FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

LKT Black Coffee Blade Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LKT Black Coffee Blade Review
    Posted: 05/30/2011 at 8:53pm
got me 1 black coffee blade by LKT for one of my students 2 days ago. i was a bit curious upon seeing that it looked like an ebenholz 7. so i choose the 93.4 gm blade among its brothers because it was the lightest. the other black coffee blades were as heavy as 95gms. 

at first glance it looks like a fine quality blade and you would be fooled that it looks really like the stiga EB7. the handle is flared and wide the same measurements with that of the legend flared handle of most stiga blades. the blade head is bigger by a few mm than the stiga eb7. and the letters placed are KTL instead of LKT on the blade logo

the blade finish is above average chinese made blade. for its price $23, the blade head is lightly sealed like the eb7 but thinner. 

upon checking up the plies i noticed that the 3 inner plys are not the same wood to that of the eb7. the 3 plies of the black coffee have a smoother wood grain compared to the rougher wood grains in the eb7. you can't see it in the pic because of the camera quality.

now upon testing the rubber on the 1st day i placed slow rubbers like the old skyline 3 and super 729 fx super soft. hitting with both rubbers alternately on fh to fh and bh to bh was good. well, i was surprised it wasnt that slow since i thought its just another cheap chinese blade imitation. the blade itself even with 2 chinese rubbers (1 is lighter) is not heavy like that of the eb7. i cannot confirm until now if the black coffee is hollow on the handle. but when i was hitting the handle it made a solid sound. 

on the 2nd day i tested it with faster rubbers. fh = tin arc black max, bh = palio blitz red 2.0mm ....
it felt  heavy due to tha palio blitz but went on to test the rubbers. the palio blitz was fast on that blade. together with the blade it produced fast low to medium height loops. when i looped it with the tin arc it produced spinny lows with a medium arc on both fast and slow loops. blocking is good with the blade since you can feel the ball and you have good control. i would rate its speed as that of a regular clipper non-wrb. it is not as fast as the eb7 but still fast enough to do great attacks and the dwell time is good. 

i would recommend this to budget conscious players who are looking for a good alternative to the eb7, rw7 and clipper wood blades. it may not be as good as those blades but it is better than most 7 ply chinese blades like the 729 bomb or the yinhe uranus.. this is an intermediate to advanced level blade with very good control and helps a player add power on his shots while maintaining control

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 1:16am
Best name for a blade, ever.
seau grateau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seau grateau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 3:26am
Sick review. Looks dope, bout to cop.
BTY Korbel // Galaxy T1
Haifu BWII // Inspirit Quattro UL
Palio CJ8000 // 729 Focus 3
qynthnghm View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qynthnghm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 5:25am
Originally posted by seau grateau seau grateau wrote:

Sick review. Looks dope, bout to cop.

Looking forward to your short & succinct review.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 8:57am

KTL is LKT?

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 9:13am
What is the thickness of this blade?  Is it as thick as the clipper (~7.0mm)? Where do they sale this blade?  BTW - Nice review.  Thanks,
ztec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ztec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 9:57am
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

What is the thickness of this blade?  Is it as thick as the clipper (~7.0mm)? Where do they sale this blade?  BTW - Nice review.  Thanks,

http://zeropong.com/product.php?productid=17754&cat=254&page=1

Edited by ztec - 05/31/2011 at 9:57am
Your play will change your opinion of your equipment more than your equipment will change your opinion of your play.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 6:53pm
imago, i dunno if its a factory error but on its box it is LKT
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

pingpongzoro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongzoro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 7:13pm
They can manufacture quality blade, but can't keep the company name straight... I love KTL, oops, LKT. 
stigatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stigatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 2:18pm
please compare to 729 6030 blade. Is this faster/slower? Better touch?
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by pingpongzoro pingpongzoro wrote:

They can manufacture quality blade, but can't keep the company name straight... I love KTL, oops, LKT. 

Well, for a Chinese person not familiar with English, I can imagine how KTL and LKT might seem to represent a subtle and hard to detect difference.  :^)
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 7:30pm
pingpongzoro, 6030 is slower

AnimeLover View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnimeLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2011 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by pingpongzoro pingpongzoro wrote:

Thats why even now, Chinese made equipment gets a bad name with regards to quality control. It makes me wonder if just not the superficial part of the product is bad.

Wrath or is it wraith
Mercury 2 just labeled Mercury
Klt but really should be LKT

We see the reason Chinese made equipment is much cheaper.  You would think in 2011 they would take the time do it correctly

729 V-6
Galaxy Moon FH
Mercury 2 BH
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2011 at 6:48am
Li Kuang Tsu - the family name is Li. If you write this in Western convention it would be Kuang Tsu Li. So really LKT  is equivalent to KTL.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
H3 NEO / 388-D1
AnimeLover View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnimeLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2011 at 9:12am
Originally posted by addoydude addoydude wrote:

Li Kuang Tsu - the family name is Li. If you write this in Western convention it would be Kuang Tsu Li. So really LKT  is equivalent to KTL.

That is nice, but when you have a brand, you don`t change it just like that.  However you look at it, makes the company look bad when they do this. Makes it look not very professional. 

Edited by AnimeLover - 06/09/2011 at 9:14am
729 V-6
Galaxy Moon FH
Mercury 2 BH
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2011 at 4:02am
Originally posted by addoydude addoydude wrote:

;D  That's the best explanation I've heard....and it's probably spot on! --  "We make it for No. American market.  We must change his name around so they will understand."  ;D  Ha, ha!!  I love it!!  ;D  Good reasoning addoydude :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic