Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Fast Arc G-1 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2014 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Originally posted by regiz.rugenz regiz.rugenz wrote:

Just bought S1 from a fellow club member and a dealer. Llike he said Fast Arc is so soft, indeed it was but really blazing fast . he told me that G1 is even softer. I dont know why on this thread t is nentioned as Hard.

Both topsheet and sponge are too soft I cant use it on my forehand.. slightly rolling a roller while gluing would easily expand the rubber. But yes, it is blazing fast, explossive on my JRE and catapults like a Rasant or Express1 on steroid.. its now on my bh.

Wow, this is quite different from what I experienced when I tested the S-1 last weekend. I tested it on my Hercules blade instead of my usual Tenergy 05. Here my impressions in a nut shell (my level is around USATT 1900):
- topsheet similar in hardness to T05, sponge softer but not as soft as for example Vega Europe; I did like the sponge, not too soft
- topsheet seems more grippy than T05 on touching it or rubber a ball over it
- more spin than T05 in serves and on pushes; very nice!
- less spin and arc on looping than T05
- slightly slower than T05 but plays similarly linear; not as bouncy as other ESN rubbers (I like linear rubbers like T05)
- more control and touch in short game than T05; easier to play in that department
- better and more controlled for smashing but that is not a very important category for me'
- blocking was very controlled in warm-up without much adjustment but I had problems here in matches; not sure why, maybe instinctively still the wrong blade angle (too used to T05)
- I played very well with S-1 in practice matches without doing any drills before and beat 5 different guys 1700-1900 all matches 3-0; guys had more problems than usual with my serves!; nice rubber, easy to play with
Conclusion: I liked playing with it; better spin in serves and pushes than T05; better control in short game; T05 has more power and dynamic on looping

Hey, in order to consider your review reliable please tell me why do you consider t05 as being a linear rubber, you said you like that very much. Thanks
Sponsored Links

Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2014 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by adishorul adishorul wrote:

Hey, in order to consider your review reliable please tell me why do you consider t05 as being a linear rubber, you said you like that very much. Thanks
So you reckon my review could NOT be reliable? Wink
I consider T05 as being linear when looking at power input to speed output ratio. I do not see T05 as a bouncy or "catapulty" rubber, but it is a fast rubber. Some of the ESN rubbers (e.g. Vega Europe but I have not tested all of them) react in a very non-linear fashion which means that they are very slow (and appear very controlled) on low power input shots (like slow pushes or light counters) but then all of a sudden they explode and generate high speed on stronger power input. I do not like that personally but understand that some people do.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2014 at 6:53pm
Tenergy05 is not a linear rubber - it gives more speed and spin than a linear rubber would give  on slow small strokes... if you want to feel what linear is try a Sriver, Mark V or similar rubber. 50% energy give 50% speed and power.... and spin is generated when an attempt is made to generate it... with Tenergy spin is generated on almost every hit and stoke. This is a good thing for some and a bad thing for others - depends...each player has his own limit of non-linearity. I remember my chinese friends in the 90's saying Sriver and Mark V were way too catapulty and non linear / bouncy not good for short game... as they played with Chinese rubbers... People used to start training with Sriver 1.8mm because 2.0 would be too non linear and lose control... now sriver is regarded as the highest possible control... we have forgotten what linearity and control are!
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2014 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Clarence247 Clarence247 wrote:

Tenergy05 is not a linear rubber - it gives more speed and spin than a linear rubber would give  on slow small strokes... if you want to feel what linear is try a Sriver, Mark V or similar rubber.
Of course you are right to some extend but I was not comparing T05 to a Barna pimpled rubber. Wink I think that a T05 plays a lot more linear than most of the ESN rubbers which are much more bouncy or "catapulty".
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2014 at 6:30am
I have T05 which is bouncy and play like a tensor and also T05 which is quite normal and linear. May be a few reglue will make it go faster.
I have G1 (Cpen FH) and S1 (Cpen RPB and SH BH). G1 is harder, but far from Chinese hard. Pretty linear including speed and throw. S1 on the other hand is quite explosive as some said. Very soft to the touch and full on glue effect when hitting hard. Very fast and high throw. Not quite an easy to handle RPB rubber for me. Fits better as shakehand backhand. Also works great for forehand if you like it soft.

Edited by TurboZ - 09/07/2014 at 6:30am
strongpong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongpong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2014 at 9:17pm
I used G1 for a few months and liked it very much.

I played a few weeks with it unboosted and it produces very spinny loops (slow/medium speed, high arcing), excellent short game and serves, but I had to work hard for speed. Feel was a bit dull also with the hard sponge.

Boosted it with a medium thick layer of Falco long and - wow! The rubber came to life. The sponge boosted beautifully to give controllable speed when sinking the ball into it, plus excellent feeling of contact. I could still choose when to engage/not-engage the sponge so the short game did not suffer at all, slow loops where still easy. The power delivery is very linear when boosted - great control.

After some time using it, the best shots I was producing where using a semi-brushing and driving stroke that produced insane arc and speed. A full-blooded swing with side spin/top spin would bend away from opponents and hit the barriers, all in the blink of an eye. Some of the best loops i've hit have been with this rubber. Snappy, crisp, powerful.

Just to add my 2 cents worth, I find Tenergy to be one of the least linear rubbers. It's either touch shots for the short game which are fine, or all out attack to maintain control of the ball. Any stroke inbetween, the catapault of the sponge takes over the shot and adds extra speed. A lot of balls go long with Tenergy unless a high level of touch is maintained. I know many people that have tried Tenergy, love their loops with it, and then give it away because controlling the ball is more difficult than most other rubbers.

Fastarc G1 was definately better in this regard, I could play any speed of loop I wanted with equal control and predictable output. Can soft block and punch block with equal ease. Good on FH and BH by the way.

I wore my sheet out and went back to T80 because my sheet of fastarc weighed 52g - too heavy for my liking. Maybe I just got an unusually heavy one! Don't know. If I could get 2 sheets at 46-47g each I would be all over it like a rash.

Think i'll get another sheet anyway.

vishal_dindoyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vishal_dindoyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2014 at 8:08am
Nice to hear that it reacts positively to boosting!
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 12:45am
@distantstar

1. hardness is about the same. s2p felt maybe slightly softer bc of the greater thickness. (G-1 max is 2.0)
2. G-1 was easier to spin with but s2p's max spin is higher i think - the kick is bigger. 
3. G-1 is easier to control the arc. s2p's trajectory comes out more linear with a longer trajectory as it's faster.

both can be played close though S2P would be more suited to speed(attacker/topspin counter) and G-1 to spin control (3rd ball attack/controlled looping). 
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 12:50am
One of my good friends has been using one of the Fast Arc rubbers, and the sponge seemed to get softer and mushier after a couple weeks. For some, this might be good . . . others bad. 
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 1:09am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

One of my good friends has been using one of the Fast Arc rubbers, and the sponge seemed to get softer and mushier after a couple weeks. For some, this might be good . . . others bad. 

this is true. i liked it though bc when new, 47.5 deg is quite hard. i prefer it most after a few days. i think that happens to all esn rubbers though. same with VP, S2, BF, etc. after awhile, they get noticeably softer. otherwise, like mentioned above, boosting will liven it up and make it easier to grip. i did prev. but decided not to this time bc boosting makes it too fast and i don't want both sides tenergy-like (coming from h3 fh). my technique has also improved since and while difficult, i can loop as it is right off the bat. it is very "unforgiving" though.

Edited by kurokami - 09/22/2014 at 1:12am
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2014 at 12:18pm

Tenergy05 is not a linear rubber - it gives more speed and spin than a linear rubber would give  on slow small strokes... if you want to feel what linear is try a Sriver, Mark V or similar rubber. 50% energy give 50% speed and power.... and spin is generated when an attempt is made to generate it... with Tenergy spin is generated on almost every hit and stoke. This is a good thing for some and a bad thing for others - depends...each player has his own limit of non-linearity. I remember my chinese friends in the 90's saying Sriver and Mark V were way too catapulty and non linear / bouncy not good for short game... as they played with Chinese rubbers... People used to start training with Sriver 1.8mm because 2.0 would be too non linear and lose control... now sriver is regarded as the highest possible control... we have forgotten what linearity and control are!

+1, To me T05 isn't very linear. 1Q series is very linear. Everyone has their own perceptions on this subject. Control is subjective to every player also. Find what works best for your game and forget all the spin/speed ratings the manufacturers throw out there. One of the best loops I ever produced was with a hardbat...go figure that one out ha.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2014 at 4:20am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

+1,  

Find what works best for your game and forget all the spin/speed ratings the manufacturers throw out there. One of the best loops I ever produced was with a hardbat...go figure that one out ha.  

+2 on that.
For after decades of seeking for truth, plus almost a year of EJieng.. ALAS!!!

Likewise, I just figured for myself lately what really works best for me in my game. For a while I've been inclined of using semi hard rubbers on my FH as I find more power in them on all of my offensive strokes and that soft rubbers feel mushy and weak. I had been dependent of rubber's ratings and relied deeply upon their strength in hope that my power loops would be at the utmost level and have always high hopes I would be a strong counter looper from far off the table.

Well, I found out just lately, that my fh actually plays very well and a lot better on softy rubbers that I've always thought mushy. Of course we all know they are a lot easier to play with, but I never thought I would actually like playing with it and likewise feel so content.. I didn't even wanted to try them at all, not a chance.  I've always felt that my game would be weak and I won't play as challenging to my opponents.

And so after decades of seeking for truth, and almost a year of rigorous EJieng.. ALAS!!! I'm finally home.

I guess now I only have to admit for myself that I'm actually better off as a Two-Winged Looper than an aggressive all-rounder that has been always my preferred style.. And now with a new style, that I've always thought boring, second to a defender type, turned out to be what I should have been sculpting all my games into.

I am now a happy Looper.. and sooo loving it! WINK WINK! Wink

CHEERS!

Edited by regiz.rugenz - 09/24/2014 at 6:11am
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 11:58pm
testing alhelg soon. according to mfg specs, it's same as G-1 but faster, spinnier, slightly softer. sounds awesome other than the name

Edited by kurokami - 03/29/2015 at 11:59pm
Viscaria
H3N/T05
BB-Big View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB-Big Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 12:10am
Hope you like Alhelg. But it will give you a lot different feel from Fastarc. For me Alhelg is the best rubber that produce from Japanese factory that produce Stiga Airoc and Calibra. Fastarc are from ESN. ESN rubbers in general offer better spin. But you will find a new sense of control and gear from the Alhelg.
PS. Nittaku has changed the rating system of all their new rubbers according to the new ball.
regiz.rugenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regiz.rugenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 3:06am
Sounds interesting. I've read from a review at OOAK forum that it's fast like the FastArc S1 but spinier. I've used S1 and I myself could say it was blazingly fast. and so now Alheig, darn when am I gonna stop from Ejieng.. Ouch Thumbs Up
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 4:08pm
testing it unboosted side by side with t64, s-1 is still noticeably slower but boosted was absolutely amazing.

boosted S-1 is like... speed-glued bryce
Viscaria
H3N/T05
m123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2017 at 10:02pm
hi all. I'm just curious to know but I feel like fast arc s-1 Nitakku isn't fast enough even though it is the speedy one and that's why it's called s-1. should I use booster on it. will it make it faster or more spinny by any chance or will it just degrade the rubber (sponge abd/or topsheet). if boosting does enhance the rubber, how many layers of falco temo long booster should I apply? thnxs in advance for the advice guys
Feng Shuei
NBSR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NBSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2018 at 11:11pm
What type of blade would this rubber be most compatible with? (eg carbon vs all-wood [maybe also type of wood], soft vs hard outerply, flexy vs nonflexy) Thanks in advance.
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2018 at 12:20am
I'm using it on my Wanokiwami AO too and I love it so much Smile
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic