FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New: Barwell Fleet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New: Barwell Fleet
    Posted: 09/07/2011 at 4:25am
This blade is like Ludeack Fleet, a normal Barwell with 2 layers of Glass Fibre.
I just wonder 2 layer of glass fibre make the price to 23.100 (22.000) Yen.

http://nittaku.com/products/racket/nc0348.html

It's thinner than Barwell 6.1 vs 6.6 mm
Weight is the same, average 88 gr.
I like the barwell design better than barwell fleet.

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Sponsored Links

vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2011 at 4:53am
I've stupidly broken my beloved 80 gr Barwell. Very hard to be an irresponsible ass. Now playing with MJ and crying crying crying and missing allwood feeling. 
But idea of Barwell fleet is well expected. Though I need not any carbon in good "as it is" allwood blade. 
This is manufacturer's price. Iruiru will offer it for lower price. 

Edited by vic#74 - 09/07/2011 at 5:00am
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
YBFlash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YBFlash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2011 at 6:29am
Very beautiful blade...
Blade: OSP Virtuoso+
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2011 at 7:51am
Yeah, the most expensive Nittaku Blade, but not counting Nittaku Resoud since it's not mass produced and it's the most expensive blade in the world.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2011 at 1:26am
Although iruiru or tt-japan will offer it at lower prices, I am worried by all manufacturers progressively increasing the price of their new blades. Nittaku here is just following the Butterfly and Stiga trend.
As much as I worship Nittaku's blade making quality, I would never fork out so much money for a new blade. OTOH, there are a few gorgeous Nittaku blades that cost a fraction of that price and are still made in Japan.
I wonder when somebody will start of a "Boycott Nittaku" club...
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2011 at 7:57am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Although iruiru or tt-japan will offer it at lower prices, I am worried by all manufacturers progressively increasing the price of their new blades. Nittaku here is just following the Butterfly and Stiga trend.
As much as I worship Nittaku's blade making quality, I would never fork out so much money for a new blade. OTOH, there are a few gorgeous Nittaku blades that cost a fraction of that price and are still made in Japan.
I wonder when somebody will start of a "Boycott Nittaku" club...

you are right, 160 euros the barwell fleet is crazy.

and also nexy is joining that trend. 110 $ the spartacus is not cheap considering a tb alc in 135$. btfy has higuer marketing costs than nexy (sponsored players, and so on).

i think several manufacturers are joining that trend. 

Edited by ejmaster - 09/08/2011 at 8:00am
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2011 at 8:31am
You are absolutely right, but you also have to take into account sales volume. Do you know how big the nexy factory is (not a rhetorical question)?

Btw, any particular reason for having your email address in your signature? That could cause a lot of spam.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2011 at 6:47pm
Even though Iruiru will offer it at a different price, they are not going below 18,000 yen if I had to make a rough estimate, and thats being pretty generous to them, considering that would be like a 50$ drop, so maybe 19000/20000 yen is more realistic. Either way, this is the most expensive blade on the market now, thats as much/more than what it costs to get a custom (all wood) butterfly blade. 
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2011 at 6:56pm
Also the new nittaku rubber FLYATT
It says that its a speed based rubber, and uses the new AC technology that is used in Galze.
They are also re-releasing the blade of former Japanese national team member (and Chinese expat) Junko Haneyoshi (Li Jun), who was a chopper. She won two bronze medals in doubles at the '89 and '91 WTTC. 

Edited by liXiao - 09/08/2011 at 6:56pm
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
stereotip View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stereotip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2011 at 12:34am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Also the new nittaku rubber FLYATT
It says that its a speed based rubber, and uses the new AC technology that is used in Galze.
They are also re-releasing the blade of former Japanese national team member (and Chinese expat) Junko Haneyoshi (Li Jun), who was a chopper. She won two bronze medals in doubles at the '89 and '91 WTTC. 

Can you provide link to this blade. Thanks.

Edit.

Found.

http://nittaku.com/products/racket/nc0350.html

Edited by stereotip - 09/09/2011 at 12:37am
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2012 at 9:30am
86 g., 6.0 mm, not sounding fast at all, large sweet spot and uniform sound, seems to have some dwell despite the wallnut lamina, handle between Master and Legend, with some SQ elements. Will try it with two Xiom Vega Pro 2.0
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2012 at 9:58am

This an Off rather than Off+ blade, which surprizingly makes my modified Shark 2 on red sponge from Eacheng look better than an old T05 on the other side. Glassfibre is supposed to be there but is not felt or seen.
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2012 at 2:44pm
Barwell, and Barwell Fleet as well as Ludeack Fleet, Tenor, Acoustic, etc. are probably the high-end blades from Nittaku, especially the Barwell Fleet.  But I think Nittaku also offers several other blades that I think would be at reasonable prices such as Adelie, Rutis, Feruku, Noveliar, etc...

I guess Barwell Fleet could be a competitive blade to Bty ZLC blades and even though I'm an EJ, I'm not a rich EJ so I always shy away from those high-end expensive blades and rubbers.

But if you can afford the Barwell Fleet (or any ZLC blade) then I should say go for it.  It's a beautiful blade.

FireHorse
Current Setup:
Butterfly Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rassant Grip
BH: Andro Rassant PowerGrip
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2012 at 2:50pm
I'd like to hear more about this blade (though I'm highly unlikely to buy one).

I'd like even more to hear about the regular Barwell... which I'm terribly tempted to buy. Embarrassed

Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2012 at 3:23pm

I got it, the feeling of more dwell time with this blade comes from the harder outerply which deforms the ball so that it stays longer in contact with the blade.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2012 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

I'd like even more to hear about the regular Barwell... which I'm terribly tempted to buy. Embarrassed

Yasaka Extra Special is probably better investment for your money. These high-end Nittaku's lack the top gear.
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2012 at 3:57pm
i had the ludeack fleet and it is a good and controlable blade.

The issue i found is that i don´t like neither the glass/fiber (Fleet) nor glass/carbon (hk3). I rather like the A/C feeling or zylon feeling better or carbon feeling. maybe glass composite makes more woody feeling but there is less crispness and powerful feeling. so at the end i liked the normal all wood ludeack power better.  
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
Slade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2012 at 4:04pm
I have a used Ludeack Fleet laying around I could sell. Rather underwhelming blade I thought.
USATT 1700 ··· 11/02/2013   ◄ ПЕШ
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2012 at 2:00am
I've tried to bounce Barwell, Barwell Fleet and Yasaka Extra Special at kokusai takyu.
Yasaka Extra Special is the fastest and cheapest.
I ended buying Barwell Fleet But I already sold it to my friend.
If only Nittaku can make 2 kinds of FL handle like Stiga, then I might consider to buy Barwell again...
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2013 at 5:10am
Can anybody compare the Barwell Fleet with Ludeack Fleet? Thanks a lot!
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2014 at 5:28pm
<<Glassfibre is supposed to be there but is not felt or seen.>>

Interesting.  So it feels like a 100% wood blade?
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2014 at 4:06am
feeling is very close to an all-wood blade but some caracteristics are closer to a carbon blade because it has a bigger sweet-spot and more power than most all-wood blades. You can clearly see the difference if you try the Barwell and Barwell Fleet. I prefer the Barwell for my BH it is softer, more flexible and has more control. If prefer the Barwell Fleet on my FH because it has a bigger sweet-spot and more power.
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2014 at 5:23am
Anyone tried Barwell Fleet with H3 ?
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2014 at 12:01am
barwell fleet is listed slightly harder and faster than acoustic.

i just noticed nittaku has a listing on their blade performance charts for acoustic pro but nowhere did i see it for sale.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2014 at 5:16am
Barwell Fleet is now my favorite blade. I am using it for the last few monthes despite I am testing dozens of other blades and rubbers combined to them, I keep comming back to Barwell fleet. I agree it is not a speed monster OFF++, but still I find it faster than Ludeack fleet. Oddly, it has a rather soft touchy feel. Eventhow it has walnut outer ply, it feels softer than Ludeack fleet which has Limba. My loops are heavy and I don't have to force my motions to get such result. Combination with Xiom Sigma II euro is just perfect. Much better than with T64 or T05. I feel that Xiom rubbers are good enough to be favorably compared with best BTY products.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2014 at 3:08pm
I am using the Barwell and enjoying it.  At some point I may want some more speed tho.  What Nittaku wood or wood+glass blade (not carbon) would provide a bit more speed?
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2014 at 5:53pm
I think Barwell Fleet is the fastest Nittaku wood or glasfiber blade.
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2014 at 5:56pm
anecdotal info...and Nittaku's own speed rating indicate Barwell is faster than Barwell Fleet.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2014 at 6:36pm
really? That does not make sense and in practice the Fleet is clearly faster. 
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2014 at 6:40pm
With H3, any good?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic