Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OSP blades clan members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2013 at 6:39pm
Hi Barnaby, take care on your fingers. It must be something really wrong. We use really expensive and high quality veneers to make OSP Blades. On the picture it is absolutely like fish bones so we kindly ask you to contact us via the email address we notified you about tracking number in order to manage examination. We will replace your blade case of any kind of failure of raw material or manufacturing.
we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
Sponsored Links

bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2013 at 7:11pm
Thank you, OSP.  I am sure everyone here is happy to know that you stand behind your products with such a dedicated customer support effort.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2013 at 6:34pm
After much head/desk interfacing, I find myself back with my V- M elcon. Still the best 5 ply wood I've ever used.

I'm considering an s shape one to cut down some of the flex when using heavier rubbers. Can anyone give any insight on this? Good idea or no? If not, I'll probably just get another m size as backup (I.e. for rubber ejing)

Ta!
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2013 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

After much head/desk interfacing, I find myself back with my V- M elcon. Still the best 5 ply wood I've ever used.

I'm considering an s shape one to cut down some of the flex when using heavier rubbers. Can anyone give any insight on this? Good idea or no? If not, I'll probably just get another m size as backup (I.e. for rubber ejing)

Ta!

I've been giving thought to ordering an OFF- with SQST handle...

...then again the JO Shape WSC is soooo good
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2013 at 6:58pm
The JO shapes seem to be making a comeback over at tt11. The wsc is one of those blades I've wanted to try, but I got stung by an ovtcharov soft carbon a few months back. Most uncomfortable wings I've ever seen. Couldn't use it. Donic on my naughty list until after Xmas now.

Virtuoso all the way. Expect a mad equipment purge in the fs section soon.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2013 at 7:03pm
JO shape is outrageously comfortable. pm me with a sneak peak of the upcoming purge
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2013 at 7:08pm
Yeah, it's an irrational, futile, childish gesture. Just so me!

I'm 99% sure there's nothing you want in my stock, but you're welcome to have a nosey.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2013 at 7:12pm

Yeah, it's an irrational, futile, childish gesture. Just so me!

I'm 99% sure there's nothing you want in my stock, but you're welcome to have a nosey.
no, i'm with you.  I boycotted butterfly for a long time until prices came down. and I still boycott stiga bc they love to sell crazy overpriced premades and their "finishing" on blades is pitiful

and now let me turn the thread back to OSP.

OSP has a warm place in my heart after wonderful experiences with all of my Experts. so I'm always anxious and eager to try an OSP product Clap
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2013 at 7:49am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

OSP has a warm place in my heart after wonderful experiences with all of my Experts. so I'm always anxious and eager to try an OSP product Clap
Have you tried a V- before?

Edited by AndySmith - 10/30/2013 at 7:50am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2013 at 8:36am

Interesting -another 'Best Eva''!

Could you please explain how your new flame (Virtuoso) is better than your old wife (Li Shiwen)?!
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2013 at 8:44am

Have you tried a V- before?

i think you sent one to me in Kuwait and it didn't suit my fancy at the time

i have a feeling I would like it now though
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2013 at 9:11am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Interesting -another 'Best Eva''!

Could you please explain how your new flame (Virtuoso) is better than your old wife (Li Shiwen)?!

It's more like reuniting with an old ex, feeling the spark again, and then ditching the new, much-younger trophy girlfriend for a deeper, more satisfying experience.

There are a lot of similarities between the LSW and V-.  LSW is a touch quicker I suppose.  The main thing is feel.  The LSW has that plastic-y ZLF feel.  When looping, they perform quite similarly.  In the more touchy shots, the V- just feels better.  LSW feels distant, sometimes confusing.  V- tells you what just happened, and why.  Aggressive shots are just as good with both blades, but close control feels much nicer with the V-.

LSW is a great blade, but when I keep coming back to the V- time and time again, I need to pay attention.
109eh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 109eh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2013 at 12:43pm
Hello OSP clan members,
I would buy a OSP Ultimate blade (shakehand)!
do someone sell your OSP Ultimate blade?  PM, please
Thanks a lot!
See TT videos on http://www.youtube.com/user/109eh
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2013 at 10:52pm
Hello folks,
next week I should join your OSP club as a proud Expert FL owner Hug

Since I am actually still learning to play properly, I am sure that for some time I will certainly not be able to benefit from what this blade can do, but couldn't resist buying it, I admire the craftsmanship alone so much!

Now, please can you be so kind to give me a hand here? Which rubbers do you recommend for this beauty? What rubbers are the best match for it?
As a beginner for now I use classic rubbers. For couple of last months I train 2-3 times a week with BTY Primorac Off- (Japanese version) with red Mark V 2.0 FH and Coppa Tagora (mid-soft version of Coppa) 2.0 BH. I train to become allround/off player, two wings looping, no chopping at all.
I realized I hate soft FH rubbers even if they are often recommended for beginners. I even liked the feeling of Mark V in 1.8mm, though looping an underspin with it can be (for me at least) quite tricky.

1. Would the same rubber combination work well on Expert?
2. Should I try Expert at all now, or wait some more 'till my level gets higher?
And, finally
3. when time comes, what goes best with Expert, soft, mid or hard rubber and in which thickness?

THX a million in advance!

Edited by vajica - 11/02/2013 at 11:08pm
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 2:11am
You will find the expert is slightly slower than the primorac. The expert has more flex and a different feel about it. The expert plays very well with hard sponges so you can go that way if you like. The fatter handle on the expert will be the biggest change to get used to
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 6:23am
Hello guys,

I'm Geswin and i would like to joint this wonderful Clan.
I get my first OSP virtuoso plus in second hand around 5 months ago and I'm in love with the handle(Elcon), feel and manufacturing.
Will soon get another one or two depending on how much i can save(still a uni student).
Has anyone tried the V'King? any review?
Thanks
Fan of ELCON/conic handle
V'King 05/ Sigma 2 euro/ hexer+
Virtuoso+ Hexer HD/ SE II euro
Accoustic Vega japan / P3
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2013 at 6:54am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

You will find the expert is slightly slower than the primorac. The expert has more flex and a different feel about it. The expert plays very well with hard sponges so you can go that way if you like. The fatter handle on the expert will be the biggest change to get used to

great, so the control shouldn't be worse than that of Primorac Smile

so, about the rubber, e.g. Tibhar 1Q in 1.7 or 1.9 could be a good step forward?

Edited by vajica - 11/03/2013 at 6:56am
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2013 at 6:36am
Originally posted by geswin geswin wrote:

Hello guys,

I'm Geswin and i would like to joint this wonderful Clan.
I get my first OSP virtuoso plus in second hand around 5 months ago and I'm in love with the handle(Elcon), feel and manufacturing.
Will soon get another one or two depending on how much i can save(still a uni student).
Has anyone tried the V'King? any review?
Thanks

ELCON is wonderful.  Even when I'm playing badly, I just love holding the bat!  Super stuff.

Not sure that anyone has gone for a V'King yet...I'm also curious about it.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2013 at 5:29pm
you can't go wrong putting TG3neo on the FH of an Expert... they go together like peanut butter and jelly

your current backhand rubber or something similar should be fine on the backhand... if it's a tensor, i wouldn't go above 1.8mm
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2013 at 5:30pm
And let me tell you how great my V- is.

Played a league match tonight.  Not a great performance - only won 1 of my 3 (lost a close one 11-9 in the final set, and the doubles went the distance too).  Anyway, early on I was going for a fast topspin serve down the line (round-the-corner pendulum type thing) and hit myself in the head with my blade.  Above the eye socket, bleeding a bit, swollen up, hard to open my eyelid.  Won the point though.

Even though the V- is physically abusing me, it's still my favourite blade.  That's how good it is.  Good enough to put up with a violent relationship.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2013 at 5:30pm

ELCON is wonderful.  Even when I'm playing badly, I just love holding the bat! 

Andy, you're hilarious. I've decided that you're the funniest member of mytt LOL
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2013 at 5:35pm

And let me tell you how great my V- is.

Played a league match tonight.  Not a great performance - only won 1 of my 3 (lost a close one 11-9 in the final set, and the doubles went the distance too).  Anyway, early on I was going for a fast topspin serve down the line (round-the-corner pendulum type thing) and hit myself in the head with my blade.  Above the eye socket, bleeding a bit, swollen up, hard to open my eyelid.  Won the point though.

Even though the V- is physically abusing me, it's still my favourite blade.  That's how good it is.  Good enough to put up with a violent relationship.

I've updated my avatar in honour of my self-abuse.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2013 at 5:36pm

Andy, you're hilarious. I've decided that you're the funniest member of mytt LOL

I don't know - that ejmaster is pretty funny.  And I'm almost sure it's intentional.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2013 at 5:36pm

For me, it just makes me so happy or I'm just so content by just holding the Anatomic handle, even when I'm NOT playing....
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2013 at 5:37pm

you can't go wrong putting TG3neo on the FH of an Expert... they go together like peanut butter and jelly

your current backhand rubber or something similar should be fine on the backhand... if it's a tensor, i wouldn't go above 1.8mm

nope, Coppa Tagora is also classic rubber, softer then regular Coppa, harder then Tenero.
I always thought that TG3 is only for folks who can play like Chinese players (on the move 110% of the time, ideal timings, full body shots), so I had more in mind something euro/jap Embarrassed

How big leap would it be, going from Mark V to TG3 Neo?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2013 at 5:44pm
you would be surprised how easy it is to play with TG3neo on an Expert

Andy, I concur, ejmaster is awfully funny. I'll put him at #2 on my list
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2013 at 5:49pm

you would be surprised how easy it is to play with TG3neo on an Expert

it'll cost me only 18.95 shipped from Hong Kong to find out LOL
THX!
mepper59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mepper59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 7:30am
Hey guy's,
i am still a member of this wonderful blade club. I switched back and forth between Expert/Virtuoso the last 2 years, used about 30 rubbers, and that made me see that as OSP says " there is no best blade, the blade that suits me is the best" My experience is that the blades are so versatile that it doesnot really matter what kind of rubber i put on, it just takes some time to get used (again). At the moment i play my original V-, flared/91 grams, which by the way got heavier during the 2 years, anyone who can explain this? It was 88 grams when i purchased it in september 2011.It is no bother ,i even feel it's an advantage.More power.
Its amazing to feel the feedback ,just as you said ,i just love to have the blade in my hand. The balance is so good, thats one big difference with the "normal" blades and i can tell because i work in a tt-shop, i have played/tested dozens of them. I sometimes let another player  play with my V-,so they can experience the difference for themselves,and i am always surprised at the inner smile i feel when i get my own blade back. Also their surprise that a blade can be so "talkative" instead of a dead piece of wood.
I sold my expert to someone who plays a TBS, i am curious to hear his experience. Let you know.
My setup at the moment is V- with rakza soft 2.0/fh and vega europe 1.8/ bh. I like the vega better on my fh as i play close to table, but i have no money right now to buy another sheet of vega. It will come in time. It feels like my succes setup before OSP came into my life. I played a primorac/fl/85 grams with donic F3 big slam/fh/1.8 and i could rip/smash/loop everything that was longer than 15 cm behind the net. Loved it! I was feared by  many players for my devastating FH.Even chopping was a breeze(if neccesary)WinkNow it even feels better,more power combined with more gears.
So for me,thanx OSP, love your stuff. 
p.s. i am also curious about the V+ or V'king,but that has no hurry.For now i am pleased with the V-.
SmileSmileSmile

There's no way but your own experience way.
blade OSP Virtuoso / custom Alser grip
FH tenergy 05 1.9
BH rozena 1.9
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2013 at 5:45pm
Also, when you open a package, and inside awaits a new osp blade. The smell of lightly toasted uber-wood. Fab.
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2013 at 6:07pm
I have just joined the OSP Clan...

I have just purchased an unused OSP Virtuoso ST SQ.

I don't know if I should play with it or frame it.

It's beautiful.

Can any of you OSP gurus tell me how it will play compared to my current set up, with the same rubbers pease..?

I may save the experience. ...

Edited by CraneStyle - 11/07/2013 at 6:20pm
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 19>
  Share Topic