Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nittaku neo hurricane 3?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2014 at 11:42pm
In my opinion if one wants an H3 which is more elastic and quicker..... DHS Memo could be a better alternative than H3 Neo. DHS Memo (untuned) is still not as good as a tuned Nittaku H3 Pro. I suspect tuning DHS Memo is actually what many ppl dream of but not much attention is ever given to this rubber!
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Sponsored Links

mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2014 at 9:44pm
Tried and used Nittaku H3 neo for 6 months. Top sheet is quite not tacky as the ones that DHS are selling. Sponge is more like medium in hardness. Close to the table play is good and good for looping, it produces heavy spins on serves but quite reactive on incoming spin. Only problem in this rubber as I was playing Nittaku H3 neo unboosted for my forehand is that it lacks power when counter looping far away from the table. It perform well on mid distance counter loops and attack all the balls at certain points but you really need to tune it.
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)
FH:    Andro Rasant Powergrip
BH:   Andro Rasant Grip

dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2014 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by mayuki24 mayuki24 wrote:

Tried and used Nittaku H3 neo for 6 months. Top sheet is quite not tacky as the ones that DHS are selling. Sponge is more like medium in hardness. Close to the table play is good and good for looping, it produces heavy spins on serves but quite reactive on incoming spin. Only problem in this rubber as I was playing Nittaku H3 neo unboosted for my forehand is that it lacks power when counter looping far away from the table. It perform well on mid distance counter loops and attack all the balls at certain points but you really need to tune it.

Now I see why some people are claiming that Nittaku Neo H3 is of prov quality. :)) Isn't the prov Neo H3 not as tacky as the commercial ones?
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 6:35am
Provincial Neo H3's wether it is from Dhs or Nittaku their topsheet are not that super tacky at all like the ones that are shining. Difference of Nittaku neo h3 and Dhs prov neo h3 is the sponge, in Nittaku its more like a japanese sponge and more softer compared to the Dhs prov which felt still like a chinese sponge but a tad softer.
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 6:46am

Provincial Neo H3's wether it is from Dhs or Nittaku their topsheet are not that super tacky at all like the ones that are shining. Difference of Nittaku neo h3 and Dhs prov neo h3 is the sponge, in Nittaku its more like a japanese sponge and more softer compared to the Dhs prov which felt still like a chinese sponge but a tad softer.

So, both prov have similar topsheet, but the difference of the two rubbers lies in the sponge. Which do you prefer, dhs or nittaku? Which one is better?

If I'm boosting, which one would be better to use? :)
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 7:17am

Provincial Neo H3 has a few options for sponge degree.  Typically 38-40 or so.  Which have you tried?  What would you estimate the degree of the Nittaku?
mayuki24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayuki24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2014 at 8:22am
If you have time to boost the rubber always better get the nittaku neo H3 as it was cheaper and you can authentically buy it without sacrificing to buy a fake or real Dhs H3 neo prov. Nittaku H3 neo is also durable, it could suit well unboosted on fast blades.

Nittaku H3 neo felt like a 38deg for me, but it really felt different from me. I can really tell that sponge is more like japanese rather than a chinese one.

*Had tried a 38deg and 40deg Dhs H3 neo prov along with the blue sponge H3 neo prov.
Nittaku Runlox (C-Pen)

Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2015 at 4:36pm
Any Nittaku label of DHS product is just that Nittaku put QA process into the DHS manufacturing process.  So it is still made by DHS without any Japanese sponge or anything.  It is just a better QA in theory.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2015 at 6:45am
This Nittaku H3 comes with a different sponge than DHS H3. We are selling both in our shop and they are different.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2017 at 9:13am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

is it fast enough or still need to boost it?

I would also want to know
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2017 at 10:18am
I have never boosted, so I can't tell the speed of boosted rubbers. But for me it's fast enough (I play close to medium distance).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic