Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

donic burn aratox rs review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: donic burn aratox rs review
    Posted: 10/27/2011 at 3:16am
Well i decided to buy a new blade as an upgrade coming from nittaku violin to waldner senso carbon..
I went for the donic burn aratox, I was searching for a faster blade then my waldner senso carbon without losing to much control, I tried many blades but most of them were to hard our to slow.
I tried yinhe v14 (hard), timo boll zlf (mushy) TBS (hard) Nexy spartacus (slower then wsc) Donic burn off - ( no control enough) Photino (strange feeling) andro kinetic aramid carbon and many others.

From all the blades i tested the spartacus was the best but not fast enough for my likings
I decided butterfly is not my brand, mainly because of the price and the feel.
So i came back to donic and decided to buy an entirely new blade instead of trading and buying second hands.
My choise came at the Burn aratox rs. There was nor review yet so i did not know what to expect but donic says its just as fast as burnn off- with the same control as waldner senso carbon.
Just what i wanted.
The price is fair , for one of donics expensivesed blades you only pay 50 euro's , compared to butterfly thats peanuts.

I put on my usual rubbers, so tenergy 05 2,1 on FH and palio blitz 2,1 on BH

My style is mostly close to the table play,controlled blocking and looping , waiting to finish the ball of with attacking play,occasinaly stepping out backwards.
What i liked about the WSC is that it shined in short play but had enough power to attack.
Now for the Burn aratox.
The finish of the blade is not perfect but good enough, it feels pretty good in hand, nice handle, good size.
I bought a 84 gram straight version.
Yesterday I had my first hit with it and boy am I impressed! This is what I've been searching forSmile
It is indeed faster then the WSC and just as fast our a little faster as the donic burn off- but where it really shines is the short game compared to the speed.
I never had such a fast blade with so much control. Its amazing.
It is a little stiffer then WSC but just as good in looping.
Throw is just a little lower but I had no problems at all adapting to it.
Short game is great, touch shots are easy to perform, and balls are easy to put low over the net, and it has multiple gears for second line play.
Blocking is precise and with killing speed and hitting/smashing is no problem either.
Its easy to take over the speed of your opponents shot and block it back even faster.
I always had to put a lot of effort in my BH stroke to get some speed and a finish but withe this blade thats also improved, I never hit such a high percentage BH right.
I think 8 our 9 out of 10
I would rate it as an off blade.

I am glad i bought this blade, Its a keeper this time and I am not going to search any further.
If you are looking for a fast controlled blade then maybe this is something for you

set up: Donic WSC

fh Cornileau target Pro GT H47

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

Sponsored Links

PedramTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PedramTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2011 at 7:21am
Thanks for the review elmo
    The movement which is the existence of the universe is the movement of love.

Ibn 'Arabi, Fusûs al-Hikam
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2011 at 9:59am
Hey Elmo...I currently play with the Donic Burn Off- blade and was thinking about giving the RS blade a try, but after reading your view will probably just go ahead and buy it.  I just don't like to play with blades that are too fast, but you mention the speed is just a tad faster than the Burn Off- and that the control is very good.  My friends and I all love the Burn Off- blade, but sometimes we would like something just a tad faster but still with good control...so you think I will like it then?
Thanks for the review
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2011 at 10:52am
Hey Dave
I can not speak for you but I would say that you would like it a lot
It is a little bit faster then the burn off- which i tested before this one so i can make a good comparisation, and the throwangle is just slightly lower which i like better.
Its not crazy fast but it has multiple gears, enough power for powerstrokes and the great thing is the control, It has far more control then the burn off-, I was stunned, it has has good control as the waldner senso carbon and its faster so this suits my game perfectly.
I would reccomend it as an upgrade from burn off- for sure, its a burn off- off with more control :)

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2011 at 11:29am
thanks Elmo...this will be my next blade. 
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2011 at 1:52pm
thanks for the review!

By control, do you mean the size of the sweet spot and fewer miss hits?

Or do you mean over the table touch play?

or something else?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2011 at 1:35am
By control I mean the table touch shots, so short play, and fewer miss hits because of the control/speed ratio.
Also because of the slightly lower throw I play less balls over the table. So I land more balls on the end of the table.
With burn off- they went more over.

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2011 at 7:55am
Someone asked me to compare with violin so i decided to put that here to

I played with violin for 3 years so i think i can compare them very wel
First I have to say that violin is unique in his feel, there is no other blade like that and I will play with it sometime again.
As my game improved I needed more speed and power so I moved on, In my search for a controlled offensive blade with about the same feel and touch as the violin I came to the waldner senso carbon from donic (WSC)
This had more power but still had very good control. It was very easy to adapt to that and my game leveled up since I was more dangerous through the extra speed it gave.
But after one season I noticed that I still lacked punch against a lot of players.
So I started searching again, I played lots of blades and in the end I bought the Aratox.

Now for the comparisation, Its faster then WSC , and ofcourse if something is faster you loose control, Still with the aratox the speed is very controlable,  In the rally's the ball goes a little longer of course since its faster but it is very easy to perform touch shots behind the net, our slow down, It is also possible to take over balls from the opponent with a nice and punchy speed block.
Much faster then I could do with either violin our WSC, Opponents have more difficulty's with that.
My Bh has more power to now.
Its not a hard and stiff blade, it has some flex But WSC has more and Violin is different in feel, softer nor per se flexier.
Taking the speed of the aratox I would say that the control in short game is super, I did not have such a fast blade with this touch yet.

I would rate it like this

Control
Violin>WSC>Aratox
Spin
Violin>WSC>Aratox
Fast spin
Aratox>WSC>Violin
Smash
Aratox>WSC>Violin
Chopping
Aratox>Violin>WSC
Blocking PUNCH
Aratox>WSC>Violin
Blocking Controlled
Violin>WSC>Aratox

Control speed ratio. so most speed best control
Aratox>WSC>Violin

Above is normal, More speed is less control but as said, f you can control the speed then the aratox is above average in controlled touch shots and blocking compared to other off frames
It depends on your level ofcourse if the blade will fit you, Its hard to compare without trying a blade I noticed that buying a blade because of reviews does not mean that it will fit your game to.
Maybe you can try a WSC first and if the speed is no problem , then the aratox is no problem either.
It is for sure a step up coming from violin. Both WSC and Aratox and adapting will not be a problem because they both have sort of the violin feel although not THE violin feel. I do not think there is any blade  with that feel but these come close with the aratox being a real level up and the WSC a smaller one.

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

viktorovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 4:35am
 Aratox RS : Mahagony-Kiri-Aratox-Kiri-Aratox-Kiri-Mahagony.
? It isn't hard ?
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 6:26am
Nope , For instance timo boll spirit feels much harder. Its not soft and mushy either like innerforce zlf, It is something in between with nice bit of flex and a bit springy , slightly harder then Waldner senso carbon,

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

dabeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2011 at 2:07am
nice review..,
my boy uses WSC and want to upgrade to WSUC, but after read your review.. aratox RS can be other choice
how about the aratox RS thickness ?
is it like WSC or innerforce series which the aramid/aratox placed in third ply ?
have you ever try WSUC ? can you compare it ?
thank you..
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2011 at 3:15am
Hi there
The aratox is around 5,7 - 6mm thick.
I played a few times with wsuc but the wsuc is much stiffer then the wsc and has a complete other feel then aratox rs, more direct and harder in my opinion,

. 7 ply 1.+7. plies: Mahogany 2.+6. plies: Kiri 3.+5. plies: Aratox Centre ply: Kiri

from the outside it is the 3th plie, depends on how you count

So i did'nt like wsuc because of the harder directer feel, aratox gives a lot more feedback to me and has more spring/kick.
Depends what you like in a blade and what your style is.

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

dabeda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dabeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2011 at 3:36am
ok..thank you elmo,
very detail and helpful
another questions..,
is it made in sweden ?
is it more balance than WSC/WSUC (head havy/hollow senso handle) ?

regards

Edited by dabeda - 11/08/2011 at 3:40am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2011 at 10:13am
 ? Probably, regular Burn Aratox (Koto instead of Mahagony) will be even closer to a Violin ?
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2011 at 11:02am
Maybe? didnt play that blade but violins feeling is unique , I cant imagine that the aratox can compare to that.
Violin is al wood and great craftmanship, The aratox rs a lot different then the violin.
Wsc looks like it in terms of control, not in speed and feel, Aratox rs is even more faster and a bit stiffer then the Wsc so you loose some similarity again

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2011 at 12:12pm
 Thanks.
elmo51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elmo51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2011 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by dabeda dabeda wrote:

is it made in sweden ?  that is what they say
is it more balance than WSC/WSUC (head havy/hollow senso handle) ?   No senso handle on the aratox but a nice comfartable handle for me.
Wsc is very well balanced blade but so is aratox, cant say more in balance, just a little springier
No problems with the heavy tenergy on it, not head heavy in my opinion but i have very big and strong hands.

regards

Edited by elmo51 - 11/08/2011 at 1:05pm

bh VS401 2,1

second set ups :

WSC

FH tenergy 05

BH Blitz

Testing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2012 at 7:49am
 @GoldenDragoon
 ? You have a feeling that  Donic Burn Aratox too hard and not the flexible ? Thanks.
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2012 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by elmo51 elmo51 wrote:

Originally posted by dabeda dabeda wrote:

is it made in sweden ?  that is what they sayis it more balance than WSC/WSUC (head havy/hollow senso handle) ?   No senso handle on the aratox but a nice comfartable handle for me.
Wsc is very well balanced blade but so is aratox, cant say more in balance, just a little springier

No problems with the heavy tenergy on it, not head heavy in my opinion but i have very big and strong hands.regards

I own an Aratox RS and it came in a box labelled - "made in china" not Swedish made. I bought from megaspin .
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2012 at 5:11am
Originally posted by viktorovich viktorovich wrote:

@GoldenDragoon ? You have a feeling that  Donic Burn Aratox too hard and not the flexible ? Thanks.

Well I don't have a wealth of exp with some of the more known blades (most of my exp is with balsa blades) to compare it with so I can only compare it against some lesser known blades. In terms of speed it is between my Andro Cristian Suss Hinoki ALL and my much newer Tibhar Samsanov Alpha SGS. It is very similar to the CS blade in the short game having nice touch but it has a fair bit more catapult effect when you wind up a bit. At full tilt is is only a little slower than the Alpha. As for the flex there is daylight difference between the Aratox and the other two. It has considerably more dwell time when looping so you can do some fantastic shots much easier and consistently compared to the alpha. You need to put a fair bit behind each shot when you are more than a meter off the table if you want hit a sure winner.

Its hardly the weapon moster most people on this forum search for but I value technique and placement over power for winning my points an this allows my to play many shots much more consistently along with fantasic 3rd ball attacking potential.
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2012 at 7:31am
 Thanks. Mine Donic Dima SawTec is consistently-direct and "sharp" too.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2012 at 2:50pm
Just curious what does the "RS" in the Burn Aratox RS mean or stand for, Is it a kind of fiber ? 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2012 at 4:17pm
You can't really make a close comparison with these blades, as one is composite and the other is wood. Mostly personal preference, I like wood blades, so I probably will hate the majority of carbon blades.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viktorovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 4:55am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 7:16am
Originally posted by right2niru right2niru wrote:

Just curious what does the "RS" in the Burn Aratox RS mean or stand for, Is it a kind of fiber ? 

No special fibres... The Aratox and Aratox RS are all wood with different outer plies. The Carbotox is the stupid fast version with "special" fibres.
mg View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 9:48am
Well actually aratox is supposed to be sth like aramid, but better, same with carbotox and carbon...So all three blades should be composite. Andro has the same materials. I played both Donic and Andro Carbotox and wasn't that impressed, especially with the Donic...
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2012 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by mg mg wrote:

Well actually aratox is supposed to be sth like aramid, but better, same with carbotox and carbon...So all three blades should be composite. Andro has the same materials. I played both Donic and Andro Carbotox and wasn't that impressed, especially with the Donic...

I like both. A mate has the Tempertech off and off+ and it has a very similar "feel" apart from the speed.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2012 at 1:15am
For some reason i am still trying hard to get used to Aratox RS from Walder Senso carbon on direct hits/Flat smashes - it always goes out if i apply my forehand power drive on smash. Can somebody help me out on what i am doing wrong here vs i never have problem with that stroke on WSC ?
Only reason i am thinking of switiching to aratox RS is due to its close to the table play and short drop - it's simply amazing and mind blowing for somebody coming from a carbon composite.
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic