FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Adidas Tenzone & Tenzone SF Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas Tenzone & Tenzone SF Review
    Posted: 10/14/2011 at 9:54am
got these 2 rubbers from an Adidas executive today and i was really excited to try them out:

Adidas Tenzone max black on an adidas power fibertech blade 

Adidas Tenzone SF max red on my stiga Eb7 blade

Tenzone Max Black

The Tenzone max black is a high quality rubber from adidas. when i saw the rubber for the first time i was impressed with its production. from the looks, the topsheet is less grainy compared to joola x-plodes' topsheet. i would say it looks identical of the genius' topsheet but differs in the pips structure and topsheet thickness. The Tenzone has a thicker topsheet than that of the genius. The sponge when i pressed it and played with it is medium hard. In the DHS scale hardness i would rate it as 38 degrees.

FH to FH & BH to BH drives:

Tenzone is very bouncy. The sharp and crisp sound produced when hitting the ball is distinctive of being an ESN rubber. The control is there but not its biggest asset. 

Loops:

Tenzone produces a low to medium arc on both bh and fh. Tenzone is good for on the rise loop drives above the table. Spin is above average for both and fast loops and is enough to lift heavy underspin balls. during the first 2 days the rubber wasnt that spinny but now its very spinny after some time breaking in the rubber

Pushes and serves:

Spinny pushes are not hard to produce though you have to make some adjustments not to let balls pop up when making pushes but the adjustment is easy. serves on sidespins and underspins are average but fast knuckle or dead balls and topspin serves are very good due to the rubber's speed.

Smashing, hitting and counter loops:

These are the areas that this rubber shines. i think its built mainly for speed than doing spins. Topspins are easy for countering mid distance to far from the table. Its power doesnt diminish that much. Smashing is awesome coupled with its nice whacking sound. On these 3 areas countrol is very good.

Initial impressions:

Overall the Tenzone rubber can be labelled as a very fast with above average spin rubber. Its speed is comparable to that of Tenergy 05, Hexer and Calibra. Its like Calibra LT but a little bit spinnier. Its built for speed and it has lots of it. i enjoyed playing counterhitting and smashing with this rubber far from the table. Receiving spinny serves are good since this rubber is not sensitive to incoming spin. This rubber is above average in blocking also. I would recommend this rubber for advanced players only because this is not everybody's toy.

Ratings:
Speed - 9.5/10 (Tenergy 64, Calibra LT+ are considered as 10 in my scale)
Spin - 9/10 (Tenergy 05 is a 10 and so is Baracuda and Genius)
Control - 7/10

Tenzone SF Red Max

I decided to glue it on my stiga eb7 blade. this bright red rubber with the same topsheet as tenzone regular differs in the sponge hardness. The regular tenzone has a 39 degree hardness and the tenzone sf has a 36 degree hardness in the dhs hardness scale according to my estimate. 

Fh to FH & BH to BH drives:

i love the sound of this soft rubber and its loud, louder than the regular tenzone. The ball sinks into the soft sponge and you can feel it through your blade. Control is above average.

Loops:

Using it on both fh and bh loops i would say this is a looping rubber than a hitting rubber. Slow loops are very good and when i looped with this rubber (pure looping) i found it faster than the regular Tenzone. 2 things in its arsenal are spin and control on loops. 

Pushes and serves:

Pushes are very spinny with some adjustments. Serves are very spinny also. This rubber is not sensitive to incoming spin. Sidespin and underspin serves favor this rubber. Looping arc is medium to high. Its very easy to loop spinny underspins with this baby.

Smashing, hitting and counterhitting:

Smashing is average and so is hitting though this may come down to personal preferences since i prefer harder rubbers in smashing and hitting. On counterhitting and counterlooping this rubber is in the level of Tenergy 05 fx, Hexer ++ and Calibra LT Sound. Control is very good with these strokes.

Initial Impressions:

I love this rubber and im planning in keeping this. Its not as fast the regular tenzone but its way better in terms of spin and control. Don't get me wrong this rubber is still very fast and bouncy. i love the feel of this rubber especially when the ball sinks into the sponge. This is better near to mid distance from the table. I think i would describe this as a soft genius rubber with the good qualities of hexer and acuda s2 combined. I would recommend this to intermediate to advanced players. 

Ratings:

Speed - 8.5/10
Spin - 9.5/10
Control - 7.5/10

Thanks to Allen for giving me the privilege in reviewing these wonderful rubbers.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

pablogilberto View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pablogilberto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2011 at 10:55am
nice insight on these new rubbers Yogi.  My interest with Adidas products is starting to spur and would probably try my hands on these new ones. 

If you're disposing of those 2 rubbers, let me know.
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2011 at 12:31pm
Yogi! Thnx a lot. You re a real infocrusader about lots of stuff  that get a big interest in ej masses. On the edge no doubt ! Clap
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2011 at 4:51pm
i have played 4 matches with adidas tenzone.
it is a new second hand rubber.
i glue it on a tibhar chila off.
it was my first day after injury... so my mobility was not 100%.

serves are good.
short game is very good.
def mid distance play is good.

i can't judge blocks and loops...
my opponents were not strong enough.

https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2011 at 7:48pm
@pablo, ill be keeping the SF only. its the rubber for my backhand

@boss, i found that mid distance, the regular tenzone shines on counterhitting and counterlooping. near the table active blocking is good. even with passive blocking it is still above average since the rubber is very springy
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2011 at 7:43am
i let people try the Tenzone regular today and they love it. they were surprised to see an adidas rubber and blade. The tenzone regular needs a little more break in though. i sense that it hasnt reached its fullest potential yet. 

pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2011 at 9:45am
will people still love it when they have to replace a $80 rubber?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2011 at 1:24am
if they are willing to buy an $80 rubber then it wouldn't be a problem replacing one. if they cant afford it they can stay away from it

bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2011 at 4:09am
How does it compare to P3 & P5?
Thanks.....
TB ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, HK3, HH3, HL2 Cpen......
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2011 at 4:31am
bagung, sorry i havent tried P3 & P5, adidas says that there are the newest and improved versions of the p3 and p5

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2011 at 4:37am
here are some pics of the 2 rubbers:

Tenzone Regular

Tenzone SF

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2011 at 11:27am
i let some of our women's national table tennis players test the Tenzone and Tenzone SF and they are very impressed with the rubbers. One thing i have noticed on the regular tenzone is that it needs about 2-3 days of breaking in. its like is became softer today than the first day i glued it on my rubber.  

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2011 at 3:20pm
Tenzone sounds very like Hexer HD... no wonder they are same generation technology with similar hardness from ESN.

Hexer HD also takes a couple days to come to life... and all other properties are ditto. I guess they are same rubbers... tenzone is $30 more expensive... because adidas deals with much lower volume and hence wont get the volume discount Approve from ESN.

everything is my speculation only.
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2011 at 6:59pm
both are ESN rubbers 

ituning.technology View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2011 at 9:40am
Hey, great review, Where are you located? USA/CAN?

I know the only place to get Adidas equipment is www.pong squad.com and mtagsports.com

Is there any other place that sells it? I am very interested in trying it. 
Equipment:
blade: JOOLA Tusk FL
rubber: JOOLA Custom Drum 2.25/ JOOLA Rhyzm 2.25
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2011 at 7:25pm
im in the philippines. you can visit their website just search for adidas table tennis tehy have the directories there

speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2011 at 9:44pm
Well well, I can see myself spending hundreds of dollars on the blades... they look really nice... I like that FiberTec Power... I am a sucker come to Limba outer ply with Kevlar or Arylate composite reinforcement... Thumbs Up

Edited by speedy - 10/18/2011 at 9:45pm
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 6:28am
speedy, i was surprised with the fibertech power. its very controllable even if its fast. you know im not a fan of carbon blades anymore since i shifted to all wood blades

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 6:31am
i was wrong. the regular tenzone comes alive after 3 days of breaking in. its now very spinny unlike when i used it the first day. the tenzone sf is still very spinny but im beginning to like the regular tenzone now

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

i was wrong. the regular tenzone comes alive after 3 days of breaking in. its now very spinny unlike when i used it the first day. the tenzone sf is still very spinny but im beginning to like the regular tenzone now

again ... similar to hexer HD. 
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 7:35pm
deb, how hard is the hexer hd's sponge?

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 10:55pm

Left: Hexer HD; Right: Hexer (pics from a chinese forum)

Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 10:57pm
i don't know about Tenzone similar to HD.. as i already try the HD, but not the tenzone.. my Tenzone and SF will be arriving next week....

i have used 8 pcs of P3 & P5.. some people said it is clone of Roxon450 and Hexer , Hexer+... as i used 450, Hexer & Hexer+ before, and for me it plays differently ...

Edited by bagung - 10/19/2011 at 10:57pm
TB ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, HK3, HH3, HL2 Cpen......
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 10:57pm
Not much point measuring hardness with the sponge still attached to the top sheet
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 5:15am
nice one AMonteiro

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2011 at 10:13am
after a week of testing im more biased towards the regular tenzone in my forehand. i changed the ratings since after breaking in the rubber it showed promising qualities of an ESN rubber. so far its the best esn rubber i have used

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2011 at 7:53pm
almost a month now and the tenzone is still in my forehand. the topsheet is very durable and doesnt degrade that much. playing 3-4x a week with it. the thicker topsheet has everything to do with its durability aside from its composition

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2011 at 7:53pm
the 2.0mm tenzone has the same speed with the 2.1mm tenergy 05 but is very much superior in terms of control

sure7875 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sure7875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2011 at 12:41am
yogi where specifically are u in the philippines?
sure7875 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sure7875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2011 at 12:42am
i just bought a fibertec extreme and tenzone...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic