Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS TIN ARC Review!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
vivianrichardson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivianrichardson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS TIN ARC Review!
    Posted: 03/20/2013 at 11:45am
I have bought some dhs tin arc rubbers from aliexpress as follow:
w*w.aliexpress.com/store/product/Dhs-TinArc-3-rubber-high-elastic-cake-sponge-pimples-in-rubber/919694_802305919.html
Brand dhs
Rubber:
Pimples In
Model Number:
TinArc 3
Sponge type:
thick sponge( stamina )

Color:
Army Green, Sky Blue, Chocolate, orange, Violet, purple, red, yellow
Suitable Play:
Fast attack

Edited by vivianrichardson - 03/20/2013 at 11:47am
life is for future
Sponsored Links

kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2013 at 2:26pm
I use tinarc black on forehand, has anyone used donic bluefire and can compare?
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2013 at 6:09pm
What´s the weight of an uncut TINARC MAX? I´m thinking about going back to regular TA again, didn´t like GA3....Ouch
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 2:25am
Originally posted by janetang janetang wrote:

Maybe you can help me introduce the followers in your TT shopping in LiNing or DHS Tmall Store

Maybe you stop acting as paid agent of DHS, LiNing and TaoBao. Wink
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2012 at 3:51am
Here´s my review of Goldarc 3. Sorry, only spanish spoken for now, but hope it helps.

http://youtu.be/v7v8VPNCKhw
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2012 at 6:26pm
Hi guys!

I had a couple of hours of spare time this eve, so I could test it while.

First feelings:

It has no weird smells like rotten fish as Tinarc.

It´s clearly FASTER an Bouncier than any TINARC SERIES.

Sponge feels a bit harder than regular TINARC.

It excells at driving.  It´s plenty of power at blocking , however It´s no a spin-beast but it spinny enough. I don´t think its spinnier than TINARC, Maybe it´s easier to generate spin with it, but regular Tinarc perhaps was deadlier at brushing  looping.  That  thin layer-coat of covering which keeps some tackiness when brand new TA, definetively it has dissapeared on GA. If TA was something 90% euro/10% Chinese this is 95%- 5%chinese. 
Topsheet feels just like a typical quality euro-jap rubber, it´s some kind of a slower T64 less spinny 

Edited by jonyer1980 - 08/17/2012 at 6:31pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2012 at 10:27am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Jane, are you employed by buychina.com?

No doubt.....as 97% of the postings from jane are about that site.....and she/he brings this up when the post is not even about where to buy something.  Wink

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2012 at 7:06am
Got my new GOLDARC 3 today. Uncut weight 66-67gr. 2.0 37º Version

Sponge is a dense red with tiny pores (smaller pores than regular Tinarc). Topsheet seems so smooth, top quality, made in Japan. It´s very flexible but not as flexible as a Tenergy.

I´ll give you my feedback after a few sessions of practice. I´m dying to give it a try today Wink

Edited by jonyer1980 - 08/17/2012 at 7:09am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2012 at 11:38pm
DHS and lining have a huge following here at my TT.

After a few years with hurricane types, I fondly tried tin arc and have been happy.

Yogi payed 16 euro, but I regularly pay$38 plus shipping.

I am very satisfied with my OSP virtuoso, it its the best OFF-blade I have ever used. It's been two years without switching to another blade.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
chameleon77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chameleon77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2012 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

i was long curious about this rubber so when my coach went to the recent world championships in netherlands i asked him to buy me a dhs tin arc rubber. 

out of the package:
the rubber is a high quality rubber from dhs. no wonder it cost 16 euros. its more expensive than any neo rubbers.. at first glance i was a bit disappointed because i thought it looked like the dhs memo 3 or 2 but then i saw the sponge it reminded me of teh palio thor's sponge - porous and rough. the sponge hardness is about 37-38 degrees by dhs scale. the rubber is lightly tacky only.

i placed it in my ebenholz 7 and when i was cutting it with an office disposable cutter i was a bit disappointed because the sponge is a bit brittle.. i can cut very cleanly on other rubbers.. it reminded me of the sponge brittleness of the lkt black power and almana gray sponges. the thickness of the sponge is 2.2mm

fh to fh & bh to bh:
goodness this is a fast rubber! it is faster than any neo rubbers or the memo rubbers from dhs. what i like about it is its control. you can feel the ball while you are hitting or brushing it.

blocking:
this rubber blocks well on the bh and fh. unlike some other chinese rubbers especially the tacky ones, the ball doesnt go to the net when passively blocking. counter attacks are good with this rubber too.

looping:
this rubber is an attacking rubber and it excels in both looping and loop driving. the angle is about medium throw. what i love about the tin arc is that the loops are very spinny! not as spinny as the neo rubbers but still nevertheless spinny besides its only about 10% less spinny.. the loops produce a low throw spinny ball. over the table loops drives are quite good with this rubber.

pushes and serves:
good amount of spin in serving and pushing. the rubber is not sensitive to incoming spin despite being grippy and slightly tacky..

i would say that i was surprised with the tin arc's performance. i thought it was just an overpriced rubber but it was well worth it. was even worth more than its price. it reminds of acuda s3 but lighter, faster and a tad spinnier. not only that but its very controllable on fast bladesand its very affordable!. only one thing i can describe about the tin arc rubber - I FEEL IN LOVE WITH IT!!!!!.. 

speed - if tenergy 64 is a 10 i would rate tin arc as an 8.5
spin - if tenergy 05 is a 10 i would rate tin arc as 9.0
control - 8.0.

recommendations:
rubber for advanced players but can be handled by developing players as well. i would put this on an off or off- blade for better balance..

note: sorry for the poor pic quality since i was using my celphone.

hope you will try this rubber guys you will not get disappointed with it!

hi yogi_bear...nice review, how much did you pay for the Tin Arc?...saying that it is better than the neo's makes me wanna try one out..Big smile

Ma Lin Carbon ST
FH: Acuda S3 max
BH: Joola Turbo 2.0
STIGA Offensive Classic
FH: Acuda S2 max
BH: 802-40 max
DistantStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DistantStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2012 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by sweetstrike sweetstrike wrote:

I tend to agree that any rubber that generates a lot of spin also HAS to have a lot of throw as well. Can't have one without the other.

Explain Hurricane II ;)
Nittaku Acoustic
Xiom Sigma Euro 2.0
Tibhar Genius Sound 2.0
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2012 at 1:53pm
Jane, are you employed by buychina.com?
vclara99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vclara99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2012 at 7:37am
is this the normal TG3, it seems expensive @ $28 per sheet
rubycallrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubycallrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 11:37pm

!!!

Edited by rubycallrey - 08/03/2012 at 11:39pm
rubycallrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubycallrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 11:36pm
Great DHS ARC!

Edited by rubycallrey - 08/03/2012 at 11:38pm
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Which one would you recommend me for my really light acoustic (79gr). I´m using GripS europe on my FH and it´s very heavy.

Pick uncut 60 gr..

But which one is 60gr uncut? Weight vary from batch to batch Hardness/thickness/degrees?

Gold Arc 3 37 deg, 2.0
I have 60 gr uncut and 64 gr Uncut.
The 60 gr has bigger cut, so the 64 gr when cut to Viscaria is 5 gr heavier than the 60 gr...
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 7:50am

Which one would you recommend me for my really light acoustic (79gr). I´m using GripS europe on my FH and it´s very heavy.

Pick uncut 60 gr..

But which one is 60gr uncut? Weight vary from batch to batch Hardness/thickness/degrees?
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 7:20am

Pick uncut 60 gr..
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 6:07am
Originally posted by janetang janetang wrote:

anyone interested in Tin Arc or Tin Arc 3, can buy it here:

http://www.buychina.com/products?keyword=%E5%A4%A9%E5%BC%93%E7%90%83%E6%8B%8D&cid=

or

http://www.buychina.com/products/14448572699

Most of The DHS blades name is " DHS Tin Arc 3  Plue + high elastic & flexible sponge control and rotation".

Have you ever made an orther at that website? It´s pretty cheap, are these TA legit or fake? How long does it take to arrive? I can´t wait 3-4 weeks anymore

Edited by jonyer1980 - 08/03/2012 at 6:08am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 6:04am

Hi Peter,

I have been playing with TA on my BH rubber during a year. Are you comparing it to regular Goldarc or Goldarc 3?

Do you recommend me to switch to Goldarc? Which one is faster? what colour is goldarc´s sponge?

Consider TA is 30$ shipment included on ebay

It's Gold Arc3, The weight of gold arc 3 may very like Tin Arc, so choose light for bigger head size blade or heavier for smaller head size blade.
The heavier feels harder.
Gold arc is faster in every stroke, slow, medium and fast stroke.
It requires less effort to spin the ball compare to Tin arc, so when you're doing BH to BH fast exchange, Tin Arc require longer stroke to provide a spinny loops, when it does, it's more powerful than Gold arc, but Gold arc is faster with less spin.

You may try Gold Arc 3, it's a very good rubber.
Rokphish let Indonesian Pro test Gold arc 3 and Tin Arc, they prefer Gold Arc 3...

When I switch from Tin Arc to gold arc 3, most of my BH loops is long, after several sessions, I begin to like Gold Arc more than Tin Arc, it's more consistent....

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 3:41am

Hi Peter,

I have been playing with TA on my BH rubber during a year. Are you comparing it to regular Goldarc or Goldarc 3?

Do you recommend me to switch to Goldarc? Which one is faster? what colour is goldarc´s sponge?

It's Gold Arc3, The weight of gold arc 3 may very like Tin Arc, so choose light for bigger head size blade or heavier for smaller head size blade.
The heavier feels harder.
Gold arc is faster in every stroke, slow, medium and fast stroke.
It requires less effort to spin the ball compare to Tin arc, so when you're doing BH to BH fast exchange, Tin Arc require longer stroke to provide a spinny loops, when it does, it's more powerful than Gold arc, but Gold arc is faster with less spin.

You may try Gold Arc 3, it's a very good rubber.
Rokphish let Indonesian Pro test Gold arc 3 and Tin Arc, they prefer Gold Arc 3...

When I switch from Tin Arc to gold arc 3, most of my BH loops is long, after several sessions, I begin to like Gold Arc more than Tin Arc, it's more consistent....
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 2:38am
Hi Peter,

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2012 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Gold sounds better than Tin, still nobody is eager to try Gold Arc.

Gold Arc is more consistent, while Tin Arc requires more power to perform a spiny loop.
If you hit it correctly Tin Arc is more spiny, but Gold Arc let you do a consistent spiny loop easier than Tin Arc, more user friendly.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2012 at 7:27am

Gold sounds better than Tin, still nobody is eager to try Gold Arc.

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2012 at 7:13am
Joyner's comments about grip, maintenance and light tack are spot on.

This rubber is more durable than average Tensors.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2012 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by tuco tuco wrote:

3rd week october 2011- 2nd week of June 2012. 

That is a looooooong time for a rubber.  I don't think I have ever played a rubber that long.

How long does the initial tackiness of your TinArc wear off?  Does it play the same after the tackiness wear off?

Consired I can barely train 3h a week and I´m very careful with my gears. It was still quite playable at June, but obviously it had lost 25-30  of its grip.  The key was apply  drops of sweet while you´re playing and after every sesssion, then clean all the dust properly, let the rubber humid, and then press firmly with the protective sheet to cover topsheet to avoid oxidation. You´ll have TA for months!

I wouldn´t call it tacky, just very grippy or barely tacky. It can grab a plastic film easily but it will never grab a ball like typical chinese topsheets. 

Hope this helps
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2012 at 4:41pm

3rd week october 2011- 2nd week of June 2012. 

That is a looooooong time for a rubber.  I don't think I have ever played a rubber that long.

How long does the initial tackiness of your TinArc wear off?  Does it play the same after the tackiness wear off?

The Dark Side is:
"Quicker, easier, more seductive" - Yoda

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2012 at 12:33pm
No, not yet. I didn´t have a good experience at Vega series, so many QC issues: bubbles, broken pips...  And really don´t fancy to, i´m still excited with GRIPS Europe/BW2 RS after being playing all-of my life with Euro/Jap rubbers, so I´ll probably keep same chinese rubber or Skyline 3 next season.

Thought TA is not as durable as Chinese Tacky type, it´s still above average Euro tensors, so it´s still a proved and safe purchase, so i think I´ll buy regular TA, after biggest failure/dissapointed with Haifu "Crarkp 2 Tuned": The most Overestimated-hyped rubber I never-ever tried!!

Edited by jonyer1980 - 08/01/2012 at 12:40pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2012 at 8:30am
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

th very much jonyer1980. very informative and honest.

i was thinking about giving a shot to tin arc but i better save money. it is difficult to find a durable rubber behaving as a good chinese tuned rubber.

have you tried vega china?
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2012 at 8:07am
th very much jonyer1980. very informative and honest.

i was thinking about giving a shot to tin arc but i better save money. it is difficult to find a durable rubber behaving as a good chinese tuned rubber.
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic