Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

OSP blades clan members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2013 at 4:09am
In several week i will become a full fledged OSP clan member.
I bought a new V'King hopefully and it will be the end of EJing for me.
Many rubbers to come though.

Fan of ELCON/conic handle
V'King 05/ Sigma 2 euro/ hexer+
Virtuoso+ Hexer HD/ SE II euro
Accoustic Vega japan / P3
Sponsored Links

vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2013 at 3:30pm
Got my blade, and it really is a thing of beauty! Approve

It is a smaller version of Expert FL (150x158), and the handle is in fact not that much bigger then on my old Primo FL.

I don't have TG3 yet, so I slapped on some black GD TopENERGY Soft 2.0 that was lying around, and boy do I like the combo!!!!
Slow when you need it, fast when you do things right, great stuff :)

Yet, as I don't know the difference between Topenergy and TG3, I don't know if I am actually missing something.

The only remaining question is BH side, wouldn't want anything too fast and bouncy, good old Mark V in 2.0 would probably be the safe choice, but perhaps I could try something else...
Anyone familiar with Xiom Musa perhaps?

Edited by vajica - 11/26/2013 at 3:34pm
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2013 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by geswin geswin wrote:

In several week i will become a full fledged OSP clan member.
I bought a new V'King hopefully and it will be the end of EJing for me.
Many rubbers to come though.
I'm already a full fledged OSP Clan member. The V'King Anatomic hopefully would be that blade which ultimately could end my EJing journey.
The only last step for me to do is find a way or/and a good day to convince my Lady that this V'King would be "IT".
Gotta do my sweet taking before Xmas....Big smile
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2013 at 7:24am
Smile

andy.h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy.h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2013 at 12:12pm
How long does it usually take to make the blade and ship it to the USA? I ordered on November 11 and haven't heard from them ever since. 
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2013 at 1:43pm
About a week to two weeks and same for delivery
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2013 at 4:03pm
Just wait. Mine havent come also. Next weeks you will problaby get it.
andy.h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy.h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2013 at 11:04am

Just wait. Mine havent come also. Next weeks you will problaby get it.
It's been one month already, still not even a word from them.

OSP people, are you still reading this thread? Is more than 1 month wait ok ?
flatstyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatstyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2013 at 1:17pm
I have three OSP blades.  The quickest was two or three weeks.  The longest might have been 6 weeks to delivery.  However in all cases they should have given you a confirmation of the order and a notice of shipping from their end, which provides tracking to the destination country.  I know in the one that took "forever" for me, it went fine from OSP to the US and then it was at least a month to be delivered via US registered mail.  I assume that means it sometimes gets hung up in a customs type clearing procedure?  Email an inquiry to OSP and let them know your situation.
[SIZE]V-14 Pro C-pen

FH MX-P

BH Vega Europe/ Fastarc S1
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2013 at 6:52pm
I've been waiting for 5 weeks. 1 weeks faster than you. Its just might be the post office was not good.
By the way have you get the confirmation of the delivery? Just asking.
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2013 at 7:51pm
It always takes 1-2 weeks to make the blade and 4 or 5 weeks in the mail for me. So between 5 and 7 weeks in total
andy.h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy.h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2013 at 9:29pm

I've been waiting for 5 weeks. 1 weeks faster than you. Its just might be the post office was not good.
By the way have you get the confirmation of the delivery? Just asking.
No! All I got is order confirmation. Nothing since then, so I'm afraid they haven't mailed it yet.

geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/11/2013 at 10:39pm
You better email them, dont just post in this forum.
I think its [email protected], just give them an e mail for them to look at
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2013 at 4:02pm
currently have a 7 ply carbon..nice blade but considering going wood with OSP looking at the V+.. My game has developed into a close to the table affair..pushes/serves to setup BS loops..FH top spin drives.. blocks,a smash now and then... 
When I look the the OSP site and compare the V- to the V + it seems the V+ would be the better blade for my  game .. comments would be welcome..
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2013 at 4:43pm
Might aswell consider v king. Can not give review yet of what might v king be. From 7 ply carbon you might wanted to consider something else. V plus is not that fast.
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2013 at 7:40am
for a wood blade v+ is quite fast.what you gain is more controll with more flex and a better feedback from the blade.
and the grips are really nice.it has the power when needed to finish the point.i didnt find the v-king as fast as the v-plus.just a note geswin you have the sigma 2 europe on a v-plus and you dont find it fast.
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2013 at 8:07am
patrick can you give a review of the V'King?
V+ is quite fast for a wood blade, what I wanted to say is that from a 7 ply carbon which would be freaking fast it is wise to do not go to extreme into virtuoso for example and wanted to imply that v+ is just a tad faster than Virtuoso.
Well, sorry to give a misleading statement. And I don't think its fast enough though, maybe its because it was already 6 months old S2 euro when i used it and it was 10 months old now.  Wink
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2013 at 11:44am
@geswin:  thanks for the feedback I needed to be reminded that I would have an adjustment period moving to an entirely different blade including experimenting with rubbers etc.  Sometimes I get a little over board with trying something new and forget that the implied advantages to the new requires one to  experience the learning curve...

@Patrick:  Your points are well taken and the basic reasons for considering moving to a wood blade.  My current blade is a skinny and not considered that fast for 7-ply carbon but as my close to the table game style develops its seems a quality wood blade would enhance the playing style I just have to be willing to make the adjustment and afford a back up blade.  The positive feedback about the OSP blades on this forum have increased my confidence that the blade would be a good investment in my game.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2013 at 12:22pm
looking to buy Virtuoso+, Ultimate or V’king with ST handle
andy.h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy.h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 10:53am
Yesterday, after five weeks of silence I finally got an automated email from OSP: 

Your order is complete

WTF does that mean? They finally made it or did they ship it or they think it has been delivered?
Unbelievably frustrating experience so far. Hope that Virtuoso is worth all the waiting. 

vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 11:05am
Perhaps they were overcrowded already when you made your order :(
You're really waiting a bit long, and I understand you completely, but try to take into consideration that they are not Butterfly or Stiga, and don't have hundreds of premade blades lying around...

just my two cents Ermm
andy.h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy.h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 11:36am
Originally posted by vajica vajica wrote:

Perhaps they were overcrowded already when you made your order :(
You're really waiting a bit long, and I understand you completely, but try to take into consideration that they are not Butterfly or Stiga, and don't have hundreds of premade blades lying around...

Oh, I totally understand that they might have been super busy before Christmas. 

And, btw, I appreciate them taking their time to build a good (hopefully) blade instead of rushing. 

What I don't like is a lack of communication. If at my work I estimated a task at two weeks and then went stealth mode for 5 weeks - I would be long fired when I come back at the end of those 5 weeks saying - hey, I completed something but can't tell you what exactly :)

vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by andy.h andy.h wrote:

And, btw, I appreciate them taking their time to build a good (hopefully) blade instead of rushing. 

What I don't like is a lack of communication. If at my work I estimated a task at two weeks and then went stealth mode for 5 weeks - I would be long fired when I come back at the end of those 5 weeks saying - hey, I completed something but can't tell you what exactly :)

point taken Wink
I just hope that you will be enthusiastic enough 'bout your new blade, so that the waiting would be worth it
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 12:08pm
btw, does anyone have any broken OSP blade for sale?
One used FL handle would be very useful to me Smile
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 1:53pm

[QUOTE=vajica]Perhaps they were overcrowded already when you made your order :(

You seem to have little understanding of how a craftsman driven wood manufacturing shop survives in today's consumer driven mass produced environment.  The fact that you placed the order says you want something different then factory produced but expect the same level of consumer communications that you have gotten when purchasing a mass produced product .  You can count on your hand the number of shops in the world that produce custom hand made blades this alone should be a good indication how difficult it is for them to survive against modern day factories  and the marketing efforts that these firms use.  
I do hope your feedback does improve there ability to communicate and that you enjoy your new blade whenever it arrives..

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 2:32pm
They take holidays sometimes, it's probably the case with this blade. Completed means the blade is complete and not yet sent. You wont have it for another few weeks
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2013 at 2:48pm
They work only one week/month because of the very few orders.
geswin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geswin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2013 at 5:29am
Mine have arrived at melbourne. But sadly i went away for holiday.
andy.h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy.h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 12:06pm

Finally came!
It actually took them 5 weeks to make the blade. Laszlo emailed me shipping number after the blade was done, shipping took 2 weeks.

I have a question though - which side is FH and which is BH. I'd assume that side with the logo on handle is FH, but somehow it feels more comfortable the other way - with logo "looking" into my palm. Please help!

andy.h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy.h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2013 at 1:23pm

Which side is FH and which is BH? I'd assume that side with the logo on handle is FH, but somehow it feels more comfortable the other way - with logo "looking" into my palm. Please help!

The handle is not symmetrical, I've highlighted areas where right side differs from left. So it feels quite differently in your palm when logo faces your palm vs. logo facing the other way. 
Moving hand up and down I can find comfortable positions in both orientations, so I can't really tell which one if FH and which is BH. However, both me and my son agreed it feels more natural when the logo is looking into the palm (i.e. if you turn over what you see on the picture), which is weird - I always thought logo side is FH.

OSP Virtuoso handle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 19>
  Share Topic