Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hurricane king iii vs hk, acoustic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hurricane king iii vs hk, acoustic
    Posted: 06/28/2011 at 6:44am
a comparison review,
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Sponsored Links

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 6:50am
the hurricane king iii is a composite hurricane king.

it is not a different blade feeling from hking. it is in the hurricane king feeling range.

a thin blade with that hurricane king dwell time feeling.

keeping that good feeling even with the carbon layers.

the glass carbon layers are stronger than those soft carbon.

the hking iii st sq tested is around 92 gr. very good handle. a pleasure.

so this is not a carbon blade to be compared with blistering carbon blades neither other carbon range blades like arylates or soft carbon. it is the particular hurricane king feeling in carbon mode.

EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 6:56am
Smile Thanks Ejmaster,I know which HK  to order now.

Edited by chris.b40 - 06/28/2011 at 6:57am
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 6:58am
the hkiii has a more direct feeling than the hking but more in the dwell and building in the original hking than in the hk655. 

it is more powerful than the hking and the acoustic (i compared to a good old one).

the good surprise is that the feeling in my opinion is better than in the very good feeling acoustic.

faster, more powerful and better feeling.

as in the hurricane king the rubbers have to be selected. it is not a blade to match any rubber.

it plays as the hking very well with a chinese sticky like rubber as yasaka new era 45º (2.0 cartoon boy) in fh and sriver fx in bh. but it is a blade to have issues probably with different rubbers as the hking.

Edited by ejmaster - 06/28/2011 at 8:06am
EJ Club.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 7:16am
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

Smile Thanks Ejmaster,I know which HK  to order now.

not at all. this is a hurricane king feeling type blade chris.

EJ Club.

chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 7:55am
I'll go with the HK 3, I always wanted to know the differences between the HK Long and the HK 3
Thanks again for setting this straight.
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 1:20pm
ejmaster does it have a typical 'glass fiber' feeling, I think it is glass fiber in this blade?  How does feeling compare to ludeack fleet (Which WLQ did use for a time)
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

ejmaster does it have a typical 'glass fiber' feeling, I think it is glass fiber in this blade?  How does feeling compare to ludeack fleet (Which WLQ did use for a time)

i would say the hkiii has a little bit more carbon feeling in the glass fiber range.

i played with the ludeack fleet and the glass fiber feeling in the ludeack was more glass fiber than in the hkiii.

i think that is why they call glass carbon, because the fiber is more carbon like being glass fiber.

EJ Club.

chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 2:46pm
fleet also throws quite low, is this also true of HKIII?  thanks for all the info ejmaster!
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 2:47pm
Oh a perhaps interesting comparison - with maze passion, which is also 5 plies + glass fiber.  Have you tried it ejmaster?
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2011 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

fleet also throws quite low, is this also true of HKIII?  thanks for all the info ejmaster!

about maze passion i do not know. I have never tried it.

however i played some time with ludeack fleet. the hkiii has more dwell time than the fleet. it is different from fleet. ludeackfleet is like a more compact ludeack with fiber.

the hkiii has more control than the ludeack fleet.

with the hkiii can use more the arm/body power. i tend to drive/smash more with the hkiii than with the ludeack fleet. i would say the throw maybe is similar but the kind of playing is not.

have to put more arm/body power in the hkiii but the blade fits to receive that arm/body power. that is the original hurricane king feeling.

it is not as powerful as a heavy tb/alc but has lot of control to put your power in the stroke.

here it happens the opposite to blades one has to control long throw. the ball goes in the table, and have to use your power to go powerful.

one has to put power and the hkiii has control and dwell, instead of putting control to a powerful blade. 

Edited by ejmaster - 06/28/2011 at 8:38pm
EJ Club.

dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2011 at 1:35am
Nice review,
Still waiting for Rokphish with his. A few good review might tempt me to buy and EJ again (T_T)
EJ Master, how about the speed? Does the glass fibre layer add some kick on high gears? And does it affect the throw of the blade?
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2011 at 5:19am
EJ Club.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2011 at 5:25am
imo dragon kid the glass carbon affects to the solidness of the blade keeping thickness 5,78 mm.

so the blade is stable about blocking having sweet spot.

glass carbon feels with more kick than glass fiber but the blade is very linear. i wouldn´t say the kick in high gears is an attribute of the blade. control and dwell allowing arm/body power is the deal.

btwy, the blade comes with an envelope that contains a red card (picture above) with the specifications of the blade.

dhs marketing guys are smart about details around the blade to sell the product. beautiful handle design, box, stamps, blade card, drawing design, player endorsed. and good quality and finishing about the blade. everything looking nice driving to pay 200 $. 
they are right. for that price at least people will like these things. stiga should learn here.  

Edited by ejmaster - 06/29/2011 at 5:44am
EJ Club.

dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2011 at 7:07am
Thanks for the reply ejmaster.
If it's not faster than 655, I am not interested. I will trade some control with added speed on drives, smashes and away from the table shots, but if the speed is about the same, I can't see myself buying one :)

Edited by dragon kid - 06/29/2011 at 7:08am
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2011 at 7:10am
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Thanks for the reply ejmaster.
If it's not faster than 655, I am not interested. I will trade some control with added speed on drives, smashes and away from the table shots, but if the speed is about the same, I can't see myself buying one :)

yes dragon, 200 $ is too much.
hkiii is not faster than hk655. it is different blade but not faster.

Edited by ejmaster - 06/29/2011 at 7:16am
EJ Club.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2011 at 11:04am
to peter79. It is interesting the comparison of an Innerforce alc to the hk3. I guess rokphish maybe gives you that point.

well it is a blade close in some ways to the hk3, but there are some differences.

* the glass carbon though it looks like arylate carbon does not behave as btfy arylate carbon. it does not have the btfy arylate flexibility feeling. In that way the hk3 feeling is different. i would say stiffer. different. it brings solidness but not so much bounciness to the ball.

* the shock absortion in the outers is better in the hk3 than in the Inn Alc. Thats why can put more body/arm power.

* hk3 has more control than Inn Alc.

* handle in hk3 is far better. the st handle is one of the best st handle i ever had.

they are different blades though buiding can be similar in the sense of having the composite layers below the two outers.

hk3 is to hurricane king feeling fan. not to butterfly tamca carbon feeling lover.

Edited by ejmaster - 06/30/2011 at 11:19am
EJ Club.

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2011 at 11:54am
Thanks for your detail explanation once again, Jose.
I've found the right rubber for me and it suits Hurricane King very well.
What I afraid about Hurricane King 3 is because it's not all wood blade, it might not have the same feel as the all wood version. But as Hurricane King fan I still want to try it.
I just curious to know what kind of material DHS use for the next Hurricane King series Wink
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2011 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Thanks for your detail explanation once again, Jose.
I've found the right rubber for me and it suits Hurricane King very well.
What I afraid about Hurricane King 3 is because it's not all wood blade, it might not have the same feel as the all wood version. But as Hurricane King fan I still want to try it.
I just curious to know what kind of material DHS use for the next Hurricane King series Wink
i think that dhs advertisement is ok. power and control.
power in the sense of bringing more stability due to the glass carbon (blocking and counter). and control about keeping that hk dwell feeling.

the hk3 has hk feeling. not so good as your hk05 wood feeling what it is a feeling out of this world, but very good feeling.
it is a trade about a bit of feeling (but they keep the hk feel) for more stability.

Edited by ejmaster - 06/30/2011 at 12:16pm
EJ Club.

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2011 at 3:20am
Ejmaster I found that I like Hking3 feeling more than the Hking 05 feeling. I found it doesn't vibrate too much. Thin but not too flexible, still can loop very well, still can produce a hard smash.
So for me Hking 3 loops like Hking but faster better than 655 in terms of looping.
Smash as good as 655 when needed.
So it's a combination of looping ability of Hking and smash of 655 Hking 3 is made for.

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2011 at 7:23am
well i agree hk3 has good smash and looping performance. the outer in hk3 is good quality.

i am referring about feeling just sensibility, not performance. having the hk3 more performance than hk and very good feeling, the composite layers get a little bit of feeling out from the hk wood feel.  

Edited by ejmaster - 07/25/2011 at 7:42am
EJ Club.

masterping View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masterping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 5:39pm

I'm new to the site however i wanted to share my experiences regarding Hurricane king III. This blade has everything  terms  speed and control. I'm using the ST handle which i found to be v
ery comfortable - not long and not to short
it has pretty decent dwell time  and you can open/counter loop with heavy spin  and fast drive with ease. its fast but in a controllable way. Blocking, flicks and over the table game is excellent
I have tried various combination of rubbers in the end i settled for H3/FH (tuned)  and Memo3 B/H I feel these rubbers bring out the best from this blade.

By the way i had to buy  this blade as my original bat ( Hk655) was stolen at a competition !!!!! 
< ="utf-8">

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2011 at 6:05pm
Welcome to the forum, masterping. Btw, nice first post.

Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic