FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Zheng Jiaqi's Equipment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2011 at 10:17am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by dalamchops dalamchops wrote:

Originally posted by Vassily Vassily wrote:

For a hitting style surely the blade is more important than sponge thickness? Just curious, Dalamchops where are you getting your info from?

I've been coached by both Yang Shigang and Kim Bong Geun, 2 of the best SP penhold players in the country. They both use insanely fast blades and rubbers.

what blades and rubbers?

When Kim was still in ATL (he's in LA now) he used Spectol Glued (before ban) and Moristo SP after, used a customized cpen w/ jpen cork by Donic. Before he left i gave him my TB ZLC-CS, and he used that.

Shigang used a spintech blade (was sponsored) and rubber when i trained w/ him. It was an 802-40 rebrand. That was when he was still experimenting so i have no idea what he's using now.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Sponsored Links

wpowu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wpowu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2011 at 12:23pm

To: dalamchops

Moristo SP is a good rubber.  David Zhuang recommended it to me several years ago and his student was using it.  I tried it and like the good control. For Nittaku sp rubbers,  Hammond FA is faster than Moristo SP.   However, the top sheet of Hammond FA is less gripped (a bit slippery), just like Spectol, because the top sheet is less vulcanized.  In Chinese TT circles, these kind of sp rubbers are branded as semi-authentic  and semi-raw short pips rubbers.

I guess the Spintech blade Yang Shigang used  is Carrera , very simlar to Primorac Carbon in structure (3-ply wood, 2 carbon layers, Hinoki surface veneer) and touch.  Just a little bit stiffer than Primorac Carbon.   I have a Carrera blade, cut to a penhold handle from a shakehand handle, which was given to me as a farewell gift from a TT friend who returned to China two years ago.  He was Sara Fu's coach  years ago, back in Sichuan, China.

Calvin: Have you ever used Taksim?  If yes, how do you compare it to TB ZLS-CS?  I am looking for an  old-designed Taksim.

By the way,  have you received the Primorac carbon blade I sent to you?

Edited by wpowu - 09/17/2011 at 1:03pm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2011 at 1:38am
Originally posted by wpowu wpowu wrote:

Moristo SP is a good rubber.  David Zhuang recommended it to me several years ago and his student was using it.  I tried it and like the good control. For Nittaku sp rubbers,  Hammond FA is faster than Moristo SP.   However, the top sheet of Hammond FA is less gripped (a bit slippery), just like Spectol, because the top sheet is less vulcanized.  In Chinese TT circles, these kind of sp rubbers are branded as semi-authentic  and semi-raw short pips rubbers.

I guess the Spintech blade Yang Shigang used  is Carrera , very simlar to Primorac Carbon in structure (3-ply wood, 2 carbon layers, Hinoki surface veneer) and touch.  Just a little bit stiffer than Primorac Carbon.   I have a Carrera blade, cut to a penhold handle from a shakehand handle, which was given to me as a farewell gift from a TT friend who returned to China two years ago.  He was Sara Fu's coach  years ago, back in Sichuan, China.

Calvin: Have you ever used Taksim?  If yes, how do you compare it to TB ZLS-CS?  I am looking for an  old-designed Taksim.

the question is what are using the players that used to play with 802? I m thinking of dolphin,flarestorm,moristo sp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2011 at 9:11am

Never tried Taksim, Butterfly never releases good PH blades in the US (besides PC), everything else is all in China. I usually have someone that special orders all my CPENS in HK (Photino, T5000, ZLC)
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
wpowu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wpowu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2011 at 11:51am

TO Calvin:

--What blade are you now using?

--You mean if I want to get a Taksim, I should look for it in HK or China.  But I heard there are a lot of fake Taksim blades in China. 

wpowu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wpowu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2011 at 12:18pm

To: bbkon

I live in New Jersey, USA, close to New York.  There are quite a few previous Chinese professional short pips players in this area.   I know all of them.

--Li Yuxiang used 802-40, on a Donic carbon blade with a wood veneer added to the backside by himself.

--David Zhuang used Speed P.O. (1.9mm), on a Iilote carbon blade,  for several years.  I just heard that he switched to Flarestorm after the speed glue ban.  

--About one year ago,  I saw Lily Yip used Stiga Clippa (2.0mm), on a very worn-out Stiga Alluminum blade.  I don't know whether she is still using this equipment.

--A young female short pips player Liu Naihui (formerly in Chinese National Team) is now in the same club I am with.  She uses TSP Tyranno (2.2 mm), on an  old China-made all-wood blade (Model 032, polular in the 1970s and 1980s). She recently won US Open Woman Singles Champion, beating Zheng Jiaqi 4-2 in the final.  You can find their match on You Tube.  Liu  has a unique two-wing attacking style (the traditional style known as the "Zhuang Zedong style").  Her backhand attacking skills are amazing.  (not RPB).

--I heard He Zhiwen is still using 802, on an all-wood Chinese blade  (Model 032 OR 08).

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2011 at 5:26pm

TO Calvin:

--What blade are you now using?

--You mean if I want to get a Taksim, I should look for it in HK or China.  But I heard there are a lot of fake Taksim blades in China. 

There is a penhold equivalent to almost every butterfly shakehand blades available in China. They are not released anywhere else in the world (not even Japan). It's specifically for the Chinese market.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2011 at 10:31pm

I live in New Jersey, USA, close to New York.  There are quite a few previous Chinese professional short pips players in this area.   I know all of them.

--Li Yuxiang used 802-40, on a Donic carbon blade with a wood veneer added to the backside by himself.

--David Zhuang used Speed P.O. (1.9mm), on a Iilote carbon blade,  for several years.  I just heard that he switched to Flarestorm after the speed glue ban.  

--About one year ago,  I saw Lily Yip used Stiga Clippa (2.0mm), on a very worn-out Stiga Alluminum blade.  I don't know whether she is still using this equipment.

--A young female short pips player Liu Naihui (formerly in Chinese National Team) is now in the same club I am with.  She uses TSP Tyranno (2.2 mm), on an  old China-made all-wood blade (Model 032, polular in the 1970s and 1980s). She recently won US Open Woman Singles Champion, beating Zheng Jiaqi 4-2 in the final.  You can find their match on You Tube.  Liu  has a unique two-wing attacking style (the traditional style known as the "Zhuang Zedong style").  Her backhand attacking skills are amazing.  (not RPB).

--I heard He Zhiwen is still using 802, on an all-wood Chinese blade  (Model 032 OR 08).

nice info but i heard that many ex 802 players are using dolphin now but i  need some some proof of hiher ranked played not coaches but again apreciate your help, what do you know about pips information in chinese forums?  the pips used by top juniors must be known in that sites
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2011 at 11:01pm

is david zhuang student also a penholder?  which nittaku rubber works (cork) like a glued rubber? how are they compared to flasrestorm and dolphin?
wpowu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wpowu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2011 at 9:28pm

That David Zhuang's student I mentioned was a teenage boy, about 14 or 15 years old  at that time.  He is a shakehand player,  with short pips (Moristo SP) in forehand, and inverted rubber ( I don't remember) in backhand.  Zhuang's another student, also a teenager and a penholder player, used Speed P.O. on a Mazunov blade,  cut to the penhold handle from the original  shakehand handle.  Mazunov  is an  all-wood Butterfly blade, with a hard, but not very stiff touch, about 6.8 mm in thickness.  I didn't see the two boys playing in the past one and half year or so.

Nittaku sponges are good, for both sp and inverted rubbers.  For sp rubbers, however, the top sheet of Hammon FA is a little bit slippery,  which I don't like.  Hammon FA is very silimar to TSP Spectol, in both sponge touch and top sheet slippery feeling (the so-called "raw pips" in Chinese TT terminology) .  I tried Moristo SP for a short time, and the sponge is a little bit softer than Hammond FA, but the top sheet is better than Hammond FA.

For TSP sp rubbers,  I tried Spectol, Spectol 21, Super Spin Pips, and Super Spin Pips 21.  I  like Super Spin Pips (2.0mm) most.   I have not tried Tyranno, which is described as the fastest sp rubber.

For Butterfly sp rubbers,  I tried Speed P. O.  Speed P.O. Soft, and Flarestorm.   I llike Flarestorm (1.9) most,  I am now using it, but I am thinking of changing it to 2.1 mm.

I also tried Stiga Cliippa and Joola Ultra Tango.   I like none of  them.  In my personal opinion, Joola Ultra Tango is the worst short pips rubber,  too soft and bouncing.  No hitting touch at all.

When I picked up the game again in early 2007 after my  25-year absence in the court,  I used Chinese sp rubber  802 for awhile.  Frankly speaking, this is  an authentic or orthodox short pips rubber in the true  sense.   The top sheet is well vulcanized, not slippery at all.  Good control and hitting.  The sponge (Frienship "reactor" sponge) is  OK,  with 35 degrees in hardness/softness.  However, compared to Butterfly, TSP  and Nittaku sponges, the Chinese sponge is still inferior in quality.  With less tension and flexibility, it lacks the power and speed. 

I heard Donic Baxter F1-A (2.0mm, only one thickness) has been very popular in China in recent years.  Chinese TT fans  label it " King of Short Pips Rubber."   I have not tried it, but someone told me it's very similar to Spectol and Hammond FA, the same old story: good sponge yet slippery top sheet.

I have not tried Haifu/Dolphin, but  I have doubts over the quality of Chinese sponges.

The selection of blade and/or rubber is very subjective .  Your personal hand feeling or touch determines your taste and final selection.

I like trying and testing different combinations of short pips rubbers and blades.  This is my hobby, sort of addiction.

Edited by wpowu - 09/20/2011 at 10:37pm
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2011 at 2:05pm

That David Zhuang's student I mentioned was a teenage boy, about 14 or 15 years old  at that time.  He is a shakehand player,  with short pips (Moristo SP) in forehand, and inverted rubber ( I don't remember) in backhand.  Zhuang's another student, also a teenager and a penholder player, used Speed P.O. on a Mazunov blade,  cutting to the penhold handle from the original  shakehand handle.  Mazunov  is an  all-wood Butterfly blade, with a hard, but not very stiff touch, about 6.8 mm in thickness.  I didn't see the two boys playing in the past one and half year or so.

Nittaku sponges are good, for both sp and inverted rubbers.  For sp rubbers, however, the top sheet of Hammon FA is a little bit slippery,  which I don't like.  Hammon FA is very silimar to TSP Spectol, in both sponge touch and top sheet slippery feeling (the so-called "raw pips" in Chinese TT terminology) .  I tried Moristo SP for a short time, and the sponge is a little bit softer than Hammond FA, but the top sheet is better than Hammond FA.

For TSP sp rubbers,  I tried Spectol, Spectol 21, Super Spin Pips, and Super Spin Pips 21.  I  like Super Spin Pips (2.0mm) most.   I have not tried Tyranno, which is described as the fastest sp rubber.

For Butterfly sp rubbers,  I tried Speed P. O.  Speed P.O. Soft, and Flarestorm.   I llike Flarestorm (1.9) most,  I am now using it, but I am thinking of changing it to 2.1 mm.

I also tried Stiga Cliippa and Joola Ultra Tango.   I like none of  them.  In my personal opinion, Joola Ultra Tango is the worst short pips rubber,  too soft and bouncing.  No hitting touch at all.

When I picked up the game again in early 2007 after my  25-year absence in the court,  I used Chinese sp rubber  802 for awhile.  Frankly speaking, this is  an authentic or orthodox short pips rubber in the true  sense.   The top sheet is well vulcanized, not slippery at all.  Good control and hitting.  The sponge (Frienship "reactor" sponge) is  OK,  with 35 degrees in hardness/softness.  However, compared to Butterfly, TSP  and Nittaku sponges, the Chinese sponge is still inferior in quality.  With less tension and flexibility, it lacks the power and speed. 

I heard Donic Baxter F1-A (2.0mm, only one thickness) has been very popular in China in recent years.  Chinese TT fans  label it " King of Short Pips Rubber."   I have not tried it, but someone told me it's very similar to Spectol and Hammond FA, the same old story: good sponge yet slippery top sheet.

I have not tried Haifu/Dolphin, but  I have doubts over the quality of Chinese sponges.

The selection of blade and/or rubber is very subjective .  Your personal hand feeling or touch determines your taste and final selection.

I like trying and testing different combinations of short pips rubbers and blades.  This is my hobby, sort of addiction.

nice post!!!  do you know  what is the fav pips for penholder in chinese forums and  wonder if there is new cpen hitters in china and what they use? I played with tyranno but the pips started to fall

Edited by bbkon - 09/20/2011 at 2:25pm
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2011 at 12:03pm

Does anybody know Zheng Jiaqi's equipment?  She is a penhold short pips player with RPB.

I want to know her blade,  short pips rubber (sponge thickness) and backside smooth rubber.

Thanks in advance.

I talked to Jiaqi last nite, she uses Bty T5000 CPen and Haifu rubbers (red sponge). Same as Li Jiawei.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2011 at 12:39pm
That's Haifu Dolphin and Haifu Shark II if it's the same as Li Jaiwei, although Li Jaiwei wasn't using the red sponge versions as of a few months ago
turtle168 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtle168 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2011 at 12:53pm
Are you sure Liu Naihui uses 032?  Isn't she using CL as shown from these pictures?
DHS PF4-032
FH: Dawei 388D-1 (OX)
BH: Friendship 729 802
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2013 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by turtle168 turtle168 wrote:

Are you sure Liu Naihui uses 032?  Isn't she using CL as shown from these pictures?

where are those pictures from? 
turtle168 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtle168 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2013 at 12:10am
Screen captures from her interview video taken in Lily Yip TTC.
DHS PF4-032
turtle168 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turtle168 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2013 at 12:12am
Originally posted by turtle168 turtle168 wrote:

Screen captures from her interview video taken in Lily Yip TTC.

It seems that this is her practice blade.  She uses 032 for games.
DHS PF4-032
Zach Moy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach Moy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2013 at 8:18am
Jiaqi uses bty tb t-5000, short pips are express ultra and rpb rubber is tenergy 05fx. From the sound it sounds like max on fh and 2.1 on bh. This is the most recent equip that was used last month at the rockford college championship in IL.

Edited by Zach Moy - 05/01/2013 at 8:19am
Butterfly Zhang Jike ALC
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05 FX
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2013 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Zach Moy Zach Moy wrote:

Jiaqi uses bty tb t-5000, short pips are express ultra and rpb rubber is tenergy 05fx. From the sound it sounds like max on fh and 2.1 on bh. This is the most recent equip that was used last month at the rockford college championship in IL.

sounds odd for me she s playing with express
interact215 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interact215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2015 at 2:42pm
I see it's a year and a half later now.

Any update on Zheng Jiaqi's equipment? I started penhold recently and I'm very interested to know opinions on using Tenergy 05 FX for RPB, as Zheng Jiaqi apparently does.

As for FH, I already ordered JOOLA Ultra Tango before I saw the negative comments about it in this thread. But I guess I'll give it a go anyway. 
FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2015 at 10:31am
try the joola express ultra, it has a firmer sponge...
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2015 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by FlatHitter FlatHitter wrote:

try the joola express ultra, it has a firmer sponge...

EU is not so good it can work if your level is not high and incoming loops are not spinny, too mild to be dangerous and the tuning efect fades away quick,any chinese pips is better

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interact215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 11:06pm
Nice to see Zheng recently made the U.S. Pan Am Team.

The Team USA site says she's given up her Butterfly Timo Boll T5000 and JOOLA UE SP for a Stiga racket and Stiga SP.  I guess this was due to a Stiga sponsorship deal.  She still uses T05 FX on her reverse penhold backhand.

Anyone know which Stiga racket and SP she's using? I'm guessing the SP may be Radical or Clippa.

For nearly a month I've been using JUE and T05 FX on my Butterfly Chinese Tamca ULC. I'm learning to handle the JUE, but I'm curious about a few other SPs including BTY Challenger Attack, Radical and Clippa. I'm ready to try whatever setup Zheng is using, including the Stiga Racket :)

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 12:33am
Originally posted by interact215 interact215 wrote:

The Team USA site says she's given up her Butterfly Timo Boll T5000 and JOOLA UE SP for a Stiga racket and Stiga SP.  I guess this was due to a Stiga sponsorship deal.  She still uses T05 FX on her reverse penhold backhand.

Anyone know which Stiga racket and SP she's using? I'm guessing the SP may be Radical or Clippa.

For nearly a month I've been using JUE and T05 FX on my Butterfly Chinese Tamca ULC. I'm learning to handle the JUE, but I'm curious about a few other SPs including BTY Challenger Attack, Radical and Clippa. I'm ready to try whatever setup Zheng is using, including the Stiga Racket :)

whata about the ULC blade? impresions please

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interact215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 2:11pm
I wanted to try short pips on a few fast, stiff, hard blades to emulate Zheng's style.  Also, I wanted a light blade at max weight of 85g. I only tried each one for a couple of weeks, but the BTY Chinese Tamca ULC gave be the best results. It is indeed fast, stiff, and hard, as advertised. The control has been decent. Below are the other c-pen rackets I tried in this category. They're all good and I will probably try out the Xiom and Andro more, but the BTY ULC performed the best.
Xiom Stradivarius
Andro Temper Tech OFF+
Yinhe/Galaxy T-11+

As mentioned, I'm curious which Stiga blade Zheng has switched to. 

thatguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 3:41pm

I wanted to try short pips on a few fast, stiff, hard blades to emulate Zheng's style.  Also, I wanted a light blade at max weight of 85g. I only tried each one for a couple of weeks, but the BTY Chinese Tamca ULC gave be the best results. It is indeed fast, stiff, and hard, as advertised. The control has been decent. Below<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> are the other c-pen rackets I tried in this category. They're all good and I will probably try out the Xiom and Andro more, but the BTY ULC performed the best.</span>
Xiom Stradivarius
Andro Temper Tech OFF+
Yinhe/Galaxy T-11+

As mentioned, I'm curious which Stiga blade Zheng has switched to. 

Clipper wood

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interact215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 4:51pm
thanks thatguy- 

When you say "Clipper Wood", is that the "Clipper (Classic)", the "Clipper WRB", or the "Clipper CR WRB"? 

Any idea which Stiga short pips Zheng uses?

That's interesting she changed from the Tamca 5000 blade to all wood.
thatguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2015 at 6:59pm
...waiting for her reply, i thought she was using Clipper CC with tenergy but she must have been going thru testing equipment phase?  :p

Edited by thatguy - 04/06/2015 at 7:06pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote interact215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2015 at 7:04pm
I got impatient and couldn't wait to hear which Stiga Clipper blade and Stiga SP Zheng uses. I went ahead and ordered a Clipper Classic w/ Stiga Clippa SP and T05-FX on RPB. 

If anyone confirms her current setup please post.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2015 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

whata about the ULC blade? impresions please

I owned and played with the Chinese ULC blade a few years ago before I switched to TB T5000.  The blade has a hinoki outer ply if I remember correctly.  Slim cpen handle good for wrist rotation.  The speed is there for a carbon blade, but I think the power could have been improved if the weight was a bit higher.  I didn't have a scale back then, but I believe it was in the mid-80s.  A great blade overall, but if one seeks for more power/speed, I'd suggest changing it to TB T5000 or even a Rosewood 7 cpen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic