Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XIOM Offensive S review.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
laki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2013 at 5:34am
I found an interesting review of xiom offensive s at one Chinese website saying that the inner core of the blade is paulownia (if my google translated it correctly), which is kiri wood, i think...
Stiga Clipper CC
FH: Xiom Vega Pro
BH: Joola X-plode
Sponsored Links

laki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2013 at 5:45am
Sorry for reviving the old topic, but I recently bought this blade and I was curious so I searched the net a bit.
Anyway, I am trilled with the blade I am starting to fall in love with it. It made me come back to all wood blade again, and I almost forgot the feeling that it gives you. Astounding ...
P.S. Anton, that was a remarkable review. You really hit the spot with it Thumbs Up. It made me buy this blade and I don't regret one second of it. I look forward to any of your reviews. Cheears.
Stiga Clipper CC
FH: Xiom Vega Pro
BH: Joola X-plode
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/2014 at 10:21pm
resurrecting this since im curious about this blade:

been looking for a korbel ST for a reasonable price but I found few alternatives, this being one of them.

how would this blade play with Xiom Vega rubbers, especially Pro version?

also how different/similar is it to a korbel ST in terms of feel, handle size, etc?

in terms of finish, does this blade splinter easily?

Edited by DreiZ - 11/19/2014 at 10:28pm
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 12:24am
Feel is medium like the Korbel, but Off S is definitely stiffer. ST handle is definitely not square; it's wider than Korbel, but around the same thickness. Korbel is more head heavy. If you try Korbel and feel like you need something a hair faster and a smidgeon stiffer, Off S is your blade.

Most rubbers will play well on this blade. It's not too soft nor too hard, not too stiff nor too flexible, not too thick nor too thin- it's a very balanced blade. Moderately fast. Can play close to the table and at mid distance, not recommended to play with far from the table (but really, who's going to be playing back there with the new ball).

The blade has a very smooth finish, you might want to seal very very lightly just in case but I wouldn't worry about it.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

Feel is medium like the Korbel, but Off S is definitely stiffer. ST handle is definitely not square; it's wider than Korbel, but around the same thickness. Korbel is more head heavy. If you try Korbel and feel like you need something a hair faster and a smidgeon stiffer, Off S is your blade.

Most rubbers will play well on this blade. It's not too soft nor too hard, not too stiff nor too flexible, not too thick nor too thin- it's a very balanced blade. Moderately fast. Can play close to the table and at mid distance, not recommended to play with far from the table (but really, who's going to be playing back there with the new ball).

The blade has a very smooth finish, you might want to seal very very lightly just in case but I wouldn't worry about it.

thanks for the input!

How would Vega Pro both sides play on this blade,

would it be comparable to Korbel + T05 both sides?
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 11:18pm
I feel that Vega Pro and T05 are rather different, VP is harder and deader and I think it would work better on a Korbel, but as I said before Off S is a blade that works well with pretty much any rubber. As long as you're comfortable with the rubber, it will probably work with the Off S.

One more thing, if you can do a knock test with your Off S before buying that would probably be good. Just hold the edges of the blade head with your thumb and middle finger, and knock the flat of the handle lightly against your forehead. A higher pitched sound means a harder blade, and shorter vibrations means the blade is stiffer.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

I feel that Vega Pro and T05 are rather different, VP is harder and deader and I think it would work better on a Korbel, but as I said before Off S is a blade that works well with pretty much any rubber. As long as you're comfortable with the rubber, it will probably work with the Off S.

One more thing, if you can do a knock test with your Off S before buying that would probably be good. Just hold the edges of the blade head with your thumb and middle finger, and knock the flat of the handle lightly against your forehead. A higher pitched sound means a harder blade, and shorter vibrations means the blade is stiffer.

Sounds good. I wouldn't be able to get a hold of off s without buying it. But it's the second best choice after korbel st.

Which rubber out of xiom family matches to t05 in your opinion?
And would it ^ match well on off s, identical both sides.

sorry if im asking a lot of questions.

Edited by DreiZ - 11/20/2014 at 11:34pm
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 11:54pm
I've only really hit with Vega Pro and I found it hard to control compared to T05, but then again I normally use Sriver 2.1 so I would find a lot of modern rubbers uncontrollable LOL

I'm sure somewhere in the XIOM lineup you could find a rubber that you would be comfortable playing with, but I haven't played with any of them

There are a ton of threads on XIOM rubbers that would help much better than I can.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 4:00pm
vega pro for me took a little bit to get used to. I really really like it right now though. I remember when it was first getting out there, William henzell gave it really really high praise. It's really stable, I wouldn't call it dead by any means, it's just more linear than tenergy. It still has really good catapult when not being completely passive. But you can get some really great spin out of it. I consider it a fast rubber, and I use it on defplay. So I'm sure it's plenty fast on any other blade. In my opinion, the xiom rubbers that are in the $50-60 range don't really have much if anything over vega pro for 38 bucks.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

vega pro for me took a little bit to get used to. I really really like it right now though. I remember when it was first getting out there, William henzell gave it really really high praise. It's really stable, I wouldn't call it dead by any means, it's just more linear than tenergy. It still has really good catapult when not being completely passive. But you can get some really great spin out of it. I consider it a fast rubber, and I use it on defplay. So I'm sure it's plenty fast on any other blade. In my opinion, the xiom rubbers that are in the $50-60 range don't really have much if anything over vega pro for 38 bucks.

Which vega do you think is comparable to t05?
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2014 at 4:16pm
Have someone tried it with the Airoc M? 
ThijsG View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThijsG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2015 at 2:55am
faster than the korbel?

too bad I was looking for the same or slightly slower but withe the same feel and bigger handle
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2015 at 5:57pm
actually the off s has a bigger handle the korbel blade it is a bit wider and for biegn a bit slower i wouldnt worry as it is an excellent controll blade with a couple sheets of vega europe it gives everything you need in a blade
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2015 at 6:21pm
shameless plug - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=73856&title=f-s-xiom-stradivarius-and-xiom-offensive-s

i m selling my used(2 months only) one for 35$ including shipping/fees.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic