Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Adidas FiberTec Power, Extreme & Classic Blades !
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas FiberTec Power, Extreme & Classic Blades !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas FiberTec Power, Extreme & Classic Blades !
    Posted: 10/16/2011 at 5:17am
Got 3 of the newest Adidas blades from Adidas itself. 

Adidas FiberTech Power (Blue stripes):

handle: shakehand flared
weight: 87 grams
plies: 7 (limba-carbon kevlar-ayous-kiri-ayous-carbon kevlar-limba)
rubbers used for testing: red 2.0 donic acuda s2, black max adidas tenzone, stiga royal, neo TG3 
speed: off
stiffness: medium stiffness with some flex

glued the black adidas tenzone max for my forehand and the 2.0 red donic acuda s2 for my backhand. the blades from adidas have above average finish and quality. by looking at the construction of the blade and finish they are identical to the blades that andro have. the handle is very comfortable to the hand. its smooth and fits my palm. 
on the ball bounce test i found that all 3 fibertech blades have a large and consistent sweetspot and i mean all 3 of them. using the tenzone regular on the fh i was eager to to the drills. while driving the ball i found out that the blade is balanced even if the tenzone is a bit heavy like tenergy 05. the blade has a great feel. according to a friend of mine who tested the blade also it feels like a softer version of the kong ling hui special but lighter. there are no bad vibrations on the blade as if the vibration is contained and does not spread across your hand. i rated it as OFF instead as OFF+ because its not as fast as T-11, promorac carbon or gergely. The control is very good with the FiberTec Power. It is fast when you want it fast, it is slow when you want it slow meaning it has gears. 
I would consider this as a looping blade offensive blade with lots of control. this is more of a mid distance blade. counters and smashes are above average with a perfect balance of the weight of the blade that it doesnt feel head heavy. even intermediate players will have no time controlling this blade.

Recommended rubbers: 
rubbers that are medium to medium hard. i have tried using a chinese rubber but mine was an lkt sound but even with harder chinese rubbers i think this blade will do fine. i never tested it with soft, mushy rubbers. 

Adidas FiberTec Extreme (red stripes)

Handle: Shakehand
Weight: 88 grams
Plies: hinoki-ayous-carbon-kiri-carbon-ayous-hinoki
Rubbers used for testing: T05, Adidas Tenzone max, LKT Rapid Sound
Stiffness: very stiff
Speed: OFF+

This is the fastest among the 3 FiberTec blades. a little heavy but still acceptable because the blade is very balanced and is not head heavy. i would describe the speed of the blade as in the level of donic black devil and is slightly faster than the primorac carbon. What i like with this blade is that it has a wood feel due to its construction where the 1st 2 plies are wood veneers instead of the usual 1st ply wood and 2nd ply carbon construction. the control is still good. like the fibertec power it has a large sweet spot when i did the ball bounce test. 
The blade produces very solid shots at any distance from the table from being near to far distance. this baby is built for speed and power shots. this is a hitters blade but it can still be good for looping but not slow loops. So far spin drives work best with this blade. I would recommend this for advanced players only since this is very fast

Recommended rubbers: Adidas Tenzone and Tenzone  SF 2.0mm (max would be too fast for most people) Slower rubbers with softer sponges will be great. Other rubbers like T05fx, tibhar sinus alpha or sound, lkt rapid sound would work well even with classic rubbers such as mendo and mark v.

Adidas Fibertec Classic (Orange stripes):

Handle: Shakehand
Weight: 82.5 grams
Plies: Akazie(acacia)-carbon kevlar-ayous-kiri-ayous-carbon kevlar-Akazie
Rubbers used for testing: T05, Adidas Tenzone max, Donic Acuda s2, T05
Stiffness: Slightly Stiff with some flexibility
Speed: OFF-

Among the 3 adidas blades that I have tested this is the slowest at OFF- speed. This is also the lightest according to the digital weighing scale i borrowed. Do not be fooled by my off- rating. this blade still has enough speed and if paired with a fast rubber it still is fast. I tried it today with my T05 and acuda S2 then later changed the T05 to the Adidas Tenzone rubber. The weight was still average despite the heavy rubbers that i have attached to it. This is more of a control blade. I used the acuda s2 mainly on this blade because it was 2.0mm to determine its speed. it was fast enough. fast as in those control carbon blades of yasaka but slower than a TBS. When i was hitting it with the 3 rubbers i mentioned above the loud "TONK" sound was very audible among the players in the playing area. This is a looping blade. The kevlar offers stability on the ball bounce and lessens the vibration. The carbon offers some speed. Whether making slow or fast loops you wouldnt regret having this blade because you will have lots of control on your shots. I would recommend this to beginners(with slower and thinner rubbers) to advanced players.

Recommended rubbers: you can place very fast rubbers on this blade and still maintain control. even a t64, andro hexer or bryce speed would be controllable on this blade. The Tenzone max regular and T05 were very controllable earlier today.

Conclusion:

Adidas has surprisingly produced 3 great blades with various control levels with each respective speed preferences. All the 3 have large sweetspots and have accpetable weights. All of the 3 are not head heavy blades which make them very balanced blades.

Speed:
Extreme>Power>Classic

Control:
Classic>Power>Extreme

Weight:
Extreme>Power>Classic

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2011 at 9:17am
When you say it has gears, do you mean that slow is slow, but medium hits are fast (like a tensor) or do you mean the power output is linear (like slow stroke = slow ball, medium stroke = medium ball and fast stroke = fast ball).

With those rubbers, I'm guessing any blade would feel "geared", however.

It's good to hear that it has a low end, regardless. Too many fast blades lack that low end control and produce squirrelly hits at low impact; even some of the popular OFF 5 and 7 plys.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2011 at 7:32pm
sorry i think i didnt use the right word for it. yes it is linear. it has the speed from slow to fast depending on the power you apply
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2011 at 9:09am
interested in FiberTec classic..

looking forward to your review..
thanks..
TB ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, HK3, HH3, HL2 Cpen......
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2011 at 11:06am
updated reviews on the 3 blades posted

bagung View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2011 at 4:42am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

updated reviews on the 3 blades posted

thanks for the review.....

which of these is more feel like all wood...?
thanks....
TB ZLC, Innerforce ZLC, HK3, HH3, HL2 Cpen......
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2011 at 6:55am
bagung, suprisingly the fibertec extreme has some sort of woody feel, stiff but woody

ituning.technology View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2011 at 11:43am
The blades are made with Kevlar. Instead it is a synthetic fiber called Aramid. The fibertec classic is one of the best blades combined with chinese rubber.
Equipment:
blade: JOOLA Tusk FL
rubber: JOOLA Custom Drum 2.25/ JOOLA Rhyzm 2.25
r7racer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r7racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2011 at 10:47pm
Thanks Yogi for the great reviews.
Would you say any of them feel close to the timo boll ALC?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2011 at 6:26am
r7racer, i think its the fibertec power.. it has a carbon aramid layer.. 

r7racer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r7racer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2011 at 7:25pm
Thanks, I'll be trying that one soon
grzged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grzged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 2:00pm
I found some nice hd photos of Adidas FiberTec blades, enjoy! 

Cant wait for my Adidas FiberTec Power, will have it in this week Smile
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 6:17pm
i'm playing the classic version since 3 weeks and i'm verry happy

for long time i looked for a new blade after i played with butterfly viscaria, butterfly tha i decide to bycott

i played at least 20 different Blades but i was never satisfied

for a short period i also played the power version that i found good but to fast

with the classic version you have a good compromise between power and control

very good feeling,  good spin e good trampoline effect

i would say that this blade is also better than viscaria and for this reason i bought three FiberTech Classic

i got all three with a weight of 84g Big smile

you don't need to seal the blade because you will never habe splinter problems

Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2011 at 7:40pm
grzged, you will not be disappointed with the fibertech power. i kept that blade even if im nota fan of carbon blades

carmelomaf, the classic one has tons of control and even if you place a tenergy 64 to its still has control. its a looping blade on the off- to off category

ituning.technology View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ituning.technology Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2012 at 2:43pm
The Full Adidas Line is available for the USA Market. I just bought a FiberTEC Power and Classic with Tenzone SF Red Max couple weeks ago. 

The blade and rubbers seem to be made very well. I am pretty impressed with Adidas right now. :D

I bought them from www.pongsquad.com Apparently they are the North American Distributors for Adidas.  
Equipment:
blade: JOOLA Tusk FL
rubber: JOOLA Custom Drum 2.25/ JOOLA Rhyzm 2.25
pak abu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pak abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2014 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

r7racer, i think its the fibertec power.. it has a carbon aramid layer.. 

How about the speed, feeling and top spin ability as compared fibertec power to viscaria? Also compare it to Adidas Avenger 7? Many thanks yogi.. Now in process to have one of these..

Edited by pak abu - 01/04/2014 at 2:47pm
DHS TG 506+

FH: JOOLA Rhyzm (black, max)

BH: YASAKA Rakza 7 Soft (red,2.0mm)

Lightworker View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightworker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2014 at 5:00pm
Great feeling at short play, extremely fast, real easy to spin, great block, feather light...I've used butterfly boll triicarbon, magic hand, Tibhar Curious, but this is by far the best!!!!! :)
Boll TriCarbon, Evolution EL-P
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2014 at 7:20pm
Great review of these 3 blades which look amazing! I am currently using YEO - unfortunately I have come to notice that the straight handle I bought the blade with if painful for my hand. I require anatomic handle (preferred) or at least flared.

Rather than buying another YEO - the quality of Adidas products is having me consider an Adidas blade. Which of the 3 reviewed blades (or other Adidas blades) would you think is the best fit for someone used to the YEO and who does not want a feel which is too different from it. 

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2014 at 7:45pm
avenger 5

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic