Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

In love with Hurricane Hao 656

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lifewire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifewire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In love with Hurricane Hao 656
    Posted: 05/29/2011 at 6:56am
I'm a Chinese penholder who uses predominantly with RPB on the backhand side.

I chose the Hurricane Hao 656 for two reasons:

1.) I wouldn't have to do a modification on it to reduce the neck to make the grip optimum for RPB -

see picture below

Comment: Having a reduced neck means a more comfortable grip and allows you to open up the blade much more comfortably than conventional blades. The above picture on the right shows Wang Hao's old dipper, but the HH656 has the inherent shape of neck without the need for any modifications.

I edit: personally feel that the shape of the neck on this blade completely neglects any need for the Super CPEN which I've read some people use here.

2.) It is an all wood blade - I personally enjoy the feedback from a wood blade and I find that the blade is well balanced.

Now, that being said, I've only got one of these blades and I'm out to purchase a spare blade in case this one gets damaged.

Five questions for the EJs of this site:

Should I get another one of these from ttnp for $135? http://ttnpp.com/shop/blade-dhs-c-5_22.html;

or should I purchase a Hurricane Hao III (which has a glass fiber layer) from prott.cc for $30 more?

How will the glass fiber layer actually change the playing characteristics and the vibration of the blade? Will it still play like a wood blade?

What are the chances that Wang Hao actually uses a blade with glass fiber in it? Is this just false marketing? Is the HH656 closer to what Wang Hao is using (note: I am aware he uses a custom blade in any case)

4. I've also recently found the throw angle of H3 to be a little high, making me want to switch to TG3. I've also noticed while there are provincial H3 Neos available at many sites, there aren't any provincial TG3s. Is there a reason for this?

5. Lastly, is the commercial neo TG3 much worse than the national version?

Comment: I have a feeling that the quality control in TG3's are better than H3 given the sealing of the product.

Even so, would most people prefer 6 TG3 commercials or 1 TG3 national for the same price?

I'd love to hear insights from some experts in the forum: I know there are a lot of you out there! :)

Edited by lifewire - 05/29/2011 at 8:24am
Sponsored Links

atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 7:48am
Not an expert of anything, but i think you may add "personal preference" before commenting on that super c pen...Wink
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 7:55am
So the problem with spare blade is that it can't be exactly the same, weight, center of gravity will both be slightly different, even Wang Hao's spare is not as good. Hope you can specify those parameters before ordering from a website.

I don't think Wanghao is using a blade with GF, nor is Malin with Carbon

And I don't think there are any genuine national versions of any chinese rubbers publicly available in the market. National rubbers are only meant to be supplied to national team.
YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
jasonz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 12:05pm
I have seen an actual Hurricane Hao blade that Wang Hao didn't select.  The construction resembles more of Hurricane Hao 1 than anything else.  I asked what was difference.  The seller explained that the pitch and weight were of the highest quality.  The asking price was 3000 rmb (500 usd).  I don't think they intent to sell it, more of a display.

Jason Z

Stiga Xu Xin Dynasty
FH DHS TG -60 Soft
BH DHS H3 white sponge pro
lifewire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lifewire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 1:11pm
What do you mean when you say 'didn't select'?

Was the blade they had on display one that didn't satisfy Wang Hao's expectations with respect to the weight?

If what you say is true, then I might invest in a Hurricane Hao 1. They are much cheaper than the 656 in the first place.
jasonz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 2:09pm
Wang Hao's blade is hand selected from a batch that is made specifically for him.  The ones he didn't select out of the batch are generally given to other players, coaches, and friends.
Jason Z

Stiga Xu Xin Dynasty
FH DHS TG -60 Soft
BH DHS H3 white sponge pro
Sallom89 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2011 at 12:31pm
hmmm.. I'd like a blade that have all the sizes of HH656 with Xiom V1 feel.. 
Member of Wang Hao fan club.

Hurricane Hao III
FH: Thors
RPB: Omega Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic