FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku hammond pro beta?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
spinnmaster View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinnmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku hammond pro beta?
    Posted: 03/31/2011 at 8:56am
Have anyone tryed this rubber? how does it play?
Sponsored Links

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by spinnmaster spinnmaster wrote:

Have anyone tryed this rubber? how does it play?

It is like a VOC speed glued Sriver EL. 
Medium-soft sponge.
Slightly slower than T64 and Calibra LT. 
Medium throw angle, lower than T64, higher than Calibra LT.
Good spin, slightly less than T64 but more than Calibra LT.
Blocks, short game, service return is better than T64 and Calibra LT.
It looks very durable but I'm not sure. Made in Japan, of course. 
Excellent backhand rubber, opens the game with looping very easily and counter hits and blocks very well.
It is used by Wang Liquin on b/h.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Asaomi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 3:52pm
I thought it was a very poor backhand rubber....
Dead sponge and slick topsheet without any sound. Little spin as well.
Butterfly Viscaria
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Stiga Calibra Sound
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 7:46pm
http://tenergy05.com/rubbers/hammond-pro-beta-review-day-1-tenergy-killer-different-sense 

i wrote this review.. but stopped playing the rubber as the grip deteriorated pretty soon and openings sufferred.

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
cls2222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cls2222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 8:20pm
I don't think he is using it now. I saw a documentary in which it showed all the Chinese National team players just just chillin and they happened to get a glimpse of the players gluing on their rubbers. Wang liqin was gluing on a Tenergy rubber.
Korbel
Stiga Boost TX   

atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 8:30pm
Good rubber, relatively high throw and spinny compared with Tenergy series, sponge is a liittle too soft but easy to control as well as loop. Quite durable so far (6 monthes).

YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2011 at 10:10pm
I would agree it's a balanced bh rubber, probably fits better on blades with harder outer ply or carbon
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
spinnmaster View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinnmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 12:18am
THANK YOU FOR THE REPLYES!
Gustau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gustau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 9:05am
Does anybody know the weight (per cm2) of this rubber? 
I like the descriptions I have read so far, and I think it would go well with my new OSP Expert All+, but I do not like head-heavy bats. Alternatively, would you say Sinus Sound would be a good/better option? (looking for light, spinny and with good control).
bibigon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibigon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 9:27am
my red max sheet is 0.196 g/cm2
It is soft and light, bouncy to some extent, throw is comparable to Mark V slightly higher maybe. I liked it on OSP V- bh.
Viscaria light; BH: Baracuda 2.0; FH: H3NP 38° black
Gustau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gustau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 2:35pm
Cool, that sounds light enough. What did you have on your forehand at the time?

I am actually thinking of combining: Tibhar Sinous Sound forehand, Nittaku Hammond beta backhand. My only doubt is that the backhand would be heavier than the forehand, normally people have the weights the other way round. Do you think this would be detrimental for racket balance?
nikk64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikk64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 3:35pm
NHpB is lighter than Sinous Sound, but the two are similar in speed, torque and stiffness. Ideal rubber for BH, if you play a style similar WL powerful FH and BH block. Use blade with flex, does not play well with hard and stiff blades
Butterfly Boll Tricarbon off , FH- Armstrong Attack 8 PZC-SP EX-X- 4.0 , RPB-Butterfly Tenergy 80-FX- max
video-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0vx5
Gustau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gustau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2012 at 3:52pm
That sounds just about perfect, then; the OSP All+ does have a reputation for being a very flexy blade, so it should work well. We'll see about that, then.
If the weights are comparable, the decission is made; I think that the Sinus Sound has high throw that would be handy for my forehand, and the Hammond pro is low throw and good for backhand. I will pair them and see how it goes...
Thanks to all for your feedack!
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2012 at 2:48am
Originally posted by Gustau Gustau wrote:

That sounds just about perfect, then; the OSP All+ does have a reputation for being a very flexy blade, so it should work well. We'll see about that, then.
If the weights are comparable, the decission is made; I think that the Sinus Sound has high throw that would be handy for my forehand, and the Hammond pro is low throw and good for backhand. I will pair them and see how it goes...

I think you will like it.
I'm also considering to use Hammond Pro B again on my b/h.

InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2013 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Originally posted by Gustau Gustau wrote:

I think you will like it.
I'm also considering to use Hammond Pro B again on my b/h.

I am thinking of replacing T64 BH for the time being with NHpB just to see how it plays on a nittakku blade ; 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2013 at 12:09am
NHpB is more of all round rubber compared to a looping style like t64.if you hits more than loop, you may like it. Nittaku is good in producing Light and all round rubbers.
Gustau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gustau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2013 at 3:43am
I have just started playing with it and I like it. It is indeed a very allround rubber, good for looping but also capable of short play and even chopping. It is more controllable (more feedback, I guess also a tad slower) than the Tibhar Sinus Sound that I have on my forehahd.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2013 at 9:48pm
There is no way Sinus Sound is faster than Hammond Pro Beta. If anything, it has a little higher throw.
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2013 at 1:16am
i just ordered a hammond pro beta in red 1.9 for my backhand after using tenergy for the last year solid on the BH. Before Tenergy, used Hammond X 1.9 and then 2.1. I remember getting a lot of success and use out of Hammond X. They last about the same as a tenergy, maybe a little less easy to tear. 

Hammond X was a wonderful backhand rubber. Tenergy is great and all, but with less practice lately, I'm looking for something a little less great. :) 

The only pro player who I think is using Beta is Chan Kazuhiro on BH, and his BH is about as ridiculous as it gets. Sick drives and counters. 
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2013 at 10:57pm
I like this rubber for backhand quite a bit; good for flicks, pushes, blocks and hits, I am not sure about slow loops, rather not, maybe on a flex blade... 
I recently purchased two NHProBetas, red and black, both in 2.1. There is a difference in performance: the black is lighter and softer (nicer), the red is heavier and somewhat harder. I shelved the red sheet...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
zheyi View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zheyi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/07/2013 at 6:09am
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

There is no way Sinus Sound is faster than Hammond Pro Beta. If anything, it has a little higher throw.
Just slightly slower due to more grippy topsheet. they are really close.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 7:37pm
is anybody knows why is says thickness 1.9-2.2mm? what thickness I will get if I buy it?
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2013 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

is anybody knows why is says thickness 1.9-2.2mm? what thickness I will get if I buy it?

What do you mean? You can buy either 1.9 or 2.1:

Do other vendors describe the rubber in other terms?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2013 at 7:41am

yes.
here

Edited by piligrim - 12/15/2013 at 7:42am
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2013 at 11:39am

yes.
here

You know, this is interesting, now as you mentioned this.
I use this rubber a lot and I did have sheets that were thicker than the 1.9 I like. I even contacted Jim at PP, but the conclusion was that this is normal. I think it is. After some time of playing (say 3-4 sessions, the 1.9 looks like a real 1.9 now (slowly becomes a bit thinner). I think it is the sponge material variability due to some volatile tuning, and depending how old the sheet is. Importantly, after the break-in, all are consistently the same, in my experience.
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2013 at 7:08pm
I found this explanation of the thickness conundrum over at OOAK Forums, here -- 

Originally posted by MildSeven MildSeven wrote:

......I also should clarify that the Jasupo[.com version] uncut 61g is for what they call "thick" in japan which is 1.9-2.1, while there is a "super thick" version which is the max offered.  I have the super thick version.......

Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic