Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alternative of Nittaku Acoustic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
tongas20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tongas20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternative of Nittaku Acoustic
    Posted: 07/05/2011 at 12:35pm
Hello everyone. I am really new at this so I apologize. Does anyone know of 5ply (or not too fast 7ply), allwood blades with SIMILAR characteristics to the Nittaku Acoustic?
I'm interested in Japanese blades (because they are usually better finished than the others) but I accept ALL suggestions. The blades I think could be a cheap alternative are: Nittaku Latika, ShellShock. Yasaka Ma Lin EO? OSP Virtuoso OFF-?
Important: The blade must do a proper combination with soft rubbers (joola energy extra to be more specific).
Thank you very much!
Sponsored Links

zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2011 at 1:05pm
I've never played the Acoustic, but I have often read that Virtuoso is similar to it.
Virtuoso+ :: Mark V :: Mark V
flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2011 at 4:38pm
I don't know for sure but I think that OSP Virtuoso would be one option...second option, from what I've read not tested, I think it would be Timo Boll W5(but not cheap)...yeo it's a differrent species...Bear in mind that the blade should have 5 ply and the top ply should be limba...also I think the blade should have about 157/150 mm...  
Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2011 at 4:48pm
ermmmm...5 ply allwood blades with SIMILAR characteristics like that of Nittaku Acoustic? 
You no longer have to look far, pls. refer to my Signature. (V & V+)
The 1st time I played w/my older Acoustic ST (91g), I was shocked & awed by that unique feeling & to this day I'd say that I could not find anything like that....nah....I was wrong, then I got hold of OSP Virtuoso & wow....it's someth'n else, not as expensive as Acoustic or Violin or Tenor but my search ended then.
Btw. both of V & V+ and also that older Acoustic ST were bought from PLLSystem. What a coincident.
tongas20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tongas20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2011 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

ermmmm...5 ply allwood blades with SIMILAR characteristics like that of Nittaku Acoustic? 
You no longer have to look far, pls. refer to my Signature. (V & V+)
The 1st time I played w/my older Acoustic ST (91g), I was shocked & awed by that unique feeling & to this day I'd say that I could not find anything like that....nah....I was wrong, then I got hold of OSP Virtuoso & wow....it's someth'n else, not as expensive as Acoustic or Violin or Tenor but my search ended then.
Btw. both of V & V+ and also that older Acoustic ST were bought from PLLSystem. What a coincident.

Wich one would you say is more similiar to the Acoustic? V or V+? Both blades have the same construction and the difference is in the balance of the weight (V center balanced, V+ head balanced)? Or the plies construction is different?

Edited by tongas20 - 07/05/2011 at 5:36pm
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2011 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by flash flash wrote:

I don't know for sure but I think that OSP Virtuoso would be one option...second option, from what I've read not tested, I think it would be Timo Boll W5(but not cheap)...yeo it's a differrent species...Bear in mind that the blade should have 5 ply and the top ply should be
limba...also I think the blade should have about 157/150 mm...  

5ply and top ply limba,sound like Korbel.
Just the blade dimension is 158/151 mm.
Did you try Korbel?
If somebody near you bring this blade,try it.
Maybe you will like it.
Just my 2 cents.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2011 at 1:56am
V+ is stiffer due to harder outer limba ply and a different lamination process. This results in an about 10% stiffer blade (according to OSP), which is a bit faster and has a "clearer contact".
Thickness is about the same: 5.8-5.9mm.
Never played an Acoustic, so I cannot tell you which one is more similar.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2011 at 2:03am
I compare v+ to tenor and v to acoustic
tongas20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tongas20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2011 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Nori Nori wrote:

I compare v+ to tenor and v to acoustic

Yeah I think that's a good comparison.

Another question: How much is the shipping cost of an OSP blade to the USA? Because maybe with the $85 of the blade + shipping cost it ended up not being so cheap after all...

zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2011 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by tongas20 tongas20 wrote:

Another question: How much is the shipping cost of an OSP blade to the USA? Because maybe with the $85 of the blade + shipping cost it ended up not being so cheap after all...

Shipping cost is 9€ ~ 13$. Afaik worldwide.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2011 at 9:17pm
Why dont you just searching for used Korbel?
Try it,maybe you will like it.
I have Acoustic for a long time,so as Korbel.
For me,Acoustic is superior in feeling but that`s all.
Korbel is 3 times cheaper than Acoustic.
tongas20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tongas20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2011 at 12:33am
Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

As you answer me in "Weight of BTY Petr Korbel" topic, Korbel ST handle is no longer in production. I just wonder what was BTY thinking when they decided to stop it's production...
I don't know where to get used Korbels...
Thanks though
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2011 at 12:36am
FL still available.
Nori View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nori Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2011 at 12:40am

Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

As you answer me in "Weight of BTY Petr Korbel" topic, Korbel ST handle is no longer in production. I just wonder what was BTY thinking when they decided to stop it's production...
I don't know where to get used Korbels...
Thanks though

I have a PK special korean edition in st... Bad shape tho.
chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2011 at 12:44am

Just place an order 2 weeks ago.  Total price is $103.21 after conversion which is on the high side compared to other 5ply wood blade.  But this is not a mass produced blade. 
Clipper Wood, Sanwei Gears FH, Sanwei T88-I BH.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2011 at 4:18am
Virtuoso is just a little bit slower than acoustic but very very close.
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2011 at 4:31am
I felt the expert is the same speed as my acoustic but better feel and much more spin
j0hn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j0hn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2011 at 6:32am
what online shop can i find virtuoso?
stiga inspira plus, dhs h3 provincial 41° | bty dignics 64
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2011 at 10:31am
Www.ospblades.com
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

zzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2011 at 4:52am
Originally posted by j0hn j0hn wrote:

what online shop can i find virtuoso?

For clarification if you don't know: OSP blades are handmade blades. The building process starts if you order one. So the only adress for getting a Virtuoso is http://www.ospblades.com
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2011 at 5:25am
They are on a holiday at the moment :(
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2011 at 12:13pm
I have Virtuoso OFF -. I find it quite fast. If you are aiming for ALL/ALL+ range this is kind of a stretch, but certainly dont go for the V OFF or OFF+.

OFF- is quite flexy, despite being fast. I put the same rubbers on many blades to see on which blade the same rubber generates most spin, and this is one of the spinniest blades I have.

Looping is very nyce, there is some vibration but it's very subtle, and I find it pleasant because it gives me feedback about the quality of my shot.

The pretties blade you can buy. Everyone in the clubs looks at it! :) Worth having imo, even if it's not your primary blade.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
Vassily View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vassily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2011 at 8:52pm
Why not just get an Acoustic. It isnt that much, considering you live in the USA. You can keep the blade forever anyway. Its expensive/short lived rubbers that really end up being expensive in the long run. If you try to buy alternatives you will always be thinking "what if", and in a couple of years you'll prob go and get an Acoustic anyway.

Ive used my Acoustic for 5-6 years, I got it for ~US$100, works out to ~US$20 a year and going lower as time goes on. Ive spent way more than that on rubbers. In fact if I advertized my old first edition (and probably first batch) Acoustic on this forum I might even recoup all my money and make a profit LOL.

The problem with Acoustic is the tiny handle. Latika appears to be a good alternative, but Latika's handle doesnt seem much bigger. So maybe the OSPs might be the one to get. They look extremely pretty too.

I doubt the exact type of blade makes too much difference. But sometimes we buy luxury things for our heart.

Edited by Vassily - 07/08/2011 at 9:00pm
Nittaku Acoustic FL    T05    Acuda S2 2.0mm
RyKnocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2011 at 10:57pm
Would there be any difference between a Galaxy W-6 and the Acoustic/Virtuoso?  It seems like they both get the same soft/flexy feel with good looping type of description.
BTY Viscaria: FH Black Battle II / BH Red 802-40 2.0mm

Galaxy W-6: FH: FH/BH Yinhe Big Dipper 38*
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2011 at 11:30pm
What are each of the plies on the virtuoso made of?

tongas20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tongas20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2011 at 1:16am
Originally posted by zzz zzz wrote:

For clarification if you don't know: OSP blades are handmade blades. The building process starts if you order one. So the only adress for getting a Virtuoso is http://www.ospblades.com

How much time do they need to have a blade done? 2 weeks or more?

Another question: OSP V off- faster or slower than Acoustic? (Forget the rubbers)
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2011 at 1:29am

Over time, Virtuoso tends to be All+ rather than Off- blade. In comparative terms, Virtuoso is markingly slower than Korbel, and certainly slower than Primorac. I am now in possession of 4 OSP blades, plus Korbel and Primorac, so can tell and feel the difference. Out of these, Ultimate is the best choice for an attacking player, 528 has the same speed but better sound and feel.

tongas20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tongas20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2011 at 2:13am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

Over time, Virtuoso tends to be All+ rather than Off- blade. In comparative terms, Virtuoso is markingly slower than Korbel, and certainly slower than Primorac. I am now in possession of 4 OSP blades, plus Korbel and Primorac, so can tell and feel the difference. Out of these, Ultimate is the best choice for an attacking player, 528 has the same speed but better sound and feel.

And what would you say of V+ compared with those blades?
speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2011 at 3:34am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

I gave my V to a friend that uses Primorac in the last 3 years. He found it fast and returned back to Primorac. Korbel is faster, that I do agree. V+ seems closer to Acoustic, harder feel and a bit stiffer.

Edited by speaquinox - 07/09/2011 at 3:35am
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2011 at 4:38am
Originally posted by hookumsnivy hookumsnivy wrote:

What are each of the plies on the virtuoso made of?

Wood! Tongue

Limba-Limba-Samba-Limba-Limba
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic