FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS TIN ARC Review!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS TIN ARC Review!
    Posted: 05/18/2011 at 6:48am
i was long curious about this rubber so when my coach went to the recent world championships in netherlands i asked him to buy me a dhs tin arc rubber. 

out of the package:
the rubber is a high quality rubber from dhs. no wonder it cost 16 euros. its more expensive than any neo rubbers.. at first glance i was a bit disappointed because i thought it looked like the dhs memo 3 or 2 but then i saw the sponge it reminded me of teh palio thor's sponge - porous and rough. the sponge hardness is about 37-38 degrees by dhs scale. the rubber is lightly tacky only.

i placed it in my ebenholz 7 and when i was cutting it with an office disposable cutter i was a bit disappointed because the sponge is a bit brittle.. i can cut very cleanly on other rubbers.. it reminded me of the sponge brittleness of the lkt black power and almana gray sponges. the thickness of the sponge is 2.2mm

fh to fh & bh to bh:
goodness this is a fast rubber! it is faster than any neo rubbers or the memo rubbers from dhs. what i like about it is its control. you can feel the ball while you are hitting or brushing it.

blocking:
this rubber blocks well on the bh and fh. unlike some other chinese rubbers especially the tacky ones, the ball doesnt go to the net when passively blocking. counter attacks are good with this rubber too.

looping:
this rubber is an attacking rubber and it excels in both looping and loop driving. the angle is about medium throw. what i love about the tin arc is that the loops are very spinny! not as spinny as the neo rubbers but still nevertheless spinny besides its only about 10% less spinny.. the loops produce a low throw spinny ball. over the table loops drives are quite good with this rubber.

pushes and serves:
good amount of spin in serving and pushing. the rubber is not sensitive to incoming spin despite being grippy and slightly tacky..

i would say that i was surprised with the tin arc's performance. i thought it was just an overpriced rubber but it was well worth it. was even worth more than its price. it reminds of acuda s3 but lighter, faster and a tad spinnier. not only that but its very controllable on fast bladesand its very affordable!. only one thing i can describe about the tin arc rubber - I FEEL IN LOVE WITH IT!!!!!.. 

speed - if tenergy 64 is a 10 i would rate tin arc as an 8.5
spin - if tenergy 05 is a 10 i would rate tin arc as 9.0
control - 8.0.

recommendations:
rubber for advanced players but can be handled by developing players as well. i would put this on an off or off- blade for better balance..

note: sorry for the poor pic quality since i was using my celphone.

hope you will try this rubber guys you will not get disappointed with it!

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

vader555 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vader555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 6:54am
yummy rubber Tongue thank you for the review sir yogi..
SchlagerCarbon:Sriver/SriverEL
AndroCarbonLightOff+:AndroCor2/Plasma
Pending:Sardius:Thor's/Thor's
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 7:43am
How about the "speed glue effect"? Is it good like Tensors?

Thanks
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 8:15am
the rubber has some sound of a speed glue effect rubber. not as good as 3rd gen tensors like tenergy, acuda or hexers but its a notch lower. its like an acuda s3 but better and less expensive
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 8:23am
This rubber is not a traditional chinese top sheet rubber. What about the Tin Arc II and III? Anyone has tried this rubber. I'm looking for a bit chinese sticky with good speed.
DHS TG 506+

FH: JOOLA Rhyzm (black, max)

BH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft (red,2.0mm)

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 8:26am
Thank you for sharing your impressions.
Can you compare it to Moon or Mars 2 (which is the alleged substitute for T64)?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 8:33am
imago, sorry havent tried the yinhe rubbers you mentioned

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 8:36am

What hardness is the topsheet?

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 8:51am
the topsheet is firm like that of memo 2 but not as hard as that of the neo rubbers

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 8:53am
Weight cut for Ebenholz?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 9:08am
didnt weigh it but its lighter than the neo rubbers or any other chinese rubbers except geospin, dipper, tnt and focus 3 as far as i know

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 9:14am
Thank you. And a last question - what thickness is your sponge?
Antiq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antiq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 9:15am
Copied here, just for easy reference...

Extract from a review by a chinese TT magazine and translated:

Tin Arc and Tin Arc 3 are both grippy and semi tacky.

TA is for SPEED + SPIN, and uses #50 sponge and its sponge colour is YELLOW.
TA3 is for CONTROL + SPIN, and uses #60 sponge and its sponge colour is BLOOD ORANGE.

All comes with hardness 33, 35 and 37 degree. Thickness 2.0, 2.1 and 2,2mm.

Comparision with T05 and T64..

control/attack/ bounce/spin/dwell/speed /weight
TA      3      /  4      /  3.5     /3.5 /  4     /3.5      / 58.8 +-2 gram
TA3   3.5    /  3      /    3      /  4  /  4     /  3       / 61.5 +-2 gram
T05   3.5    /  3      /     3     /3.5 /  4     /  3       / 70.6 +-3 gram
T64     3     /  4      /     4     /  3  /3.5    /  4       / 68.3 +-3 gram
pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 9:22am
I'm interested to try TA3.. Smile
DHS TG 506+

FH: JOOLA Rhyzm (black, max)

BH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft (red,2.0mm)

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 9:24am
imago, max

Kalin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 10:42am
Is it already available in shops? If so, where ?
Setup:

Blade:BTY Viscaria
FH:Andro Rasant (1,9 mm Blk)BH:Soulspin P12(1,8 mm Red)
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 11:45am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

i was cutting it with an office disposable cutter i was a bit disappointed because the sponge is a bit brittle.. i can cut very cleanly on other rubbers.. it reminded me of the sponge brittleness of the lkt black power and almana gray sponges.

Please let me know whether there is a problem when you take it off and reglue it. My LKT BP sponge tore apart when I remove it from my blade Cry
Thanks
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
EZRO View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EZRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2011 at 9:57pm
nice review, looking forward to see you play it yogi, in action that is ..
Blade: Butterfly Photino and Keyshot light
FH: DONIC Baracuda / Tenergy 64 and 05
BH: 802-40/1 and Raystorm
DONIC BURN ALL+
FH Kokutaku 868 tacky
BH Kokutaku 110 Medium Pip
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2011 at 7:07am
on the 2nd day of  using it, im still loving it though for it effective distance its close to the table and mid distance from the table.. go over 6 feet away from the table and it loses its power.. all in all  a rubber that is worth more than 16 euros for its performance

tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2011 at 7:13am
you think it's similar to joola brave?
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Reiin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reiin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2011 at 9:34am
16 Euros? thats a seriously cheap. In Denmark we pay 67 Euros for a sheet of Tenergy and 33 euors for a DHS Hurricane Neo 2 and 3 ! :O
Back to:
Timo Boll ALC ST
FH: T05 2.1
BH: T25 2.1

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46026&KW=feedback+reiin&PID=571496&title=feedback-reiin#571496
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2011 at 10:05am

control - 8.0.
This is inconsistent with your statment that TA has a medium throw.  These attributes would result in a rubber with very high throw.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2011 at 10:27am
Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

control - 8.0.
This is inconsistent with your statment that TA has a medium throw.  These attributes would result in a rubber with very high throw.

sure!!!!!!!!!! without taking into consideration the pimple structure, topsheet thickness and even the blade used you already concluded the throw angle.. wow!!!!! amazing!!!!  have you tried tin arc by the way??? Clap

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2011 at 10:30am
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

you think it's similar to joola brave?

nope! its softer and less tacky.. joola brave is a bit similar to haifu shark 2 tuned.. the sponge of the tin arc is porous

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2011 at 10:33am
its like an improved donic acuda s3

tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2011 at 11:28am
ohhhh so it's more like a joola xplode then. but with a better topsheet. might be a good bh rubber for me then if i don't want to spend $$$$$$$$$$ for t64
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2011 at 11:37am
tpgh2k, nope its unlike any other euro rubber you have mentioned. its still a chinese rubber since it has a slight tacky topsheet. though it would be a good bh rubber since its good in blocking and can do wonderful punchblocks and back hand loops

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2011 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Thank you. And a last question - what thickness is your sponge?

Which hardness and which thickness version did you get yogi?    2.1mm 35 hardness??

Edited by Rich215 - 05/19/2011 at 11:38am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2011 at 11:43am
its 2.2mm and 37 degrees but feels like 38

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2011 at 11:48am
How does the TA compare to Donic Acuda S1, Tibhar Genius, Nimbus, and Grip-S?  These are the four current rubbers I have, but they all cost a bit much.  So if I can get some insight on the comparisons, I will most likely switch to the cheaper TA rubbers.  Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic