Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BTY Zhang-Jike blade (FL) arrives today!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
KLHfans View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLHfans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BTY Zhang-Jike blade (FL) arrives today!
    Posted: 08/09/2011 at 1:42pm
Hi all:

My Butterfly Zhang-Jike  blade (FL) arrives this morning.  The handle is much thicker than the usual
butterfly blades and I feel great just holding it.  The blade weighs 90g, a bit heavy than my usual setup, so I will stick my 1.9mm Tenergy (instead of 2.1mm) for now in testing it. 
The blade looks liked Viscaria to me but the handle is more bulky than Viscaria.  Great feeling
on the handle.  The dwell time is great for this blade as I can grab the ball when looping quite
easily.  Backhand is great for this blade, as I don't need to adapt to this blade for executing
my backhand loop off the bounce from inside as well as away from table.  I do need to adjust to
the forehand loop as it's heavier than my KLHS (ALC) beforehand.  Overall, I like it so far.

happy-ping-pong

klhfans

Edited by KLHfans - 08/09/2011 at 6:05pm
Sponsored Links

bayttplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2011 at 7:07pm
why don't you use KLH..Wink
Is it 90g too heavy to you? I think you should ask for the weigh you want when you order it.
Innerforce-ZLC FL + H3 + T80

KLHfans View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLHfans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2011 at 7:11pm
I asked for the lightest one but they only offer a 90g for me!  I think ZJK ALC is heavy!

Have you found your new blade yet after selling many of your great weapons?

I might have to change my alias from KLHfans to ZJKfans soon!

KLHfans --> ZJKfans
Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2011 at 7:30pm
What size is the  handle? Is it bigger than the Timo ALC?
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
bayttplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bayttplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2011 at 7:31pm
poor guy...no money...Cry...
so, I just use my broken Ti5.4 until not working anymore..

BTW, I have 2 unopen bryce speed FX red max...sell for $105...let me know if you have any friend want it...poor guy...no money...Cry...

Innerforce-ZLC FL + H3 + T80

mizutani_jun View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizutani_jun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2011 at 7:53pm
What is the outer ply?
limba or koto?
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2011 at 8:04pm
Very nice looking handle. Simple and elegant. The top plies kinda look like ayous? and the core maybe limba?
AllezCho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllezCho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2011 at 8:42pm
Outer ply is definitely Koto.

Nice blade! How much did you get it for?
Viscaria
T05/T64
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2011 at 8:27pm

Hi,can i know where u can get it now,I dint think japan have stock untill Aug 21,

I guess you can get it now at china and hong kong...

Edited by nittakuball - 08/10/2011 at 8:37pm
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2011 at 8:29pm

The KLHS is a light blade, so it's not surprising that the 90g seems heavy.  My backup blade is KLSH at 83 g and my main blade is TB ALC at 93 g.

Is the new blade carbon arylate also?

You mentioned a bigger handle and someone asked for a comparison to the TB ALC; I'd be interested in your answer to that too.  The KLHS handle is smaller and more oval (round) compared to the TB ALC handle, although I've gotten used to going back and forth.

louisc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2011 at 10:33am
Any review about the blade?

Timo Boll ALC ST

FH:Tenergy 05 2.1 Black

BH:Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
Lan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2011 at 12:19pm
what 'the difference between alc and zlc?
btw looks delicious;)

KLHfans View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KLHfans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2011 at 2:12pm
I got it at Japan.  They claim that the blade is available on 8/21 but if you make the
pre-order early enough, they will ship it out once they get it. 

I made the pre-order on 7/28 or so, the second day when they posted the availability
of the pre-order on the Japan website.

One can also get the blade in China, (usually Taobao.com) and China also sells
both the FL and the CS version while Japan only sells FL but no CS version.

I am not 100% sure if Zhang Jike is using this blade, since he won his world championship
with Viscaria he picked on the shelf from a regular commercial store instead of from BTY specialized
made for him.  However, I saw Chen Qi is using ZJK-FL on the picture someone took.  I would
assume since ZJK is a BTY sponsored player, he will be asked to use this new blade and I
really doubt if this new blade going to be significantly different from Viscaria, beside the
thicker handle(which for me, is the best feeling handle I have so far, I have tested more than
closed to 100+ BTY blades and other stiga/DHS blades before and make my statement).

BTY has stopped Viscaria production and I would assume this is a replacement of Viscaria.

klhfans --> zjkfans
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2011 at 5:06am

any review

DHS 032

Singapore & Canada

johnny89atc View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny89atc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2011 at 6:23am
I think that ejmaster made a small review in another thread...
Blade: OSP Virtuoso-L RST 87gr
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.1
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2011 at 7:16am
The zjk blade is different from the Viscaria zjk is supposed to use. In fact zjk seems still has not change his blade. And if he does maybe he will change the handle.
I am using a heavy and thick Viscaria that looks similar to zjks one and i do not like the zjk blade as much.

The zjk blade is stiffer and harder but much less sensitive. I do not feel as comfortable as playing with the viscaria or the tb alc. though less vibration in the zjk, it has worse control.

The heavy Viscaria is more powerful than the zjk i received. Maybe other Viscarias feel different.

Blocking with the zjk is more difficult. In fact in the videos both chen qi and yan an seem to have also some issues when blocking with the ball going flat long.

Chen qi and Yan An are using the zjk blade.

I sold the blade to a friend in the ejclub who maybe is going to like it more than me.  

Edited by ejmaster - 08/21/2011 at 7:30am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2011 at 9:13am
I was afraid of this, the ZJK blade being stiffer and harder because of Arylate-Carbon layer position. Innerforce ALC has the layer located under 2 layers of wood, but in this ZJK blade it´s located under the first layer of wood.
I will think twice if I´m really gonna get one.
Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2011 at 3:33pm
Hi,so you guys saying that  ZJK-FL is more harder and faster than Viscaria ?
If this is right i going to get one because i try the Viscaria and is too soft and abit slow for me.

Thanks

Edited by nittakuball - 08/21/2011 at 3:34pm
DHS 032

Singapore & Canada

ThaiLe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThaiLe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2011 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by nittakuball nittakuball wrote:

If this is right i going to get one because i try the Viscaria and is too soft and abit slow for me.

Thanks

ZJK-FL is harder, faster, and has more solid feel than Viscaria.  The Flared handle is kinda bigger and squarish instead of round which makes it more stable when blocking.

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2011 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by ThaiLe ThaiLe wrote:

Originally posted by nittakuball nittakuball wrote:

Thanks

ZJK-FL is harder, faster, and has more solid feel than Viscaria.  The Flared handle is kinda bigger and squarish instead of round which makes it more stable when blocking.

weight is important. a 87 gr viscaria is not the same as a 94 gr. viscaria. besides there are different batches or series. i had several viscarias and there were noticeable differences.

heavy weight arylate carbon (tb alc, viscaria, mm) are all very stable to block. however the zjk is harder than those ones to control blocking. the harder feel imo does not help.

The handle is not bigger than what it used to be in tb alc, tbs. It looks but it is not. And it is not squarish. Maybe flattens a little bit. It is not anything special. It does not bring anything better. 
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2011 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by rpbnakata rpbnakata wrote:

I was afraid of this, the ZJK blade being stiffer and harder because of Arylate-Carbon layer position. Innerforce ALC has the layer located under 2 layers of wood, but in this ZJK blade it´s located under the first layer of wood.
I will think twice if I´m really gonna get one.

most alc blades have the same order of composition. just the innerforce is as you mentioned
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2011 at 9:12am

Well, I thought twice and despite some reviews here I just got my Zhang Jike. Went to Tokyo today and choose among 5 blades in 2 TT stores. It is heavy. Weight variation went from 86g to 92g. I picked an 88g exemplar. There are also small differences in shape and handle from one blade to another, craftsmanship is good but not so regular. I found some to measure 156x149mm. Mine is 157.5x150mm. I also picked the thickest one in handle, measuring 23.5mm in the middle of handle (yes, I always carry a paquimeter when I go shopping). Some others were very narrow, with 22mm at the same section.

I would buy a Iolite Neo but its handle is just awful, too thin and the blade becomes head-heavy. I definately give up this blade.

Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2011 at 9:27am
Originally posted by rpbnakata rpbnakata wrote:

Well, I thought twice and despite some reviews here I just got my Zhang Jike. Went to Tokyo today and choose among 5 blades in 2 TT stores. It is heavy. Weight variation went from 86g to 92g. I picked an 88g exemplar. There are also small differences in shape and handle from one blade to another, craftsmanship is good but not so regular. I found some to measure 156x149mm. Mine is 157.5x150mm. I also picked the thickest one in handle, measuring 23.5mm in the middle of handle (yes, I always carry a paquimeter when I go shopping). Some others were very narrow, with 22mm at the same section.

I would buy a Iolite Neo but its handle is just awful, too thin and the blade becomes head-heavy. I definately give up this blade.

this is the way to shop, with all the tools in hand, lol. nice buy.

however ... if you pick the bigger blade face with the thickest handle in 88 gr. i guess the blade maybe is a little bit thinner or less solid (less powerful) what i wouldn't advice about it.

it is complicated to have everything in life.

i would get the 92 gr. sample. handle in anycase is ok. imo.

the zjk i got was fast but not so powerful, and the handle was fine but not thick.  

Edited by ejmaster - 08/22/2011 at 9:43am
EJ Club.

Counterlooper View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Counterlooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2011 at 1:28am
could someone tell me how this new zjk blade compares to the iolite? not neo but just normal iolite? thanks

Edited by Counterlooper - 08/23/2011 at 1:29am
Using Butterfly's Iolite FL handle
FH: Bryce FX
BH: Scriver EL
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 11:51pm
I used T05 on my ZJK blade tonite, it was balanced and easy to play with. I've had 3 Iolite Neo blades before, my conclusion is that the ZJK blade is a re-badged Iolite Neo.

They both play exactly the same, very nicely. LOL  there were no adjustments needed.

ZJK + National T05(2.1) + Dawei 388C-1 (1.8) = Perfection. Clap  Its my main blade now.

Edited by jt99sf - 09/07/2011 at 4:38pm
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2011 at 4:30pm
iolite neo? interesting....

i was thinking rebadged viscaria or viscaria light....

what's the thickness of ZJK?   Iolite neo i think is 7.5mm, while Viscaria is 5.8mm. 
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2011 at 1:36pm
so it doesnt play like the original viscaria?
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2011 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

so it doesnt play like the original viscaria?

No, not at all that slow. Very crisp & precise shots.

LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2011 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

what's the thickness of ZJK?   Iolite neo i think is 7.5mm, while Viscaria is 5.8mm. 

I don't think he was being literal. Iolite Neo is very thick with Hinoki outer plies. Very different construction from ZJK. But maybe they do play very similar.

jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2011 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

I don't think he was being literal. Iolite Neo is very thick with Hinoki outer plies. Very different construction from ZJK. But maybe they do play very similar.

The ZJK (5.7) is thinner than the Iolite Neo (7.2), plays very similar.  I'll post pics soon. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic