FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

GKI Euro-XX: Any Info?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GKI Euro-XX: Any Info?
    Posted: 02/26/2011 at 12:48pm
I was on Table Tennis DB today and decided to look for a rubber with a high throw. I came across the GKI Euro-XX (which is rated with the highest throw on that site) and the reviews are very positive as well. Not to mention there are 24 of them (at this time) so it's probably quite accurate.

Can anyone give some more info on this rubber as well as where it can be ordered?
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
Sponsored Links

Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2011 at 11:18pm
People have also compared it pretty favorably against some top notch rubbers out there.  I have been curious about this for awhile too.  It actually sounds like it would suit my style.
Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
Aquaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2011 at 6:36pm
Internet search seems to indicate that this is sold in India only.  Anyone with any luck outside of India?
Blade: Stiga Allround Classic
FH: JOOLA Rhyzm 2.0
BH: JOOLA Rhyzm 425 2.0

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2011 at 9:36pm
Such a shame. It seems like a high quality product that would suit my game.

I found this site that has the rubber but don't know much about it:  http://www.playgroundonline.com/products/GKI+Euro+XX+Table+Tennis+Rubber+-+New/6415.aspx

PTTC VP - 2011-12
Aquaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 1:04am
Yes, it said on that page: "This item ships to destinations in India". 
I don't know if they will ship it to the US if you offer to pay more shipping or not.  Has anyone used this site?
Blade: Stiga Allround Classic
FH: JOOLA Rhyzm 2.0
BH: JOOLA Rhyzm 425 2.0

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 2:50am
I think you will find all the reviews for this rubber on the review site are posted by people from within the GKI company since none of them are members of tabletennisdb. Since it's just $16 I'd like to see someone try it and prove that's not the case but I'm certain enough to not waste $16 on it. There's not much chance an unknown rubber can be rated 25 times and average 9.4 if everyone is being honest. Barracuda has 9.4 and 37 ratings but that's well known by everyone to be a good rubber

Edited by bluebucket - 03/01/2011 at 2:57am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 6:26am
Not to mention the claims of high control and spin possibly greater than Tenergy making this seem really really good...

PTTC VP - 2011-12
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 4:41pm
LOLLOLguys... i'm sorry to write this as someone from indian origin, i did play with many GKI premades and some rubbers (never bought one though) ... borrowing from friends. 

then when i switched to the "space age rubber" called mark V; i was like "what the heck i was doing all these days?"

not a signle indian pro player plays with GKI... not even the better club ranking players... but if you are buying a blade and 2 rubbers within a budget of $2 dollars (90 INR) in 1980, GKI and Shield (a chinese company) were only 2 options. 

Indian companies are champion in fudging consumer reviews ... they may not have even seen bryce ... forget about tenergy or ESN tensors. 

So if you still feel bad that you are being denied some great innovation in table tennis science.... my apologies to you.  and best wishes to ship it from India... 

LOL LOL LOL
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/01/2011 at 9:05pm
Thanks for saving us all our money debraj. Cheers!

PTTC VP - 2011-12
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2011 at 1:28am
@debraj:- I agree completely with what you have to say. But, there is this one rubber from GKI that is definitely top notch when it comes to performance. It's name is GKI Euro Chelonz. Trust me, when i say that it is better than some of the top ESN rubbers out there in the market right now.
Coming to the point that no one in Indian league plays with GKI rubber is a myth. I have seen so many junior players playing with Euro Chelonz and liking it that i have to disagree on that point. Forgot to mention the fact that even Chelonz is ESN made LOL
However, GKI Euro-XX is definitely a piece of junk!!! LOL

Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
2wingloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2wingloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2011 at 8:26am
Hey i jus came across this post ........ and yeah the GKI  Euro Chelonz is an awesome rubber....somethin really unexpected to come outta GKI!! It can compete with any of the good esn rubbers coming out!! I think one of u guys (or a lot of u guys) should try this rubber once atleast to review it!!
Having said that all other GKI products are crap except for a few beginner/recreational premade paddles (kung-fu , dragon ,etc)!!
Stiga O.C WRB/Donic Coppa JO Gold (FH)/Yasaka Mark V (BH)

Stiga O.C WRB/Donic Coppa X1(Turbo) Platin(FH)/Xiom Vega Europe (BH)
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2011 at 12:26pm
2wingloop:- Just to add to what you said...Chelonz also gets manufactured at ESN. Donic folks in Europe got it checked with ESN and ESN responded back saying that Chelonz is almost as good, in fact slightly better than Donic Coppa JO Platin. This information comes from a very reliable source in Donic, India.

Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2011 at 1:09pm
anubhav... definitely you should be right. becoz as i said in my post... my data is 5 years old. so looks like GKI also got a esn rubber in their kitty. lot of regional companies get couple rubbers manufactured by esn... so that's definitely an improvement from what india was 5 years back. 
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
dudeencorenumb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudeencorenumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2011 at 3:38am
GKI Rubbers are pretty good .....Try chelonz
iliketurtles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliketurtles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by TheRobot99 TheRobot99 wrote:

I was on Table Tennis DB today and decided to look for a rubber with a high throw. I came across the GKI Euro-XX (which is rated with the highest throw on that site) and the reviews are very positive as well. Not to mention there are 24 of them (at this time) so it's probably quite accurate.

Can anyone give some more info on this rubber as well as where it can be ordered?

Just letting you know, there are 11 reviews on tabletennisdb.com.

The throw angle is rated at 5, speed and spin at 8 and 8.2 respectively, and control at 6.8. 

That tells me that somebody(s) spammed the product 13 times to make it look better, and those ratings were probably removed.

You should also consider that all the short reviews were from anonymous sources.

And also, that apex sports site will start shipping worldwide in 2 days. 
1-Ply AH NWC - Butterfly Spin Art - Juic 999 Turbo
Tube Carbo - Andro Hexer HD - Donic Acuda S1 Turbo
Just waiting for the 999 Turbo...
kaushalendra View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaushalendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2017 at 2:29am
Hi Guys,

I used to be state level player in year 1988, then I left playing TT and resumed back in late 2016.

I prepared the bat with the following:
- Joola Carbon Blade 
- Yasaka Mark V as back hand
- GKI - Chelonz as forehand. 

The sports store seller recommended me "GKI - Chelonz". When I started playing with "GKI - Chelonz" rubber my feedback are as follows:
- I found it five times better than "Yasaka Mark V" as Chelonz's control is excellent, spin is better, speed is better.
- While cutting the rubber after pasting I found cutting "Chelonz" rubber was much easier as compared to Mark-V.
- The Chelonz is much tacky then Mark-V but not too much tacky as well, it is good for service and top spin.
- Looping is very good as compared to Mark-V.

Thanks - for reading my review.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic