Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New: Barwell Fleet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2014 at 7:09pm
well I believe you TTPING, but Nittaku's own website, paddle palace, and TTdb all have Barwell rated faster.
Sponsored Links

ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2014 at 7:12pm
on tabletennis11.com the Barwell is rated off while the Barwell Fleet is rated off+ 
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2014 at 10:23am
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

really? That does not make sense and in practice the Fleet is clearly faster. 

agree ! I recently switched from barwell fleet to barwell because fleet was a bit too fast for my level. I feel much more confident with regular barwell and it is indeed a bit slower than BF.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2014 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Jolan Jolan wrote:

agree ! I recently switched from barwell fleet to barwell because fleet was a bit too fast for my level. I feel much more confident with regular barwell and it is indeed a bit slower than BF.

How fast is the BF relative to the TB-ALC, JRE or MJ?
W0LovePP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W0LovePP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2014 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

I've tried to bounce Barwell, Barwell Fleet and Yasaka Extra Special at kokusai takyu.
Yasaka Extra Special is the fastest and cheapest.
I ended buying Barwell Fleet But I already sold it to my friend.
If only Nittaku can make 2 kinds of FL handle like Stiga, then I might consider to buy Barwell again...

Yasaka Extra Special is not bouncy, good for serve. It is very powerful. However, I personally do not like harder outer plies on the surface.
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2014 at 2:49pm
TTPing and Jolan, how does the balance of the BF compare to the B?  I am using the Barwell right now and it is a tad head-heavy, altho not nearly as head-heavy as the Adelie I briefly used.  I imagine the BF might be a bit less head-heavy due to extra 2mm on handle.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/01/2014 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

How fast is the BF relative to the TB-ALC, JRE or MJ?

BF is faster than JRE, has more power than TB-ALC but is less bouncy, slower than MJ but much more control.  
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk
andimn View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andimn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2014 at 10:25am
Hello Guys!

Recently i bought the Barwell Fleet and i dont choose the FH rubber for it, already have 4 new rubers that i bought for my old blade as so:

DHS HURRICANE NEO 3 2.0MM
VICTAS V> 01 LIMBER MAX
ANDRO RASANT TURBO 2.1MM
TIBHAR NIMBUS SOUND MAX

Already choose the  Nitakku Fastarc G1 for my BH. I need a ruber for my FH that help's me to play close do table because i am a physical deficient.

Can you guys help-me!

Thx

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2014 at 10:34am

BF is faster than JRE, has more power than TB-ALC but is less bouncy, slower than MJ but much more control.  

Thanks!

BTW, a couple of questions:
1. how soft is BF as compared to MJ, Acoustic Carbon or TB-ALC?
2. how is it's spin capability as compared to the above blades? I'm assuming as it has a walnut outer, it may not be high?
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2014 at 12:09pm
 BF users,

Could anyone rate BF's flat hit / smash abilities.  Does it feel powerful? And how does it compare to any well know blades.  Thanks.
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2014 at 1:24pm
BF is more a looper's blade than a hitter's. It behaves like the glassfiber dust layer was dampening the walnut hardness. Regular barwell is much more fitted for drives and smashes but also keeps the looping ability.
to comparé with a well know blade, I would say that BF is a bit slower than MJ, has à better control, is softer . Its biggest asset is its ability to provide abnormally heavy Topspin. Very powerful and spinny loops. Pair it with xiom sigma II euro and you will have a lethal weapon . If, like me, you are not a national champion, do it with barwell (regular) and you will have the same juicy feel but with a better control.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2014 at 1:47pm

BF is more a looper's blade than a hitter's. It behaves like the glassfiber dust layer was dampening the walnut hardness. Regular barwell is much more fitted for drives and smashes but also keeps the looping ability.
to comparé with a well know blade, I would say that BF is a bit slower than MJ, has à better control, is softer . Its biggest asset is its ability to provide abnormally heavy Topspin. Very powerful and spinny loops. Pair it with xiom sigma II euro and you will have a lethal weapon . If, like me, you are not a national champion, do it with barwell (regular) and you will have the same juicy feel but with a better control.
Jolan,
Very informative.
It's not that I don't topspin - would say I topspin 65% of the time, but I don't want a blade that has no power when smashing.  For topspin / flat hit / control, could you rate on a 10 scale the two Barwells and is the regular one great or just adequate for flat hit.  Thanks.
andimn View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andimn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2014 at 2:10pm
What MJ means?
andimn View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andimn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2014 at 2:11pm

What MJ Means?
J.P. Gatien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote J.P. Gatien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2014 at 2:13pm
Mizutani, Jun. (Blade) or Michael Jackson ;)

Edited by J.P. Gatien - 07/03/2014 at 2:13pm
andimn View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andimn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2014 at 8:50am
Originally posted by J.P. Gatien J.P. Gatien wrote:

Mizutani, Jun. (Blade) or Michael Jackson ;)

Lol THX!
andimn View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andimn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2014 at 1:50pm
If someone is interested to buy a BF, it is on expecial offer on tb11 for $169 USD :) 
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2014 at 11:27pm
What a great blade!

Compared to my ZJK-ALC (which is a proxy for all other ALC blades), it is harder, stiffer (giving it better control), low throw, slower on low impact strokes and much more powerful on full-on loops / smashes (best gears I've seen in a blade). Short game is excellent (better than TB-ALC family).

It is clearly an OFF+ blade. 

What sets it apart from other OFF+, hard blades is the amount of spin loaded in topspins - it is massive (more than the TB-ALC family, more than MJ). Quite deceiving as it does have walnut outers. It also grabs the ball (ball-bite) better than the koto-based ALC family does.

The other attribute that sets it apart is that in other OFF+ blades, one sometimes finds oneself having to hold back the power. Here you don't have to. On the flip side, you have to put more effort into your stroke than you have to with a TB-ALC or a MJ.

This is purely a looper's blade. I wouldn't buy if if I'm a hitter.
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 1:37am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

What a great blade!

Compared to my ZJK-ALC (which is a proxy for all other ALC blades), it is harder, stiffer (giving it better control), low throw, slower on low impact strokes and much more powerful on full-on loops / smashes (best gears I've seen in a blade). Short game is excellent (better than TB-ALC family).

It is clearly an OFF+ blade. 

What sets it apart from other OFF+, hard blades is the amount of spin loaded in topspins - it is massive (more than the TB-ALC family, more than MJ). Quite deceiving as it does have walnut outers. It also grabs the ball (ball-bite) better than the koto-based ALC family does.

The other attribute that sets it apart is that in other OFF+ blades, one sometimes finds oneself having to hold back the power. Here you don't have to. On the flip side, you have to put more effort into your stroke than you have to with a TB-ALC or a MJ.

This is purely a looper's blade. I wouldn't buy if if I'm a hitter.

Nice review slevin!  Clap
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 5:03am
Sorry I have to say its not an off+ blade.

it's a great blade but not that fast. It's not stiff as any alc blade. Stiffer than allwood 7 ply blades but not that stiff like alc stuff (Not even M. Maze)

Weight balance, dwell time, feeling, speed-spin-control ratio is great. Finish is also excellent. But not that fast or stiff...

Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 7:28am
Originally posted by TSuBaSa TSuBaSa wrote:

Sorry I have to say its not an off+ blade.

Barwell is not OFF+ & not that stiff. IMHO, Barwell Fleet is at least a class faster than my 89g ZJK-ALC & my 87g Viscaria (new energies on the Viscaria, old tenergies on the BF). Much stiffer than the ALC blades. Stiffer than my old MJ.

Supposedly (I've tested both but not simultaneously) it is faster than the Ludeack Fleet which some forum members call OFF+.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 8:19am
I've played with ludeack, ludeack fleet, bar well fleet, m. Maze, spirit, TB alc etc....
IMHO, both m. Maze, tbs and TB alc are a bit faster and way stiffer than barwell fleet. The owner of that blade and my training partner also says bf is not an off+ blade at all.
I also think that ludeack fleet is not an off+ blade either. It's stiffer than ludeack and just a little bit faster but not much.
Maybe your bf is somehow way heavier than normal ones? Bf gives you a lift on higher impact and maybe you thought
its springier and faster.

Ps: I've played with the same t05fx rubbers on both ludeack, barwell fleet and m. Maze

Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 11:04am
my two cents.  played two sessions with BF (racket set  came with 2 Renanos Hold (RH)).  Certainly a solid blade, no vibrations (stiff), and should be relatively hard because of the walnut outer.  Speed wise compared to  M. Maze which I would say is borderline OFF, BF is slower.  Speed is not always the important factor and in any case could be compensated with a faster rubber.  In every other aspect, control, spin, feel it is superior to M.Maze which I find too bouncy for the short game.  Overall BF is a great blade.

need an opinion, I prefer to play 65% topspin, 35% flat hit.  find the RH perfect for BH but could have a little too much dwell on the forehand for smashes (only played two sessions).  Have a bunch of other rubbers  I could use for the FH but don't want to take off the RH needlessly.  Do I need to change the RH for FH and any suggestions as a replacement?

Edited by tom - 07/22/2014 at 4:19pm
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 11:32am
I agree with slevin on BF's speed. For me it is faster than the Butterfly ALC blades. When I say faster it means that you can produce a faster ball when you hit really hard. But on passive game and flat hitting the BF is not fast at all and has a lot of control. When you make a hard topspin it somehow grabs the ball to hold it before catapulting it with great speed on the other side. On passive game and flat hitting the ALC blades are faster but when you hit really hard then somehow the ALC blades have some kind of power limit compared to the BF. 
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 11:51am
I think we need a clarification here, ttping85 are you saying the speed rating is more determined by the top speed attained by a loopkill than a flat kill?
ttping85 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttping85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 12:29pm
I stated BF as faster than ALC blades because it is able to reach the highest speed when you want it. When I loop kill with the BF it will be faster than the fastest loop kill or flat kill with an ALC blade.

An ALC flat kill or loop kill will be faster than a BF flat kill but both will be slower than a BF loop kill.

So I personally state the BF as faster because of the hihgest speed possible.

It is clearer like this?
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 1:01pm
ttping85, it is clearer but I can't agree with the conclusion.  I think the fastest flat kill is faster (to the opponent side of the the  table, at the same spot) since a flat kill travels in a straight line while the loop kill has a curve.  I do agree with your other observations though.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 1:03pm

I stated BF as faster than ALC blades because it is able to reach the highest speed when you want it. When I loop kill with the BF it will be faster than the fastest loop kill or flat kill with an ALC blade.

An ALC flat kill or loop kill will be faster than a BF flat kill but both will be slower than a BF loop kill.

So I personally state the BF as faster because of the hihgest speed possible.

It is clearer like this?

And I think bf is slower. And not just a little bit slower...
So clearly something is wrong...
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

ttping85, it is clearer but I can't agree with the conclusion.  I think the fastest flat kill is faster (to the opponent side of the the  table, at the same spot) since a flat kill travels in a straight line while the loop kill has a curve.  I do agree with your other observations though.

Disagree when we're talking about hitting from mid-distance to mid-distance: the ball slows down faster on flat hit from you to opponent. 
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2014 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by TSuBaSa TSuBaSa wrote:

Maybe your bf is somehow way heavier than normal ones? B

My BF is 86g, 6.24mm thick (so only marginally thicker than the advertised 6.1mm). The ALC blade I'm comparing to is also thicker than normal.

I agree with ttping85: on power loops, when you transfer the same amount of power to the BF as to the ALC blade, the ball travels faster and with more spin using the BF.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic