FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

RITC-729 A1 Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tael View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RITC-729 A1 Review
    Posted: 04/01/2011 at 12:47pm
OK here is my review after playing for a couple of hours with the new blade.

RITC-729 A1
Composition: Limba, Spruce, Ayouse core.
Rating: Off
Thickness: 6.2
Weight: 90g

FH: SanWei Gears 2.0
BH: Gambler Shadow 2.0

Construction

The blade seems to be well made, specially for the price  ($25 at tabletennisonly.com). No rough edges, nice finish.
The handle could be a little thicker for my taste.

Playability

First, I was really happy to see how much more control I have with this new setup.
It really made a difference to see that most of my loops stay on the table. It is slower
than OFF, probably OFF- but that is exactly what I was looking for. A little less speed and more control.

I am fairly new to club level play, not sure what my rating is but I am guessing somewhere between 1100 and 1200. I like playing off the table, driving and looping taking initiative early in the points. Players that use a lot of spin in their blocks (or chops or service) give me some of trouble.

The blade has a nice feel to it. It feels soft without a lot of vibration. It feels like the ball stays on the blade longer.
When I hit hard it sounds like the wood is cracking, kinda nice sound.

Looping FH and BH has been the biggest improvement. I feel a lot more confident of my ability
to execute these shoots. Probably because of the added control. With my old setup I found myself holding back because I was afraid my shots were going to be long.
Blocks and pushes are also easier, even thou I still need some work on this area, I wont blame the
blade for my shortcomings here.
The one adjustment I felt I had to make was the counter drives from far off the table. I now had to put a little more power to make them effective. Not a big deal, just took some time to adjust.

I only have one other setup to which I can compare this one. My palio TNT-1 with G3-fx FH and Stiga Mendo Energy BH, which was really to fast for my level. I kinda which I had started with the new set up... but it is OK, someday I expect to graduate to faster setup like that, so I will hold on to it.

In conclusion, I believe this is a great blade for control loop players having problems with consistency and looking for a much more control oriented OFF blade. This will be my main setup from now on.

I hope this helps.

Waldner Senso Carbon
FH: 729 Focus III Snipe 2.1/42
BH: Galaxy Moon 2.1/38

RITC-729 A1
Sponsored Links

walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 12:53pm
awesome!!
ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2011 at 12:54pm
Very nice and thorough review.  Thnx for sharing.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2011 at 7:56pm
I couldn't resist adding one of these to my cart on eacheng yesterday. I'm only buying something-spruce-ayous-spruce-something blades at the moment so I'll see how I like this one. Also after years of thinking about using a YEO as my main blade I finally ordered one of those the other day also
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2011 at 8:16pm
spruce has such a nice tone
TaFei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2011 at 7:42am
Keep up the great reviews.
BTW  at eacheng 729 bats are classified into Series A, C, F, L, V, W, Z .
Could someone kindly explain what they mean ? TIA
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2011 at 12:06pm
Well the A series are 729's Stiga type blades of the Stiga OC (A-1) and the A-2 is a 7 ply kind of hybrid OC/Clipper. The A-5 is another variation on the classic 7 ply with different woods.

The C series are 3 budget allround 5 plys, all similar but the C-1 (ALL) is slightly more expensive and I guess made from a little better wood than the C-2 (ALL+) and C-3 (ALL++).

The Z-1 is the high end version of the OC/A-1. I guess just made from nicer grades of wood or glue. or could be just the same, who knows.

There doesn't seem to be any common ground in the L, V and F series but I'm sure most of them are very good blades. W1 is the defence blade, that one looks really nice. From what I can gather on Chinese sites the L-5 is very popular, which is again very similar to a clipper

Edited by bluebucket - 05/21/2011 at 12:10pm
TaFei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 1:21am
Thanks bluebucket.

Anyone played with DHS Hurricane WLQ (not the King model) ? I tried my friend's and I like the feel very much. I could feel the ball going thru the rubber, hitting the wood and bouncing out with very good control.
 Does any 729 have a blade with a similar feel? TIA
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 1:54am
TaFei, that's the exact reason exactly why I'm experimenting with the spruce based (2nd ply) blades. The way the ball hits them once the sponge bottoms kind of stabilises everything before releasing the ball and offers super control, I'm hoping with this kind of blade I can use thinner sponges, miss less shots and really take my game to another level. Because it's kind of a dead feel you get more control again but they are flexible so you can still get the speed from long range.

What I'm not sure about is which blade is going to be the best so I'm going to get a few types with different outer plys. I have a hurricane king but it's a little bit thin and not quite what I'm looking for. The DHS Hurricane WL looks similar to what I think should work well, not sure why it's listed as "meranti" wood since it looks like spruce.  

I don't have one to compare with the A-1 when I get it but I will let you know how the A-1 goes, of all the 729 blades that one should be the closest. I'm pretty excited about the YEO because I've wanted one of them for a very long time, I'm not sure how the walnut will make it play but I'll soon find out, probably half way between a normal spruce blade and the stiga rosewood I guess
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 2:19am

H-WL is faster and stiffer than HK, a little bit head-heavy, a looping machine with H2/H3, pref. 2.0 and 1.8. Unfortunately, these rubbers can be found only in Japan, so the price is ocrresponding.

TaFei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TaFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 3:14am
After I played with my friend's Hurricane WL, I never looked at tt bats the same way again. I didn't know there could be such a big difference. I hope 729 has a similar one at least in feel, I'm dying for one and for sure with 729 I don't have to pay a bomb for it.
Thanks bluebucket, do let me know if you find one, may not necessarily be 729 but hopefully cost in the low range. Rgs.

Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

TaFei, that's the exact reason exactly why I'm experimenting with the spruce based (2nd ply) blades. The way the ball hits them once the sponge bottoms kind of stabilises everything before releasing the ball and offers super control, I'm hoping with this kind of blade I can use thinner sponges, miss less shots and really take my game to another level. Because it's kind of a dead feel you get more control again but they are flexible so you can still get the speed from long range.

What I'm not sure about is which blade is going to be the best so I'm going to get a few types with different outer plys. I have a hurricane king but it's a little bit thin and not quite what I'm looking for. The DHS Hurricane WL looks similar to what I think should work well, not sure why it's listed as "meranti" wood since it looks like spruce.  

I don't have one to compare with the A-1 when I get it but I will let you know how the A-1 goes, of all the 729 blades that one should be the closest. I'm pretty excited about the YEO because I've wanted one of them for a very long time, I'm not sure how the walnut will make it play but I'll soon find out, probably half way between a normal spruce blade and the stiga rosewood I guess
Phot0n View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phot0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 5:01pm
Thanks for the review of the A1. I also did a review of the A2 on here which is also an excellent blade.

Palio TC6 | Globe 999T FH & BH
Palio TCT | Hadou FH, HK1997 BH
Galaxy T-4 | 729 Focus-II FH & BH
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 6:50pm
This blade sounds like a HK clone.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 7:43pm
It's the same woods as an OC, little bit different to the HK, but close. The HK uses Koto as a first ply. The blade which has the same wood as the HK is the Nittaku wang nan

This picture shows up full size in google search so here it is

Edited by bluebucket - 05/22/2011 at 7:51pm
tael View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2011 at 9:06pm
Hi,

Yes, please let us know what you think about this blade. I am very happy with it. It is my main set up. I did change to Focus III snipe in FH and Galaxy moon in BH (from Sanwei Gears FH and Gambler Shadow BH)... it made a huge difference in my game.
Any way, I do recommend sealing the blade before putting rubbers on. I did not and I had some minor splinters when pulling out the first set of rubbers.

Waldner Senso Carbon

RITC-729 A1
rebus View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2012 at 5:07am
Is there anyone who has blade RITC729 W-1?
I'm interested in blade dimension, so please, help me someone..HugClap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic