Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Looking for control blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sentenza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentenza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2011 at 4:52pm
Joola Eagle Medium, High control, good speed, low price.

Sponsored Links

matija1312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matija1312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2012 at 12:21pm
hi everyone, i just want to ask you something about butterfly blade Oh Sang Eun and butterfly blade Petr Korbel. which blade is better, has better control and everything?? thanks :)
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2012 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Don't forget the great Yasaka Sweden Classic. A flexible blade with alot of dwell time but not turtle slow like the Grubba Pro. Paired with Mark V 1.8 is perfect control for all shots.Thumbs Up
+1  I own one that I got from Tabletennis11.com for just $19.  Great blade, 86g, slightly head-heavy.  Very similar to Donic Allplay
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
Mahmood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahmood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2012 at 1:47pm
I am sorry to mention another blade that is not in your list... I don't mean to confuse you or to complicate your desicion, but I really think you should consider Kokutaku Cremrtop.

It's an all-round 5 ply-wood blade.
With a very high-quality finish.
Not very flexy and not too much vibration.

I know Kokutaku is not a very famous brand, some might not even know it, but it's very good, at least Cremrtop.
The price is kinda ok as well, its costs about 40$. But the compensation is in the quality.
I honestly think it's cheap for the quality.

Personaly, I will buy one as soon as I get some cash, it's a keeper.
I havent had the chance to try any of the blades you listed above!

Edited by Mahmood - 11/11/2012 at 1:48pm
Bty Zhang Jike (fl 85gm)

FH: 729 transced (red max)
BH: BlueFire M1 (black Max)
dorfmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dorfmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 7:12pm
I've got a Stiga Allround Classic with Max thickness Mendo Energy rubber. It is my first pro level bat. Actually feels kind of fast and harder to control than the cheap pre-made bats I had used before.
Aquaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 7:48pm
After trying several on the list, I ended up with Stiga Allround Classic and have been using one for a couple of years now, with various rubbers.  Current rubbers are Joola Rhyzm 425 forehand and regular Rhyzm backhand, both 2.0 mm.  I like this set up. 
Blade: Stiga Allround Classic
FH: JOOLA Rhyzm 2.0
BH: JOOLA Rhyzm 425 2.0

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 9:45pm
Might be offtopic, but here;s my two cents.
I'm just speaking from personal experience. Xiom Stradavarious is just perfect for block, push, loop on both wings, as well as chop. Came from a 729 bomb to Strad and immediately saw a difference. Then again theres a 60$ difference between the two.
Theres also hayabusa zxi but seeing your selection of blades, It's probably a better investment once you get further into tt.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 11:28pm
Blades don't have control.  You do.
Play with blades that feel good to you and give you confidence.

Aquaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 1:19am
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Might be offtopic, but here;s my two cents.
I'm just speaking from personal experience. Xiom Stradavarious is just perfect for block, push, loop on both wings, as well as chop. Came from a 729 bomb to Strad and immediately saw a difference. Then again theres a 60$ difference between the two.
Theres also hayabusa zxi but seeing your selection of blades, It's probably a better investment once you get further into tt.
The Stradivarious sounds great.  I may try it sometime when I feel like going back to a faster blade.  As far as getting further into TT, I don't think that's going to happen.  I have been playing for over 45 years, so now it's more like fending off the age factor.  ;-)  And cost wasn't the reason for my blade selection.  I was just looking for a slower, more controllable blade.  I have had (and still do) dozens of faster blades, including the Butterfly Keyshot (original version), Sardius (speed demon), Viscaria, etc.  I just enjoy playing with a slower blade now.  I can swing hard and the ball still lands on the table--it pleasantly surprises me every time.  LOL

Blade: Stiga Allround Classic
FH: JOOLA Rhyzm 2.0
BH: JOOLA Rhyzm 425 2.0

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 8:28am
stiga OC, Adidas Challenge Light, Tibhar Samsonov Alpha, Nexy Peter Pan
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 2:18pm
Good choice, the Stiga Allround Classic is a well balanced blade. Stiga really do have a fantastic reputation for producing blades and it's not hard to see why. Great to hear this blade is working out for you! :)
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by tabletennis11 tabletennis11 wrote:

Good choice, the Stiga Allround Classic is a well balanced blade.

17 years now and still going strong, power when you need it, touch supreme. Needs a fast Rubber for attacking play though.
The Older I get, The better I was.
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 6:37pm
The problem with Stiga's "control" blades ATM is that quality on their current lower end lineup is kinda terrible, esp in the wood chosen. I've gotten ridiculous grain directions/patches/knots.

Supposedly they used to be much better made at Woodhouse before moving on to their factory elsewhere, and it seems Donic/Yasaka's swedish-born counterparts like Allplay are still made at Woodhouse and retain good quality.

I have a bunch of these blades and they're similar enough that picking based on value/money or even handle pref is decent idea. For example, Yasaka (Sweden classic) has smaller FL handle than Donic Allplay, but supposedly thick ST.
TwiddleDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwiddleDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 8:26pm
My back up blade is the Sweden Classic with 1.9 Tenergy 05 on both sides. Doesn't vibrate as much as Stiga all around. Does everything well. The straight handle is quite thin. Very forgiving combination. Easy to smash with.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2015 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by TwiddleDee TwiddleDee wrote:

My back up blade is the Sweden Classic with 1.9 Tenergy 05 on both sides. Doesn't vibrate as much as Stiga all around. Does everything well. The straight handle is quite thin. Very forgiving combination. Easy to smash with.

That's interesting. The Sweden Classic ST. I have has a huge grip. Even fatter than my Stiga Clipper Classic ST.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 5:05pm
Donic Waldner Ultra Senso Carbon (for new 40+ ball).  Amazing control to speed ratio.  Large sweet-spot too.
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic