Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Handcrafted Blades by Ross Leidy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233
Author
hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

Originally posted by hleett hleett wrote:

Did anyone owned or played with Ross's "Effortless" blade? Was there any reviews on it? Thanks.

I don't know the "Effortless".  Do you have any information to share?
I tried upload 4 photos and got denied. So I am going to ul one at a time. Hope this works.
Here is one, Western Red Cedar-Kiri-Western Red Cedar.

Sponsored Links

hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 5:03pm
Full view:

hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 5:05pm
1 more. The lucky owners of these blades please tell us about them. Thank you.

hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 5:06pm
Last one:
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 7:47pm
As always, Ross's blades look beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen a RL three-ply before.  I wonder what thicknesses he's using and what the final weight ends up as.  Like you, I'd love to read a review or two to hear how they play.

hleett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hleett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2018 at 8:06pm
This is what he said in his email:
"I’ve attached a few photos of some Effortless blades that I’ve built.  The composition is Western Red Cedar - Kiri - Western Red Cedar.  Generally, I use a blade size of 157x150, but I can use any of the shapes I’ve designed.  The weight is generally 85g-95g, but this can go up if a larger head is used or heavier handle wood.  Standard thickness is around 8.9mm-9mm. "
Rusifizio View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusifizio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2018 at 1:49am
wooooow!!! one day me too!< id="99614">@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

Edited by Rusifizio - 07/24/2018 at 1:50am
Ross Leidy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross Leidy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 6:12pm
A long-time client asked me to post a couple photos of his latest blade.  The Cpen is limba(x2)-kiri-limba(x2), handle is Redwood burl with Ivorywood inlay.  The inlaid initial is oriented so that it will be staring his opponent in the face.  :)

Rusifizio View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusifizio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2019 at 4:41am
what a beauty, Ross!Smile
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2019 at 1:48am
The blade is mine Big smile. In the past I bought 6 or 7 blades from Ross, but mostly J-pen with cork handle so it was not possible to have a special handle (I do not want to add weight to the blade) so this time I ordered a C-pen with inlay, and I am very happy with the result. The construction is similar to Acoustic. The blade is still on the way, and I am looking forward to have it soon.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 8:05pm
As always, spectacular Ross! I did play with initials as inlay designs but it I couldn't come up with anything I liked.  In the end, I'm still deliriously happy with what I do have.  Just lately I've been listening to the sound the blade makes as I'm playing.  The tone is much clearer and cleaner than anyone else I'm playing against.  And I suspect that tells us something about the quality of Ross Leidy blades.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 8:45pm
they said in the news that Sagittarius A is glowing big time (no pun intended, I know close to nothing about physics :) after a long calm period, indicating that a great deal of matter is falling in or around. We got too close, can you feel it sucking us?
If I had to buy another Ross Leidy blade to play and own with pride, it would be a sotto voce with ipe medial. That was right from the start, it’s actually amazing to have started with something that made itself a standard, that blade got everything, really.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313233
  Share Topic