FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Maplewood NCT 7 Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maplewood NCT 7 Review
    Posted: 06/27/2011 at 10:27am

Got the beautiful blade from stiga today. It is lightly sealed and the fine wood grains are beautiful to look at. the quality finish is good though i wish they made the handle a little smoother because it can cause blisters on the hands. i choose the conic handle because i havent tried one before. its comfortable on the hands and at the same time gives you a good grip on the handle. kudos to stiga on reviving the conic handle. the blade is a bit heavy. its about 92 grams.. i think the average is 92-96 grams.. 

the blade has great control. it is fast. fast as in faster than any of its clipper cousins but not as fast as the ebenholz. it is not carbon level fast. the blade has some feel. one thing i dont like is the vibration everytime i do a bh flick. the vibration comes at the part near the base of the handle on the blade head. it has a good amount of dwell time and thsi blade could be a looping blade than a hitter's blade despite of its 7 ply composition and stiffness.

would i replace my ebenholz 7 with this? nope but i would put my short pips rubber on this blade and make it as my secondary racket.. 

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Cicis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cicis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2011 at 10:43am
Wow Yogi you finally got your new blade! Big smile 
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2011 at 2:42pm
Bye Bye Ebenholz ?
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2011 at 2:51pm

Buy Buy Maplewood Wink

Thankfully, there is also quinilla...

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2011 at 6:40pm
chris, im still clinging to my ebenholz 7. ive tried the rosewood 7 also but noting compares to the eb7 in my personal opinion

cicis, yes i finally got it yesterday with the 2 new rubbers from stiga
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

vvtpdy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvtpdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2014 at 9:03pm
Any idea  about Maplewood V?
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2014 at 3:42am
IMO Maplewood V is a great blade, I tried it with H3 Neo and Cornilleau Target 47,5 degree, reminds me of the Rosewood V, but not quite the same, nice feedback, fast enough and not so hard to control close to the table. 
My feedback:

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47297&title=mg-feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2014 at 9:01am
Originally posted by vvtpdy vvtpdy wrote:

Any idea  about Maplewood V?

i have reviewed the maplewood v in the past. just use the search button

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic