Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas R6 Response Rubber Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
comeglan View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comeglan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas R6 Response Rubber Review
    Posted: 11/14/2011 at 3:28pm
Taken from http://www.mtagsports.com/wordpress/2011/11/14/adidas-response-r6-rubber-review/

Adidas Response R6 Rubber Review

I love to attack.  It may have something to do with my slightly aggressive and competitive personality, but there’s nothing better than a side step loop right off of the serve.  I put the Adidas R6 rubber on approximately 5 days ago and at first bounce, it seemed like it was a pretty nice rubber.  It was able to produce a good amount of spin and speed within the warm up rallies and was EXTREMELY light, compared to the Tenergy 05fx that I was using prior to that.  Then came the game..

First on my forehand.  Unlike the Adidas P5 Performance rubber, it was not love at first flight.  It didn’t produce the same zip and zing that the P5 was able to produce.  I was able to place the balls where I wanted and at a decent speed/pace, but my opponent, who I normally beat, was able to redirect it with no problem.  Due to it’s decrease in weight, I was able to get some nice flip kills, but other than that, it was a step down from my usual rubber.

Adidas R6 Response Rubber on Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit

Then on the backhand.  Maybe you’re like me, but my backhand tends to lean towards the safer side in terms of play style.  Sure, I will loop a long underspin to my body, but other than that, I’ll tend to push, block, or punch, with my backhand in that order.  I found the R6 to suite quite well on my backhand.  What was lacking in speed and power, the R6 shines in control and spin.  One thing that I did notice about the rubber, is that it produces a very quick and zippy off the bounce loop.  I can only conclude that this rubber is geared towards players who stay close to the table.  So to sum up:

Adidas R6 Response Rubber:

Pros:
  1. Extremely Light
  2. High control
  3. Good spin
  4. Medium Arc/Throw
Cons:
  1. Lacking a bit in Power and Speed
  2. Due to the weight, it may throw off your game

LIVEPONG,
Nick
the MTAG TEAM