Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nittaku Acoustic is one the best blades of history
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku Acoustic is one the best blades of history

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2011 at 7:05am
I played with Acoustic before.
Good blade but i prefer something stiffer so i switch to arylate carbon.
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2011 at 8:27am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

I have about 30 and the acoustic is in the top few overall and always think maybe next year it will be my actual playing blade. However now I've discovered the osp expert and I can't see the acoustic competing with that

'think' means 'thought', I suppose.
That makes me want to get back on the Expert testers list again. Can you comment a bit more on the differences between Acoustic and Expert? did you test them with the same rubbers?
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2011 at 9:51am
Think means think I thought.? Not the same rubber but both with current gen tensors. The expert has a bit harder outer ply and it's also .3mm thinner which is a huge difference in a blades specs. The expert has a really pronounced kick after it flexes when you hit the ball. It feels crisper and kicks harder. The expert also goes from slow to fast on command where I find the acoustic unwilling to change speeds that much. They are not all that similar apart from both being blades with good feel and flex. Both blades weigh the same but oddly the Expert feels much lighter.

I totally missed the whole OSP thing. I'd seen threads about them on here but was like.. yeah ok rar rar rar rar rar whatever.. custom blades...zzz boring.. . Virtuoso is like an Acoustic..... zzz ..boring.... I only properly read the threads after using the blade to find out how to get one of these magic weapons. Being so blasé about this blade was a bad mistake on my behalf :/
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2011 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by mizutani_jun mizutani_jun wrote:

I played with Acoustic before.
Good blade but i prefer something stiffer so i switch to arylate carbon.

that was also my point. acoustic lacks the harder kick that a/c btfy blades have.

Edited by ejmaster - 07/30/2011 at 12:13pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2011 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Think means think I thought.?

I mean, you are no longer considering Acoustic for being your main blade next year, are you?
Join the Nexy Clan!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2011 at 1:52pm
No, I wouldn't have bought two experts if I was going to use the acoustic, I've had a little flirt with the Yeo also, all nice in their own way, they just don't suit me like the expert does. I'm finding as rubbers get faster I can go to slower and thinner blades and the overall performance just keeps going up. I wonder what would happen if you made a 5.1mm version of the expert with walnut outers or even with the current expert top ply.. I think there's room in the osp line up for a truly all round 5.1mm blade
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2011 at 2:22am
Wow, that's extreme. Are there blades that thin?
Join the Nexy Clan!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2011 at 3:24am
Yep, most of the loopy Stiga's are between 5.0mm and 5.3mm and lots of the blades made at the old Stiga factory are too
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2011 at 6:10am
Stiga Titanium 5.4 is very thin
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2011 at 6:31am
You're right: just measured my E-1 and it's 5.3 mm.
In my mind, 5 mm was way thinner.
Join the Nexy Clan!
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2017 at 5:17pm
When did they release the acoustic
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2017 at 5:19pm

Violin in 2003
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2017 at 3:48am
I've owned many Penhold blades, especially from Yasaka, Stiga and Butterfly. 
Had the chance to try an Acoustic Inner Carbon, 88g penhold from a friend. 

Boy was it amazing. Extremely stable, close-table the touch was very controlled and consistent. 
I was surprised especially from mid to far table power loops. (Rubber was a 2.1mm T05) 
I read that this blade has quite a number of gears which I can fully agree. 

The "kick" when you put in power, and the stability it provides; The feeling was a first for me. (Nothing like I've ever tried. Innerforce Layer ZLC/ ALC.S/ ALC didn't feel like that) 
Like a first kiss! Clap

Now I know why there are so many positive reviews regarding the Acoustic series. I got to agree, it is a good blade/series. 

Edited by Chewy - 09/20/2017 at 3:48am
timoboll86 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2017 at 7:06am
I have one
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic