FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Official Nexy Spartacus Review Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Official Nexy Spartacus Review Thread
    Posted: 06/12/2012 at 6:15am
I use mine at work with XP 2008 on both sides and is an excellent work bat indeed for the road trips to other camps where I cannot bring my heavy ruck with my primary rackerts.
I cannot wait to see how the FINAL version of QABOD plays. I LOVED the Calix II and my test run with the pre-production model of QABOD felt nice and encouraging.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Sponsored Links

Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2012 at 7:24pm
I was just wondering if anyone on the forum still using the Nexy Spartacus????
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2011 at 2:50pm
I know that a blade most stiffer is mos suitable but  I now use a Nittaku Acoustic and the medium pips 2.0mm work well for me.

I like the design of Nexy, especially Hannibal and Spartacus. My final decision is Spartacus.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2011 at 11:52am
Suprised to see you like SP on such a blade. 

The players I see here in Korea that use short pips, usually have a hard/stiff/fast blade like Schlager Carbon, Gergely, and such. However, I have seen one player, a C-Pen player with inverted RPB, use SP on his FH on a VIOLIN.

If you like that feel, you might like Lissom, but you prolly want a little more speed. Spartacus has the extra speed over Lissom, but of course it is an entirley differnt blade and feel. If you are like the other Korean pimple players, a harder/faster/stiffer blade is it.
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2011 at 8:13am
I am interesting in a Spartacus or Hannibal.
My actual setup is Nittaku Acoustic, Tenergy 05 max and medium pips 2.0mm.

I love the control of Acoustic but I want a backup blade.
What is most suitable for me: Spartacus or Hannibal?
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2011 at 3:57am
Spartacus or Hannibal are suitable for short pips?

What other nexy blades are suitable for pips? I don´t like Labyrinthos
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2011 at 8:55pm
After testing Spartacus a few weeks back I had taken off the rubbers and put it up as I felt that while being a real nice blade it just did not suit my style of play. Since then I did receive the Calix for testing and I decided to try Spartacus again mainly as a comparison.

I made a rubber change using Hammond ProB Max forehand and Stiga Magna TS II 2.0 backhand. The change is quite dramatic and a little surprising. While everything remains the same in my original review, the blade has become much more linear in feel and faster with the rubber change. Flat hits which I had a problem with Aurus Soft attached is there in spades with the ProB.

Touch Game has vastly improved with the rubber change and I am not putting balls into the net as I was with the original rubbers.

Spartacus favors harder rubbers in the medium to medium-  range and medium to medium low throw.

Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
kanaping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kanaping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2011 at 8:08am
I apply for the Calix as well to compare it with Lissom, Spartacus and OSP blades :)
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2011 at 3:01am
Originally posted by elmo51 elmo51 wrote:

Well i finally got the chance to test the spartacus.
I noticed a bad finishing on the handle to unfortunally. at the place where the plastic nexy logo is put in there is a tiny little crack, it almost seems like its gleud afterwards, you can feel a little bobble when you glide your finger over the wood but i wont complain with a blade won ,but I can imagine that if you pay the full amount you will not be satisfied.

Dear Elmo 51,
Among testing blades, some had scars on it.
Sorry for this.

Oscar
Brand Manager of NEXY
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2011 at 2:15am
I apply to if it is faster then the lissom and the spartacus
set up: Donic WSC

fh Cornileau target Pro GT H47

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

harldhzx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harldhzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2011 at 2:03am
BH-Man, I apply for Calix testing Thumbs Up
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2011 at 1:59am
I have been playing with Lissom for about 8 months and I can confirm it's a very versatile blade. At times I wish it was faster, though. I am trying to shorten my strokes, but with short strokes and Lissom I don't get enough speed.

Edit: BTW, if there's going to be a call for Calix testers, please count me in.

Edited by arg0 - 10/29/2011 at 2:00am
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2011 at 10:51pm
Nexy will have to pop up and answer that one, but I have seen some of my opponents in Seoul use the Lissom.

The Calix sure looks good and I am curious to see how it handles.

Now that it seems to have hit the street, I have a task to find two existing testers to run Calix through the paces.
scdit46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scdit46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2011 at 8:14pm
what blade is best seller of NEXY?

Oscar Nexy is a great blade?

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2011 at 7:21am
Calix is out and is one of the best-looking blades ever:
http://nexy.com/shop/step1.php?number=1273
Can't wait for a test report!
Join the Nexy Clan!
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2011 at 9:40am
@BH-man Yes, I experienced T05 needs blades that are stiff and hard or stiff and soft. And since Spartacus is stiff and soft it works with T05. Calibra probably needs blades that are stiff and hard. TBS or ALC would fit that.

Edited by Klaus123 - 10/25/2011 at 9:41am
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2011 at 10:56am
I think Nexy like Aurus sound. He had one test model with Calibra and I absolutely did NOT like Calibra on Spartacus. Wanted to puke. Couldn't keep the ball on the table to save my life. slapped a new sheet of T05 on a new Spartacus with some heavy grip tape and I was ready to take on hte world. (Well at least it felt that way) A few weeks later, I tried out someone's TBS ALC with Calibra Sound and it was awesome, like its own WMD. I think T05 is an excellent match, but that will prolly be somewhat different for everyone. Maybe he sez Genius or Aurus.
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2011 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

Dear all people ....

I don't come often here in this forum, but as a designer, I know some times, I need to answer.
So, if you have any questions to me, just quote this passage and leave a note, then I will requote and give replies to those questions.
Thank you!

Dear Mr. Moon. My Question is: I assume that You as designer check the blade’s performance with some default rubber(s). With which rubber did Spartacus show it’s peak performance? It was Tenergy 05, right? Thanks for Your answer!

Edited by Klaus123 - 10/23/2011 at 7:44pm
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2011 at 10:41am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

jt99sf. I have not seen the production model of the Calix, but the two pre-production samples I saw looked to be like a Spartacus on steroids with better looks (think brown stained outer veneers with thin carbon layers (just thin carbon, no arlyte or other stuff) and a GREAT looking finish). Blade is VERY thin and like other such Nexy blades, the weight looks like it will be in the 80s. I used to hate any blade under 90 grams, but the Lisson and Spartacus changed my mind on that if I used heavy grip tape.

If its anything like a Tihbar RapidCarbon, I'd want one!
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2011 at 10:20am
jt99sf. I have not seen the production model of the Calix, but the two pre-production samples I saw looked to be like a Spartacus on steroids with better looks (think brown stained outer veneers with thin carbon layers (just thin carbon, no arlyte or other stuff) and a GREAT looking finish). Blade is VERY thin and like other such Nexy blades, the weight looks like it will be in the 80s. I used to hate any blade under 90 grams, but the Lisson and Spartacus changed my mind on that if I used heavy grip tape.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2011 at 10:16am
Thanks for the confirmation harldhzx, I say it agian for the 23rd time. Each time I test out a slower (slower than my trusty TBS) Nexy blade, I am always finding myself improving an aspect of my game that only explodes in improvement when I go back to the TBS. This time around, the improvement has already shown itself using the Spartacus. I simply have to be active using this blade. Learning good habits of being active transltes into better performance with the Nexy blade or the TBS. I might be ready to take on the Nexy Oscar again. Last year, the Oscar was just too fast for me, even with its TBS like feel and properties. If I can slap on a new sheet of T05 on the FH of teh venerable TBS after my couple months using Spartacus, I should be even better than I am using Spartacus, yet right now, I have not ever been playing better Table Tennis than right now the last couple months.
harldhzx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harldhzx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2011 at 8:31am
Played some more with Spartacus after my vacation. I have to agree with BH-Man: this blade is great for learning good strokes without sacrificing too much speed. The blade is very safe and effective on shots where I make good use of arm and wrist snap as well as forward motion. That way I actually trust myself to play such shots during matches, which is what I have to do to become a better player.
Another small downside I discovered: the blade reacts quite a bit on spin, which makes it more difficult to return slow and spinny balls with a touch shot.

Anyhow, Spartacus is good enough too replaced the Innerforce ALC I've been using before (at least until the next EJ attack Embarrassed )
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2011 at 12:55am

There are wood fibres in between the carbon layers! :D
Seriously, there are pics of Calix in the NEXT designer's diary thread.
Join the Nexy Clan!
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2011 at 11:38am

Hi Elmo. My short look at just the blade itself is of course inconclusive, but it shapes up to be faster than the Spartacus, very thin with carbon layers, and has outer veneers stained dark brown. That is the pre-production model I got to see and hold for a short tap on the forehead. (Yes, Koreans test bare blades that way for vibration/stiffness cool to watch a pro doing that!)

will the Calix be a carbon-only blade or mixed with other fibers?

tia.

Edited by jt99sf - 10/11/2011 at 11:39am

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2011 at 10:44am
Hi Elmo. My short look at just the blade itself is of course inconclusive, but it shapes up to be faster than the Spartacus, very thin with carbon layers, and has outer veneers stained dark brown. That is the pre-production model I got to see and hold for a short tap on the forehead. (Yes, Koreans test bare blades that way for vibration/stiffness cool to watch a pro doing that!)
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2011 at 2:23am
what kind of blade is calix going to be?

Edited by elmo51 - 10/11/2011 at 2:24am
set up: Donic WSC

fh Cornileau target Pro GT H47

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2011 at 12:38am
Alright Nexy, I'll be all over it once you release the Calix.

BTW everyone, I saw two samples of the Pre-Production Calix. Don't want to spill the beans on anything, but man, this will be one smooth fast cat of a good looking blade for sure.

For anyone (everyone?) not knowing what Nexy is talking about regarding the "club", we foreigners in Korea created the first USATT sanctioned club outside of USA. We intend to solidfy teh USATT ratings of existing USATT members in Korea with our 1st tourney, then open the doors for Koreans to get a shot at a USATT rating through round robin tourneys. Oh, Nexy just sponsored our club's team players with some cool gear to boot.

I'll make a separate post about this with a pic or two.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2011 at 11:35am
BH-Man,

I read reviews, and I think I made Spartacus as I wanted.
I'm really thankful for all the frank reviews.

By the way, I have an idea.
You know, my next blade CALIX will come later, so I think some testers can be given another chance for Calix.
So, I wish you could select two persons who are worthy of next test blades, Calix.

I think you can decide, when my Calix comes out.

( I wish your club opened a new way for Korean players. )

Edited by Nexy - 10/10/2011 at 11:35am
Brand Manager of NEXY
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2011 at 12:01pm
Sure, John.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2011 at 10:42am

8 blades awarded, 5 reviews done, 3 left to go.

I'm going to update mine in a moment, can you put it on the first page along with the others?

Thanks, John

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic