't find this blade in the USA either. I'm interested as well.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2011 at 8:33pm
You can read about it at Yasaka's Manufacturing page --
It looks nice! Smile
http://www.woodhouse.se/showprod.asp?prodID=217

Edited by king_pong - 04/26/2011 at 8:36pm
jasonz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2011 at 11:49pm
I got one from China a few weeks ago and finally had time to put rubber on it (DHS H3 Neo FH and Donic Acuda S2).  I got a cpen JTTAA version.  The blade is very high quality.  The plies do resemble clipper but with a walnut outer layer. 
The blade reminds me of AVX BT 777.  It is a bit faster than YO but slower than Max Wood.  When knocking on bare wood the pitch is pretty high.
Practice with the blade was fun.  Low throw, good loops, blocks, etc.  Short game was fine.
The handle was very comfortable out of the box.  The handle is essentially the same size as all yasaka blades.  The setup is little bit heavier than YEO with the same rubbers. 

Hope this information helps.  
Jason Z

Stiga Xu Xin Dynasty
FH DHS TG -60 Soft
BH DHS H3 white sponge pro
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 2:27am
Gawd, this blade is fiiiine. Anyone know what this "Power Wood" technology is suppose to be? If it plays similar to Clipper, I am very interested in purchasing. Chris.b.40 told me it is around 70USD, with this link: http://www.ttex.se/product_info.php?products_id=2268{3}28{10}167

Jasonz, could you provide some more information about the blade, such as weight and thickness?

king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 3:32am
Originally posted by qynthnghm qynthnghm wrote:

Gawd, this blade is fiiiine. Anyone know what this "Power Wood" technology is suppose to be? If it plays similar to Clipper, I am very interested in purchasing. Chris.b.40 told me it is around 70USD, with this link: http://www.ttex.se/product_info.php?products_id=2268{3}28{10}167

Jasonz, could you provide some more information about the blade, such as weight and thickness?

@qynthnghm__They even have the English option on that site and the convert currency for you --
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 3:34am
Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

@qynthnghm__They even have the English option on that site and the convert currency for you --

Hey, that's cheaper than the new Clipper at least. Big smile

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 9:59am
..."for demanding players who like hot power strokes"...

Really?

And I'm not sure why the have the word "Extra" in the name. Looks more like an "upgrade" (speed wise) to the Clipper design.

Reading the marketing copy it sounds like a blade with less dwell (walnut as opposed to Anigre) less flex (harder inner veneers instead of ayous)...

I'm sure it's amazing for passive blocks and smashes.

edit-Fixed outer ply of original YE per IanMcg
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
jz1028 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jz1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 6:31pm

I play penhold so the weight is going to be different than shakehand.  The blade is thinner than clipper and more "concise."  The dwell time on this blade is better than clipper (I currently have different rubber on the two, Neo H3 on new blade and RITC 08 Tuned on Clipper). 

I can't believe that it is 99 dollars on that website.  I paid around 500RMB for it. 
tbs cs
fh dhs h3 neo
bh nittaku refoma
jasonz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 10:50pm
I have been play with extra special cpen for a few practice session.  I am really starting to like it.  Same speed as clipper wood with much more comfortable handle.  Better dwell time too.  I have H3 Neo and Acuda S2 with it.  
Jason Z

Stiga Xu Xin Dynasty
FH DHS TG -60 Soft
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 10:55pm

Anyone know what this "Power Wood" technology is suppose to be?
Marketing hype.

atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 11:03pm
Another clipper knock off? How come it is more expensive than authentic clipper?
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
jasonz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2011 at 11:18pm
The outer ply is completely different than clipper.  I don't think it is a clipper knock off.  I think it is better.  
Jason Z

Stiga Xu Xin Dynasty
FH DHS TG -60 Soft
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2011 at 1:09am
This looks really nice.  I'm surprised it has more dwell than clipper with a walnut outer (compared to limba).  But it looks thinner than the modern clipper so that might be a factor.  Maybe this is like a 6.2 mm clipper CR ?
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2011 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by jz1028 jz1028 wrote:

I play penhold so the weight is going to be different than shakehand.  The blade is thinner than clipper and more "concise."  The dwell time on this blade is better than clipper (I currently have different rubber on the two, Neo H3 on new blade and RITC 08 Tuned on Clipper). 

I can't believe that it is 99 dollars on that website.  I paid around 500RMB for it. 

Just join the website's membership and your price will be $ 70.00 try it.Big smile
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2011 at 10:26am
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

Just join the website's membership and your price will be $ 70.00 try it.Big smile

I just signed up looking for a different Yasaka blade, but the new Extra Special blade was $82.07 for member price.  
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2011 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

I just signed up looking for a different Yasaka blade, but the new Extra Special blade was $82.07 for member price.  

The price is now what you say it is,$82.07 place the item in your basket and check back in a month or so and it'll change again .
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2011 at 10:49am
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

This looks really nice.  I'm surprised it has more dwell than clipper with a walnut outer (compared to limba).  But it looks thinner than the modern clipper so that might be a factor.  Maybe this is like a 6.2 mm clipper CR ?

Thanks for introducing this blade to me Chronos.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2011 at 11:43am

Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

The price is now what you say it is,$82.07 place the item in your basket and check back in a month or so and it'll change again .

haaaa  do the blades depreciate after sitting in your shopping cart for a month?   

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2011 at 8:05am
This is an awesome looking blade, If I could handle 7 plys worth of power I'd have myself one of these for sure, would be great with untuned Hurricane I guess if you could deal with the weight
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2011 at 8:42am
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2011 at 8:53pm
i have played with the yasaka extra special,
this is a blade to clipper or avalox p700 users, with thinner thickness (what in my opinion is good) and some more directional hitting.

i would say that fits people who find the ludeack power too powerful, but would like that 7 ply clipper building.

the blade has more dwell time than the ludeack because inner plys are not so compact wood (more like clipper). the walnut outer is thin.

good looping blade. everything ok. no struggle with anything.  
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 6:08am
Is this blade available in penhold?
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 6:53am

It is on ttex.se

I suppose this blade is over 95 gr.

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 7:13am
I have one @87 gr. ST handle.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 7:20am
depending on how i will like my new YEO i may consider getting YES as well
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2011 at 9:17am

Is this blade available in penhold?

Coach Tony can hook you up!   YES CPEN

shaolinTT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaolinTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2011 at 6:29pm
I see megaspin has it now, even the CPen version.
I like my YEO (CS)
Has anyone tried both the YEO and YES?  How do they compare?
Thanks!
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2011 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by shaolinTT shaolinTT wrote:

I see megaspin has it now, even the CPen version.
I like my YEO (CS)
Has anyone tried both the YEO and YES?  How do they compare?
Thanks!

YES is to clipper/p700 users. i like for me the ludeack power instead. 

it is different from a yeo.

Edited by ejmaster - 08/01/2011 at 9:45pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic