Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

super sriver VS sriver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cheah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: super sriver VS sriver
    Posted: 05/31/2011 at 2:32am
what's the difference between super sriver and sriver?
Sponsored Links

martian22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martian22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 4:22am
Super Sriver? never heard of it.
Timo Boll ZLF
MXP

charlie harper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlie harper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 4:27am
Originally posted by cheah cheah wrote:

what's the difference between super sriver and sriver?

see this
viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 4:32am
From memory: pips are turned on 90 degrees.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 5:53am
Originally posted by viktorovich viktorovich wrote:

From memory: pips are turned on 90 degrees.

no that's Butterfly Sriver S.

Super Sriver was discontinued a long time ago, it was different from the other srivers. The topsheet had shorter pips and was less grippy. It was the ideal rubber for counter hitters back in the day.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 6:20am
Super Sriver had a harder sponge, than Sriver L and Sriver S. It was a rubbers for players who liked to counterdrive or hit.

It wasn't as versatile or as easy to play with as Sriver L or Sriver S; hence why it never enjoyed their popularity and was subsequently discontinued.

If you would like to try a current Butterfly rubber, with similar characteristics to Super Sriver; then you are looking at Tackifire Drive.

Edited by Peter C - 05/31/2011 at 6:22am
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

Super Sriver had a harder sponge, than Sriver L and Sriver S. It was a rubbers for players who liked to counterdrive or hit.

It wasn't as versatile or as easy to play with as Sriver L or Sriver S; hence why it never enjoyed their popularity and was subsequently discontinued.

If you would like to try a current Butterfly rubber, with similar characteristics to Super Sriver; then you are looking at Tackifire Drive.

are you sure PeterC? I've never heard anything about Tackifire drive that it excells at counter hitting and blocking.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2011 at 11:30pm
Super Sriver wasn't very "Super" even to regular Sriver. It was like Butterfly Plous rubber pretty lame if memory serves me right.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2011 at 11:22am
Super Sriver was discontinued on the jurasic age. Besides, it wasn´t neither popular nor special as regular srivers. Why are you interested on it, if you can´t find any brand-new sheet? 
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2011 at 5:48pm
Skyline

The reason I find Tackifire Drive similar to Super Sriver, is because both are poor rubbers for looping. Both are more suited to hitters. I also felt that they weren't as spinny as rubbers I prefer.

I can't recall how Tackifire Drive blocked; but I did notice you were better off driving the ball at the top of the bounce to get into the sponge, to generate spin.

For players who like to play a close to the table counterhitting game, then Tackifire Drive might do the job; however for me, both Super Sriver and Tackifire Drive, get my vote as the worst Butterfly rubbers I've come across since 1976.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2011 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

Skyline

The reason I find Tackifire Drive similar to Super Sriver, is because both are poor rubbers for looping. Both are more suited to hitters. I also felt that they weren't as spinny as rubbers I prefer.

I can't recall how Tackifire Drive blocked; but I did notice you were better off driving the ball at the top of the bounce to get into the sponge, to generate spin.

For players who like to play a close to the table counterhitting game, then Tackifire Drive might do the job; however for me, both Super Sriver and Tackifire Drive, get my vote as the worst Butterfly rubbers I've come across since 1976.

Well thanks for your explanation PeterC, I guess that I don't need to try Tackifire Drive then.
amirzekra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amirzekra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 10:52am
difference between super sriver and sriver
ss:spin:5
    speed:5
    control:5
s:  spin:4
     speed:6
     control:5
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 11:00am
Difference between Sriver and Super Sriver:

Sriver
  speed 8
  spin 7.5
  control 8.5

Super Sriver
  speed doo doo
  spin double doo doo
  control 20...because if you happen to find a sheet it's oxidized and plays like anti. LOL

Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

myali View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 11:09am
What is the difference between Sriver, EL and FX series to Sriver S, L, etc. I am familiar with the EL and FX but I don't know about S, L.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 11:28am
 Sriver L is the designation for underlying pip orientation which runs vertical. Sriver L and Sriver are the same. Sriver S has underlying pips that run horizontally. Years ago Sriver sheets were offered with double logo's leaving the player to decide if they wanted the S or L pip orientation. Just by rotating the rubber sheet they had their choice. I thought that was very unique among rubbers.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Sriver L is the designation for underlying pip orientation which runs vertical. Sriver L and Sriver are the same. Sriver S has underlying pips that run horizontally. Years ago Sriver sheets were offered with double logo's leaving the player to decide if they wanted the S or L pip orientation. Just by rotating the rubber sheet they had their choice. I thought that was very unique among rubbers.

now Andro Shifter has the same idea.
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 12:41pm
super sriver?  maybe only sold in Asia.. they can make anything over there.

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

super sriver?  maybe only sold in Asia.. they can make anything over there.

no back in the day this rubber was very common and popular among counter drivers.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2012 at 11:31pm
Super Sriver back in the day (1970s) was the worst thing they ever came up with.  I am not sure it was the Jurassic but it was certainly the Pleistocine.  It was supposed to be faster than regular Sriver but it had no grip to it, you couldn't spin at all.  I guess today we would say it was really low throw.  In the western world in those days, really serious players mostly used Mark V and regular Sriver.  Just like some people like dogs and some people like cats.  It made things easy.  A forum like this would be boring.  Butterfly came up with Super Sriver to try to eat in Yasaka's market a bit, but in fact it was actually the diametric opposite.  Sriver was always a little harder than Mark V, and Super Sriver played even harder.  It also felt kind of plasticy.  This is of course from memory from when I was in high school.  And memories are fallible.

It's really an odd question to answer in 2012! 
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2012 at 12:07am
Where was Black Power and Tornado in comparison to Mark V?
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2012 at 9:26am
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

Where was Black Power and Tornado in comparison to Mark V?

BlackPower was slightly spinnier than Mark V and slightly slower. Tornado (gold color) was about the same speed as Mark V with slightly less spin. Gold Tornado was ubber cool! Ahhh the good old days. Beer
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

apetersonccp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apetersonccp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2012 at 11:30pm
One is super one is normal
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05
ggreco View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggreco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2019 at 4:47am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

now Andro Shifter has the same idea.
Even Donic Twin Slick in the 80's 
TSP Black Balsa 5.0
FH Xiom Vega Europe max black
BH Spin Lord ORKan 1.8 red
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic