Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

what is the best donic rubber for stiga OC CR?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what is the best donic rubber for stiga OC CR?
    Posted: 10/31/2011 at 8:14am
hey guys I would like to know what is the best rubber I could use on my forehand that will be great with the stiga OC CR.I  play close and mid to the table and I want to add more power to my thirdball attacks because when I use chinese rubber I have to graze the ball to the topsheet so I can only produce spin not speed and power thanks.
Yinhe V-14
FH:Xiom Vega Pro
BH:Donic Baracuda
Sponsored Links

speaquinox View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speaquinox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 8:35am
Baracuda or Acuda S1. Former is slower with more pronounced spin.
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena
cotdt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 8:46am
Why Donic? Tenergy 05 would be the best. It has more spin and speed than Acuda S1.

Edited by cotdt - 10/31/2011 at 8:46am
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 8:52am
@cotdt I don't like to use rubbers that are way advance and very pricey it's not the rubber it is who is using it many players here in the phil are strong even though they don't use tenergy
Yinhe V-14
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 9:21am
try Acuda S2 in 2.0mm or JO Platin.  AcudaS3 is also very good. My son plays with Stiga Offensive CR and Acuda S3 on his FH and likes it very much.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 9:25am
Originally posted by ninglei23 ninglei23 wrote:

hey guys I would like to know what is the best rubber I could use on my forehand that will be great with the stiga OC CR.I  play close and mid to the table and I want to add more power to my thirdball attacks because when I use chinese rubber I have to graze the ball to the topsheet so I can only produce spin not speed and power thanks.
The best rubber for you cannot be determined by other people unless they've seen and/or know your game. To get more power in your 3rd ball attacks, you have to use more of your body. There's a reason why the CNT spends some time lifting weights. Wink

One thing that should help is to do a half brush half hitting motion and then you should get a loop-drive. Then increase the speed and spin until you can blast balls past people.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 9:57am
@TheRobot99 thanks a lot
Yinhe V-14
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by cotdt cotdt wrote:

Why Donic? Tenergy 05 would be the best. It has more spin and speed than Acuda S1.

I must disagree, T05 is not faster than Acuda S1. I have played with both. Spin between the two is subjective.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 7:25pm
that is right
Yinhe V-14
Vassily View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vassily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2011 at 7:33pm

Close to table Id rather use S1, power doesnt matter too much when you are swinging over the table, and S1 is lighter (makes a big difference IMO) with better feel. I think S1 topsheet is a bit softer, which makes it easier to lock the ball in.

Nittaku Acoustic FL    T05    Acuda S2 2.0mm
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2011 at 10:17am
Ningle...there are several different rubbers that would be great for your fh, but there is no one perfect rubber for this.  I've made a few suggestions, but asking what the best rubber would be is like asking what would be the best tires for my new sports car.  There are plenty of good brands available.  Some good players I know now use Stiga Calibra LT on their fh and like that.  Stiga rubbers typically don't have quite as much spin as other rubbers, but they are pretty good.  I really like Acuda S3, and I've read good reviews of Acuda S2.  Tenergy is very costly and really not a good choice if you're not an advanced player that can get the most out of it. 
If you're a beginner - intermediate player then find a good rubber that is not too fast, has good spin and control.  Acuda S3 is very good for allround play as it has good spin/control/speed.  The Tibhar Genius is not too bad, and I'm also hearing good things about Yasaka Rakza 7 rubbers.  But to your point you asked what is the best Donic rubber and I would say Acuda S3 or S2.  S2 will be a little faster so it won't have as much control.

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2011 at 10:20am
Acuda S1, no doubt.
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2011 at 10:22am
I just said best donic rubber because I don't want to risk my money of buying an equipment that will not be good with my stiga OC CR that is an all wood blade
Yinhe V-14
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2011 at 10:33am
S3. Hands down. In the past, you've mentioned problems putting your third ball attacks on the table. This will help.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
ninglei23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninglei23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2011 at 11:11am
ohh..come on I just can't get my 3rd ball attacks because my calibra don't have grip anymore I am using it for 5 hrs on weekends and 3 hrs on weekdays and I used it for 8 months but now I can do it with no problem pshh
Yinhe V-14
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2011 at 12:58pm
gotcha...ok then definitely go with Acuda S3...you will like it.
Zach Moy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach Moy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2011 at 6:19pm
The best rubber for Looping and blocking would be Tibhar Nimbus Sound tuned. but for donic i've used F1 desto and it is pretty good. baracuda wasn't that good with OC CR but was okay not great.
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2017 at 7:47pm
alright myTT, I got bit by the EJ bug and I just so happen to be using an OC CR... I am thinking about using a softer rubber on my forehand. currently using jp1turbo 2.0 on fh and jp3 1.8 on bh. I was pondering on changing my blade too to a carbon one but I got talked out of it and the EJ bug is still strong so I suppose comprising on just changing my fh rubber should suffice.

I am thinking about jp2, evolution fx-p, or maybe the rasant series?

I try to play a looping game but in reality in the game, I have a sucky swing on my forehand. I am hoping a change to softer rubber would help me in addition to trying to change my technique in general

here I am doing some service and attack
https://youtu.be/oDJKC6YohAs

here I am playing versus short pips (red) and long pips(black)
https://youtu.be/kmk6rQ7Q10A

my current rating is around 1400, I don't play enough to improve drastically but I'm trying to change that these days :-)
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2017 at 10:05am
aerial...your responding in a 6+ year old thread....so many rubbers since then.  You should probably start a new thread. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic