Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Review: Donic persson power carbon \

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: Donic persson power carbon \
    Posted: 03/12/2011 at 6:43am
well guys so here we go im gonna share some reviews of my blade to you [Donic persson power carbon senso v1] Note: Im hitting with this just for 3 months only Wink

Blade Ply: 7+ 2 carbon layers
OFF+ blade 
6mm thickness

The blade is fast. Stiff but when playing its like not stiff at all, have a great control and feeling and when attacking its like soft and easy to loop with. Hitting with the blade with great power is like hitting a wood, good sound and have a large sweet spot. This could suit for agressive loopers who like more speed with a great spin without sacrificing control. 

Handle could sound a bit hollow and you could also feel the vibration on your finger or on your hand which is great for me also.

Perfect control... perfect feeling Clap

Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)
FH:    Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH:   Andro Rasant Grip

Sponsored Links

EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2011 at 1:00pm

Yep, thats what DONIC design the blade for.   Senso, Feel for good control.  thats the reason why the handle is hollow.   I like the DPPC but I love the DONIC Burn OFF more.  Thats my preference...Wink

Edited by EZRO - 03/12/2011 at 1:02pm
Blade: Butterfly Photino and Keyshot light
FH: DONIC Baracuda / Tenergy 64 and 05
BH: 802-40/1 and Raystorm
DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
BH Kokutaku 110 Medium Pip
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2011 at 6:34am
Donic produces great handles for the players feel. So that whenever they hit the ball they would sense it if they produce great hit. DPPC was just recommended by a friend from cebu but so far i liked it because of the great speed, sound and control :)
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)
FH:    Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH:   Andro Rasant Grip

Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2016 at 11:00am
Let me bump it.

Can someone else can talk about this blade?
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2016 at 11:55am
This is one of the first blades I tried after the glue ban back in 2008. I used to play with P700 back in time and it was basically a P700 + 2 fleece carbon on it. Felt very stiff and fast. Didn't like it with hard rubbers but with 45º both sides it is fantastic. Stable, stiff, fast and yet thin and well balanced. Good blade for its price.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2016 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

This is one of the first blades I tried after the glue ban back in 2008. I used to play with P700 back in time and it was basically a P700 + 2 fleece carbon on it. Felt very stiff and fast. Didn't like it with hard rubbers but with 45º both sides it is fantastic. Stable, stiff, fast and yet thin and well balanced. Good blade for its price.

Thank you Monteiro.

Can you compare it to BTY Mazunov?

I'm not familiar with modern blades so I'm trying a few not so expensive carbon and composite blades with good reviews before I spend my money on a definite and probably more expensive blade.

Edited by Nasche - 05/03/2016 at 2:57pm
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2016 at 7:56am
Mazunov is thicker, harder, faster, heavier and stiffer compared to PPC. Mazunov is a beast..

PPC is a standard swedish 7 ply blade, based on old Person Power Speed, reinforced with 2 fleece carbon that add a little more speed and sweet spot keeping the allwood feel. 
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 12:08am

Mazunov is thicker, harder, faster, heavier and stiffer compared to PPC. Mazunov is a beast.

Got the Donic Persson Power Carbon today with a Rasant Powergrip FH and Rakza 7 BH.

The description above was perfect, my old Mazunov is thicker, harder, faster, so much heavier and stiffer. I didn't like it with tensor rubbers since it became too heavy.

DPPC is lighter, well balanced, still fast, has a larger sweet spot and to my surprise has a great feel for a carbon blade. I have big hands and the Donic 102mm anatomic handle felt great. I had a good time with this blade since the first moment. It has a good dwell time, lifting backspin with powergrip was really easy and the loops had a great amount of spin. This combo has enough power to kill points and still has pretty decent control.

My backhand rubber on this blade is a Rakza 7 an easy rubber to play here. It doesn't have anything special, but has good speed, good spin and is easy to clear the net with it. I didn't try to change sides because Powergrip was so natural and efficient in my forehand that I'll keep it there. I don't think Powergrip is a low throw rubber as described in some reviews, you can adjust your stroke to have a nice arc, I think it's a mid throw rubber.

Good combo, easy to play close to the table and mid distance. I didn't have the opportunity to counter loop or play away from the table training today.

------------------------------------------------------

Updating after a few weeks switching between this blade and a BTY Viscaria.

DPPC is definitely underrated.

The AN handle is great for someone with big hands like me, it has very good control for a carbon blade and it is fast when you hit hard. Senso V1 feels so good with a lot of feedback, but without undesirable vibrations, the short game is great, the blade is so stable. Looping close to the table is easy, opening loops are secure and it's great for hitting. Pushing short or long is also easy and so is blocking. Counter looping away from the table is where you don't have a lot of time to "grab" the ball, adjusting something on the fly may not be possible and that is where I think Viscaria shines over DPPC.

Very good blade for it's price, I'm really satisfied.

Edited by Nasche - 05/14/2016 at 6:22pm
shogrran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shogrran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2016 at 7:50am
I'm sorry if I'm resurrecting this thread. But I'm really confused right now. I OWN a Donic Persson Power Carbon blade.... but it's NOT SENSO. Why can't I find ANYWHERE that this blade exists? Every time I google, the SENSO version is the one that comes up!
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2016 at 4:15am
Maybe you have the last piece of Friday's shift ,the worker was already considerably exhausted after a long week and not paying much attention to what kind of possession has a use :) 
By the way, it's a great blade ! Now I bought ,if it was in the menu without senso as you have . When you're giving away , please me pm.
 At the time of the celluloid ball, I played one season with this blade . Tibhar EL-P on the front side and the Gewo Nanoflex 45 on the back side . Not crazy fast ,but excellent control at the table and very uncomfortable for the opponent after all of the pages . The only drawback for me was that it had a very heavy head . With the advent of the plastic ball it's so interesting to me it wasn't , so I gave it away . A week ago, I again tried this knife and put there to test Xiom Omega III Euro . Played it fantastically . Unfortunately, after two evenings of me almost dropped the wrist . Is for me very balanced in the head and hand in a lot of pain ,so with him I can't play . Otherwise really perfect versatile blade ,a beautiful sentiment , I'm just sorry that they don't do the full version of the possession .
W.
Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2016 at 12:53pm

Mazunov is thicker, harder, faster, heavier and stiffer compared to PPC. Mazunov is a beast..

PPC is a standard swedish 7 ply blade, based on old Person Power Speed, reinforced with 2 fleece carbon that add a little more speed and sweet spot keeping the allwood feel. 

How is compared to clipper?
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2016 at 10:54am
If you are more of a blocker , find the Clipper much easier to play .
 If you are looking for the blade for more spin , go Person Power Carbon .
 Clipper said I would quicker with less throw
Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2016 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Wolf Wolf wrote:

<span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px;">If you are more of a blocker , find the Clipper much easier to play .</span>
<span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px;"> If you are looking for the blade for more spin , go Person Power Carbon .</span>
<span style="font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px;"> Clipper said I would quicker with less throw</span>

But i m looking for something with better quality bit thinner. I have 2 clipper that look the same one faster than the other
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic